Zelda's "Tell All" Speech from Skyward Sword Re-Translated

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by darklink28, Sep 5, 2013.

1. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I received a translation from a user on Zelda Universe of Zelda's speech to Link where she basically "tells all" in Skyward Sword before she goes into a deep sleep. The thing I was most interested in: does she actually say that one needs an unbreakable spirit to wield the Triforce, or was that simply NoA's creation? The entire speech is essentially the narrative of "The Legend of Zelda", so, I felt it was important to get a proper translation of it. Yamikawa was kind of enough to translate it for me, so for that, I thank him very much.

It's long, so bear with it. I'm posting Kana, Romaji, Yamikawa's Translation, and then NoA's translation, in that order.

A few quick comments:

Zelda never speaks of an "unbreakable spirit" in the Japanese version, she only alludes to the fact that Link now possesses a strong soul and the wisdom, courage, and power necessary to wield the Triforce.

Zelda also talks about the "God's Tribe", and this is the first I have ever heard of that -- when referring to those who cannot use the Triforce. It makes sense now that at the end of SS Shuuen no Mono's "curse" is more of a declaration of War against the God's tribe and those who defend it. It also makes me think that at the end, the "Demon Tribe's Realm" is the antithesis to the Silent Realm, which I believe to be the Sacred Realm, which is the God's Tribe Realm. But that's another theory for another time.

It would be interesting if the "God's Tribe" and the "Demon Tribe" have something to do with the Triforce and 'Shadow' Triforce in ALBW...