When I Said I Could Go For Sushi, This Was Not What I Meant (Mag/Ink)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Magnere, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    All Marina do was stare, and then begin to laugh. "Oh, that is just priceless. The poor magical being, with a single cut on their face." She rolled her eyes in literal disgust. "Boo hoo. Taking her anger out on the child and me, when it was her fault for staying up there anyways. As I was busy saving Seven's life, you were too busy telling me I didn't know how to look after a child. Ironic."

The fish lady rolled her eyes yet again. "Besides, you can't just flail wildly into a swarm of Keese when you are outnumbered. You have to smoke those suckers out of there." She slowly began to shift closer towards Fairy Blue, not taking any of her sass. "But let me guess, you would have had a better plan for avoiding those keese, or better yet killing them? Stay quiet and hope that they don't notice you, or take the guaranteed route safely underwater? Would you want Seven to stay up there and get scratched to bits and potentially die?"

Finally finishing up her wrap on her shoulder, she gripped her trident in her hands. "Who is to say there was even another path above water? You'd be circling the cave, carefully avoiding each and every hole of water as to not slip in and splash to wake up the keese, as well as remaining perfectly silent?"

Marina just shook her head back and forth. Just because something was magical, did not make them smart. Idiotic, she more likely was. You'd think a magical weapon would at least act semi-competent, rather than nothing but disrespectful.

Looking down at Seven, she just smirked a little bit. "Considering I saved your life, you would imagine she'd be grateful. Wouldn't you? Saving her wielder from both drowning and the embarrassing death by Keese... And she even smacks your hand away when you worry for her safety?" Marina shakes her head softly, placing a hand on Seven's shoulder.

Ignoring Fairy Blue, she slowly began to try and lead Seven further into the cave they entered. "Honestly, I'd dump her. But it's your sword kid. Do whatever you want. Just don't let her push you around." She hated magic the most, but bullying children was almost equally hated.

Maybe she overreacted, but Marina didn't think she had so in the slightest. Telling off the rude magical sword was better than stabbing the pompous bitch, after all. And stabbing magical beings was one of her favorite past times.
  2. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

There was a long pause as the ponytailed spirit just looked at Marina with a sort of amusement in her eyes.
    "She doesn't push me around," Seven said, bewildered. "She, uh, has a sense of humour, sure, but that's about it. And she doesn't like me being a worrywart. She's right, I should grow some spine, hmm?"
    Fairy Blue was still just casting that appraising eye over Marina, as if searching for the best spot to stab her.
    "For sure. Up yours too, you ugly bitch," she said eventually, and Seven's head whipped around to look at his spirit in astonishment.

"W-wha-? Fairy Blue, why are you snapping?" he asked, wide-eyed. "Marina is helping us, isn't she?"
    "She's being a backstabber is what she is," the sword spirit replied loftily. "Might I ask, Marina, do you get your kicks out of trying to make children look up to you? I believe that kissing children without their consent is a crime in Hyrule, additionally. Is that your secret? Do you have so much trouble finding lovers due to your frankly hideous looks that you resort to the ways of a succubus and entrap impressionable children?"
    Well, shit, now Seven was stunned. What was Fairy Blue playing at?

"I, uh, would have drowned," he tried, but Fairy Blue shook her head.
    "She could easily have fended off those Keese," the spirit claimed. "She calls herself a hunter of evil and she threw you into the water instead. And now she makes out that she's this champion of good and I'm the dragon bitch who won't let you talk to people,"
  3. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Marina expected this reaction. She could see that Seven was very impressionable, that much was obvious. Hell, Fairy Blue said it herself. But this? Hah. This was just pitiful. After a few seconds of silence she spoke. "Look at that Seven. She doesn't even try and defend herself, just insults me some more."

Marina ever so gently pushed Seven to the side so that if Fairy Blue reacted violently physically against her, that the kid wouldn't be in the way. "And you know what? Maybe 4, 5 years ago those words would have wounded my spirit. But today, do you want to know what they tell me?"

She raised up her trident a little bit as she spoke once again. Not quite a threaten, but a warning. "They show me the truth that I already knew. Magical beings can't be trusted, especially venomous wordsmiths. Doesn't want me to kiss a child, even if it means I saved his life? Do you still think this is how she shows humor, Seven?" She glances back towards the kid for a second before turning her attention back to her. Her anger getting more and more obvious by the second.

"Not once did she even try to defend herself. Not apologizing for being disrespectful to you, diverting all the blame for the keese on me yet again." Marina straight up laughed in her face, a wide smile spreading over those fish lips of hers. "You think you're all that, don't you Fairy Blue? I can't take on an entire swarm of hundreds of Keese by myself, sure. But if you want to fight, how about you use your fists instead of words."

Marina seemed to smile even more at that suggestion. "Yeah, you know what? Go on ahead. If you truly think I could have easily fended off those all those keese, then you'd be stupid to try. But that is besides the point. Go right ahead. Punch me. Raise your fists against the person who saved your wielders life. If you want to go, let's go. But don't you dare put a hand on that child. He stays out of this."

And with that, Marina dropped her trident to the ground and held out her arms. Almost as if she was inviting her to strike.
  4. Electronic Ink

Seven looked lost, like a puppy told to get out, comprehension of the reasoning behind the escalating debate eluding him. Fairy Blue looked livid, both the blade of the sword and her ponytail reflecting fractals of a reddish-violet that twisted and moved with her rage. Never let it be said that Fairy Blue was unintelligent- she recognised a taunt and a threat when she saw one, but regardless, for several long moments it genuinely looked like the sword spirit would move forward and swing her metallic hand into Marina's jaw.

Instead, the spirit let out a small, slightly incredulous laugh, crossing her arms and casting a newly appraising eye over Marina.
    "You're definitely something, fish lady," she said. "Don't get me wrong. I want to belt you one. But that would be directly contrary to my interests right now. I'd advise against continuing to be a bitch, though. My temper is not the kindest,"

Seven bit his lip, teetering on the edge of replying to Marina.

“That’s how parents are sometimes,” he ended up saying, “and Fairy Blue’s closer to my mum than my real mum is. She’s just trying to teach me how to be an adult,”

“Thank you,” Fairy Blue gestured. “Now can we get back to the issue at hand? We are still in a rather oppressive environment. I don’t know about you but I’d rather like to see this through without choking my fellow adventurers,”
  5. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    "Don't talk to me about parents. My mum and dad treated me like a monster. Less than human. I suppose you both would have agreed with them then. Parents might do messed up stuff, but they don't hurt their children. Nobody who hurts an innocent child is capable of love." In an angry huff, she stepped on the tail end of her trident, grabbing it when it flipped upwards.

When Fairy Blue suggested to just get back to business, she had to fight the urge to laugh. She was literally trying to pull this card. Rolling her eyes, she just trudged on ahead. Her anger still rather obvious, but she hoped her last point would get through to Seven at the very least. That kid deserved better, but... It was true. It would be best to have this talk outside of danger. They already had enough to worry about.

Not wanting to delay anymore, she trekked on through the cave they entered. The cave was still just as damp as the rest of the area, but something was strange about it. Things didn't quite... sound right. Almost as if the cave was coming to a dead end beyond her realm of vision. As well as the smell... It was horrible. Almost as if something died in here.

And just like that, the cave did run into a dead end. However, it wasn't as empty as one would expect it to be. There was what seemed to be a rather large pile of mostly dry seaweed, as well as... Eugh. There was a Zora corpse wrapped up inside the whole mess. Marina instinctively covered nose, trying to ignore the filthy smell.

Ignoring anything that the others might say, she dove right in and began to practically loot the Zora. They had some good supplies... but no weaponry. No wonder why they got stuck in this cave and died. Any food they had in their bags was long beyond rotten or half eaten, but there was something quite useful tucked away in the bottom of the bag. There was what seemed to be a huge amount of Silver Scales, just tucked away for safekeeping.

She didn't know what they had them for, but Marina wasn't going to ask questions. She knew exactly what these would be good for. And thank goodness too. If she had to keep helping that boy breath, they'd be delayed a ton. Then again, she wished she had something to help her breath right now. The smell was appalling. Rotting fish was never good. "Hey, get over here. Ignore the smell and take a look at this. I got something useful for ya."
  6. Electronic Ink

"What's that smell?" Seven asked as they moved forwards, reaching up to block his nose.
    "No idea," Fairy Blue said bitterly, gliding after them. Seven glowered after her.
    Marina was not wrong, and that's what really bothered Seven. He wasn't a complete idiot. He knew what parenting was meant to look like. He'd even brought it up to Fairy Blue a few times, in his more petulant moments.

All the other kids don't have to train this hard.
    I'm not talking about the other kids. I don't care about them. I care about
    you.
    But-
    No buts. I'm just trying to teach you! Why does everything turn into an argument with you?
    I wasn't trying to-
    You weren't trying to? I'm telling you you are! Every single time I say something you start arguing. You don't know everything!
    I'm not saying I know everything! I'm just saying that maybe we could try doing this differently.
    Why do you have to challenge me all the time?!

Fairy Blue had been chiming at him telepathically for a while now, trying to catch his attention, but he kept walking and ignoring her.
    "SEVEN!" she shrieked after a while, and he grimaced at the mental volume. "Don't you dare ignore me!"
    Sorry. I'm trying to focus on the death cave.
    "Stop making excuses and listen to me,"
    Can we do this later? I'm sorry. I'm just...not feeling well. That smell is making me feel really sick.
    "You better not puke on me. I've cleaned up after you enough. If you're going to throw up, do it in the corner where we won't step in it if we come back this way. We should have brought a bucket."

He recoiled sharply when they entered the cave and he saw the dead Zora.
    "Oh my Din," he said loudly, and his eyes widened as Marina strode right up to the corpse and started rifling through its possessions.
    "Din almighty, woman," Fairy Blue said in genuine disgust. "What on earth are you doing?"
    "Hey, get over here. Ignore the smell and take a look at this. I got something useful for ya." Marina said, and Seven hesitated before approaching. Fairy Blue simply placed her fingers over her nostrils, evidently too disgusted by the smell to venture closer. Seven didn't disagree.
    "What is it?" he asked, then he saw the Silver Scales. "Oh, are those Zora scales? How are they useful?"
  7. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    "Silver Scales, actually." She grinned quite widely to herself, before chuckling a little bit. "Come. I'll tell you as we get away from this stench." And with that said, she began to walk back the way she came. After dumping everything else that wasn't useful out of the bag of Silver Scales, of course.

Once finally back at the water's edge, she gently set the bag down. "Silver scales, are used for magical clothing. Not quite Zora scales. Some kind of magical nonsense enchantments are involved." She shrugs a bit, before speaking once more. "To be quite blunt. You'll be able to breath just fine down under the water with some pants made with these." Of course, she didn't quite mention the fact that his legs would morph into a fin. But eh, he'd learn on the fly. Or rather, on the swim.

"Come on boy. Take off your pants. Toss them over. Gonna have to stitch the scales in. As fun as it was to breath for you, I'd rather not do so the entire time." She immediately dumped the scales onto the floor, before digging into her Adventure Pouch to grab a needle and thread. Shouldn't be too difficult to stitch the scales onto the outside of the pants. It was a straight forwards job, after all.
  8. Electronic Ink

“That’s actually awesome,” Seven said, following her. He was glad to have the stench out of his nose. Was that selfish? Probably? Meh. “Wearing these makes you breathe underwater? That’s brilliant! I wonder what kinds of enchantments you’d have to use,”

He flushed royally red when she asked him to take off his pants though.
    “Uh,” he said nervously, “is that a good idea?”
    “Really giving credence to my she’s-into-children idea,” Fairy Blue muttered, examining the scales. “You can’t just say that, Marina,”
    Blushing, Seven stripped off the still sodden white pants, glad for his tunic covering him still, and laid them out.
    “I can help,” he said, pulling out his own sewing kit. “I can sew and stuff,”

Seven scraped a handful of the scales towards himself and started on one leg, taking in each leg so that they weren’t loose and bell-bottomed anymore. When he had finished that, he began piercing the scales with his needle before sewing each to the fabric with grey thread. They had quite a metallic appearance, and before long the pants were no longer flowy but metallic and tough, the scales almost like armour.
  9. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    "Oh yes. Because asking a child to take off their pants, so that I can stitch scales onto it clearly means I'm attracted to them. Would you prefer I keep breathing for them instead?" She just rolled her eyes once more, before smiling ever so slightly as Seven said he could sew. Double the workers, meant half the time spent.

Eventually when the pants were finished up, she was quick to tuck away her own supplies. Looked pretty alright. Can't say they were perfect by any means, but it was the best they could do on such short notice. Hopefully the magic in the scales was still working properly. They'd see here shortly, after all.

Marina stood up to her feet once more, slowly starting to slip herself back into the water. "Might take a bit to get used to. Not quite sure how it will work myself. Might actually bring water into your lungs, or it might just magically transform it into air in your mouth. I suppose we'll see. Go on, slip down into the water about your waist. You'll see what I mean."
  10. Electronic Ink

Seven cautiously removed his boots and pulled on the pants, which were much stiffer than before, the scales moving and clicking against eachother as he pulled them up. Stretching his legs experimentally, he looked once at Fairy Blue before wading into the water, bare feet squelching in the mud. When the water reached above his waist, though, he let out a sharp yelp of surprise as suddenly his legs were no longer supporting him. He dropped facefirst into the water with a small splash, inadvertently sucking in a breath of water that...didn’t immediately trigger his gag reflex, apparently. So the pants were working, which was good. He kept instinctively holding his breath before forcing himself to breathe as normally as possible, before twisting to look at his legs.

Or rather, where his legs had been. Instead, there was a sinuous finned tail, and Seven stared at it as if it was a snake for a good deal of time before finally registering that it was attached to him and that he could move it.

”You alive?” came Fairy Blue’s voice. ”I’ll be pissed if you’re not,”

All alive,
    he responded absently, flailing around a little as he tried to figure out how this decidedly non-Hylian appendage actually moved. In some ways it was similar to kicking with his legs, but it seemed to take a lot less movement to move a lot more. When he’d finally gotten the hang of the scaly tail, he wriggle-swam his way back to the surface.

“I’m a fish,” he said, sounding vaguely unsurprised. “Didn’t think that was going to happen,”
  11. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    "Yeah. Forgot to mention that. Probably could have edited it to not give you a tail, but humanoids are naturally so slow in the water. No offense, but I've seen dozens of kids swimming underwater. Doggy paddling isn't impressive if you have to fight." Even still, she smiled at the sight. It was nice to know that her handy work was functioning as intended. Would have been horrible to have to keep breathing for that kid. She'd honestly probably just drop him back off at the cave entrance if that was the case.

"Well, you got a tail now. Gotta get used to it. Come on, join me." With that said, he suddenly leaped straight into the water. Diving down and back into the main central underwater room. Ever so slowly, she began to swim around the room. Not too worried for the kid's safety anymore. There was nothing else in this giant underwater cavern she could see, so it was fine if she scouted a bit.

There were a few various branching cave paths, that went of in every single direction. Most of these were, strangely enough, dead ends. One of them had some various ores in the cave wall a few feet in, but nothing too rare. Just some Glow Iron ore mainly. After knocking loose a stone with the butt end of her trident, she pocketed it and moved on. Might make a nice ring later on.

After examining all the walls, there was only one more place to check. The very bottom of the cavern. After glancing around to find Seven, she motioned that she was swimming down, before kicking her feet against the wall and pushing herself down with a nice boost.

That turned out to be a very, horrible idea.

The moment she got deep enough, she could sense it before she saw it. Through the murky water, a beast suddenly stirred as it laid its large glowing eyes on her. Not an Octorok, but certainly something a hell of a lot close to one. Without warning, it shot a large boulder from its mouth. It struck Marina's chest, shooting her back up into the clearer water with the momentum from the force alone. Thankfully, she could still breathe just fine, even if her chest was bruised up. This must be the evil that was talked about...

Before she got further into that train of thought, it suddenly leaped upwards. In plain sight, and wiggling tentacles all over. Clearly staring her down, almost as if it hadn't decided whether to eat her or just see how flat she could get squished between rocks. It hadn't seemed to notice Seven yet, only swimming towards her.

She quickly retrieved her trident off her back, ready to stab the moment it got closer. It, however, didn't get any closer. Apparently deciding to just crush her as it shot another boulder. Prepared this time, she managed to swim above the speeding rock as it crashed into the cave wall behind her.
  12. Electronic Ink

He followed after Marina quickly, turning over and swimming after her with clumsy flicks of the fishlike tail. Straight lines were apparently not a part of his world anymore, as he bobbed awkwardly from side to side as he swam.

Good grief,” Fairy Blue muttered, having vanished back into the blade. “Keep your tail straight, for Din’s sake. You’re making me seasick,

Sorry, Seven thought apologetically, focusing on moving the tail as vertically as he could. He’d almost forgotten about the water he was breathing now- it didn’t feel thick like water at all.

Seven jerked backwards when an enormous creature made itself known below them, and the Hylian cried out instinctively as Marina was abruptly blasted out of sight by a boulder, and for a moment his vision was clouded by the bubbles that burst from his mouth. His hand flew to his sword and he drew the purple blade as the creature leaped upwards.

Fairy Blue, can you check on Marina? he tried to alert his sword’s spirit, but no response came. Growling, he swept his tail hard, propelling himself swiftly towards the creature with his blade slicing through the water.

Marina might well have been dead after that blow, and Seven wasn’t stopping to check and risk getting crushed by a boulder of his own. Instead he lashed with the blade in his hand, the blade biting into the rubbery skin of the creature before him. He wasn’t fast enough to turn around, though, and his attack was cut abruptly short by a tentacle slamming into him, sending him spinning back through the water away from his target. Only then did the violet sword spirit burst from the blade in the shape of a crow, swooping through the water as if it were air, searching for Marina.

“You dead?” the crow cawed when she found the fishlike woman.
  13. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    "Yeah," Marina said hurriedly, "Just fantastic ." Though in truth, she was lesser so. The sudden appearance had really unnerved her, unsure of how to proceed. However, who needed strategy anyway? The beast likely didn't fight with any. The best plan was probably just to stab the monster until it resembled swiss cheese.

Marina dove down under the beast to try and evade it, but that was quite the mistake. Its tentacles immediately began to swing at her, curling around as if trying to grab her. Just as she was just about to be in the clear, one of them wrapped around her ankle. The overgrown Octoroks suckers gripping relentlessly. She let out a yelp in surprise, before suddenly twisting around and stabbing her trident into the appendage gripping her. The beast instantly let go, recoiling away slightly.

And that is when Marina grinned like mad, looking quite unsettling actually. He clearly hadn't been expecting too much of fight. Perhaps they thought the two of them would be an easy meal. Unluckily for them, Marina wasn't keen on being fish food.

She quickly swam forwards towards the head of the beast, stabbing deep into the beasts bulbous head. Purple blood oozed out into the water, clouding up things quite a bit. The beast reacted fast though, spinning around quickly. The trident was still in its head, Marina gripped on tightly to not lose her weapon yet again today. Of course, it didn't see Marina anymore. She was behind him now, spun around with her weapon.

But now, it was blaming Seven for the attack. The only being in its sight. With a low grumble, it suddenly shot out a large boulder from its open mouth directly at the child.
  14. Electronic Ink

Seven wasn't quite fast enough to dodge out of the boulder's way, but the crow was swifter, grabbing him by the metal of his necklace and yanking him upwards swiftly, the current around the boulder sending him spinning head over fishy tail. Disoriented, it took him a moment to right himself in the water, his grip on his sword faltering. It fell from his hand, but sank slowly enough for Fairy Blue to wrap her claws around the handle and drag it back to Seven's side.
    Thanks, he hissed, finally managing to stop spinning around.
    "Your babysitter's fine," the sword spirit barked instead of accepting his gratitude. "Hurry up and kill this thing,"
    What do you think I'm doing?

Fighting with a fish's tail was a new experience on several levels. Seven had been raised with legends of fae and ghosts, not tales of mermaids and mermen, and as such he had no clue how a fish-person would fight even in a storytelling sense. Instead he swam forwards again, managing to arch under a sweeping tentacle and almost striking himself in the head with the flukes of his tail, twisting around as the tentacle sailed over him and swinging his blade with the motion of the turn. The blade cut into the Octorok's flesh, the water pulsing dark at the dark magics of the sword's release, Fairy Blue's beady crow eyes glinting in vindictive glee.

A second tentacle found its mark, suckers connecting with his tail and pulling him downwards; Seven instinctively tried to rip his not-legs free, instead tearing the scales the creature had gripped from his skin. He cried out at the abrupt removal of the scales, swimming awkwardly and painfully upwards.
    "I wonder why that actually hurts," mused Fairy Blue. "It's just pants, isn't it? Magic pants?" She flew close and brushed the tail with her wing.
    Ow! Seven yelped back. Stop distracting me!

He swept the tail behind him, arching upwards to be directly above the Octorok before diving down, sword outstretched, to stab the creature in the head. They usually didn't appreciate being stabbed in the head, from what he gathered.
  15. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Marina barely saw what was happening to Seven, too focused on keeping herself safe from danger at the moment. After the beast's movements slowed she quickly ripped her weapon from the head of the beast, the motion flinging her backward in the water. Blood quickly filling the water, making it hard to see... And breath. For Seven it might be different, what with the magic pants and all, but her gills definitely could not breathe in the thick, slimy blood. Pausing to try and get a good breath, Marina was quickly blindsided by a spinning tentacle.

She groaned softly as she was sent spinning, being pushed away from the giant tentacled monster. That was definitely going to leave a bruise. By the time she looked back at the fight, Seven had just stabbed the very top of the oversized octorok's head. That kid sure seemed to be adapting to swimming well enough. Smiling to herself, Marina felt a bit proud to see them fighting as well as they did, but this was no time to sit back and slouch either. Gripping her trident tightly in her hands, she kicked her feet and swam towards them.

The beast was waving its tentacles nonstop, immediately getting the best of Marina and gripping onto her waist and squeezing hard. Even if she couldn't position herself right she was still going to fight with all her might. Her arms swung her weapon forwards, stabbing into the base of the tentacle as fast as she could. More and more blood oozed from its soft flesh, but its grip didn't loosen one bit. It was all she could do to keep stabbing and wounding them, but with being swung around so much it was quite difficult. The pain from the various stab wounds to its head was definitely taking a toll, the water a murky muddle full of purple colored blood. Hopefully, this was over with soon. The combination of nausea and the tentacle clamping down on her waist made her feel beyond sick.
  16. Electronic Ink

Seven whirled, yanking his sword free and lurching backwards to avoid a tentacle that, by all rights, should have slammed into his head. Instead it only crashed into his tail, and he hurtled to the side. Fairy Blue let out a snarling shout, the crow twisting into humanoid form and tackling away the tentacle that had come back for a second attack. The distraction was hilariously ineffective, and Fairy Blue was smashed into shining blue sparks a second later, but it gave Seven barely enough time to pivot his body and take the strike to his off shoulder rather than his sword arm. Bubbles burst from his mouth as he cried out- that was definitely at least one rib gone- and ricocheted around the underwater room like a cat’s ball of string. Fairy Blue was out for the count. She’d reform, but not in any time to be of any help to Seven. He had no clue where Marina was and wasn’t risking the time it would take to stop and look. He was on his own.

With a defiant shout, Seven levelled his blade at the Octorok. The creature was stationary. It knew every inch of this underwater cavern by heart, and Seven would have to find some way to turn that to his advantage. It was dark down here, and that wasn’t helped by the darkened aura around his scimitar. If he could find some way to light the place up? Blind the creature? But he knew no spells to generate light. He couldn’t change the geography of the cavern because he wasn’t strong enough to damage the rock, and it wasn’t like he owned a bomb or anything. And he couldn’t lure the creature high enough to limit its reach, because it probably wasn’t that stupid and could already reach that far from where it was. Damn it! He was reduced to swimming in spontaneous lines, sweeping dim vision over the creature, looking for some sort of flaw in its armour, but the water was too dark to make out anything. If only he could see!

An idea came to him. It was a bad idea, he knew that, but it was the only one he had. His sword may be built for combat but its spirit was not. A single blow was enough to break her physical form into motes of dancing blue light.

Light.

It was a long shot, but maybe it would work. Just maybe.
    Fairy Blue! he shrieked. A faint mumble was his only reply. The spirit was unconscious, and Seven needed to wake her up quicksmart. He turned and swam to the wall, and with all his strength smashed the blade against it. Wake up! he ordered, actually ordered, like he had never done before.
    ”H...hmmmm?” the sleepy reply came after a moment, during which time a tentacle smashed into the wall right beside Seven.
    I don’t care if you’re formed or not! Swoop that creature and light up!
    “Not...a lan...tern…”
    mused the spirit.
    Shut up and do it!

With a small shriek of indignation, the blue sparks oozed out of the gems of the sword, the normal flash of materialisation absent from the weak spirit. She drifted forwards, slowly at first and then faster, the blue lights vanishing into the depths of the water before the cave was alight with an almighty glow.

The creature froze and then wailed, tentacles swapping out their controlled movements for pained thrashing instead, and Seven saw his chance. He dove downwards, dodging the limbs, avoiding the twisting trail of blood floating out from the wounds he and Marina had made, and found the creature’s face. With a sharp-edged grin of triumph, Seven drove his blade into the creature’s left eye. The cavern shook with its pained howl, and Seven dug the weapon in deeper, past the hilt until his hands were covered in blood and slime, and twisted the point of the scimitar to the right, shoving it forwards to puncture the vital infrastructure in the monster’s head. Its struggles grew weaker, agony and confusion dulling its coordination, and with a final grunt of exertion Seven felt something behind the blade give way. He lurched forwards, almost up to his shoulders in broken monster eye, as the Octorok finally went still. The only sounds Seven could hear now were his own harsh breathing and the disgusting noises made by his shaking arms still embedded in the dead monster. With a half-hysterical, half-disgusted bark of laughter, more bubbles than noise, he yanked his sword free and shook it vigourously in the water, swiping the gore off the blade. The blazing blue sparks drifted slowly back to the gems, and an alarmingly faint voice echoed in Seven’s head.

”Never...ever make me...do that…” She didn’t even get to the end of the sentence before the sparks went dull and were absorbed back into the blade.
    For a second Seven was terrified. Was she dead? Had his stupid plan killed her? But almost as soon as he thought it a noise rang in his head- a muffled groan that sounded suspiciously like still alive, moron.

He sheathed his sword and let himself finally relax, and swam upwards to find Marina.
  17. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Marina wasn't entirely aware when the cave lit up, but it only meant good things for her as the massive beasts grip loosened. That kid was definitely smart. A deep cave-dwelling beast like this definitely wouldn't like bright lights any more than anyone else would in the middle of the night, a genius distraction. When the tentacle that was holding her in place loosened, she shot out of his grip and as close to the body as she could. The tentacle that she had stabbed repeatedly was suffering from quite a lot of damage, barely hanging on.

With a grin, Marina swung in close for a stab as the beast swung wildly thanks to whatever Seven was doing. Hopefully, he was okay. If anything, he seemed to have at least some skill with a blade if he carried one. Regardless of her worry, the trident stabbed even deeper into the tentacle than before, and with just a few seconds of prying the entire limb fell off and slowly suck down into the void of the bottom of the cave. Blood immediately began to spill out of the injury, almost at exactly the same time she noticed the entire beast clench up entirely in pain.

Quickly twisting around the body to avoid the blood from getting into her gills, she noticed that Seven was arm deep inside monster eye. She grinned like mad, quickly pushing with her legs up behind him as he removed himself from the beast. Perhaps he really could protect himself after all. When he eventually grew up, she could easily see a warrior inside of him in spite of that easily pushed around personality of his.

"Well done, Seven." Marina would speak through the water, slowly pushing closer towards the walls of the cave to not breathe in the blood. "Good to see a man so young so skilled. Perhaps next time, it will be with a better weapon, hmm?" She chuckled softly, not even remotely aware of what Fairy Blue even did to assist in the fight at the end.

Motioning with her head upwards, Marina spoke once more. "The keese are still gonna be a problem getting out of here, but I think a simple campfire would eventually smoke them out. Job well done, thanks to you." She smiled genuinely, slowly pulling chunks of flesh off of her trident as she continued. "Tell you what. Remember how I was hired to "eradicate evil", which I assume was that beast. Considering how you did the final blow, I don't quite think it's fair to take all the credit, is it? Assuming we get out safely, if you stick around for a while I can set you up with a sack of rupees for the trouble... And maybe I can help you actually find a real Zora, huh? That's what you were looking for, right?"