502 Bad Gateway?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Quill, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Every once in a while, this site '502's on me. I can't get anywhere here without the window going blank and saying "502 Bad Gateway." Right now, it doesn't seem very pressing, but when it does happen (usually when I'm uploading something) it lasts for the better part of an hour. An hour where I can't go anywhere on the site. I was just wondering whether this happened to anyone else, and if not, what I can do to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks! ^_^

~Quill
  2. Quill

Guess what happened after I uploaded this thread? -_-

Guess what I'm expecting to have happen the moment I submit this post? -_-
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

That's pretty bizarre. I've never heard reports of this happening before, and it has never happened to me even once on HC. I'll look into it, but I do believe it may have to do with your ISP. Considering that, what is your ISP?
  4. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

I think I saw this happen to me once... I'll look into it, but it should be a problem with the server... Great. Definitely post if it happens again.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

It just happened to me.
  6. Coin

Coin New Member new

It's happened to me a couple of times, very randomly.
  7. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Well after looking into it more apparently it's a problem between two servers talking to each other... What servers HC is trying to connect to I have no clue. I'll mess with some stuff but anyone else who has this problem or has had it frequently in the past post here so I know how much of an issue it is.
  8. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    It happened about a minute ago for me.
  9. samusbot

samusbot Member new

This has happened to me about five times, all for around a day... This was around spring 2011.
  10. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

It happens infrequently, but it does happen.
  11. Quill

Uhhh... the C-box shouldn't be 502'ing, should it? It happened at approximately 6:27 Eastern Time (Daylight Savings in effect).

12. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Ahahahahaha! The cbox really did that? That's pretty funny :P I'm working on switching to a more reliable host that DOESN'T give us random downtime for no particular reason, but I'm short on funds right now. I haven't gotten any in a while as well, but let me know if anyone's getting a crazy amount of 502 errors or are otherwise unable to connect. :)
  13. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

I've been having pretty bad problems with 502's here of late (that's why I haven't been around much). Maybe it's over though now, it's letting me back on.
  14. Quill

Alright, so I tried to post something, and this appeared.

-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forums.hyrulecastle.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-

After that, I tried to just re-type in the HC URL, but I kept getting 502's for a few minutes :/

I managed to get back on, though, so you can stop partying crying now :P
  15. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Did you try to use a strange character (letter or something) when posting? That will cause problems sometimes.
  16. Quill

Not that I'm aware of. It was a normal post; I wasn't C&P'ing anything weird into it.

I'm pretty sure that this this was all there was. CF: ran off
  17. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

This happened to me before, as in about a week or two ago and I couldn't use any page or post. Now it's happening again but the page will load after several refreshs. Any idea as to the cause or why it only happens sometimes?
  18. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I've had this happen to me just now when trying to post in my Dragon Roost Cavern run with Tsu. My post apparently went through, so I suppose it's not really harmful, but it's a hindrance.
  19. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Wait the webmaster is set to webmaster@forums.hyrulecastle.org? That's not right at all, it should go to either adad64@gmail.com or adam.wilson@asdfdesign.com. Anyway I realize that this happens sometimes. It's due to our host which has been increasingly unhelpful and unreliable. It was really good a few years ago when I started hosting with them :/ I'll switch once I have a bit more cash to spare.
  20. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Arg! I got hit by one five minutes ago while editing a post. It didn't go through.