Mafia *Day 1: Probation*

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Fcgfyv, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

You have woken on the floor to feel the cold concrete floor beneath you. You sit up, and see a small group of people around you doing the same. None of you remember how or why you are in the room, but everyone quickly finds out what's happening right now. Outside the bulletproof glass in front of you, the chaos is starting to settle down. The convicts of the prison are slowly getting replaced with copses strewn about everywhere. Members of the mafia are walking down corridors, looking for anyone and everyone who may have escaped them. One member with a devious look in his eyes passes your room and looks in. He appears to yell something to everyone else, and aims his gun at you. He fires a few rounds into the glass, and none of them pierce the glass. One bullet even ricochets and scrapes his arm. None of the members have been successful in opening the door in any way, and it is locked shut.

The only operational computer in the room is a frozen one, where the small monitor tells of authorities arriving in a few days. There is food and water for the small number of people in the room to survive, but whether they do or not is the real question. Everyone knows that there are one or two mafia members disguised amongst the group, and making sure that they are put down is the difference between salvation and more crime. But hey, it could be worse... you could've been one of the poor convicts who got shot down.

Dawn of the First Day
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    I muttered something dark (and best left unheard) under my breath. My head was killing me. I was surrounded by strangers. And some maniac outside was attempting to break in and kill us all.

Wonderful. That sure made me feel welcome. I stuck my tongue out at the jerks outside and turned away. "Urgh, whatever... is everyone all right?"
  3. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

"I guess so. It's better than getting shot I suppose." *I quickly grab a bottle of water knowing that there will probably be a restriction on how much food and water one is allowed to take*
  4. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

(a mysterious voice in your head that you immediately decide to not question reminds you that unlike role playing, there is no order for you to post in, so you can post whenever you want)
  5. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

After that strange voice finished talking, which I assumed was just a product of stress, I drink a little bit of water to calm my nerves.
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Great. Never been better" I replied sarcastically, clutching my head. "Only hearing strange voices in my head and feeling completely miserable..." I muttered under my breath.

I take some food and begin to eat a little.
  7. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"So, uh, any idea where to start guys?" I ask as I cast a nervous glance at the glass. Sure, it was bulletproof, but it was still a little unnerving to see someone firing a gun at you.
  8. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    I crossed my arms and tapped my left arm with my right hand's index finger. This chamber was locked and bulletproof. That meant that at least we wouldn't have to worry about anything outside...

I said nothing for a moment, dreading the words that would come from my mouth. "I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the monitor said we'd be okay in a few days, and there's no immediate threat from anything outside... the problem is whether we can trust each other or not."
  9. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Being one of the last to get up I comment: "I don't know why anyone would join the mafia. Seriously, why would anyone still be loyal to them when they just shot at you too? Anyway, seeing as we're all stuck here for better or worse, anyone like the idea of sleeping in shifts?"
  10. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Why isn't important so much as whether someone is or not," I mused in response. Something about it didn't add up. Why would we even be brought here? For someone's amusement?

To the suggestion to sleep in shifts, I waited and watched. I wasn't convinced that it was a great idea to leave anyone unguarded, but maybe I could get some information from the others' reactions...
  11. Razgriz

"There's enough of us that what, four can be awake at once? And everyone still gets a full night's sleep? It's not like we can't just over-power anyone in here who tries to attack."
  12. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    The last to get up, I quietly analyze the situation and am mum about my thoughts. I look around the room suspiciously, and try to find anything that can be used as a weapon so that I can protect myself if need be; I mean, hell, there are members of the Mafia in here! I find an old screwdriver and hide it in my pocket. I speak up to the group.

"If we're going to survive here and wait for rescue, we're going to need to ration this food to make sure it lasts for everyone. Razgriz seems the most suspicious to me, with his "Mafia" comment. I think we should sleep in shifts to protect the food to make sure no one steals it or tries to hoard it for themselves. I'll take the first shift with Razgriz, as we were two of the last to get up."
  13. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

"Razgriz doesn't seem that suspicious to me honestly. But who knows, he might be with them." *drinks a little bit of water*
  14. Razgriz

"Anyone one of us could be Gouf, I think that's their idea. Anyway, I think out first priority should be arming ourselves, preferably twice over. Any mafioso in here already has at least one and we'll need to be able to fight back if it comes down to it."
  15. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "If they have a gun though, we're royally ****ed. Which they probably do. All we have are dusty tools and things with sharp edges, which work, but won't be any match for a GUN!!! We need to figure out who the Mafioso is before one of us gets killed. Seriously. They don't eff arround. bada bing, bada boom."
  16. Razgriz

"Darklink, if they had a gun, why wouldn't they just stand in the corner and shoot the rest of us? Why didn't they just slit throats in our sleep and start shooting once someone woke up? Unless of course, they were the last to wake up and didn't think of the whole 'hide in a corner and shoot' idea. Cause otherwise it doesn't make sense that one of them has a gun and the rest of us are still alive. Anyway, like I said, arm ourselves."

I walk over to the desk the computer was on and smash out a drawer, taking both the larger and smaller drawer slide pieces and begin sharpening them against the steel leg of the desk.
  17. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    "Maybe they only want to use it as a last resort? Crime scenes are not easy to clean up. Guns leave ballistics, evidence. The Mafia are very clean. They don't like messes. Again, let us two take the first shift and everyone else can rest."

I find a hammer hidden in the corner near what looked to be a workbench. I secretly tuck it in my jacket, along with the screwdriver I found, ready to bash someone's skull in at a moment's notice if absolutely necessary; "These Mafia assholes aren't whacking me", I think to myself.
  18. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"Arming ourselves is nice and all, but shouldn't we be working on figuring out who the moles are?" I say, as I watch the others work on their makeshift weapons. Sure, it might be a good idea to have a weapon ready in case things got ugly inside the room, but for now, finding the mafia members was our priority.
  19. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you Squishy, but not now. Say we did find out who the mole is. What then? We can't defend ourselves without a weapon! I don't know about you, but I'm not having my life ended by some mafia clown because I didn't get a weapon."

I begin to look around the room myself. There was some scrap metal. Maybe I can find a way to sharpen it and make myself a crude knife... I've also got some pliers here. If the whole knife thing doesn't work out, and worst comes to worst, these could be used for basic self defense. It would at the very least slow a would be attacker down for a second or two.
  20. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

*sits down on the floor* "Anyone with a weapon would seem pretty suspicious to me. At most there are probably two mafia members in here. Would it really be necessary for us all to carry weapons."