Marks of the Goddesses

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Magnere, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Name: Marks of the Goddesses
    PWC: N/A
    Field(s): Empower.

Function:
    I've been struggling to come up with a function for this treasure for months now, but I'm not even quite certain what I would like. My original idea, was that the treasure represented a specific mark of the goddess that your character was devoted to. Such as a devout follower of Din, Nayru, or Farore.

The mark could be anything from like, a medallion to a tattoo or even a branding if one were to wish for such extremes. As long as it clearly showed the goddesses's mark, almost anything would suffice. Said mark would also be able to glow on thought alone, effectively proving their authenticity, shining brighter the more devoted the follower was.

As suggested by Squishy, these marks could quite simply, give you a more permanent effect of the three goddess songs. Din's Power, Nayru's Wisdom, and Farore's Courage. With the respective goddesses's songs abilities always being applied to you. Of course, I assume this would be classified as a major treasure.

In any case, There is a downside to these treasures as well. The exact severity could be debated upon, but essentially, the further you stray from your goddess, the weaker these marks become. Until eventually, they mean nothing anymore, and do not even glow anymore.

If anyone does have, say a character who follows Din or Nayru, or even one that I've missed and follows Farore, feel free to speak your own opinion on what you'd like in a treasure such as this.

Marks of Goddesses (open)

[​IMG]
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    While this is a neat idea, I would like to see its effects expanded upon. That said, it currently can't be added.
  3. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

As a potential expansion upon their effect each mark could enhance the effectiveness of the element associated with each Goddess. Fire for Din, Water for Nayru, and Wind for Farore. In addition to the song effect being applied to the bearer of the mark. The enhancement could be making the element stronger, or perhaps easier to wield (counts as an additional level of magic power for that element alone perhaps?)

Maybe the marks could grant the protections of the Goddess to the bearer. The more devout the follower the stronger the protection. Though this idea would probably require a way to keep track of how devout the follower is with different levels of protection based on how devout they are. While I think this would be interesting, it also feels like far more trouble to flesh out.

On the other side of the coin we could make it a really cheap/free treasure that is only used to more easily identify the truly devout and only has the light up effect. Probably not the direction you were wanting to take with this Mag, but it is a possibility. Though personally I would prefer something stronger as a future treasure for Hanno.
  4. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    I did have an idea where all it did, was just make some treasures cheaper depending on what goddess you chose. Such as fire and earth treasures cheaper for Din, water and ice for Nayru, and wind and forest for Farore? It more than likely wouldn't combine with specialty, and this might honestly replace specialty instead, but it was a decent idea nonetheless.

As for the whole devout thing... That's alot of work to bother with. Keeping track of exactly how devout the follow is depending on their actions would take up quite a large amount of time and effort. However I could easily see it giving protection. Perhaps like, protecting the follower from their associated elements as stated before? Lots of possible ideas.
  5. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

I think the easiest way to set up the devout level would be to set it up similar to a profession where they pay to increase the level instead of points per action or anything. Would just have to make sure they don't act in ways that oppose their chosen Goddess. Of course any bonuses would have to be planned and yada yada, and maybe even have multiple levels where things don't change but every 3-5 levels maybe. Depends on how strong the final protection would be on how hard/expensive it would be to get.

So possible effects include:

A more permanent effect of the three songs
    Act as a level of Magic Power for the elements associated with each Goddess
    Act as something akin to specialty, abeit weaker, for the elements associated with each Goddess
    Act as a power buff to the elements associated with each Goddess
    Provide protection against the element associated with each Goddess

I think that was all of them so far. Aside from the glowing mark part with is the only truly guaranteed effect thus far.