A Shining Example (Tsu / Toko)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Tsubori, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Kiki was hurriedly running along the pathways of Nabooru, hoping she hadn’t missed her mark. The market was no longer crowded, only a few peddlers still there, packing away their wares for the night. Kiki was to find a specific salesman and tail him to investigate the man for her father. He was apparently dangerous or something, she didn’t quite remember. Alas, she was only told that he sold glass sculptures, and she didn’t see any around.

This would dishearten most, but Kiki knew that meant she got to have a sleepover at the inn. “Yay~” She squee’d in childish glee. “Inn, inn, inn, goin’ in the inn…” Said the young Mogma as she darted through the dusk-filled streets, looking for an inn.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Dargus, a very large unkempt Hylian, was sitting on a small stool at an Inn in Nabooru. To his left and right were several empty chairs, as anyone would rather slaughter swine than reside near this disgusting man. In his right hand, Dargus held the handle of his grimy old whiskey bottle, which he relentlessly drained. "Hey, Sharon," Dargus called after the bartender, a young and beautiful woman. She had had her back turned towards Dargus as she washed several wine glasses, and as she heard the large oaf call her name, she cringed.

"Yes, Dargus?" she asked, with a feigned pleasantry. Turning around, she faced Dargus and inched as close as she was comfortable with, which was a few feat.

"Heh, I've gone empty," Dargus replied, smiling at Sharon. "Could you please, fill up my whiskey bottle?" Sharon picked up his sticky bottle, doing her best to hold back a gag.

"Sure, Dargus," she said, voice caught in her throat. She had thought of cleaning the bottle, yet she knew that once it touched his hand it would have been for naught. Quickly she filled his bottle, then turned around and gave it to him. "That will be another twenty rupees, Dargus."

Dargus belched, letting the gas seep through his hairy lips. "Ah, yes, of course... 'scuse me," he said bashfully. He hated making himself look bad in front of girls, especially Sharon. He then buried his hand deep into his coat pocket and pulled out two blue rupees, smiling, he dropped them into her hand. "Here you go, Sharon."

"Thanks," she cringed, accepting the rupees. She promptly dumped them into the rupee jar and wiped her hands off on a soapy towel, then quickly returned to washing glasses before Dargus could ask anything else of her.

Dargus proceeded to take a long drink of whiskey, then lowering his bottle, he wiped his whiskey soaked beard with his dirty coat sleeve. Sighing a sigh of satisfaction, Dargus than sat up and moved across the room, seeking a more comfortable seat. He chose a rather large arm chair that sat next to the fire. As he sat down, the crowds who had just occupied the spaces around the fire adopted a look of disgust and set off for clearer air. Dargus then set his bottle down and pulled out a knife and block of pine. Humming to himself, he began to carve a small octorock, wood shavings littering his lap.
  3. Tsubori

Kiki finally managed to find an inn after quite some time of searching. She proceeded inside, her shinies at the ready to pay. She saw that the inn also had a bar part to it, so first she went to the front counter. The Mogma intended to come back down for a drink after she settled in, but for now, she’d go to her room. She begrudgingly paid the rupees to get a key and walked up the stairs.

She always hated parting with her shinies, even for stuff that made sense. Either way, Kiki found her room, laying all her stuff on the bed. She kept her coat, mask and claws, but the weapons were retracted.

After she was ready, she went down and sat at the bar. “Orange juice please!” She said in a cheery voice. Sharon nodded with a smile and started making it, but before she could get her drink, Kiki took notice of the wooden Octorok. “Omigosh! That’s so cool! Where’d you learn to do that?” She asked curiously.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Once again, as had happened many times, Dargus was lost in his own little world, carving away at a chunk of wood. It wasn't long before the octorock took shape, being easily recognizable, for if there was one thing other than drinking whiskey that Dargus was great at, it was carving. The evening was passing pleasantly, and Dargus, being caught away in his creation, didn't even notice the strange animal that had entered through the door of the Inn. In fact, he didn't even notice her when she had asked him where he had learned to do that. Dargus simply kept at his work, humming an old tune that seemed to have no melody.

Holding it out, Dargus began to admire his work, when suddenly he loosed a very violent sneeze, spraying a cone of saliva several feet in front of him. "Ah, gah. Whew, that was a good one," he sniffed, then wiped the snot out of his beard with his sleeve. Gaining composer of himself he again adopted a smile as he again started humming the tune, carving the wood.
  5. Tsubori

Kiki recoiled with an “Eep!” when Dargus sneezed at her. She had her mask on, so none really got on her, but still, it was the idea that counted. Kiki wiped her mask off with her sleeve, then turned towards the bar as Sharon brought her orange juice over. “Uhh… Miss! Can I have a straw? My mask has a hole in it just for that!”

Sharon seemed confused, but provided service with a smile, bringing over the straw. She placed it in the drink, which was quickly drank down to half by the thirsty Mogma. “So what’s with the mask?”

Kiki giggled, still drinking. “It was from my daddy. He’s pretty nice, and this mask caught my eye a while back… Plus I know my ears stick up, but it makes me feel more Hylian than Mogma, and I like that!”

Sharon nodded, warily looking at Dargus to see where he was with his drink. She then walked off to clean some of the other glasses. Kiki then merely turned back towards Dargus, poking him with her sleeve, not wanting to bring out her claws. “Heya! Did you hear my question?”
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Startled, Dargus jumped in his seat, dropping his wooden block and cutting his finger in the process. To his side was a strange looking creature, a sort of furry little thing that seemed female. Dargus sat there in awkward silence for a minute just staring at her when suddenly he became overcome with the overwhelming urge to sneeze. Doing his best, he was able to hold it back and speak to the creature, saying: "Well aren't you an odd one. What did you as.... ah... CHAUOO!"

Dargus sneezed all over the poor mogma, spraying whiskey tainted boogers and slime all over her front. Her mask and clothes were covered in disgusting sludge, and feeling bad, Dargus took his bloody hand and tried to wipe the snot off of the little mogma. "I'm... I am so sorry, little thing," Dargus said, wrinkling his face again. "I.. I... ah... aw...... CHAUOOOO!"

Once again he sneezed on the mogma, and once again tried to clean it up with his grimy, bloody coat sleeve. Everyone in the inn was looking at them, faces written with disgust. "I'm sorry, heh, really," Dargus sniffed. "Whats your name?.. and better yet, what are you?"
  7. Tsubori

Kiki started using her own arm to clean herself off as well, happy that very little of her was really visible. “Gyaa! Do you have a cold or something, mister? You’re sneezing a lot!” After a few seconds, Kiki had pretty much cleaned herself off, though she knew she’d have to clean her clothes more extensively later. People were all staring, but Kiki never noticed such things as social awkwardness.

She bowed her head a bit. “I’m kiki!” She looked around a bit, then leaned in to whisper. “As for what I am? I’m a special guard from Hyrule Castle Town. But shhhhh...”
  8. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Still perplexed, Dargus stared at the little creature before him. He had only gotten half of the information he had wanted out of her, which hadn't settled his curiosity at all. Sniffing, he began to speak again. "Alright Kiki.. I wont.. ah.. ah.. aaah. Tell anyone, but still," he said, obviously trying to supress another gigantic sneeze. "What.... ARE... yo...y... ah... YOU!!!" With that another spray of snot and some chewed food spewed over towards the little creature, covering it once again in the nastiest grime anyone outside of Death Mountain could imagine.

"I... I.. I think I'm.. I.. Allergic," said Dargus, realizing what was currently happening. Kiki's fur was bothering hi sinuses.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.