Marcus Heilari

Discussion in 'Retired Characters' started by Quill, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

THIS IS NOT MY CURRENT CHARACTER SHEET
    - I keep this post for nostalgia. The actual character sheet, the updated one, is further down the page. It came into effect in 2/23/12

Name

- Marcus Heilari

- 16 years old

- Male

Race

- Hylian

Place of Origin

-Refugee of the Western Caves

PWC

1/4/2

Occupation

-Healer

Treasures

-Life
    After spending a few seconds concentrating their magical power, the user unleashes a healing force on a nearby ally, mending their wounds, curing their poisons, and ridding them of non-fatal diseases. It cannot bring one back from unconsciousness or death, however. The spell can also be used on oneself, but takes more time to concentrate--just under a minute. Regardless of the intended target, if the user's concentration is interrupted, the spell cannot be cast and they will need to start it over once again.

-Sense
    Those with this ability will detect the presence of and vague location of other living creatures purely by instinct, particularly those who are dangerous or intent on doing them harm. The range of this sense is roughly five meters, and penetrates all forms of barriers, even those which deflect magic.

-Spin Attack
    After taking a moment to focus their strength into their weapon, the user spins around once or twice in quick succession with their weapon outstretched, which sends out a potent wave of force in all directions around the user. The length and force of the wave depends on the weapon and the user's reach (e.g., a spear will have a longer wave, and a mace will have a blunt wave while a sword will have a slicing wave). If this technique is used in mid-air, the user will be suddenly propelled upwards several feet.

If multiple practitioners of this technique stand back-to-back and unleash it simultaneously, their weapon waves will combine force and stack on top of one another, extending their reach.

Height

-5'7"

Weight

-120 lbs

Equipment

- A small dagger, standard issue to all Healers who venture top-side. The clothes on my back, of course- practical brown leggings and an equally brown tunic. The dagger is strapped to a dark belt at my waist, and on the opposite side of the belt hangs a small pouch, containing a few bandages and some pain-relieving ointments. Strapped to my back is a large water pouch, because after all, nobody wants to suffer from heat stroke while topside.

Appearance

- When I look into the mirror, I see myself. I'm not some big warrior with battle scars and bulging muscles. My small and skinny frame pales in comparison with the warriors in the Caverns, but I've come to live with that. I like to think that my blue eyes shine with intelligence, although honestly, they probably don't. My black hair is nice, though, and I've been told that it contrasts nicely with my eyes. Whatever. That does not rank high on my important scale. My pale skin shows that I've never been in the sun before, not counting a few hours of farming every day, and I envy the tanned warriors who show off their daily solar exposure.

Personality

- Hi. I'm Marcus. Listen, growing up in a war-stricken world is tough. You don't get too many innocents here in the Western Caves. Instead, you have an influx of battle hardened, grizzly warriors who've seen to much death in their days. I wish I could say I was different. However... I can't. It's not because of what I've seen, it's just how I am. How I've been raised. I'm just serious by nature. I mean, sure, I joke around; I am human, but I'd much rather gaze contemplatively into a mug of hot chocolate than party. Am I stereotypical? Maybe. Do I care? Not really.

Residence

- As I explain later, I currently reside at the Healer's Academy in the Western Caves. Located in the Northwest portion of the cavernous underground network, this glorified cave is where all who aspire to be Healers are taught. This 'building' also functions as a Guild where most, if not all, of the Western Healers can be located.

Pet

- A small Keaton. Captured by Warriors top-side, I was assigned to nurse this near-dead animal back to health without the use of magic. Most of the students released their subjects when they were finished with their project, but I took a liking to the little guy and kept him. He's a tiny thing, and usually rides around on my shoulder, providing a second set of senses to keep a lookout for danger while I'm topside.

Backstory

- I was born here. This is all that I've ever known. These caves; these stone walls that keep us in. That keep us safe from the evil outside. And yet... I want more. Even though I know that if I were to venture outside, I would be killed by a stray Stalfos, I want to venture beyond these caverns. I want to go outside. I want freedom. I want to help.

I am not a warrior. I can't fight. I'm small and slight, not very many muscles adorn my thin frame. I can dodge, though, so there's something for me. I'm creative and stuff, although lately I've been working more on learning things to help the people who actually fight.

Since I can't actually fight, and since I have no intention of being a cave-farmer like my parents, I have decided to be a Healer. Yep, that's right, I'm going to be right in on the action. Well, at least, I will be. After I go through the Healer's Academy. See, when we first moved here, our people missed the societal and governmental structures that they once had, and decided to try and recreate their old systems as much as possible, out of nostalgia. Whether or not they succeeded, well, I have no idea.

The elders speak of the Old World all the time, yet I cannot help but feel that a lot of what they tell us is nothing more than nostalgia induced musings. If they were to believed, this "Northern Hyrule" is a place safe from Ganon's clutches. Where people can walk from one top-side city to another and not fear attack. Where a boy can come home from play and not discover that his eldest sister was killed by a Stalfos. Where food is plentiful, and nobody worked for anything. How much of that is true, I do not know. However... I wish to find out. Someday.

Moving away from my longing tangent, I decided to propose to my family that I was going to go through the HA. They took the news well; I think they were just happy that I had decided to go into a less dangerous profession than my sis had.

I applied, and was tested. Thoroughly. Finally, I was informed that I was to be admitted on a probationary basis. Apparently, I wasn't 'dedicated to the cause' enough for their liking. Pffft.

HA's been going pretty well. I'll spare you the intricate details of the place, and just skip to the good stuff. Where I go topside for the first time, into the warm sunlight.

I emerged from the caves, eager to see that world that I had only dreamed of. I was ready to meet lush, green foliage, and feel the warm sunlight caress my face. Well, I got all that and more, and it was wonderful. What was less wonderful was the contingent of Moblins that we immediately ran into. My first taste of battle was... both gruesome and anticlimactic at the same time. There were no heroic deaths, no final dramatic curses against Ganon, just death and dying. It all happened so fast, that I never really got a chance to actually heal somebody.

Horribly, my chance arrived when this one grizzled old guy stabbed a Moblin in the eye. Right after getting his stomach impaled. Ouch. He staggered backwards, collapsing against an oak tree. I ran forward, warily keeping an eye out for approaching Moblins. I knelt down at his side, and examined the wound.

HA hadn't prepared me well enough for this. We, the students, had been warned of the gruesome wounds that we would encounter, but words failed to capture the harsh reality that I faced. Blood everywhere, a spear stuck in his stomach, a nasty hole, pain flashing across the face, weak hands clutching the spear. Trying to remove it.

I grabbed his wrists, gently moving them away from the spear. Had to keep that in; it stemmed the blood flow. This man was dying from a nasty gut wound, there was no time to get him underground. This had to be dealt with here and now. I took a deep breath. Bandages and herbal ointments would do nothing here, this needed full-on spellcasting.

First things first; removing that spear. Normally, I would have kept it in, but I was about to heal him. For that to work properly, that spear needed to go.

I grabbed it with both hands, no time for subtlety right now, pull! Looking at the increased blood flow, I wonder; did I do the right thing? I shook myself mentally. No time for that. This man needed healing; and fast!

I lowered my hands onto the fading hero, and closed my eyes, feeling my inner magic flow in my veins. I focused my magic, concentrating every spark that I possessed into my palms, feeling the warm glow that it brought to my hands.

I took a deep, calming breath. The magic was there, now I needed to guide it. Simply releasing all my magic into the man would prove disastrous. Behind my closed eyelids, my eyes twitched. The magical flow was completely coiled in my hands now, like several tons of water behind a wooden dam.

"Heal." The surge of magic, so long contained, burst free, flowing forth into the man, pinpointing the wounds most in need of assistance. The most critical area was, of course, his stomach, so that was where I sent the majority of the sparks. The rest wandered across his frame, alighting on minor bruises and lacerations and sinking into them.

Of course, this spell wasn't as simple as point and click. If it had, there would be no need for a Healer's Academy. The sparks were still connected to me, and it took all of my concentration to maintain the link between me and them. It entered my head that if a Moblin decided to attack, I would be totally defenseless. I shook the thought away, time to worry about that later. Besides, if the Moblins had managed to overcome the whole group, I wasn't going to survive anyway. I would just have to trust Keaton (my pet) to inform me if a Moblin decided to pay me a visit.

I exhaled sharply, feeling the damage done to both skin and internal organs. Time to start patching those up, then. His small intestines had taken the most of the hit, completely severed and gushing forth various... um, fluids. Those needed to get out, too. Didn't want them poisoning the body on top of everything else. Okay, step one; fix the intestines. I inhaled sharply, feeling the magical sparks twitch according to my will. I directed them to the severed tracts, making them almost sew the small intestines back together. With every fix, I felt the quantity of remaining sparks decrease, and I felt myself ebb with their loss. Moment this was over; I was passing out big time.

The small intestines were fixed, now I needed to 'purge' his body of all the fluids. This would take a lot more sparks. I directed them to almost join with the fluids, causing all the blood and other substances to flow out of his body via massive hole. Not a single drop left.

Very few sparks remained, and I knew unconsciousness was approaching. I could tell, because of the darkness, eating away at the corners of my vision. But no matter; I would remain conscious long enough to finish the job. At this point, there was really only one thing needed.

The man had long since fainted, and I didn't blame him. This would not be a pleasant experience to go through awake. Must've passed out from shock, blood loss, pain, and possibly a concussion, seeing as how hard he slammed his head into that tree. But there wasn't much I could do for those at the moment, so I put them out of my mind.

I took the few remaining sparks and began to gather all the torn, ripped, or otherwise absent skin together back into place. I knew that I could've used my hands, but I was afraid that using both my physical and mental faculties at the same time in such a way might break the connection between me and the life-saving sparks. That would be bad.

All the skin was together. Now I just needed to sew them back together. Magically, of course. Hey, the sparks were there, why not? At this point, though, I was beginning to relax, and I shook myself. This man was not out of danger yet. Yes, his intestines were fixed, and all internal injuries had been dealt with, but there was still a massive hole in his stomach. Death via blood loss was still a huge possibility. My magic was currently keeping the blood back in his veins, but I didn't know how much longer that would last. In fact, I needed to hurry before the mere act of holding the blood back caused real damage. I gritted my teeth in frustration- why did Hylians have to be so weak? The smallest thing, and poof! We're gone.

My sparks finished sewing the skin back together, and his blood flowed normally again. I breathed a sigh of relief, then flushed his body with all the remaining healing sparks in my possession. I may have healed him, but he would have a massive hangover, as well as several other equally unpleasant things, when he woke up. These sparks would function as a general pick-me-up, easing his pain and allowing for a swifter, and better, recovery.

I leaned back, preparing to cut the connection between the sparks and myself. All my sparks had been used up, and the rest had sunk into his body, having received their orders.

My world spun, and I fell backwards, my head alighting on something cool and soft. Well, well, well. I grinned as the darkness completely took over my vision. My first time out on the job, and I had saved a life. Not bad, eh?
  2. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Pretty good. The mechanics all check out and I like the backstory. The character itself is pretty interesting too. Consider it...

[​IMG]

(Thanks to D from NSM RPG for the image :happy: )
  3. Quill

Current Character Sheet

((Created with real guidance from Rib over a two day period, finalized 2/23/12))

Name

- Marcus Heilari

- 18 years old

- Male

Race

- Hylian

Place of Origin

- Refugee of the Western Caves

PWC

1/4/2
    (Regular Update: 1/5/2)
    (Veteran Update: 2/5/2)

Occupation

- Healer
    - Alchemist (level 3)

Treasures

- Life
    After spending a few seconds concentrating their magical power, the user unleashes a healing force on a nearby ally, mending their wounds, curing their poisons, and ridding them of non-fatal diseases. It cannot bring one back from unconsciousness or death, however. The spell can also be used on oneself, but takes more time to concentrate--just under a minute. Regardless of the intended target, if the user's concentration is interrupted, the spell cannot be cast and they will need to start it over once again.

- Sense
    Those with this ability will detect the presence of and vague location of other living creatures purely by instinct, particularly those who are dangerous or intent on doing them harm. The range of this sense is roughly five meters, and penetrates all forms of barriers, even those which deflect magic.

- Spin Attack
    After taking a moment to focus their strength into their weapon, the user spins around once or twice in quick succession with their weapon outstretched, which sends out a potent wave of force in all directions around the user. The length and force of the wave depends on the weapon and the user's reach (e.g., a spear will have a longer wave, and a mace will have a blunt wave while a sword will have a slicing wave). If this technique is used in mid-air, the user will be suddenly propelled upwards several feet.

If multiple practitioners of this technique stand back-to-back and unleash it simultaneously, their weapon waves will combine force and stack on top of one another, extending their reach.

- [Addition: Nayru's Affection]

- [Addition: Blue Candle]

- [Addition: Magic Rod]

- [Addition: Jinx]

- [Addition: Magic Bean Supply]

- [Addition: Deku Baba Potion]

- [Addition: Potion of Lynel]

- [Addition: 2 Razor Seeds]

- [Addition: 1 Pegasus Seed]

- [Addition: Spark]

Rupees

- 248r

Height

- 5'7"

Weight

- 127 lbs

Residence

- Depends. What's the date?

Backstory

- My parents never lived to see the Western Caves. They were killed by Moblins during the annihilation of Saria. They died protecting me, so that I might reach safety, or so I've been told. I don't remember much of them; I was only a baby at the time, after all. I was raised instead by my uncle and older sister, living as any child would in the Western Caves. At age 9, we began school; training in the art of survival, learning vital combat skills and basic enemy physiology, and acknowledging the necessity of running and hiding when the situation called for it.

One basic skill we all worked hard on learning from that young age was the Spin Attack. The theory behind it was simple; spin around with a weapon. However, the actual application of that theory to real life was much harder than anticipated. I was never particularly strong, and swords were always far too heavy for me. However, the Spin Attack was part of the curriculum, so my teachers insisted on me mastering it. One day, as I was sparring against another student, I lost control of my weapon. I spun out of control, and my sword flailed all around me. It slid through her side like butter, carving a deep gash into her body.

Thankfully, there was a Healer standing ready for just such an occasion, so no lasting harm was done. However, to a little 9 year old boy, it was the end of the world. All that blood, my fault. I could never so much as touch a sword again, because when I did I would see the red blade, and feel the wet grip squish beneath my fingers.

My uncle, a retired Tracker, did his best to help me move on from it, but I was still traumatized. I absolutely refused to touch another sword, and he eventually gave up. He convinced the teachers to let me slide on the Spin Attack, and they ceased pressuring me. As one of the upper-level teachers at the Trails, an institution dedicated to the education of Trackers, he held a certain amount of weight with them. Not that he needed any; none of them enjoyed forcing a sword into a screaming child's hand.

My sister, a skilled Warrior in her own right, contributed greatly to my recovery. Instead of trying to force an unwelcome discipline upon me, she took me to the Library almost every day. I spent hours just sitting there, reading all different kinds of books. Books on fantasy, books on magical theory, books on battle strategies, and books on the great Hylian legends of old. This focus on my strengths, her effort to build upon my natural love of knowledge, helped ease much of the post-traumatic stress I was experiencing.

She was... very different than me. Where I was quite willing to merely sit in the Library and read my life away, she was never content unless she was actively doing something to make a difference. A strong Warrior who drew power from her emotions, she succeeded in every mission assigned to her, never failing to meet her quota. Eventually, she made it onto the Warrior A-list of Central Allocations, the branch of the government dedicated to the attainment and allocation of necessary resources only found top-side. But, no matter how busy or important she got, she always found time to take me to the Library every few days.

Nothing lasts forever, especially not in a place like the Western Caves. Central Allocations decided to begin sending her as part of scouting expeditions, deep into the Outskirts of the Western Caves. She was to escort cartographers, architects, botanists, and bureaucrats to new caverns, to begin scoping for the development of new complexes. Halfway to a newly discovered site, they were beset by a group of Stalfos. She managed to single-handedly hold back the enemy forces while her squadron escorted its weak, wounded, and injured away to safety.

She was awarded Farore's Emblem as a monument to her bravery. Posthumously. I wear it around my neck, as a reminder of her sacrifice.

When I came to a certain age, I enrolled in the Healer's Academy. The classes were strenuous and demanding, but the effort was well worth it. I graduated at the top of my class, and was immediately put on Central Allocation's B-list, a grand start for someone who just graduated. Perhaps it was the family relation, or maybe it was the necessity for Healers that caused the decision. Whatever it was, I wasn't complaining. Healers were in high demand, as one was required for every trip made top-side or into the Outskirts, and I was sure to get in plenty of practice.

Equipment

- A small dagger, standard issue to all Healers who go topside. The clothes on my back, of course- practical brown leggings and an equally brown tunic. The dagger is strapped to a dark belt at my waist, and on the opposite side of the belt hangs a small pouch, containing a few bandages and some pain-relieving ointments. Strapped to my back is a large water pouch, because nobody wants to suffer heat-stroke while topside. Or underground, for that matter. Around my neck hangs a small pendant; Farore's Emblem, tucked underneath my shirt.

Appearance

- I have calm blue eyes, and black hair that hangs down to shoulder-level. Standing at approximately 5 feet 7 inches, I am the average height for a 16 year old male Hylian. I am below the average weight, as a Healer doesn't usually bulk up quite so much as a Warrior does. My skin is pale, due to a sheltered life in the Western Caves. I have no real scars, aside from the normal bumps and bruises obtained from a childhood spent clambering over rocks.

UPDATE: Long hair is not at all practical, and it can get annoying during long excursions into forgotten temples or enemy fortresses. I've cut it down to my ears, and it's much easier to deal with now. I've gained some weight, thankfully- and it's all muscle, too. Thanks to my magic, my excursions out into the the more deadly corners of Hyrule haven't left me with any scars. My skin has tanned a little, but not much; I tend to burn more than darknen, and I still try to stay out of the sun whenever possible.

Pet

- A small Keaton. Captured by Warriors top-side, I was assigned to nurse this near-dead animal back to health without the use of magic. Most of the students released their subjects when they were finished with their project, but I took a liking to the little guy and kept him. He's a tiny thing, and usually rides around on my shoulder, providing a second set of senses to keep a lookout for danger while I'm topside.

Personality

- I have always been more logical than emotional. Genetics, I suppose. I'd much rather take a step back and calmly analyze a situation than get in close and allow my emotions to run rampant.

I was raised in the Western Caves, a climate constantly charged with the eminent expectation of the swift strike of death. The morbidity, the grim reality of life under the earth, the practicality of survival, all of it instilled within me a blunt, practical streak that would remain rooted within me to the present day.

When I was 9 years old, I lost control of my weapon and scored a deep gash in a girl's side. I have never touched a sword again, and even carrying the standard-issue dagger is uncomfortable for me. More than that, violence itself has become hard for me to partake in. The idea of hurting someone like that again causes my stomach to clench into a tight ball of nerves, and if I think on it too long I run the risk of throwing up.

That training incident was also one of the reasons why I became a Healer; subconsciously, I wanted to make amends. Every time that I looked at someone who was bleeding and dying, I would be able to make up for what I did. This reason may not even be a conscious one, but it was present, a definite driving force behind my actions and decisions.

My conscious reason for becoming a Healer was straightforward and logical. I wanted to prevent people from being hurt like my sister. Since I wouldn't fight, I learned to heal. I would save the next sister, and spare her family the pain that mine went through.

The Healer's Academy taught me the sanctity of human life, the value of compassion, and the inestimable worth of the human spirit, things I hold close to my heart to this day (metaphorically speaking, of course).

This is why I have dedicated all of my abilities to the protection of others. Because I will not allow any to suffer the same fate as my sister. Because human life is sacred, and should be protected. Because it is my duty, as one aware and one capable, to defend life wherever I go.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  4. Quill

2/25/12

Marcus' stay above ground has taught him many things, and the constant intellectual and magical exercise that comes with adventuring has served to 'wipe away the cobwebs' in his mind, so to speak. What was hazy and muddled inside his head has been cleared out by his experiences, and his sharpened mind is reflected in his increased Wisdom score, making his PWC score 1/5/2.
  5. Quill

6/28/12

On his first mission, Marcus Heilari was assigned to accompany a band of heroes as they eliminated a growing Skultula menace in an uncharted cave to the north of the Western Caves. He was joined by a spell scholar named Zajora, and five other assorted adventurers. During the battle with the Skultula nest, in which Marcus was given the "Blue Candle," Marcus and an injured Zajora were trapped behind a landslide. Luckily, Zajora was in posession of a teleportation spell, and they were transported safely to Hyrule Castle Town. Marcus healed Zajora, and in return the mage taught him the spell, "Nayru's Affection."

Pre-Skultula: 0
    Skultula: 50 - 40 (Nayru's Affection) - 10 (Blue Fire)
    Post-Skultula: 0
  6. Quill

6/28/12

Marcus, accompanied by his associate, Loft, were sent by an unknown force into the dead land of Ikana. While they were there, they joined forces with an old soldier, Jacob, and his companion, a wyvern named Eysseth. The entrance to the Ikanan castle was sealed, and as they made their way through a well, which contained a hidden passageway into the castle, Jacob explained that he had been sent to investigate an unsettlingly rapid increase of undead power in the area. Their fears were quickly confirmed as they stumbled across a great battle, a hundred feet beneath the earth. The Stalfos, which they discovered to be civilized (if dead) citizens of Ikana, were fighting to contain a great horde of Re-deads and Gibdos, mindless zombies which were controlled by a single, unknown power. Marcus and Loft, who had been sent to different locations throughout space and time to combat mysterious forces, realized that this was the reason behind their presence. They requested an audience with the Stalfos king, King Igos du Ikana, and after they proved their worth in a trial by combat the king granted them aid, and gave them instructions. The source of the undead power, he explained, resided in the Stone Tower Temple, which was located above the Castle. He entreated them to save his kingdom, and granted them safe passage to the Temple.

Pre-Ikana: 0
    Ikana: 15
    Post-Ikana: 15
  7. Quill

6/28/12

The Great Freeze was rapidly turning Hyrule into a land of ice and snow. Royal mages managed to pinpoint the location of the blizzard's origin, however none of the soldiers which had been sent to investigate returned. They had also managed to determine that the mastermind behind the storm was a Wizzrobe of ungodly power, and the royalty sent out a plea for aid, promising riches to whomever brought the Wizzrobe's head to the royal court. Marcus and Zajora, joined by an insane boy named Loft and the egotistical Captain Peveril, managed to kill the Wizzrobe, at the cost of the Captain's life. Marcus and Loft were both granted 45 rupees, and Marcus said goodbye to his companion, Zajora, who left with a reward of 75 rupees. The remaining 135 rupees were given to the Captain's family, and Marcus and Loft left Hyrule Castle Town with no particular destination in mind.

Pre-Wizzrobe: 15
    Wizzrobe: 15 + 45
    Post-Wizzrobe: 60
  8. Quill

8/16/12

Marcus was exploring the tainted waters of Woodfall with a Hylian soldier named Julius, when the two of them glanced behind them and realized that Loft was missing. Upon further exploration of the area, they came across the site of a ritual offering. A Temple rose up from the poisoned swamp, and they entered it. They eventually reunited with Loft, met up with the child-mage Zajora, and explored the Temple together. Despite the sudden disappearance of Julius and Zajora, Marcus and Loft continued their trek through the Temple, and eventually managed to find, and slay, the Jungle Warrior Odolwa. With the Demon vanquished, the waters of Woodfall were purified, and Marcus and Loft left the Temple, but not before Marcus claimed 15 of Loft's 30 newly discovered rupees.

Pre-Woodfall: 60
    Post-Woodfall: 75
  9. Quill

10/29/12

The Goddesses called on Marcus, Loft, and one other man, a thief named Sec, to cleanse the Skyview Temple and save the Kikwis who lived within it. The Kikwis had been driven underground by the Wizzrobe, and they had managed to contain it within their sacred spring by sealing the door with a floral key. After retreiving the key and navigating a maze, the trio had entered the sacred spring to battle the Summoning Wizzrobe. They defeated it, returned the sacred spring to its natural state, and received rupees as thanks. Marcus received 25, Loft received 25, and Sec received 40.

Pre-Skvyiew: 75
    Post-Skyview: 100
  10. Quill

11/4/12

Marcus, bored with curing cuts and bruises at an Impan hospital, takes up a job offered to him by a robed mage. He, along with a bumbling knight named Sayomi, go to a cave on the beach to discover that their clients were actually Ganon-worshippers, and were going to resurrect a demon that would decimate all of Impa. Marcus and Sayomi were joined by Jacob, Phiorra, and Rogue, and together they managed to destroy the resurrected Vire and kill the murderous mages. After talking his way out of incarceration, Marcus obtained a Magic Rod, taken from the corpse of the man who originally offered him the job.

Pre-Demon Slayer: 100r
    Demon Slayer: 100 - 60 (Magic Rod for W5) + 50 (Quest Rupee Reward)
    Post-Demon Slayer: 90r
  11. Quill

12/4/12

Marcus (and Loft) continued the Ikanan adventure, working with the civilized Stalfos to keep the growing forces of the mindless Re-deads under control. With the full support of Captain Keeta and the Ikanan King, they breached the Stone Tower Temple's defences and worked their way up the top. There, they found a mysterious portal that sent them into an alternate world of endless sands and sunless skies. They, together with Jacob and Eysseth, combated the source of the Re-deads' power: two enormous worms that writhed through the air and burrowed under the sands. Having defeated them, they returned to the base of the Temple and received their rewards. Marcus received 25 rupees for his contributions.

Pre-Ikana: 90r
    Ikana: 90r+25r
    Post-Ikana: 115r
  12. Quill

12/25/12

The Day of Three has come, and with it, fifteen rupees.

Pre-Day: 115r
    Day: 115r + 15r
    Post-Day: 130r
  13. Quill

01-05-13

I'm a Veteran! For prereq purposes, Marcus' score is being increased to 2/5/2. In-game reason: Marcus' time spent delving through ancient temples and banishing the evils within have strengthened his body and given him muscles that, as a scholar, he's never had before.
  14. Quill

+10 rupees for Marvelous TK
  15. Quill

02/03/13

A mage cursed many citizens of Hyrule Castle Town, turning his helpless victims into stone. The guards had apprehended him, but they were unable to find a cure. With the aid of Terrel, a grizzled huntress with an aching loss, Marcus was able to procure an alchemical cure from an ancient woman in the forest beyond the city. His interest in Alchemy was born, and with the mage providing a lead on Terrel's situation, Marcus could honestly say that it had been a very good day.

Alchemy Level 1
  16. Quill

6/18/2013

The mage from earlier provided them with a name and a location. Marcus and Terrel entered in disguise, posing as thieves looking for work to try and sniff out the location of the boy Terrel so desperately sought. Unfortunately, halfway through the operation the city guards busted in, and the pub dissolved into chaos. Still, they knew more than they had before.

Pre-Dirt: 165r
    Dirt: 165r + 50r - 20r + 5r
    Post-Dirt: 200r

Alchemy Level 2
  17. Quill

9/2/13

Marcus and Loft, together with a wild Gerudo and a few unfriendly Ikanans, plumbed the depths of an ancient temple that led them into what seemed to be the underworld itself. After fighting off undead enemies and reversing the poisonous effects of a toxic river of sludge, Marcus was forced to use his Magic Rod one too many times to prevent his companions from all killing each other. Exhausted, he fell to the ground, his energy depleted and his magic spent. When he awoke, he found the crystal of his Magic Rod to be filled with a swirling, nauseous purple gas. The aura of the place had filled the vacuum left in the Rod, and when he touched it, it was sucked into his own body. He flushed out his system pretty quickly, but he remembered the gas' incapacitating touch.

Pre-Ancient Cistern: 200r
    Ancient Cistern: 200r + 25r - Jinx (30r)
    Ancient Cistern: 195r
  18. Marcus

Marcus Logical Healer new

Rupees:
    Member:
    Quill
    A sub-account all for me. I like it.
  19. Quill

Because Marcus has a sub-account, he gets the Magic Bean Supply and 10 rupees. Huzzah!
  20. Quill

A Zora woman's eggs were stolen by a band of Gerudo thieves, and Marcus volunteered himself and Loft to get them back. It was hard- they didn't have any companions, and there were a lot of Gerudo who were more powerful than they- but they managed to get all the eggs back to their home. Marcus was reminded of his own limits after fighting a Priestess with much more magical power and skill than himself. It was only by threatening an idol of the Sand Goddess that he managed to save himself and Loft from an icy death.

Pre-Gerudo Fortress: 205r
    Gerudo Fortress: 205r + 0r
    Post-Gerudo Fortress: 205r
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.