Mafia *Day 1: Probation*

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Fcgfyv, Sep 6, 2013.

1. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "Yes. If there are Mafia members in here, we need to prepare ourselves. As much as it sucks, this is the only way. I'm not taking any chances."

I look at Gouf, with a hint of suspicion in my glare..
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Gouf," I mutter quietly, "Quite frankly, I'm not terribly convinced of your manner that you're trustworthy. I mean, really, we're locked in with psychos both in and out of the room and you want us to just sit and relax?"
  3. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

"I mean does it really matter if you have a weapon or not? Anything can be used as a weapon. *points at lamp on a nearby table* Someone could kill me with that lamp if they had to. If someone were to attack you do you really think you would be able to reach into your pocket, grab your weapon, and defend yourself in time? You would probably already be dead before you even knew it. I personally think we should check everyone daily and search for smuggled weapons. This weapon nonsense is giving everyone a false sense of security." *drinks some water*
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Whether the weapons are actually useful or not, a sense of security is important. I for one, would rather have something I might be able to protect myself with and feel safe than not have anything, and be paranoid of everything."

"The mind is a powerful thing. Fear can mess with your head. We should do everything we can to keep calm, and if it means having a way of self defense, feasible to actually use or not, so be it."
  5. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

"Well, whatever. I could care less if anyone has a weapon or not. I'm just saying it isn't very practical."
  6. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

"Gouf" I say, slowing down the grinding motion to try to make a finer edge on the would-be machete "Poorly made weapons are better in a fight than ones that are simply improvised, that lamp is awkward and slow to swing, easy to get out of the way of if you're aware of it, has a cord that can be used against the wielder. In the end it's so useless that you'd be better off using fists, feet, teeth and any other part of your body that could potentially kill someone."

"And Squish, those Mafiosos probably have better weapons than we could make, plus even if we did search everyone, it wouldn't be hard to just plant a weapon on someone."

After a few minutes and more-or-less satisfied with the blade I made, I tear off a sleeve and wrap it around the base of the machete to improvise a handle before starting on the knife; keeping the machete just in front me, easily within reach.
  7. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

"Yes but, what good is a poorly made weapon if a mafia member plans to kill you without anyone finding out and you being killed in a single strike? None at all!"
  8. Razgriz

"And what happens should we find one? I doubt one of us will be enough to take 'em out, much less with just our bare weapons. But in a way you and Darklink are right, regardless of the scene outside. They use stealth and deceit to get what they want, most likely they'll strangle someone in their sleep or use someone else's weapon to do the kill. The only way we can survive is to keep in each other's sight the entire time and sleep in shifts, two at a time, not four like Darklink suggested."

Sitting down on the desk I suddenly get an idea. Pulling out my half-finished knife, I start working on cutting the rusty screws out of the plywood of the desk. "Hey Darklink, hand me the hammer you've got in your pants; come on you're not impressing anyone and I think I can make use some improvised medicine."
  9. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "As long as I'm breathing, I will never stop fighting and will never give up. The fact that you're telling us NOT to try and arm ourselves make you all the more suspicious..."
  10. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "I'm not...comfortable giving it up. What do you want to use it for, specifically?"
  11. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

"What an optimistic view on the situation." I say to Darklink.
  12. Razgriz

"The screws are rusty, meaning they're steel or iron so I can use them in the medicine. But I need to crush them thoroughly first. Here, then hold onto my machete while I use it." I say, offering my machete in one hand
  13. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "Fine. I'm sorry not to be trusting off the bat, but it's hard when we have mafia here. Nothing personal."
  14. Razgriz

"I got it, I got it" I repeat, pulling the screws together in a pile and begin smashing them with a hammer.
  15. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "I was just thinking...Raz, let's take the first shift. Everyone else, get some rest. It seems like it's going to be a while until we're found."
  16. Razgriz

"You've been thinking that a lot." I say "We've only been up a few hours, I really doubt anyone's tired and why would four of us sleep at once? It just makes more sense two at a time; you know, for if something happens in the night it's not one's word against the other."

Satisfied with the powdery-ness of the screws, I begin to scrape the other aluminum drawer slides together into another pile. A few minutes later I mix both piles and put the mix in a small plastic bag and the bag on the desk

"Well there's about a two tablespoons of medicine here, it'll probably sting like the fires of hell, give you tetanus and otherwise make your head spin; but it should slow blood loss enough to survive a mild stab. Oh, and this is for everyone, so no hoarding it." I say, "Oh, and Darklink, give me my blade back." offering the hammer while doing so.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  17. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "I hand the blade back in good will." I think to myself how Raz how now earned my trust -- and my allegiance.
  18. Razgriz

I put the blade away, still not entirely sure of Darklink.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  19. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "I'd like to put it to a vote. Who is from the Mafia? My vote goes to Gouf. He is not suspicious of our weapons. He doesn't think they're necessary. What does everyone else think in terms of, who is in the Mafia? Remember, they can spatter your brains all over the place with their well hidden pistols...."
  20. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    this has kinda died. gahh. VOTE TIME