Aliza Lemnley

Discussion in 'Retired Characters' started by SenpaiPancake, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Name: Aliza "Aly" Lemnley

Race: Hylian

Place of Origin: Lon Lon Ranch

PWC: Pre extra: Power 1, Wisdom 2, Courage 1 (1/2/1)

Final: Power 1, Wisdom 5, Courage 2 (1/5/2)

Treasures:

Magic Proficiency +50 Rupees

Spendable Rupees: 150 Rupees

Compaction Pouch – 60 Rupees
    Alchemy: Level 1/2 – 70 Rupees
    Speciality: Seed – 20 Rupees

Rupee Riches +50 Rupees

Final Balance: 50 Rupees

Height: 5'8”

Weight: 119 pounds

Equipment:

Aliza's basic outfit consists of a beautiful, stark white sundress, the neckline joining at a v just below her collar bone, and the hem coming to a few inches above the top of her knee. In her hair she wears a red bow, roughly six inches in length, positioned on the front, up and left, attached clip-style.

Other than her outfit, she carries her Compaction Pouch, a gift from Archibald meant to help with herb collecting, on her shoulder, satchel style. The Compaction pouch is a faded red, the leather cracked and scuffed from age, and is attached to a simple strap of the same colour and material. As well, she can often be seen carrying a worn, black book, roughly the size of a text book, in the opposite arm. This book is filled with her notes, research, and diagrams, as well as serving as a diary and travel journal.

Appearance:

While somewhat on the plain side, Aliza is definitely an adorable girl. Her body is toned from her constant walks, active gardening, and seed hunting, her skin attractively tanned from her time spent in the sun. Shape wise, Aliza possesses all the curves of a woman, a chest that would be described as roughly handful-sized, and slightly larger than normal hips. However, she moves rather awkwardly at times, as if she was unfamiliar with her own body.

Her hair is a blonde/dirty blonde, wavy and roughly shoulder-blade length. Aliza usually keeps it down, her bangs parted to one side across her forehead, though she has been known to put it up into a messy ponytail if it’s getting in her way. Otherwise, Aliza tries not to change her hairstyle too much. Below lies eyebrows, thin, long, and light blonde, and her eyes, deep set and a brilliant mix of green and blue, always full of wanderlust and excitement. Her nose is of the button nose variety, though some maintain that is thinner than most other button noses. Aliza's cheeks are rather prominent, framing her eyes nicely while providing lift to her face. They curve nicely to her chin, a round and soft, with her lips just above, thin and dark pink, giving her a small chin.

Personality:

For those first meeting Aliza, they will find her to be quite timid and reserved. She is a rather self-conscience person, and as such, barely says anything to those she has just met. Aliza is quite content with sitting back in groups containing others she has only just met, allowing the more boisterous to talk and plan. This isn't to say she isn't lively around those she does know well. She has the ability to be energetic and exuberant, as long as she feels safe doing so.

When someone becomes close enough for Aliza to trust them, most will agree that they find her to be honest and sincere, someone others can rely on. Kindness and humility are two traits she holds important about herself, and two which she believes every person should strive to find. Aliza is fiercely loyal to those she cares about, and will, if treated with kindness and respect, stand by any friend no matter the circumstances. There are times however, where Aliza comes across as if she is holding things in, keeping her true feelings a secret. This is an unfortunate side-effect of Aliza's low self-image, as she fears, at times, that she isn't good enough for those around her, and hides those feelings deep in her heart, believing others will agree, or will be upset about her negative self-image.

Often it seems as if Aliza is in her own world, and it shows. Many would call her a complete klutz, and while she is incredibly fit, Aliza lacks real coordination and fighting skills, which may come as a shock to some at a first meeting, considering her sisters widespread reputation.

Residence:

She currently lives in Castle-Town, working for Uncle Archie, a family friend.

Pet: None.

Backstory:

Like most children born to the age preceding the King of Evil, Aliza's early years were blissful and simple. Though the memories fleeting, she could still see the days where the children of Lon Lon Ranch could play in the fields surrounding the settlement, free from the oppressing dangers of monsters and bandits. Free from the fear that now gripped the once proud country of Hyrule.

While the seven year old Aliza would often join the other children out in the fields, her parents felt it was necessary to send Aliza's sister, ten years her elder, along to watch over the village youth. This was a constant point of debate within the family, as the young girl was confident that she needed no guardian. “But muuuuum, why does Alleina have to come? None of the other kids brothers or sisters come!” The girl stamped her foot in anger, tired of being treated like a baby. Aliza's mother put down her sewing and gave a small sigh. “Aliza, I've told you this before. I don't care what the “other kids” do. It's gotten dangerous out there.” Her mother knelt down in front of her child, looking into her eyes. “Do you remember that legend we heard when we visited Uncle Archibald in Castle-Town? The one about the King of Darkness?” Aliza , frightened by the seriousness in her mothers eyes, could only muster up a stiff nod. “Well, they say he has returned in the South, far across the Great Mountains. I don't think its coincidence that there has been an increase in monster sightings in the northern fields, Aliza. Most would think it the ramblings of an over-protective mother, but I swear upon the Golden Goddesses that it's true. Your sister is the finest swordswoman I have laid eyes upon. She can protect you Aliza.” This was a point the girl could not argue with. Her sister, Alleina, was in the process of becoming a Knight of Hyrule. Her days were spent brandishing sword, honing her skills and perfecting her body. Very much unlike the awkward and clumsy Aliza, Alleina moved with deftness and finesse that often enchanted the younger Lemnley. Her sister was, in her eyes, perfect. Sighing in defeat, Aliza conceded to her mother’s argument.

“Come on sloooowpoke! You'll never catch me!” Aliza laughed in delight as she ran, her sister following behind the children, a soft smile upon her lips. A sword hung down from her right hip, her armour consisting of leather greaves and gauntlets, finished off with a chain-mail vest beneath her shirt. As always, Alleina's hair was pulled back into a ponytail, though two stray lengths of hair fell to either side of her eyes. “Leeeena, can we play hide-n-seek?” Aliza turned to face her sister, a pleading look on her face. Her mother had specifically told Aliza that she was required to stay where her sister could see her at all times. “We'll stay close, I promise! Pleeeeease Lena?” If there was one weakness Alleina had in all the lands of Hyrule, it was her little sister. She could never say no, even when it was against her better judgment. She pointed her finger at Aliza, a sharp look in her eyes. “No wandering off this time, okay? Mum is going to have my head if anything happens. She's tense enough as it is.” Hugging her sister, Aliza raced back to the other children, eager to begin their game.

The children played for much of the day, and only when the sky began to darken for the night did Alleina call them in. “Alright, alright, come on guys, settle down. I need to make sure everyone is here.” She counted silently to herself, a small frown growing upon her brow. Looking confused she counted again, and then a third time. “Are we missing someone?” The children began to mutter among themselves, frightened. Then, from the back of the group came a worried cry. “Andrew? My brother Andrew, I can't find him!” Jarrid Deeley, a neighbour to the Lemnley family, ran to Alleina with tears clouding his eyes. “Please, I can't find my brother! We have to go look for him!” Alleina's face hardened, and she began to bark out orders to the children. “Aliza, take everyone back. If I'm not back by the time the sun has fully set, rally the guards and send them here. And don't give me that look. Go! Now!” Aliza had but a second to debate before her sister bounded off in the direction the children had played that day. The girl turned to one of the others, nominating her to lead the children back. “You take them back, I have to go help Lena. This is all my fault. I wanted to play hide-n-seek.” Following after her sister, Aliza left the group with no choice but to head back without her.

Just north of the field, nestled against the low mountains that cradled Lon Lon Ranch, stood an old, somewhat large forest. The children would often hide along its outskirts, but if one ventured too far in, they were bound to get hopelessly lost. Aliza knew this was where her sister would head to first. The forest had always made Aliza nervous. The trees could hold anything, hidden behind the branches and the endless dark. As she crept through the forest, she could feel a soft wetness fall upon her. The rain was cold, and it made the trek hazardous. Aliza was alone in the dark, her only source of illumination the irregular flashes of lighting. She jumping at every rumble of thunder, the crack like a bullet shot in the hushed forest. Aliza could see small snippets of sky here and there between the tree intertwining branches. Dark was falling fast, and that meant someone would be set looking for them soon. Chancing a sound, Aliza called out for her sister, nervous and slightly worried. The only reply she received was a resounding boom of thunder. Pushing into the outskirts of a clearing, the world lit up around Aliza. Straight ahead of her, he sister knelt, gagged and bound her clothing torn and bloody. The look of terror and anguish on her face bore into Aliza's eyes, and as the flash faded, she saw the Moblin's sword descend upon her sister’s neck. The sickening thwack mixed itself with the child's bloodcurdling scream, revealing her to the creatures. They lumbered slowly towards her, and while they were unable to see her through the dark, they could, unfortunately for Aliza, faintly smell the Hylian child through the blood and rain. She scrambled backwards, survival instincts screaming at her to run, to run anywhere not there. Branches slapped her face and bushes scrapped her legs. Aliza stumbled and fell over and over until she was one big bruise. All the while, her hunters stayed on the trail. Aliza began to cry as the cold truth hit her. Alleina was dead, the Deeley boy, most likely dead, and she was most certainly going to end up dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. The word echoes in her mind, a twin thump mirroring her frantically beating heart. She could feel the Moblins behind her, closing the gap between them. The sickening grunt that spewed forward from their gullets enveloped the air around her, adding to the overwhelming cacophony in her head. And then suddenly, she was free. The forest was gone, only the cool night air left to bear down on her. She looked to the sky, tears of relief filling her eyes. She raised her hands for a moment before she felt her face hit the ground hard. The Moblins had caught her. Aliza screamed as one lifted her up, its face contorted into what a psycho would call a smile. She looked away, bracing herself as the tears slid up and off her forehead. Then, in a moment of silence, the sound of a neigh rang through the night. Opening her eyes, Aliza watched as a single, shimmering spear pierced her captor’s skull. As the creature fell dead, the girl still firmly in his clutches, she managed to catch sight of the charging knights before her world went black and silent.

Alleina's death weighed heavily on Aliza's heart. While the girl obviously felt a crushing responsibility, as most would, deep in her heart she turned the rage and blame towards the knights and guards of Hyrule. It was their job to keep the lands safe, their job to keep the people safe. Alleina dedicated her life to them, wasted her life for them. And, in Aliza's mind, they failed her sister. And for that, she would never forgive them. As Aliza aged, she began to spend long hours in that clearing that changed her life. Days were spent examining every inch, every flower and bush. She threw herself into the study of plants and nature, drowning the thoughts and memories with a flood of information. As her teen years waned, she began to catalogue and document the specimens in the clearing, sometimes spending days at a time in her sanctum before returning home. She would pour over every flower, every leaf that she discovered, anything she had yet to encounter. She devoured the knowledge, filling the void that had twisted itself inside her over the years with this new found love. The sight of nature, of something so serene, delicate, peaceful, filled Aliza with a calm she had never experienced. It was here that her attention would fail to waiver, contrary to her usual absentminded, easy-to-distract nature. Any who had known the girl from a babe would think a stranger had stepped inside Aliza, guiding her mind and hand with feverish dedication. The overwhelming devotion to her “hobby” both delighted and worried her parents. They had initially feared for their daughter, believing that she would lose herself in the sorrow that had taken hold of the Lemnley family. And while her new found interest had lead her away from sorrow, the girl’s parents feared that this escape had become an addiction to Aliza, ensnaring her like a web. They had already lost one daughter, and they refused to watch as the other succumbed to madness. Their hearts weighing heavy, the two concluded that their daughter needed an escape from the engulfing memories that lingered there still. So, in secret, they arranged for Aliza to board with an old family friend in Castle-Town, hoping to give the girl a chance to start fresh. And so, with her mouth dry and eyes stinging, Aliza bid her parents farewell as she left behind everything she had ever known. Her heart sunk as she departed, knowing that it would be many long months before she would next lay her eyes upon her beloved birth home. Despite the leisured pace of taken up by the caravan, the days slipped past, blurring together as she trekked across the open expanse of the Hyrule Field. To Aliza’s surprise, the journey was short, ending before she could even adjust to the repetition of travel. And so, on the eve of the fifth day, she stood at the maw of her new life.

The bustling expanse of Castle-Town lay before the country girl, smothering her senses though sheer overload. Shaking the weariness from her mind, Aliza scanned the crowd for her "Uncle" Archie.

Archibald Aurlum, better know by his sales name of Uncle Archie, was a Buisness Deku and old friend of Aliza's father. As far as her memory could recall, Archie had always been a friend to the lass. Not that he was easy to forget. The Deku insisted on growing himself a long, thinly mustache, that, when combined with his trademark top hat, made all but the most stoic chuckle in amazement.

As if cued by the wordless laugh that rang through Aliza's mind, she spied the telltale blue tophat floating through the wave of bodies, attched firmly to the portly frame of Archibald below.
    "Good tidings and merry greetings my dear Aliza," he purred with a flourish and a bow. Giggling, she returned the motions, knocking aside Archie's tophat in the process.
    "Oh dear, oh dear, I'm sorry!" Aliza's face flushed with embarrassment, but the Deku brushed away the apologies xas simply as he did the dirt from his hat.
    "'Tis naught but an accident my dear." Then with a wink he added, "I see you still retain you exemplary grace eh?' Shaking her head, Aliza couldn't help but smile.
    "So... I heard you had a job for me here?" At the question, a sly smile spread across Archie's face. "Mayhaps... Tell me Aliza, how fares your knowledge of Hyrule's flora?" Aliza clutched her compendium closer to her breast as he spoke, curious yet cautious.
    "W-well, decent, I guess... Why?"
    Turning round, the Deku clasped his hands behind his back.
    "To be frank, which honestly I cannont oft describe myself of being, I am getting old. I want to see the world one last time, one brazen adventure, before I am confined to a life of faded memories and wasted wanderlust. So, my dear, you are to become my faithful apprentice and trusted comrade. "Ye Olde Alchemy" will pass from I to thou, to be ran however you see fit. As well, once enough capital has been amassed, I mean not to tarry here much longer. The Eastern Sea hold many a settlement in need of a salesman. So Aliza, what say you?" The girl stood dumbfounded, head swimming with notions of adventure and trepidation. Lost for words, the girl managed to mustered up a ridged nod.
    "Well then, if that is that, I best teach you how a shop is run! Hurry now Aliza, we mustn't dally! This is the start of a new day!"
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Good job, although two things did confuse me. You mention in the Personality section that her lack of combat skill comes as a surprise, due to her sister's widespread reputation. But, then her sister dies when Aliza is a small child, way before the present RP. It's nothing big, just slightly confusing. The second thing were her parents, although this is more of an 'lol' moment. "We already lost one daughter, we won't lose another! Now, quick, send her to the other side of Hyrule!" XD

This passes. Have fun RP'ing with her!

ACCEPTED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.