Convergence [Goron Temple]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Guy, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

‘Nayru’s grace,’ shuddered Gustav. The legends weren’t a lie--her skills are by all accounts the best in all of Hyrule--but damn it all if he thought this would not be worth it. What would she do if she discovered where these weapons came from? What would she do if she didn’t like the cut of his jib? What would she do... at all? How was he supposed to work with someone like this?

“I am Gustav... Gustav, they call me.” He certainly hoped this would be the first and last time they ever met in person. “You I know as Sienna,” he announced, though she showed no reaction to these words.

“I have a Transfer Shell for you, actually. It can be used for contact and to deliver weapons unto you.” Gustav pulled from his satchel a rather plain-looking green commshell with the Transfer augment. After explaining the basics of how it worked, he moved on to the other step of the plan.

“If you desire a weapon that is too large to fit through the shell, or your client desires armor that cannot fit, we can coordinate a drop point. I have a few associates who can help with things like that and I--as you can see from my wagon--am always on the move as well”

He offered the shell on open palms, even while standing about six feet away from Sienna.
    “Is that amicable? Sh-shall I... hand the shell to you?”
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

Sienna moved towards him. Even though she was a mere deku scrub herself, as she neared towards him the dynamic between the two made her feel like she was a darknut towering over a minish. While holding her new halberd in one hand, she used the other to pluck the transfer shell he offered up.

With some doubts as to how this worked, she slid the halberd into the shell’s mouth, watching as the weapon seemed to magically vanish. A short distance away, she observed the halberd’s tip emerging from another shell stowed on the wagon. Impressive.

“...No larger shells?” She observed Gustav timidly shake his head. “Very well. This will suffice.” It was just as well. She was not keen on seeing this one’s face again anyway.

Done with this conversation, Sienna proceeded to pluck up seven or eight different weapons from the pile. They were strewn across her body with scabbards and slung over her shoulder when able. Ignoring the rest, she began to walk off.

“Contact me sparsely if at all. If I desire a weapon I will contact you.”
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

Gustav didn’t realize he was holding his breath until the monster’s silhouette disappeared. In a moment his entire body relaxed. He could not believe this worked--not only surviving the ordeal, but coming away with a much better deal than he expected. Only a few weapons were lost, giving him scores and scores and scores more to either sell or to trade to the Sienna later.

Not only that but it was perhaps--hopefully--the last time he would ever need to risk an encounter with her. She knew not his last name nor even the city in which he dwelt. Truly marvelous.

“The keystone is in place... It really is all coming together.” He laughed softly, “I can’t believe it.”

With a content sigh, he turned back towards his wagon and the piles of weaponry that flooded from it. “Ah well. I suppose putting all these back is the least labor I can provide...”
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

Yet another few months passed. Gustav’s shop in Castle Town had seen a boom unlike anything before. Even on a slow time of day he could barely step away to make deals on his ever-trusty commshell.

“Ah, you remember Alice? She mans the shop when I’m out making deals... Her customer voice could use a little work, but it’s really hard to top an employee that can man the counter 24/7. They said being undead is horrible and cold, but, at the very least it seems quite useful, doesn it?”

Gustav was chatting up a storm on his ever-trusty commshell.

“By the way Buzzari, your plants--your flowers--are all doing wonderfully over here. If you’ll hand the shell over to your friend Guy you’re welcome to come take a look.”

With that said, Gustav placed the shell on the counter to his shop.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

“Ta-DAH!!” Buzzari announced gleefully as he--a physical item less than 3”--waltzed through the commshell from Guy’s location straight into Gustav’s shop miles and miles away. “I’ll never bee tired of that! It’s so neat!”

Buzzari buzzed over to his flowers, and spent the next--who knows--twenty minutes greeting and tending to every single one. Now he could even pollinate all across Hyrule with just a lil buzz on over!

Gustav dealt with customers a while longer before Buzzari was done. When the jungle visit was finally finished though, the beecori buzzed up to the front counter where Gustav, Alice, and all their wares were visited by a tent full of customers.

“Wow! Busier than a hive!” There were piles and piles of shiny weapons, ornate suits of armor, and even magical seeds! Buzzari just couldn’t even begin to fathom where Gustav got all of these neat things to sell!
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

An hour or so passed, with plenty of goods going into well-paying hands. When it quieted down a little bit more, Gustav turned to his tiniest friend. While raking in so much profit from three of the best crafters he knew, even profiteering business scrub wanted to celebrate with his friends--even if he was taking absolute advantage of them all.

“Buzzari, I have a little gift for you.” He pinched out a special commemorative kinstone from his purse and handed it to the little bee. When the picori took it, he realized that gift wasn’t quite so little--it filled Buzzari’s entire arm. But, hey, the little guy did have two arms. Handing him a second one, he added, “And that one’s for Guy. On your way back, let him know he has an offer for a steel Gleeok-style butterfly knife.”

Of course, Gustav kept two kinstones for himself.

...On second thought, what the heck, he thought he’d give the spare one to Sienna the next time she called in for a weapon.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

“Bee-- beeg stones!” Buzzari was so overwhelmed with these boulders he could bee-rely stumble back to the transfer shell. He had to shove in one stone by itself, then the next, before finally popping through himself.

“Um! Buzz!” He hovered around Guy’s ear, trying to remember what he was supposed to say, “S-... steal a Bee-ok Butterbee Wife.”
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

“What?” Guy snarled, “I’m in the middle of something here Buz--” A gigantic fireball blasted out of left field, socking Guy’s obsidian face across the jaw with such force that his body spun in a spiral as it rolled in recoil. The sword in his hand was sent spiraling from his grip, skidding across the stone floor and into the ring of lava that circled the room.

After quickly clambering to his feet, Guy snatched Buzzari and both of his kinstones, then shoved them back into his Adventure Pouch for safe keeping. He whipped out a newly-crafted hatchet in each hand, spinning them between his stone fingers like it was nothing.

This time when the Dongorongo blasted his great balls of fire, Guy was ready--no distractions. He sprinted headlong into the barrage of flame. He weaved around one fireball, then the next, and slung one of his hatchets at the third to knock it off course. When he was upon the monster his Roc’s Cape assisted a mighty leap onto the creature’s forehead a split-second before his second hatchet swung down in a wide arc that beaned one of the creature’s gaping green eyes.

Yowling in pain, the Dongorongo flung its head back and hurled Guy high into the air. Disarmed yet again, Guy’s hands scrambled through his Adventure Pouch looking for the next weapon he had crafted during his last smith-session.
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG]

With the Dongorongo flopped onto the ground, twitching with its mouth opened, Guy landed--with a seven-foot halberd clutched in his fists. Almost like Sienna. Skating on his hover boots, he abruptly Propelled at wild speed straight into the monster’s mouth with halberd at the ready--ruthlessly stabbing through its tongue and uvula, ramming deeper and deeper until the blade ripped through the back of the monster’s spine and finished it off for good.

Content with a day’s work, Guy dusted off his hands with a triumphant smirk. With two hatchets thrown, he almost effortlessly whipped out two more and slotted them into the belt loops at his hips. “There’s plenty more where that came from, too.”
  10. Guy

Guy Admin admin

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

“Whu-whuzzat?” Buzzari poked his head out of the pouch again.

“Oh, you did it! You beet the beest! Yaaaay~!” The little one buzzed all around in triumphant fanfare, ignoring the fact that he has missed almost the entire dungeon while rambling to his flowers miles away. Oh well, doesn’t mean he can’t cheer on his friend!

“Yeah,” Guy chuckled to himself a little bit. “Thanks, bud. I did do it.” There was a rare cheeriness to his words. It took a year or more, but he really pushed through it all. No, not just this dungeon, but the entire journey. That dinolfos would be the last one to ever disarm him for good.

“And now his boss is dead,” Guy’s cheery chuckle turned into murderous laughter. His joined Buzzari’s tiny giggles as the two basked in completely different forms of triumph.
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

So. A very unconventional way to do Goron Temple but it meets criteria. :pichu:

Guy + Sienna + Buzzari + Gustav
    One player (40r) plus four characters (10r each) = 80 rupees for dungeon.
    33r are going to Buzzari, 27r are going to Sienna, and 20r are going to Gustav.
    All four of them are getting one kinstone each.

Guy
    -30r: Weaponsmith Lv1
    -20r: Weaponsmith Lv2
    -30r: Weaponsmith Lv3
    -15r: Transfer Shell augment for Commshell (he already has one)
    -2r: Kinstone
    (109r -> 12r)
    +50r: Profession 10
    +10r: Double Rupoor
    (12r-> 72r)

Buzzari
    +33r: Quest
    -30r: Beetanist Lv1
    -20r: Beetanist Lv2
    (25r -> 6r)
    +4r: Botanist 2
    +10r: Lost and Found
    (25r -> 20r)

Sienna
    +27r: Quest
    -25: Commshell + Transfer Shell
    +50r: Profession 10
    +12r: Outfitter 6
    (0r -> 62r)

Gustav
    +20r: Quest
    -25: Commshell + Transfer Shell
    (7r -> 0r)
    +30r: Profession 6
    +10r: Double Rupoor
    (0r -> 40r)
  12. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    :sub::i::sub: It's been like three years since I had to accept anything. :chest: [ACCEPTED]

your kinstones are Red Rupee and Blue Crown
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021