A new home

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Chad, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad

Chad New Member new

Harnella was a seventeen year old Rito, and a bit bored of Dragon Roost Island. Sure he liked it, and his family cared for him, but he wanted to get out and see the world. Southern Hyrule was a dangerous place, and though he wasn't afraid, his parents would worry if he started his journey there. So it was north he would go. He said his goodbyes, and took some supplies, and stood at the edge of his favorite cliff one last time before leaving. He thought about journeying to Hyrule castle, and on the way he would stop at Impa. Impa could be a half way point to make sure he had enough to make it to the castle. There he should find other races to meet and share stories with.

Out of Character: This is open to anyone. I'm hoping Double_r111, Rito character will be ready to RP soon, and we can start.
  2. Chad

Chad New Member new

Harnella set out, and not much happened on his way to Impa. Mostly just flying over the ocean, making some stops at whatever rocks were jutting out over the water. Eventually he arrived at Impa, and noticed it was still under some construction. There were also signs of recent battles, which wasn't too surprising with its proximity to Southern Hyrule.
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Walking through the new village Dustin Couldn't help but notice the amount of construction yet to be done. Dustin arrived at Impa a few days ago, and since he had become accustomed to the rude stares of the citizens of the village. after all it wasn't everyday a Rito took the long journey the journey to hyrule, and even less common that they stay amongst the people. The people of Hyrule had been kind to him, however all the attention got on his nerves. Then again, being famous on his own island of dragon roost, he had become accompanied to the attention fame brings. This wasn't much different.

Finally arriving at what appeared to be his destination, Dustin sat down, placing his paper on a large rock and he began painting the beautiful sunset on the beach tonight. How he loved the Sunset, Sunrise too. They were breathtaking and easy to paint, and the sunset is also beautiful underwater. Then again, most people other than Zoras probably had never experianced a sunrise under the sea.

Snapping back to reality Dustin saw a dot far out at sea, flying through the sky. It was far away but slowly getting bigger. Dustin pulled out his hawkeye to closer inspect it. It was another Rito. "My, He's huge!" Dustin noticed. Dustin had never seen such a tall Rito in his life. Looking again Dustin noticed another oddity. The tips of the Rito's wings were bright vivid hues of orange and yellows, rather than the normally dull brown or white. Then he took off the hawkeye to notice the Rito had advanced significantly and was now approaching the beach. This seemed it would turn out to be an interesting night...
  4. Chad

Chad New Member new

Harnella wandered the beach as the sun was setting, taking a walk before finding somewhere to sleep. He noticed another Rito painting, and came over, somewhat happy to still see something familiar. In fact, this guy looked quite familiar.

"Hey. I'm Harnella. Um, you're not dustin, are you? You look kind of like him."
  5. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Indeed, I am Dustin Bruht." Dustin responded to the young Rito. "Artist extraordinaire, and master swordsmen." Admittedly Dustin did feel intimidated by the Ritos large size, but he had been trained not to worry about this kind of stuff. Besides, Dustin was used to being confronted by strangers, some much more odd than this young man. "Why did you leave Dragon roost?" Dustin asked the Rito, curiously.
  6. Chad

Chad New Member new

"I wanted to get out and see the world. I might return to Dragon Roost some day, but I'd like to see more of Hyrule and its peoples. Hyrule Castle is a famous place, and I thought I'd see that. Though I wanted to stop here first since it was on the way." Harnella said. He didn't want to act like a squeeing fanboy in front of Dustin, but it was fortunate to meet the guy. He sat down to watch the sunset, and watch the master paint.
  7. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Well, looks like the sun has set..." Dustin observed. "Say, if your only just arriving, I would assume you have nowhere to stay." Dustin guessed. "If that is the case, you may stay with me." Dustin suggested. "However, I plan to travel this land, and if you are to stay with me you must keep up at the same pace." Dustin explained." "If you want to travel with me, we leave tomorrow. I plan to check out castle town next." Dustin explained to the young rito. "Once we arive at castle town, I might even be able to show you some combat techniques." Dustin told Harnella. "Then again, I suppose if Hyrule field is indeed as dangerous as they say, we may see some combat there." Dustin chuckled, then changing to a more serious tone, Dustin asked Harnella "So have you made a decision?"
  8. Chad

Chad New Member new

"It would be an honor to travel with you." Harnella said. "I'm not sure what your pace is, but I'll do my best to stick with it. Admittedly I don't really have any weapons, aside from my grappling hook. I know some Rito put theirs away once they get their wings, but I've grown sentimental for mine. Still if I find something else, I'd be happy to take some lessons."

"Thank you for the offer to let me stay with you. I'll try not to get in the way or anything." It was obvious Harnella was happy for such luck as traveling with a famous Rito, and his parents would likely rest easier knowing he wasn't traveling all by himself. Things were starting well.

"So, what can you tell me about Impa?"
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"That is fine, the grappling hook is as mighty a weapon as any other." Dustin responded. "The inn is that way, Dustin pointed in the opposite direction of the beach. As they walked, Dustin explained the town of Impa to his young companion. "You see, the town of Impa is still under construction." Dustin explained, making a wide sweeping motion with his hands to show all the construction, "This towns real claim to fame though is the boat construction area that is around here." Dustin explained pointing at the silhouette of a building.

"The inn we're staying in is over here." Dustin said as they walked towards the quaint building. "I wanted to go to Zoras domain first, but looks like fate had other ideas bringing you here." Dustin explained. "We can visit lon lon ranch, and then progress on to castle town or..." No forget I said anything the Rito said abruptly changing his mind. "It would be too dangerous. Forget I mentioned it." The Rito muttered quickly.
  10. Chad

Chad New Member new

"I am nothing if not brave, Dustin. Unless you think two Ritos can't handle it, I'll go wherever you want to go." Harnella said. He was interested in seeing Impa, but it seemed any sightseeing would have to wait until morning. Maybe he'd get to see something before they left if he woke up early enough. He started off towards the inn, looking around at whatever he could see in the dim moonlight.

"So they're building boats? Is this an attempt to travel to Southern Hyrule by sea? I heard that the Gorons lost their home to Ganon's forces, so traveling through Death Mountain can't be easy. Fortunately Dragon Roost isn't likely to fall due to its location, and our guardian Great Valoo. Of course the Zoras help keep the enemy from freely traveling the waters as well."
  11. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Well... My other idea was to travel along to the village of Ruto, recaptured by southern hylians, it would by no means be easy as we would indeed need to travel over the mountains, and they are teeming with monsters, however, once their, we should be safe, and we will be able to help with reconstruction efforts. Besides a master swordsman such as myself would be immensely useful in reconstruction efforts. Finally, I would love to paint the rugged landscape of the south, It is an area I have not been to before." Dustin explained to Harnella. "In all, the trip would take a few days if there aren't any interruptions or up to a week if we are slowed down by something. So what do you say? Want to go down south, or stick with the plan of Castle town. either way, we leave tomorrow." Dustin told Harnella. "Besides, either way the Rutonians are sure to have a lot of weapons down there, we might be able to get you something to try." Dustin added in. "No matter what we do, it has to wait until tomorrow morning."
  12. Chad

Chad New Member new

"Oh...down south?" Harnella said. The idea of going through the heart of enemy territory worried him a bit. While there were dangers up north, it was at least mostly safe. Ganon's strongest forces weren't likely to be encountered much up north to his knowledge. Southern Hyrule was a different story, though. "To be honest, I don't know if I'm quite ready for that yet. I did say I was brave, and I am, but I'm also smart enough to know my limitations. I would rather gain a few experiences before trying to liberate parts of Southern Hyrule."

He was feeling a little guilty trying to backstep from what he said earlier. He just didn't expect Dustin to suggest Southern Hyrule.
  13. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"It's fine, I understand completely." Dustin explained to Harnella. "There was a reason I changed my mind, I began to regret bringing it up as soon as I mentioned it. Then what we can do instead is travel to castle town." Dustin explained. "It will take a two days, three if we stop at lon lon ranch, something that I don't plan to do." Dustin explained. Then looking through the window of the inn showing the outside, and said "Well, it looks like it's getting late, we need our strength if we want to have a good journey. Good night Harnella." Dustin said. Then Dustin waved his wing creating a small gust of wind which blew the candle out.

It was about 1:00 A.M. Dustin guessed walking out of the inn. He knew he probably shouldn't, but he wanted to feel the water one final time. After all, he probably wouldn't see water again for a long time. slipping on his mermaid suit, Dustin dove underwater. Dustin looked around under the water. While perhaps not as magnificent as the Zoras Domain, and lake Hylia, something about it made him enjoy it. He stayed, painting the area, to remember it, in case he never returned.

At 3:00 2 hours later, the painting was done. Dustin took a moment to inspect. Because of the dark, It wasn't quite as perfect as most of his work, but it was still far more than the average artist could hope to achieve, capturing the image beautifully. Then dragging himself above water, Dustin removed the suit. After a few minutes of walking, Dustin arrived at the inn. Harnella didn't appear to have moved, leading Dustin to believe he had slept the whole time, he had no way to be sure though. He placed the painting on the table next to the bed and went back to sleep for the night.
  14. Chad

Chad New Member new

The night at the inn was the first night he had slept really comfortably since he set out, so he slept until the morning sun woke him up. He sat up and remained still for a minute or two, trying to remember where he was. He wasn't quite used to not waking up in his room at Dragon Roost yet, so it took him a few moments to get his bearings.

He remembered. He was at an inn, sleeping with the famous Dustin. They would be heading to Castle Town some time in the morning. He wrote a note saying he was going out to stretch his wings before leaving through the window. He didn't know how early Dustin would want to leave, but hopefully there was time for a quick look around.

Dustin had been right about the unfinished construction projects. Harnella headed for the docks, and watched everything from on top of a roof. Some Hylians noticed him, and looked like they were unused to seeing Ritos. To be honest, Harnella probably stared at them the same way they stared at him. The sights and smells of the ocean reminded him of his home, but he knew that soon he'd be leaving that which was familar for new lands. Flying over an expanse of grass and trees would certainly be different from waves and rocks.
  15. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Dustin woke up as the sun rose through the sky, looking at the clock he noticed it was about 8:00. but something was wrong. Inspecting the room, something felt... off. Then it hit him. Harnella was missing! About to leave and look for him, when he noticed the note on the table. Gone out to stretch my wings and see Impa a little first. Shouldn't be long. On the rooftops if you need me. Dustin couldn't help but laugh a little at this, he had done almost the same exact thing that night after all.

Dustin gathered his things and left, Flying through the city to look for Harnella, The Rito found him rather quickly, sitting on a building at the docks. "Come on Harnella, we must leave early if we are to arrive on time. anyways, I see why you wanted to come here, the area is very relaxing." Dustin reflected, then remembering his original purpose for coming he said suddenly "I had to let you know, we probably won't fly longer than an hour at a time. It's to concerve energy and self defense, if we are attaced in the air, we can't fight up there." Dustin explained to Harnella.
  16. Chad

Chad New Member new

"Because we can't use our hands. Yes. I'll grab my things and be with you." He flew to the inn to grab his bag, taking a bite of his food since they didn't seem to be staying long enough to have breakfast. after that he flew into the air and circled until Dustin joined him, ready to head north west to Castle Town.
  17. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Flying after Harnella, Dustin took off into the sky. The two flew for about an hour as they agreed before landing in Hyrule field. Some red Chu Jelly had been near where they landed. "Okay." Dustin said. "It's time for your first lesson in Dustin unsheathed his sword and cut it in half instantly killing it. "Well that was disappointingly easy." Dustin said, then suddenly the Rito turned his head, he was eyeing some nearby woods. "Well look at that, a small forest. Well how convenient, there's sure to be a wolfos in there, you can learn better watching me fight one. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing, I've fought some of the best swordsman on the island of dragon roost, I think I'll be fine with this. and we've got wings, we can fly out of the forest if we are at a disadvantage, and besides, you could use a chance to learn something from this." Dustin added in thoughtfully. "So what do you say, you in. I promise it won't be too dangerous."
  18. Chad

Chad New Member new

"Yeah, let's go fight some wolfos." Harnella said, though he didn't actually know what wolfos were. He had seen chu chus before, but he walked into the woods expecting just about anything.

He started smelling something sweet soon after entering the trees. He found it was coming from something attached to the side of a tree, and used his grappling hook to bring it down. It was a bee hive, and the bees started coming out to protect it.

"Um, wolfos?" Harnella said, though before Dustin could answer, the bees attacked and he thrashed about trying to keep them from stinging him. "The wolfos! They're all over me!" After a minute, he managed to get rid of them with minimal stinging. "Ah ha. The sweet treasure is mine."

After he opened the hive and started tasting the honey, two actual wolfos came into view. they had been attracted to the noise, and they looked hungry too.
  19. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Dustin despite being worried by his companion, couldn't help but laugh a bit at the spectacle Harnella had made. Seeing Harnella bend down and try some of the honey, Dustin let out a breath of relief he had been fine. "Those weren't wolfos Harnella, those were bees." admittedly, Dustin did feel a little guilty dragging Harnella into this having no idea what a wolfos was, but in his defense he had no way of knowing of his companions lack of knowledge about the land of Hyrlue. Dustin opened his mouth to explain what a wolfos was when he heard a vicious snarling.

"Well this may be tougher than I imagined." Dustin mumbled eyeing the two large wolflike creatures walking toards them. "Harnella, get back! They'll be attracted to the smell of the honey!" Dustin exlaimed, then unsheathing his Rapier, Dustin slashed at a nearby Wolfos. The beasts had rough arms, evolved to become a shield of sorts. Even a sword would do little to one. Grazia harmlessly reflected off the wolfos arms. The wolfos began circling him, waiting for him to let his gaurd down, an event that would, unfortunately for the wolfos not happen eventually drawing closer Dustin took the moment to strike at the beast with Grazia, he got it direcly in the foot.

The wolfos, red liquid emerging from the cut in it's foot howled in pain and rage, before circling him again. As all this happened Dustin noticed the other of the wolfos approaching the spot Harnella had retreat to. "Harnella! It's coming for you!" Dustin shouted. Unfortunately, in his moment of unawareness the Wolfos bat him with a heavy paw. Although miraculousley the claws missed entirely, his chest would end up bruised, nothing to serious though, Striking directly at the wolfos face, Dustin had finally killed it. Alone it was a fair fight but there were two of them, and Harnella wasn't sure what a wolfos even was. He ran at the second Wolfos putting his heroes charm on as it became obvious that it would reach the second Rito before he got to it. Looked like until he arrived Harnella would have to either fly above it's reach or fight it.
  20. Chad

Chad New Member new

Harnella abandoned his honey to defend himself and Dustin, wielding his grappling hook against the one that came for him. It batted his hook away when Harnella tried attacking, and came at him fast. He put up a wind aura barrier to stop the wolfos, but it wouldn't last very long. He leaped into the air, raking the beast's backside with the grappling hook while above him, and landing next to Dustin. Seeing his comrade dead, he decided to cut his losses and flee. Not before snatching the honey, though. "Well, that was exciting. Those creatures seem smart to be able to defend themselves like that. You ok, Dustin?"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.