Wind Waker HD is live for download! [NA]

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Ribitta, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I figured I'd prop up a thread for posting about this game as it's being played now. I started the download this morning before I left for school, though. Anyone else gotten it yet? If not, when/will you?
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I'm waiting for the Physical copy, cannot wait to play it lol. You'll have to tell me how it is when you play it.
  3. Ribitta

I will for sure. Will you play on Hero Mode? Right off the bat or after you beat it once?
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I'm going to beat it once, then play Hero Mode. When is the physical release date?
  5. Ribitta

Should be October 4th. Are you pre-ordering it or just going to swing by when it's out?
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I already have it preordered.
  7. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Totally starting in Hero Mode. Aww yeah bud; bring it ON!
  8. meanea

meanea New Member reg

Preordered it a couple weeks ago with the special edition figurine of Ganondorf. VERY excited.
  9. Ribitta

Dang! I was really bummed out when I realized I was too late to get the special edition preorder, or I definitely would've gone for it. I bet if you never unboxed that thing you could make a nice profit in a few years time.
  10. meanea

meanea New Member reg

I bet I would! ... But that also means I wouldn't be able to rip that baby open and finally play through Wind Waker ;p
  11. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Sorry my coverage has been late! Computer, work, and family stuff. But this week look for it!
  12. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Pre-ordered it, got it on the day of digital release, bundled with the special edition of the Wii U.

*dons sunglasses*

Got 100% Completion in Hero Mode: salvaged all Treasure Charts, found every Heart Piece, and completed the Nintendo Gallery.

*dons more sunglasses*

Almost done with my three-heart, one-bottle, no-magic-armor Minimalist Run in Hero Mode.
    Bitoko likes this.
  13. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    FPS mode is a gimmick. aiming with the right stick is awkward. Tons of jagged shadows. Graphical glitches (like when tetra's triforce pieces come together, there's still an outline that's not there in the GCN version).

Some great things, and I can list so much more, but all in all it feels rushed. It looks really good, but that just makes the visual flaws all the worse.
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I actually really like the fact I can aim a projectile and move simultaneously, which is what "FPS" seems to do.

I got accustomed to aiming with the right stick in seconds; it feels much more natural to me, considering it controls the camera anyway.

I've heard numerous complaints of jagged shadows and graphical glitches, but to me, the only problem is that there's a bloom effect when there shouldn't be one. I tend to not notice graphics and graphical differences, though. To me, it looks almost exactly the same, just in higher resolution.

The Swift Sail is a perfect addition. It, combined with some other little speed-ups like a faster salvage hook, help make ocean sequences swift and more enjoyable. Even the fact you can check Tingle Bottles while sailing helps to ease the impatience reminiscent of the first game.

The shortening of the Triforce Quest (by having 6/9 pieces get drawn straight from the chest, in place of Triforce Charts) is iffy, but I can see why the did it. Likewise, the fact a Deluxe Pictograph automatically shows you whether or not a pic is good for making a figurine made the Nintendo Gallery almost too easy... but it was infamously difficult in the first place, I suppose.

Hero Mode is the greatest, simplest thing they could have done to this game, and they did it. Even in Hero Mode, however, Wind Waker still feels like the easiest game in the series... I didn't even die until I started a three-heart challenge of it.