Treasure Megapost -/- Speedrun Pack

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Doc Genz, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Welcome one and all! I have long awaited the day the site would metamorphose. I'm going to show off my ideas for treasures once and for all as a hope to boost the C field's list of treasures, and also to create interest in an overlooked aspect of the Zelda Games: "strats," exploits, glitches, etc. But I chose not to haphazardly include ones that are clearly broken or serve not purpose. An obvious example of something that shouldn't be a Treasure is Bridge Skip from The Wind Waker and The Wind Waker HD. What exploits are "reasonable" then? Which ones would be too expensive if they were accessible? I'm going to attempt to, in the following text, make some of them work.

Bonus! I want to add some bowstring material components both to help out Mags/Kalvar and hopefully make C field characters more fun to play.
    [edit] Some of these Treasures I also assume are influenced by the strong powers of Belief and Hope that are caused by the Goddess Farore, and therefore defy explanation.
    [edit edit] I hope to treat this thread like other treasure suggestion threads and I would appreciate you criticism or changes to the treasures, and welcome the idea that some of these should not be made as they are just ideas and proofs-of-concept

Phantom String (open)

Name: Phantom String
    Type: Weapon Material - Set Cost | Fields: Force
    This is a material designed for crafting into Bows or potentially other stringed weapons. Creating a weapon with Phantom String creates two white/translucent gems on two sides/ends of the weapon. When the wielder of such a weapon concentrates, they can make a bright light appear, projecting from the gems in the shape of a tight string that appears immediately in their hand. The string appearing is limited to its relation to the weapon, if pulling the string would make the angle too acute the string does not appear at all. Conversely, the wielder's hand being closer to the weapon makes the string available to appear. The string behaves like a tight string on a Bow or Longbow style weapon, and since crossbow weapons need a lever to arm they cannot benefit from this treasure. The string is projected from the gems, and therefore re-appears every time it is summoned and continues to appear even if the wielder intentionally snaps it.

infinite blade (open)

Name: Infinite Blade (Infinite Sword)
    Type: Technique - C-Normal Cost | Fields: Weaponbase, Enchant, Courage
    If the User has a stick or pole with a long, slim body to it they can enhance it with this technique. Also known as "Infinite Sword," the user must focus on an object like a sign or a landmark for several seconds. Their elongated item or weapon will become coated with an invisible, vibrating energy. If their item is blunt or dull, it will suddenly become sharp as they continue to focus on only their weapon. Breaking concentration on their held weapon will end the technique. Their item will remain so sharp at this time that even light swings instead of real attacks will result in considerable cuts on their enemy. As previously mentioned, the User will have to remain concentrated or there is little benefit if this technique subsides, leaving them vulnerable.

This Treasure appears in the Zelda series, most notably Ocarina of Time. It is based on an extremely popular glitch or exploit used in speedrunning.

super swim (open)

Name: Slingshot Swimming (Super Swim)
    Type: Utility Technique - C-High Cost | Fields: Travel, Empower, Water, Courage
    This is an all-out, desperate ability for those with no other choice. The one who uses this technique has to recklessly float in the water and concentrate on their own breathing while facing toward the shore. (of preferably a sea or ocean) So long as they concentrate for half of the total time they can keep their breath held, the world will spin around them and they will succumb to nauseating forces. She will then be propelled backwards at high speeds with excruciating force. The User will then need to survive with the rest of their held breath as they are forced above and below the surface of the water. She will need to survive this entire backwards trip with little control over her direction until she hits the opposite shore of her destination. This is already even more risky because of storms, high waves, and the high likelihood the opposite shore is surrounded by rocks. However, if the user has prepared a high amount of countermeasures such as healing, a healing fairy, some form of magical breathing or otherwise, they may survive the trip. It is important that a user that can breathe indefinitely(Zoras or someone using a magical effect) will launch at two-and-a-half to five minutes or half the average time of a human being.

This Treasure appears in the Zelda series, most notably The Wind Waker. It is based on an extremely popular glitch or exploit used in speedrunning.

bottle adventure (open)

Name: Bottle Adventure (Bottle Flute)
    Type: Utility Technique - set cost 15 | Fields: Sound, Summon
    This secret technique will allow the User to create an emergency musical instrument without casting a real spell. When the User holds a large object in her main hand, anything roughly the size of a Bottomless Bottle or larger, the item in her hand will irreversibly transform into an empty bottle with holes in it that can be used as a flute. This mundane item is considered extraordinary in nature.
    (as Guy mentioned below the following could be an augment, and a Mirror Silver augment could be added, so that the user can choose to skillfully use it to diminish or reflect spells with the bottle)
    The hole-filled bottle is resistant to elements similar to Null Rock and a skilled wielder can deflect certain spells with it if they are skilled enough. If the same character tries to create this item again in the same way, the original vanishes particle-by-particle until nothing useful is left.

• By itself, this treasure is similar to Summon Instrument and can be considered a less-magical alternative.
    This Treasure appears in the Zelda series, most notably Ocarina of Time. It is based on an extremely popular glitch or exploit used in speedrunning.

Augment (this can be separate as previously mentioned)
    reverse bottle adventure (open)

Reverse Bottle Adventure
    C-Normal Cost | Fields: PerQuest
    Holding the Bottle Flute created by the Bottle Adventure technique, the User can perform Reverse Bottle Adventure. This costly action is a bit more strenuous on the User's stamina, but can be rewarding in very specific situations. The User's focus and energy is converted into the Bottle Flute and further transforms it into an intact bottle without performance holes, and holding one of the following mundane items:
    An ordinary common fish in its associated form of water (fresh/salt)
    A half portion of ordinary cow's or goat's milk
    A single common bug such as a spider, beetle, bait worm, or miniature Skulltula
    A short-lived suspended flame which is purple-blue in color but is no different than normal fire
    Air
    • Ordinary pumpkin soup in the most popular Hyrule recipe, having a hint of cheese and fish

Weirdshot (open)

Name: Weirdshot
    Type: Technique - C-Normal Cost | Fields: Empower, Projectile, Wind, Courage
    This technique is used when using a Grapple Hook, Hookshot, or anything that requires grabbing onto another point of reference such as Magnetic Gloves or the Switch Hook. The User's intuitive field will force the end of their item to latch onto their desired point of reference, almost magically ignoring obstacles, poor aim, and wind effects. A properly focused (several seconds of concentration) Weirdshot will even influence their grapple to ignore stronger effects like magnetism that would cause it to fail.

• This Treasure has a similar, if opposite effect of Straight Shooting. As it forces a ranged item in a different direction rather than straightening its trajectory.

(the techniques described could be done with more detail or clarity, as this is a hard glitch to envision without seeing it done. as there are a multitude of ways to jump, climb, and propel oneself in this RP setting it may take some time to provide a full fix for this concept.)
    HESS (open)

Name: Hyper Extended Superslide (or H.E.S.S.)
    Type: Technique - C-Normal Cost | Fields: Technique, Travel, Courage
    The HESS is an advanced technique designed for heroes. The User must stand perfectly still like stone for a moment as they are hit by an attack or some great force. (such as a large enemy swinging a weapon or the force of a common bomb) Following the hit, she must tumble like an acrobat off the force of this hit. Her feet, boots, or shoes will then magically become slippery against most ground types. The User will begin to slide at a speed somewhat faster than she can run, and will often be forced to maneuver backwards as she shifts positions. The User can use this trick to cover a large amount of flat ground, and can use a multitude of techniques to change direction or go faster. Most types of obstacles including items as small as a 5cm pebble (presuming it is sticking up and is not flush with cobble) will instantly cancel the speed and momentum the User has and end their slide.

• This Treasure increases speed similar to Centaur Speed, although it is not especially feasible for a Lynel to "tumble like an acrobat" if one wanted to combine these.
    This Treasure appears in the Zelda series, most notably Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. It is based on an extremely popular glitch or exploit used in speedrunning.

leaf augment (open)

Deku Leaf Augment
    Name: Leaf Pump | 15 rupees
    As long as the wielder of the Deku Leaf can maintain concentration, grip, and hold themselves up they may continue on an extremely level trajectory as they glide when parachuting. This ability is maintained by shifting the leaf mid-air and requires a large level of stamina or magically-enhanced stamina.

This is all I can do tonight, I'll add popular ones like Zombie Hover later if I feel like it or if I get requests
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Guy likes this.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

First of all, I like this. I like that treasures are being suggested; I like that C-based ones are, that glitch-based ones are, and that a bowstring one is.

Phantom String: I think using the term "projector-like" is a little confusing; or at least it was for me. Just "white gems" or something might suffice. As an actual treasure page it should specify upfront that it's meant to be a bowstring which imo wouldn't be clear out of context. It's a neat way to make sure your bowstring never breaks, but since it doesn't seem to have much benefit other than being cool the cost would be under 10 roop I think. Still neat.

Infinite Blade: The Infinite Sword glitch understandably needs a nerf ("anything that touches your sword dies almost instantly"). I might tweak it a little bit but it seems good. It parallels with elemental enchantments in a way I think is neat.

Super Swim: Maybe "slingshot swim"? You are essentially launching yourself like a physics-defying projectile through the water, after all. Without knowing this is to replicate the tWW glitch I might have assumed this was Mikau's speedy swimming based on the name. It's such a peculiar ability I'm not anyone would want it even if it is the coolest way to swim... :thonk: ...but we could add it anyway.

Bottle Adventure: This could work as a C-based variant of summon instrument. Seems appropriate since songs tend to be C-based too. Considering it doesn't have/need much effect other than "I have an instrument now" I'd probably drop it to Lowest Cost. Giving properties like Null Rock (or a Mirror Shield) could be delegated to augments. Good stuff.

Reverse Bottle Adventure: Out of context I'm not sure this needs to be an augment instead of just its own treasure. If desired the two could have a mutual discount effect, or some other synergy. Good regardless.

Weirdshot: This is a very interesting take on "my attack hits regardless" but because that is essentially what it does, I'm leaning more towards a Normal cost. I particularly like the name.

HESS: I think this could use a little more explanation (e.g., expand " a multitude of techniques") since it's a little difficult to understand from this text how this treasure is supposed to work without actually observing the glitch.

Leaf Pump: Good. I'd lean towards making this C-Lowest instead of set 15 rupees, but good.
  3. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    I took note of everything you said and I'll probably look over and edit them all tonight. I dunno, maybe add a couple too it depends on how things go.

[edit] Added text notes to the things Guy pointed out because I didn't have a lot of time, might go back and work with things later, or add stuff
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021