Cold Cocked by the Cheating Enchanter [Genzo]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Nameless, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Snowhead Temple - Majora's Mask

It was silent. Snow was falling lightly from the sky, having covered the surroundings in a thin layer of snow. It had been building little by little, and by now, there was no ground that managed to peek through the snowy blanket. The sky was equally as white, with clouds having covered the entire sky. The sun was behind there somewhere, a brighter circle that still managed to keep things bright – perhaps thanks to how white everything was. There was no breeze, no sounds. No people on the road – well, aside from a single wagon that had been stopped by the crossroads on the way to Snowhead. The snowfall made everything in the distance a hazy shape, but the mountain could be seen… If one was looking for it.

Ruairi had bundled up, wrapped in a nice, warm blanket as he sipped a cup of warm tea on the driver's bench. The lip of the roof protected him from most of the snow, but Daffodil wasn't as lucky. The brown ox has been steadily changing the color of his fur as the snow stuck to it, and not once had he bothered to give himself a good shake to get rid of it. Honestly, he didn't even seem like he minded, his thick fur keeping his warm. The only movement seen from them ox was the occasional scrape of the road as he tried to find something to munch on, to no avail.

The pair had been waiting there for a while. That Kokiri brat had told Ruairi to meet her here, three days after that shopping incident, and here he was. Maybe he could have just not come – maybe even Eve had forgotten about this whole thing and he was waiting for no reason. Or maybe she was lost. Or couldn't find him. His wagon certainly was being buried bit by bit, and would get lost in the surroundings eventually. But there was something about ice and wizards and… Well, the Rito didn't really care, but he had been promised all the treasure they'd find on this quest…
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Not unfamiliar with great injury, Eve had indeed sought medical help in the days prior. But now she had entered a horrible pact, almost written entirely by her own hand, to venture out into the freezing cold.

In the day preceding this one, she had secured a method of travel. In her previously introduced winter coat, Eve rode atop a small horse. Besides her hood and scarf barely blocking her face from the dust of ice flying in her face, she also had a delicate parasol partially blocking the wind. Her obsession with fashion had somehow made all of this worse, and made her look kind of ridiculous in the current weather.

All the while she had also stopped plenty of times to make the annoying trip up and down the horse to feed it. She would never admit it, but Eve was kind of a horse girl at heart. She just, depended heavily on others to know how to care for one. She had washed and cared for horses before, usually ones not her own. These particular adventures usually involved very tall step stools.

Having a journey into the mind about how she liked horses, she made decent time up to the crossing. One thing was for certain. There would be a temple of some sort and some decent loot. Then, depending on their success, she hoped to weasel more payment out of that manager guy. Their shared hatred of each other made the girl all the more interested in guilting money out of him? She wouldn't call it guilting even, it seemed the manager being pissed about them breaking the store's floor meant he would want the money to flow in the other direction. Remembering their mission more clearly, she recalled wanting to give him the ice as a sort of apology? She could have paid for the broken floor even. But the serpentine mind of the Kokiri couldn't arrive at the conclusion that falling through that floor was their fault.

Failing at understanding her mission even slightly, she took solace in the fact that she could gather treasure for her new friend. Evelyn kept a smile off her face, in respect to the horrid weather blasting her every surface. But she smiled internally over the idea of dressing Ruairi up like a king in full regalia. Her new obsession with helping him was no longer about apologizing. Although she owed an entire town an apology at this point, her mind drifted ever closer to the image of a pimped out wagon covered in velvets and gold. Daffodil completely decked out with treasures and cool diamond armor that cost an arm and a leg.

"What on earth is wrong with me." Eve blurted out through her scarf as the colorful images blurred out the wagon she was quickly approaching.

The insane woman prepared herself for a casual conversation or perhaps confrontation with the very cool Rito.
  3. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

With no one else around and all the snow around dampening the sounds of the world, it was very easy to hear when someone broke that silence. Someone was approaching, the rhythmic beat of hooves crunching the snow on the road. Ruairi was waiting for someone… But somehow he couldn't even imagine the Kokiri ride a horse. That just would have looked silly – and that didn't sound like a pony. He sipped the last of his tea and placed the cup next to him, already preparing mentally and physically for an encounter with a strange. It could be nothing, they could just ride past him to wherever they were going. Or perhaps they would stop for a chat, as anyone would be curious about someone just camping out on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. Or perhaps they needed supplies. Or perhaps they weren't so friendly after all…

The Rito had already taken the reins on his hand in case he needed to start moving. Not that Daffodil could outrun a horse, but still. Though he had many potential scenarios in his head as he poked his head over the corner, it was a scene he had not been able to imagine. A horse, coming closer, with what looked like a child on its back… No, it was Eve. Eve was actually riding the horse, and that idea sounded and looked just as silly as when he had first thought about it and pushed it aside due to how ridiculous it was. How did she even get on top of a horse?!

"Oh. Hey. I wasn't expecting… I didn't know you had a horse– wait you gotta slow down," Ruairi started speaking, still mostly wrapped up in his blanket.
  4. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Oh, my apologies Mr. Rito." Eve conceded. "My little horse here was the only way to get out here in time."

She thought briefly about the process of renting a horse. It was kind of a miracle she got around everywhere without one most of the time.

Seeing Ruairi in his blanket and hot beverage made her a little jealous. Her dimb parasol wasn't doing much to shelter her from the weather. The guy seemed right and ready to head up the mountain at this point. They made it side-by-side for a moment before the mad Kokiri spoke up again.

"We'll have to go up that mountain, mounts or not. Though I must admit I'm really so glad you made it out here to join me. I really can be a pain sometimes but I'm working on being better at it." the girl admitted, getting ready to make the trip. "Gya-hahaha!" she laughed at the end, unintentionally making it awkward.
  5. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi's gaze turned towards the mountain once Eve brought it up – after she had managed to slow down and stop beside him. That was where they had to go, yes… But how difficult the climb was wouldn't be apparent until they actually got closer to see what they had to deal with. He had a wagon, which had its perks and downsides, especially on narrow, snowy mountain paths. Daffodil was strong and steady – a horse might not be able to handle the same kind of terrain he could. But it was possible neither of their animals could make it after a certain point…

"Well, I do have my wagon. On one hand… It's not the most maneuverable thing in the world, especially once we start dealing with a lot of ice and snow. I'd think the paths need to be wide enough if this is some kind of ice gathering spot, as you obviously have to be able to bring it down, too," the Rito started after a moment of silence where he seemed to be deep in his thoughts, working with the facts he had gotten. Others would have had to use wagons as well, to get up and down for the ice deliveries! Surely that meant the roads couldn't be too narrow.
    "But the weather and the season… I can't say if the paths will be favorable to us. Never been there, after all."

That could still stop them. Maybe there was too much snow for the wagon to get through. Maybe it was impossible even on foot. But that was for their future selves to worry about. Ruairi adjusted his position, flicking the reins to get Daffodil moving.
    "Let's go."
  6. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Although, I haven't been all the way to the mountain before. . ." Eve began, trying to keep her mount in pace with him.

They already seemed to be much closer to the base of the mountain, the current path being very stable and flat. The wind died down for several seconds at a time, usually to get somewhat worse for minutes at a time. There was a certain hesitation in the girl's speech as well to accommodate the chaotic winds.

"I know about half way up the trail is a famous smith's shop the Captain showed me several times. Not that I didn't need it for my weapons all those times. There's a place right in that clearing we can store our mounts and your wagon. Though there will probably be a few rupees involved if we want them to hold the wagon." Eve continued to explain. Her tone of voice was a lot more put together today.

The two, and the wagon of course, gradually approached a mountainous path. There was, as Ruairi guessed, a major path cleared for mounted travel. They weren't quite at that point yet, but Eve expected danger. But, more importantly, Eve expected the wind to be seriously less of a problem when they reached the rocky area. Her face was thankfully still covered by the parasol and her scarf but it was only doing so much of the work.
  7. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi hung his empty cup on a small hook by the driver's bench – clearly there just for these exact moments where a cup of something had been enjoyed outdoors and he was too lazy to hop down to bring it back inside. The enameled cup made gentle thuds against the wooden frame of the wagon as Daffodil started to pull, slow to start. The snow crunched underneath the wheels and the wagon creaked and swayed as it made its way over the small bumps on the road. The wind was starting to pick up… So the Rito just wrapped his blanket around him tighter.
    "Hmm… Well, if there's a clearing, then that sounds like a good place to leave my wagon," he pondered. The rest of the details could wait until they knew what they were dealing with – and he was sure he could make sure he didn't have to spare a rupee. What were they trying to pull, saying they owned the ground he parked on, or what?!

The mountain was coming closer, and the winds felt even stronger and icier now. Hopefully it wasn't coming down from the mountain, so the walls around them would protect them from the elements. It was rather difficult to see too far ahead, with the snow, but it was looking like they would be able to keep going up for some time like this, at least.
    "But, I have been meaning to ask… What is with this whole ice thing? Why is it even important?" Ruairi asked, giving Eve a quick glance.
  8. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "You know. . ." Eve started, meeting Ruairi's glance with one of her eyes. "Maybe you're right, we can just park the wagon elsewhere."

She had somehow avoided his last question. Not on purpose, but out of overthinking their situation. She remained silent for a moment longer, dwelling on what she had done for a bit. Her face was peaceful however. Like an embalmed corpse, sort of. The tiny curve in her mouth made her look especially not-angry in this moment. With her scarf pulled down all the way, an expected burst of powder breezed by and clocked the smile off her face.

"Ow! Anyway. . ." she started, swirling her parasol about. "It seemed a good idea at the time. It's not every day I get a hook for a good adventure, especially when I'm doing something BORING like being at the store. And imagine the look on his face when he really gets the ice. From the real temple. Gyahahahaha!"

Stopping her face from freezing she quickly lifted the scarf back up. She also was getting kind of concerned about her own laughing fits, as if it was a nervous response of some sort?

"Never mind that I made such a mistake, I guess? You certainly seem interested in collecting the treasure we find. It was awkward beyond my own ability the way that I had set this up, but we're already here. It would be a waste even for me to turn back now." she added, palming her face out of embarrassment for herself.

I'm never going to live this down. Me or that dumb illusion version of me. Centuries will pass and Ruairi's great grandchildren will be making fun of me for the ice cubes adventure. Eve lamented to herself. At least something entertaining was happening at her expense, although that was just par for the course at this point. But luckily for her, there might have been some serious incidents going on up this mountain. Things that would make walking into a summit temple for some ice cubes seem like not such a bad idea. While she thought of such possibilities, there seemed to be something dangerous leaping about the roadway in the rocky path coming up. It looked pretty clearly like a White Wolfos. But Eve wasn't yet going to put her rupees on that being the case.
  9. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi ended up turning his attention towards Eve properly now that she had gone quiet. She had heard him, right? It wasn't like the wind was so loud she wouldn't be able to hear – she had heard him just fine before! Why the silence, then? Was she pretending she hadn't heard? …Had her face frozen? With how much makeup caked her face, it was hard to say if it was even moving. It wasn't that cold, right…? The Rito frowned as he kept staring, but after a particularly strong gust slapped her in the face, she sprung back to action.

Ruairi listened, the frown still on his face. It was similar to what he had heard before, and he still didn't really get it – but Daffodil also was acting a little weird. More reluctant than normal, but luckily the ox wasn't so stubborn that he wouldn't move when he decided he didn't want to move. Ruairi was able to keep coaxing him to keep going, and turn those lagging steps into proper ones once more. The snow wasn't impossible for Daffodil, so why…

"…Well, when I asked, I meant more like… Why do they want the ice? Whatever you decide to do is on you, but you got the idea from somewhere and the store accepted it. That I don't get," Ruairi ended up clarifying his initial question. This was something he hadn't gotten an answer for, and he hadn't been able to figure it out himself. What was the point of this ice?
  10. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Well that's an interesting question." Eve began, twisting her focus off the Wolfos. "I had presumed it was for their teas and lemonades. Which, I mean, good of them to want that in the midst of winter. But that's on them. I also wanted to bring some back for my juices. Have you ever heard of passionfruit before? It's to die for. Oh-ho-ho-ho!"

At this point, they had spent so much time looking at each other and charging forward, that the initial Wolfos dove to the side to get out of the way. The creature stumbled away and puts its head in its paws, contemplating its own mortality. That was a close one! The two travelers and their mounts continued to pass big snow banks as they reached an incline going up the rough terrain. What was all that about juice, anyway? How could anything the girl had said have made it worth it to confront the manager and go all this way up a mountain for?

The scenery started to get same-y with all the snow banks and identical snow-covered trees starting to blend together. While the girl was right in a way about them having come very far that it wasn't really worth it to stop. Her logic for having gotten all this way had already fallen apart so many times. But maybe there was something to it? Perhaps the full blocks of ice up this mountain were bigger or better than others in some way? On that note, it seemed a lot better than trying to get said ice from a pond or the ocean or something. There was all of that, or this annoying kid was really up to something after all.
  11. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi glanced at Eve as she mentioned… Teas and lemonades? With ice? In the middle of winter? He frowned slightly as his gaze returned to facing the road, and he thought about it.
    "You mean… They need cold drinks?" He asked, sounding like he was serious about his questioning rather than sarcastic, as one easily could have been. He had never worked in retail, not even for a day. The inner working of a store – especially one that massive – were a mystery to him. But he had seen the state of those workers in the backroom, the ones that looked like they were dry like corpses! They looked very unhealthy!
    "…Well, why didn't you say so! That changes everything! I didn't know this was so important!"

If missing ice was the reason those workers looked more dead than alive, then of course it was necessary! And they were working towards and extremely important clause, here. Of course the Rito still wanted his treasure, but he'd make sure this ice situation was under control. Daffodil suddenly ended up bucking while Ruairi was still pondering about everything, causing him to stumble and be forced to hold on, so he wouldn't fall off. Something had been hiding nearby, and it jumped from behind the piles of snow, rushing off who knew where. Ruairi hadn't even been able to see what it was, too preoccupied with Daffodil's sudden movements and keeping his hat off his eyes. By the time he could get a good look, it was gone.

At least they had finally entered the mountain road proper. The road started its ascend, but luckily the incline wasn't too steep. The ox seemed to be more cooperative now that the strange animal lurking nearby was gone, his pace once again steady even if his breathing was now quicker, judging by the visible bursts of condensed air coming out of his nostrils. This road did feel a bit more uneven, though, most likely getting way less traffic than the one the Rito had taken to get here in the first place. The snow continued to fall, with only the sounds of the pair making it up the mountain to accompany them in this still world.
  12. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "I've been trying to say that! Those workers were sweating their very essence out. They need all of their drinks to be cold or we may not even find them when we go back there! It's that damned miniblin I know he's behind this somehow." Eve blathered, and with her last statement pulled out a wide piece of parchment.

There was a map-like unfolded parchment in her hand. It was undeniably covered in abject madness. There was a bunch of red lines connecting various statements and clippings, all the lines converging on a circled snippet of the face of a kind of pinkish Miniblin. That must have been "Pooky." Something was immediately certain in all of this. There was absolutely no way that creature was the mastermind behind everything. It was, at most, a very elaborate plot of the blin creature to put his own markings and involvement into as many things as he monstrously possibly could. Even that chest they had found in the basement was probably planted there as "evidence."

Eve puzzled for a bit, piecing apart the dichotomy of the "pet" Pooky she had met, and this fictional "mastermind" Pooky she had developed with this elaborate diagram. Was the problem that the creature was too dumb to be this smart or the other way around? The animals continued to clop up the path. There was surprisingly smooth paths, possibly due to the snow being blocked by the higher rock walls out here. There was more monster activity, as well. Several White Boes teased around the area. In addition some more White Wolfos seemed to be about, the majority of them sleeping. Maybe it was better not to aggravate them? They seemed somewhat harmless when a group was travelling through.

"O-oh! Never mind. Guess we can just move along through." Eve mentioned, having already put her weird papers away.
  13. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

"The what now?" Ruairi glanced at Eve with a questioning eyebrow when she mentioned something about a… Miniblin…?
    "…Never mind that. But nuhhuh. You most certainly weren't trying to say it. If you had, we wouldn't be having this conversation, you know! You have just been talking about adventure this, adventure that," he continued giving a nonchalant wave of his hand as he spoke. Clearly the Rito did not care for the idea of adventure or whatever one bit – and that was why he wanted to be properly compensated for coming along! Mere store coupons weren't going to fly. Now an important clause… That might have been enough on its own. But he wasn't going to let got of the promised treasure now that he was looking forward to it.

Ruairi did have to pay some attention to their surroundings now. Though Daffodil was doing a good job at following the road, and he didn't worry about slipping off it anytime soon, the rocky walls around them did pose some potential danger. It was easy for something to fall on them from above, be it rocks or snow, or even an animal or a monster… After all, they clearly weren't alone. Even what he thought were snowball actually had small glowing eyes, once they turned to look at him…
  14. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Adventure this, adventure that." Eve quietly joked to herself.

The two were making good progress, and their presence on the mountain path was decent at dissuading the local Wolfos. No doubt in great credit to Daffodil, as none of the land's creatures should dare challenge an ox no matter how peaceful. Though one Wolfos jumped out from behind a bush, taking a stance of intimidation. Eve turned her head and unleashed her Gilt Glower at the creature. Its courage and intentions kept it mildly immune to her attack although it became dizzy and backed off from the otherworldly glare of light. Within seconds the strange light subsided, Eve wincing her weird eyes and succeeding in making them look dull and stupid again.

Eve steered down the next turn, revealing the clearing she had spoken about. There was a building in the distance spewing smoke, incidentally the popular smith's workshop it seemed. There was ample room in the area, a flowing stream in the distance. It was white as far as the eye could see. There was as Ruairi had suggested, space to simply stake up their mounts and continue on foot. They would manage upon a local, who was making quite a lot of noise.

"Oh brudda there's nothin' up here!" yelled a voice in the distance or perhaps close by, it was hard to tell.

Eve cocked her head and found herself looking up a snowy cliff at a shaking Goron. She held her breath, afraid of berating the aloft creature entirely too soon for her own good. The Goron looked down, waving. On his head was an adorable animal themed hood. From his cadence of voice to his bodily movements it was almost entirely certain and completely too true that the bozo was stuck up there and unable to get down.

"Ugh. What do you want?! Can't you see we're busy?" Eve barked up the stony wall.

"Well some food would be nice there's nothin' close to an edible rock up here." the Goron calmly replied down to the safe ground below.

"I think my Rito friend collects those!" Eve whispered, almost yelling it up the cliff. Also mistaking Ruairi for some sort of rock collector?

"Bubby do you have eat-able rocks?" she turned and asked to her companion.
  15. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

The white Wolfos definitely were well hidden in the snow thanks to the coloration of their fur that blended them with their surroundings. For the most part, Ruairi was oblivious to all the monsters and dangers around them, but Daffodil clearly was on edge as he walked along the path, his ears swiveling as they listened and his nostrils took in the scents. Perhaps it was a good thing the ox was so vigilant, so the predators didn't see him as easy prey. The Rito on the other hand… Well, at least he was keeping an eye on the road. If the snow kept falling like this when they were dealing with the ice problem, he wondered if they could even make it back down without his wheels getting stuck. Hopefully not.

As they kept going, it was proven that there indeed was a clearing up ahead, with a small stream that had yet to be frozen over. Aside from that, everything was so white and untouched, like there hadn't been anyone walking on the fresh snow recently. There also was a snow-covered cabin, like Eve had mentioned. It was hard to imagine anyone living in such a difficult place to access during winter, but here they were. It didn't seem like the path was going to go much further – at least not wide and well-trodden enough for the wagon to make it. Ruairi let out a sigh.
    "Looks like we have to go by foot from now on," he sounded awfully dramatic as he lamented their fate. At least there was plenty of room for the wagon and the ox, and Daffodil didn't mind the cold with his thick fur. He already was looking more white than brown with all the snow clinging to him.

The Rito had already hopped off the wagon's seat to start releasing Daffodil once he had found a nice spot to park, but a voice called out to them. He craned his neck to look at the Goron above them, but didn't pay him much attention. He continued with his task of preparing the wagon and Daffodil despite the seeming warning, letting Eve handle this stranger. The discussion he was listening to absentmindedly did seem to go off-topic immediately, turning to food and rocks.
    "Huh? No way! Not my rocks!" Ruairi immediately snapped back his protests when the Kokiri asked him for something the Goron could eat! His rock collection was that of jewels, expensive and precious! Those couldn't be eaten!
    "…Not that I even know the difference between edible and non-edible rocks. They look the same to me," he continued, less worried now that he had already declined.
  16. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Like not that I've seen your rocks but hypothetically if I did they would have seemed to be very edible." the Kokiri girl blurted out. She had definitely seen his gem collection somehow.

"But don't tell that goron we can't actually risk you losing those things." she added hastily, suddenly worried about her friend losing something so important.

Eve got up and walked back towards the cliff. Her horse was now staked up in what she had considered a safe location. The girl, in her bulky coat, started to make gestures and poses as if she was trying to communicate with a ship. The Goron scratched underneath his hood, also as a gesture of scratching his head in confusion as the stony skin on his head was not ideal for feeling his own hand scratch it.

"Fuck sake just come down from there. Just jump!" Eve yelled, frustrated with the Goron's little display.

"No freakin' way it's dangerous. Do you see how high up I am!" the Goron yelled back, adjusting his hood.

"We have stuff to do and we can't promise we will be back with food for a goron! Your best bet is to jump down and if you get hurt we will heal you!" Eve shouted back, visibly frustrated.

"I'm scared of heights you can't make me do it!" he yelled back, waving an enormous hand.

"How in blazes did you get up there in the first place?! Aren't you paralyzed with fear just standing up there and looking down?" Eve shouted back, getting seriously annoyed.

"I climbed up but I was looking straight up as I went up and now I don't like the down going part." the Goron explained back, kind of visibly perturbed by looking down now that he had mentioned it.

"Then climb back down slowly and look up the entire way! You can clearly hold steady to the cliff!" Eve spat back, her voice getting fast and loud as she walked him through his predicament.

Eve knew they were already in deep with this silly mission and couldn't risk it all being more pointless and insane because of this one Goron. She was getting awfully close to just attacking the cliffside and making him crash down with it.
  17. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi just raised an eyebrow at Eve's ramblings about his rocks that she claimed to not have seen – which surely was true, as he had never showed them to her… Yet she still thought that they would look edible. That didn't really make sense to him – but he tried to make some sense of it by assuming that precious stones just were edible to Gorons, or something. The way he saw it, this whole place was surrounded by rocks in the form of the cliffs that made up the mountain, and yet those weren't edible. Surely this Goron would do better by asking other Gorons for help when it came to trying to find food? …Actually, were there other Gorons around? Surely no one would want to go too far in this snow, if they didn't have a special mission like the two of them did…

They had no food to offer, and the Goron apparently could not come down because it was too high. And he was scared of heights. The Rito let out a sigh. Of course. While this Goron didn't matter when it came to their important ice-retrieving mission, perhaps it would be cruel to leave someone stranded without food in the middle of this cold. The Kokiri's coaxing did not seem to help much, however.
    "You are a Goron!" Ruairi called out to the scaredy cat, worried about the dangers of heights. But what was there for such a hardy being to even be afraid of?!
    "Just… Just roll into a ball!"

He had seen Gorons rolling, after all. When they were curled up like that, their bodies covered by those hard, stone-like growths… Nothing could get through those. They didn't even seem to feel anything as they barreled through everything! And, if they were lucky… Gravity would take care of the issue of getting a spherical Goron down the cliff.
  18. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Wait a second. . ." Eve interrupted, slowly figuring out what Ruairi had. "Goron food should be nearby Rolling Ridge is down the road from here."

She also, hearing him loud and clear, sort of agreed that the guy should just curl up and try to roll down to safety somehow. But his insisted danger was entirely imagined. All it would take would be for him to fall asleep on his little perch and he would probably painlessly fall to the comfort and safety of the ground. The Kokiri's completely weird eyes did their normal jotting around as she tried to figure out how they could more easily just get him down and end the conversation.

Eve thought about some hypothetical slingshot and bomb combo that could possibly knock the piece of turf off the side of the cliff. Even a bow and arrow, with some small detonator. She didn't have any of those with her right now. But despite everything it was all she could think about. Now however, she was full of anger and pretty annoyed.

"Maybe don't? If you just take our advice you'll get down, be safe, or even get food! There's plenty of people nearby and we're busy!" Eve yelled back up at the Goron.

"Let's go Chicky we need to get ice cubes." she finally admitted, waving friendly-like at the cool Rito.

Knowing well enough their mounts were safe and happy, Eve started to wander off down the path. That was, presumably to where they needed to be going. Or not, they didn't have any obligation to feed into the needy Goron's demands. So Eve could have really been going anywhere. She kind of wanted to find out if there was some major disaster responsible for them needing to go to the temple like usual. But she also had no desire to double check such a thing when she had only made a verbal deal to come back with some ice that was appropriate for a few drinks so that some very dedicated and tired employees could stop being as dry and near death.

A worthy and heroic endeavor.

There was Goron's towns all around this region and many possibly in need from the random snow storms and ice troubles. But it was also the dead middle of winter and neither of the two travelers had considered such a thing to be off or even a possible concern in the slightest. In fact from their perspective nothing could be wrong at the moment aside from there being maybe some wizards and ice on the horizon of their little outing. This resulted in another of Eve's little headaches where she started over-considering what they were doing and kind of getting dizzy about it.
  19. Nameless

Nameless Member vet

Ruairi glanced at Eve. Rolling Ridge was close, huh… How close, he wondered. On the way to the temple, or not? It wasn't like they would have the ability to make the trek there and back and then head off back to the temple – the snow would make travel difficult, and the cold and the exhaustion would eventually get to them. They couldn't use up all their energy before settling this ice issue! But perhaps, if they saw other Gorons, they could let them know. Could a Goron even freeze? Or, well, freeze and die from it? They seemed like such a sturdy folk…

Well, whatever. They didn't have food for this one, and if it refused to just curl into a ball and let gravity roll him down the cliff safely, they couldn't do much. At least he couldn't just go up there and carry a Goron down like a baby! And Eve didn't seem to keen on doing that herself, either. The Kokiri had already started walking off, so the Rito took a few steps to catch up with her.
    "So, this path leads to the temple?" He asked her. She had picked one so quickly, that he assumed that she obviously knew where she was going.
  20. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Ye, think it's thissway." she responded, double-checking her surroundings. "Other path is just Rolling Ridge an' I think we can agree we don't hafta go o'er there."

Eve continued up the trail, noticing odd weather and uncomfortable temperatures. Soon enough there was what looked to be another Goron on the path. His head was poking out of a wide shell of ice up to his neck. He otherwise seemed pretty pleased with himself. But he was very clearly in immediate danger. Eve was getting tired of these carefree characters. . .

"Saw you're comin' through. Weather's gettin' pretty bad goro." the Goron interrupted as they approached.

"Well it's winter and we're on thee mountain it seems." Eve badgered, trying to shut down his line of thought.

"Thee? Mountain? No this weather is unnatural. Somethin' in the temple is messing with the point of freezing, the storm's gettin' worse, among other things! I'll get out of this eventually anyway. . ." the Goron explained, making sure not to be turned down.

"Well not with that attitude! I'll get you out, you numb idiot." Eve replied, still sick of his slothley attitude.

Eve slipped her bag down and pulled out that sledge hammer looking thing of hers. Not without courtesy though. She looked back at Ruairi to see if he had any input. Before she could break a bunch of ice with a big hammer, though at this point she could start cracking down at any moment.