Okay, I've let this drag on for long enough.

Discussion in 'Fire Emblem' started by Blonde Panther, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    As head mod of Ylisse, it's high time I took responsibility. It's at least partially my fault this sub-board is no longer active, and I think it's high time to do something about that. This would require an immense overhaul, shutting the board, most likely recruiting a new team, and re-writing all setting and rules from scratch.

Either that, or, if there is no longer any interest in a Fire Emblem-based RP, I can remove the sub-board from the server, renounce all my moderating powers, and leave it at that.

So, the point of me making this thread is to ask: Is there still any interest in this? Would anyone like to have a Fire Emblem RP? And if yes, which setting would you prefer, on what scale should it be; what suggestions do you have for me?

I plan to leave this thread up for a month; if I can't get anything going by the end of September, I will consider it a lost cause and undertake action to remove the sub-board.
  2. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

I'd be interested, of course!!

A rehaul and a re-think of the setting would be good, I feel, especially considering how we can tailor whatever we make for the likelihood of a smaller audience. I'm not sure whether a completely fresh idea would be best, or a development of an existing game such as Radiance Lost on the old FEP server.

I'd be happy to be on the staff if that would get things rolling!
  3. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    I'd be interested, too. It's just that... well, for one thing, we can't really progress the plot. It's not that the system itself is bad, but it feels like... there's just not enough to go on. Let me say it like this: the system itself is somewhat broken, in a way. Somewhat broken because there's not enough plot to go on.

Like, I feel that way because there's no where to go with the plot. So definitely a rework of the plot.

Show Spoiler
    Maybe something like Fates?
  4. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Custooooommmmm settiiiiiinnngggg

Anyway I'd be up for another round :V it would need some work on the system, but I'm sure we can figure something out c: my preference'd really go to a custom setting so we have more freedom with it and not stuck to the conventions of one game, though. (And let's include manaketes this time around)
  5. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

So, I had an idea for a -possible- setting... I discussed it briefly with BP, and we agreed that it'd need some consideration and plenty of tweaking.

I was thinking back to some of the older FE RPs, and one that I really enjoyed had a host of monsters/demons, meaning there were lots of enemies that could propel the storyline. I considered the concept of allowing our characters to be 'Summoners' of sorts, but I think that'd be difficult to police/wouldn't really seem like Fire Emblem.

Instead, I think it'd be a good backdrop for a compelling plot. A group of evil men (generic, I know: that's where the tweaking comes in later!) would discover a way to conjure up some monsters. They'd garner a following, and Summoning magic would eventually become a continent-wide threat, perhaps prompting a mini-war of sorts against the organization. As much as it isn't normally safe for civilians to travel for fear of brigands and criminals, this would be on a similar scale. Rogue monsters might pop up in small villages, or groups of them might assault townships/cities, controlled and led by their Summoners. Not quite apocalyptic, but we can assume military forces have to work at keeping the number of monsters to a minimum.

I think it would be cool for whomever mods this to host a 'monster suggestion' thread (definitely not stolen from FEP), so players can invent their own nasties to battle against. Due to the nature of the plot, it could be applied to pretty much any setting- something that could be decided later on if we get the go-ahead to develop this plan.

Thoughts??
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm actually vehemently against using a custom setting for one major reason: I am not cut out for worldbuilding. I would be willing to adapt an existing setting to fit a plot if needed, but unless we can find a third party to create a custom setting I'm not working with one.

I am however fond of the idea Light posed, and if anyone else has any good ideas for an overarching threat/plot/what have you, I'd love to hear it.
  7. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Good gracious, it's been a long time since I've been here. Pardon my Texan, but how ya'll doing, ya'll?

If I had to suggest something for an FEP RP, it'd be this: Tellius setting, with the Radiance Lost idea that Ashera didn't awaken/didn't need to be awakened, but the year's 999. The year after the current one, Ashera and 'the dark god' whose information we do not know is going to awaken, and everything is going to go to utter crap.

Or we could take RL's idea and run with it, steal it wholesale (as if anybody's posting in there nowadays, anyway), what with the year being 746, 100 years after Radiant Dawn mostly takes place.

Or a sort of blend of that and Light's idea. Izuka was a summoner, right? Perhaps some other nut discovered his work, sought to continue it, and made a cult out of the idea, making for a large group of mad scientists who can summon feral laguz to protect them if they need to.
  8. [v]

[v] Member new

*waves to all* It's good to see movement around here.

Although I don't have RP idea to contribute at the moment, I'd like to let you know I'll be interested in joining even though my English is getting worse and worse nowadays. It's good to see the brainstorming as well.
  9. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

It seems like we have a core amount of interest here... Even if we create something that only runs one main RP at a time, I'd like to see it happen!

Your ideas sound good, KoG, though I'm less familiar with those settings than FE7 or 8... Wouldn't be a problem for me to learn up about them, though.

Squish: There's nothing to say we couldn't adopt an old setting and tweak it. In a world where magic exists, the possibilities are nearly endless =)
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Alright, from the responses in this thread I can conclude that there is at least some animo for a Fire Emblem based RP, even if I might have to make it a lot less grand-scale than I tried before. What I plan to do now is the following:

1). I will lock and archive all currently existing portions of the Ylisse RP. They will remain available for reading, but as of today the Ylisse RP is formally CLOSED.
    2). I will open a new suggestion thread for how to proceed, in regards to setting, scale, all that good stuff.
    3). I will remain in executive control, but with one of my mods now modding for Hyrule and the other having expressed hesitation to stay in the position, I may have to recruit new staff. More on this after the scale has been decided on.

In the long run, I would like to emphasize something.

4). Some of us have made characters that they may have grown attached to- losing those characters is my main stipulation in adopting a different setting. However, after the reboot of the Fire Emblem RP, I would be happy to personally help anyone who wants this to re-work their existing characters to fit into the new setting and story. This is a permanent offer, but an optional one, so those who are fine with making entirely new characters are welcome to do so.

Thanks, everyone. FE is my life and I'd hate losing the opportunity to RP it.