You find yourself in a tavern(Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons if that's what you like)

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by Chi, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

Alright I'm thinking about coming back to the boards in a major way, and this might be my first step back. I'm wishing to start a Pathfinder* campaign in a thread-type format. I'm going to ask and hope I can receive a few people who'd be willing to play. Right now I'm trying to work up how I'm going to deal with rolling dice, because the only method I can currently see is that I'm going to have to place total trust in my players to use a default dice roller of my suggestion and not fudge the numbers.

I will try my best to show up once a day and continue the thread, possibly more often, if everyone is willing to do the same. The only concern I have is combat, in which case, when a combat starts up, I will try to get multiple post in as quickly as I can, and hope everyone involved is on and capable of keeping up so that a single combat doesn't drag on for weeks at a time.

I'm looking for 3-4 people at least who are slightly interested before I put too much effort in putting everything together.

*For the uninformed, Pathfinder is an offshoot of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 that simplifies some rules

Edit: ONLY SO MANY SLOTS AVAILABLE MESSAGE ME YOUR CHARACTER IDEAS
    Character Slots:
    1: Eternis
    2: Ultra5
    3: Squishy
    4: Razgriz
    5: now available
    6: now available
    7: now available
    8: now available
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hm. I would perhaps be interested. Life may come crashing down on me in the next month or so, so I dunno yet if I actually could.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Simpler? Pathfinder like tripled the complexity of e3.5. That's what's great about it! :haa:

But anyway, you already know I'll want to join.

As for dice-rollers, I'll put any xenForo extension you can find that will do the job. Alternatively, we could just trust you to do it. (I would think the latter method would take less back-and-forth; and forum-based PF sessions are slow as it is.)
  4. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Yeah, why not.
  5. Chi

I thought about this and I'm straddled between the ideas of how much faster and easier it makes everything, and the idea of the dice not blatantly being shown in front of their eyes, which tends to lead to thoughts of "the GM killed my character" when shit gets that bad, despite well intended thoughts otherwise (Not saying this is true in all cases though).

and that makes 3 people at minimum, sounds good. I still want more people to say they're interested but I'll work on writing out what everyone needs to know and stuff.
  6. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I think I once tried something like this and it was pretty okay, so count me in! c:
  7. Chi

When it comes to Character creation, I want Guy (or anyone with knowledge of how the rules work) to put them aside and to make a character in terms of personality and such first. do not worry about stats and the like (Because I haven't even told most of you how to do them :P). Only thing I need you to think of is Race/Class. Deity/homeland is entirely up to you, it can be whatever the heck you want within the confines of reasonableness

Go Here:
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home

You can use any of the Core or Base classes listed on the site (since prestige classes have requirements a Level 1 PC cannot meet). For races however, You can play as any of the Core/Featured(under Other races) Races, or possibly an Uncommon race with my permission.

Private message me with the Personality/Backstory/blah blah blah of your character, and after I approve of what I want, I'll work with you on actually making the character's stats (Except for you guy, you know what you're doing)
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I want to play a crazy kleptomanic half-elf bitch who forgot that she was supposed to be feminine and graceful. Really just uses any excuse she can find to steal stuff from people she doesn't already know. She's twisted, secretly self-loathing, and vicious, but would rather leave someone tied to a stump than kill anyone. Probably Barbarian, potentially Martial Artist or Ranger; more distant possibilities include Rogue, finesse-Fighter, Gunslinger (if we're doing that sort of campaign), or a lucky fool who was born with Sorcerous powers.

:haa:

Anyway, do you want me to message you with a more complete write-up (like the others)? Secondly, are we using a point-buy method, or are we rolling for our ability scores?
  9. Chi

Yes Guy I would like a more complete write up in a message >.<. Anyways I am going to say that we're going to be doing point buy, specifically 20 point. Average gold blah blah blah.
  10. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

How many traits?
  11. Chi

Everyone gets two traits (these aren't related to racial traits like "Elven magic" or "Stonecunning" they're character specific event-related things), unless they decide to take a third by taking a drawback as well.

Something for everyone that I neglected to mention:

Create an account here and use it to manage your character sheet, when everything's done link me the direct link of the sheet in a private message.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php
  12. Chi

Okay I can only take so many people, guys. Not so fast, seriously >.>.

Character Slots:
    1: Eternis
    2: Available
    3: Available
    4: Available
  13. Lich-Kun

Lich-Kun New Member reg

I want to play it!
  14. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

15. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin