A lost woods/Kokiri Forest counterpart in Termina

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Double_r111, May 11, 2013.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Okay, first just to let everyone know, this is kind of weak, but it was from years ago so I wasn't exactly the same person I am now. Still, I thought it made some sense so I decided to post it.

Tingle calls the fairies in MM forest fairies. The problem with that is there is no counterpart to Lost Woods/Kokiri Forest in Termina. My theory is that there is a counterpart in the game and you just don't hear of it. Admittedly, this doesn't exactly prove a counterpart, but it certainly does prove that there is a forest in Termina containing many fairies that we don't actually see.

Alternatively we could say from this that Tingle has been to Hyrule, or is even from Hyrule. While it's an interesting theory, and I'd love it if someone tried to back it up here, this is what I came up with.
  2. tlozbj

tlozbj New Member new

The forest surely is located in a unseen part of Termina, and we don't hear about it like you say. Since if we compare the maps of SS Hyrule and Termina, while keeping in mind that Termina and Hyrule are parallels, we can noticed that the part of Hyrule that Termina, parallels is SS Hyrule. SS Hyrule have Lanayru Desert in the west, Termina has Great Bay, SS Hyrule have Eldin Volcano in the North, Termina has Snowpeak, while in the east and south, SS Hyrule have Faron Woods, and Lake Floria, while Termina has Woodfall and Ikana. Each thing in SS Hyrule have a parallel in the known area of Termina, the maps are also of a similar form. With this we know that Termina and SS Hyrule would be in the same place in the map of the Land of Hyrule. If the fairies are in the in the same place in OoT, then they would farther to the south than the known area of Termina, since Hyrule Historia, mentions that the Master Sword have stayed in the same pedestal since the times of SS.

Termina:

[​IMG]

SS Hyrule

[​IMG]
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hmmm, that's interesting, I'd never seen the MM and SS maps shown side by side like that.