A discussion on Advertising

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SenpaiPancake, Oct 13, 2013.

1. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

So, this is an idea that I’ve thought about every now and again, and shared with a few people, so here’s the jist of it:

I think that a dedicated Advertising Team would be for HC’s benefit.

Guy is going to be busy for a while with restructuring and adding to HC, and I know that outside of HC Willow has a busy life (the only current staff I can’t speak for is Fcgfyv) so I feel that having a small group of people whose sole goal is to promote and advertise our site would be a boon and a relief to the current administration.

Other than that, I feel like having an advertising who can correspond with the administration will be able to get out a more accurate depiction of the site, possibly being able to promote/hint at future plans and events that normal members advertising would know too little about to successfully picket, as well as a team that can be regulated by the administration, hopefully keeping unwanted spam advertising from happening, something I feel hinders recruitment more than helping. And let’s face it, while most members here would love to advertise and promote the site, I don’t feel that there are many who would want to take the initiative to work tirelessly on building a reputation for the site, or have the time to do so if they did have the drive.

In the end, I think a small group of individuals, whether they are named or not, whether they are just normal members with coordination and inside ear with the staff or proudly displayed members of an official Advertising Team, would do wonders for HC and its future.

So, what are your thoughts?

---------

With that said, I’ve talked to Guy about advertising for HC, and am going to be doing a few unaffiliated advertising projects for the site. Currently I’m planning on creating a sort of template of information and short descriptions of the site and its systems, and joining some Zelda/RP/Fantasy boards and directories to get our name and link out there, as well as hopefully taking out some Google ad space (I’ll have to do some cost research first). So, if anyone is interested in helping or getting involved, feel free to shoot me a PM, Skype message, or message on Gmail.

That’s all folks!
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Just so everyone's aware, I do condone this if we can do it properly, and thank Jarin Pancake for any of the work he's doing. Admittedly, advertising has never been a strong point of mine when it comes to running sites, so I'd be more than willing to entrust others to help with that. With HC's target audience being an extremely narrow niche, I feel like little advertisements in the right spot would be invaluable in getting some new faces in Hyrule.

All I ask is that if anyone does post a major advertisement, let all of HC (or just a staff member, if you prefer) know about it.
  3. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

I'm up for being a member of a marketing team, if you'll accept it.
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm with Guy. HC as a whole, and both (all three?) of its RPs can benefit greatly from some advertising, but I'm not cut out to do it, myself. If I can help out with anything information-wise (not public-relations-wise), let me know and I'll see what I can do.