A music-related favour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blonde Panther, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay lads (and lasses), I have a favour to ask of you. As most of you know, I'm in college majoring in English Language and Culture. Before the end of this calendar year, I'm scheduled to hold a presentation about a song of my preference for Oral Communication Skills. (My teacher came up with this, not me.)

I have selected my song, and considering it's a song I can ramble on about forever, I know how to fill the presentation as well. The lyrics to this particular song are very powerful and thematic and I want to dissect them. HOWEVER, I am only one person, and I can give only one interpretation of them; not to mention that I know what the band intended to get across with this song, so my opinion is biased at that.

This is where anyone who wants to help me comes in. I would like to ask you to please take a gander at the lyrics to Dragonforce's Give me the Night (Link) and let me know what you think the song is about. For the sake of everyone's interpretations not influencing those of the next person though, I would ask you to PM your interpretations to me.

I would really like to be able to present the class with multiple interpretations of the same lyrics, so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. If for any reason you want to listen to the song itself (because you think it could add something to interpret), be warned that Dragonforce is a metalband.
  2. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

I apparently like metal now.
    Why didn't anyone tell me that metal could be this "soft"? :XD:
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ha. I'm normally not a big listener of the genre either, but I make a gigantic exception for Dragonforce. It says a lot that I actually own a physical copy of the album this song was on. I NEVER buy physical albums.