What a pleasant ferry ride (Open to all)

Discussion in 'Great Sea' started by monkeyislandfan1, Mar 23, 2016.

1. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

Erick paused, turned his head to Datura when she addressed him and Yuku, and smiled when he saw the eye she just burst. "Excellent, that's two eyes down, at least one more to go, we can win this!" He turned his attention back to the right eye and continued to climb. Erick began to hear the passengers from the boat, there screams only reminded him of what would happen if they failed to take this thing down, he may never work up the nerve to talk to them but he was sure as heck wasn't going to let them be eaten by an overgrown squid!

When he was about two thirds to the eye he saw Yuku start to slide down too the eye with the blade, knowing what was coming he moved to the right as fast as he could. He wasn't able to move fast enough to dodge all of it and felt a few globs of blood and gunk fall on his hand that almost made him let go, but though willpower he held on. "Eww, this thing was already disgusting but this makes this whole ordeal even worse, I need to really wash this hand later. Actually, scratch that, I need a bath after this, but on the bright side that's three down, I hope Datura's having better luck then-."

Erick was interupted from one of his tangents as he heard Yuku scream, he looked up as he saw her struggle to hold on. "Oh crap, no time to waste, if that person falls now they could get seriously hurt or worse." Moving as fast as he could, Erick made his way up to Yuku, after a few moments he made it to her. Not wanting to chance it he stuck the stick he was carrying into the side of the Octo as hard as he could with one hand, made sure it would stick, and grabbed hold of her arm to keep her from falling with the other. "Hey, need a hand holding on here?"
  2. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

Now it was all down to her.

The thunder of fury that reverberated through her rattling bones as the last eye was slashed filled Datura with more than just physical discomfort and screaming joints; relieved only temporarily by another victory grin of triumph. As it settled her heart-rate only raised, her pulse peaking like a timer nearing its dreaded end. Every second was invaluable. The more time she wasted hesitating on the only option presented to her, the closer everyone was brought to their deaths.

Then I have no choice. She resolutely stated to herself. Her throat throbbed as she swallowed – hard – with what felt like every muscle on her face crumpling with tense dread. It’s all or nothing.

Resisting the urge to utter some last minute prayers to Din and her daughter, the Gerudo trained all her focus into steadying her breath and mentally drawing out the series of movements that needed to be flawlessly executed in the next few split seconds. Her hands were slick with the trickling gore, rain and sweat as they tightened on the only blade that held her safe from her demise. Her ribcage threatened to splinter from the inside out. Just do it, Datura. Just bloody do it.

DO IT!!!

Pain bolted up her jaw as it tightened with a grinding screech. Her palms seared with friction. Her shoulders nearly snapped. With a disorientating curl and plummet of her gut, Datura rocked and then swung and then spun to snap around her pivot of a dagger like the hand of a clock struck twelve. Her hands released. Her spine bent. The legs unfolded and a foot landed, smacking down on the blade’s handle with enough force to gash a foot-long tear down the Big Octo’s back. Scarcely managing to steady herself, let alone precariously land her second foot, the rush of adrenaline went right to her head in a woozy thrill of ravenous delight. Datura made use of it before it faded. Swallowing down whatever pride or intolerance she held, she then pounced from her blade without another thought, hands clawed like wolfos paws. The painted nails struck gold and burst it wide open to let it pour hot and lumpy down her arms, head, face, neck and torso. Just the stench made her guts violently curdle, let alone the physical sensation of it all.

But the beast was falling! With one last, signature wail it cried out its remaining breath and deflated with defeat back under the waves. Of course, this brought all its hitchhikers down with it.

Yet Datura had been shaken off the creature before even being offered the opportunity of a drag down into the bitter, ice-cold depths. Her dagger was long gone and her consciousness was swiftly following. Her form, scarcely recognisable through all the gore – both of her own and the octorok’s – collided with the whirlpool. It was headfirst. She was out sooner than the explosion of white spray marked her crash.

The currents faded into silence and so did all visual traces of Datura.
  3. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Yuku howled again in terror as she plunged into the water, spun violently in rings. Something caught her dress and tore it straight down, scoring her leg and earning another cry. Fervent mental prayers to Nayru felt loud enough that they should be heard by everyone around as she struggled to reach the surface, and when she did she spat out a glob of phlegm and blood, coughing and muttering. She finally lifted her head, searching.
    Where's the Gerudo?
    A yelp of panic followed as she struck out, thin arms slicing through the water as she kicked furiously against the whirlpool. No Gerudo.
    She ducked around. Still no Gerudo. A sick feeling filled her throat. She was under. Sucking in as much breath as she could- Nayru damn her obsession with looking well, especially with that damn corset- Yuku dove under, immediately feeling the bewildering sensation of her feet being pulled above her to throw her into a flip. Struggling to right herself, she searched frantically for the fiery-haired dancer. Where was she? Logic sliced through panic. If she had gotten in the whirlpool, she would end up in the middle. So swim to the middle! No sinner had she done so than she was swept into a solid form. The Gerudo! Yuku tried to swim after her but was swept back again.
  4. monkeyislandfan1

Loosing his grip on both the stick and Yuku's arm, Erick went screaming as he fell from the monster when it sank into the whirlpool. Erick was barely able to take a deep breath and shut his eyes before he hit the water, but when he did it knocked all the air from him and he got a mouthful of water instead. "Nononononononono I cant drown now, not after all that, with the kids still in my pocket, I need to get up to the surface." Frantically, Erick swam against the whirlpool trying to make his way up to the top, after a few seconds he felt that he made it but he constantly had to fight against the water. "*cough HACK cough cough* HELP, SOMEONE, CAN ANYONE HELP?! I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN STAY UP HERE, PLEASE HELP THERE ARE TWO OTHERS THAT WERE FIGHTING THE OCTO WITH ME AND THEY ALSO MIGHT NEED HELP!" Erick yelled as he felt himself getting weaker, not knowing how much longer he could stay up or where Yuku or Datura was, but hopeful that the three of them would survive this.
  5. Sinistrari

The gradual, smooth disappearance of the whirlpool as it melted back into calm ocean waters betrayed the violence that preceded it. By some twisted disinterest of the Goddesses even the sun broke out! The golden beams piercing the grey masses overhead as they too drifted into one with their whiter cousins. The warmth returned. The colour bloomed. Just like it never happened.

How Datura survived was a small miracle. Seeing the ardent struggles of their saviours and no longer threatened by anything but a bumpy ride, some civilians from the settled ferry dived overboard to come to their aid. One of these folks – a tall, almost serpentine Zora – came to the rescue of the battered and bruised Gerudo. She was still unconscious and bloody by the time she was laid out on the slick, damp deck of the boat. But at the very least she was still breathing, and from a quick glance over none of her wounds looked too serious – on the surface at least.

A few minutes and strong pounds of her ribcage later and the Gerudo coughed and spluttered back to life with a skull that throbbed as hard as her pulse.
  6. Electronic Ink

Yuku, who had been watching someone neatly stitch the cut on her leg, let out a small squeal of relief and delight.
    "You're awake!"
    She prodded the Gerudo's nose happily, then yawned widely.
    "I think I breathed in some of that Octorok gloop," she said in disgust. "It's in my lungs,"
    She cast a glance at where the hulking creature had been.
    "Good job, both of you. I never thought I'd be able to say I helped save a boat full of people!"
    Her eyes widened. "Speaking of, where did my tank go?! I threw it up here when I went overboard,"
  7. monkeyislandfan1

"*cough* That is something I can answer. *cough cough* Hold on a moment please." After the whirlpool had subsided, a hylian jumped in and helped Erick back on board giving him a chance to calm down and catch his breath/ cough out saltwater. After hearing Yuku ask about her children Erick got his bag from the mast back, walked on over to them, and was going to hand her back her children but then started to cough out more water and made sure he was done before continuing.

"Okay sorry about that, your children are fine they landed next to my feet and I put them in my pocket." He pulled them out along with his pin that he put back on his shirt. They seemed to be happy when they saw there mom. "They appeared to be scared at first but they calmed down when i reassured them that things where going to be fine... I think, I'm not really sure if they can understand me. Anyway my name's Erick, nice to meet you, good job helping to take that Octo down with Datura and me, specking of, is she alright?" Erick held out the tank to Yuku, smiling the entire time he was talking.
  8. Sinistrari

"Mhhhm...Jursht....'ate...Heh." Datura coughed and spluttered, still somehow managing a sorry excuse of a laugh despite her raw throat being cooked from the inside out. Logic claimed it was the forced departure of unwelcome salt-water. The speckled sway and pound of her head and the curdle of her gut suggested it was swallowed vomit. Neither sounded appealing so the Gerudo grated out another sore, blood-speckled laugh just to spite it all.

Getting up seemed beyond her, far, far beyond her. The mere act of slightly raising her skull off the cold, hard deck made her insides bubble and boil with jolting anticipation, yet with a few aggravatingly unattractive groans she managed to at least sit upright. Unfortunately an arm had to cradle her stomach...just in case.

But at least the kids were safe.

Sore lips curled into a lopsided smile as she noted the little creatures returned to their Zoran mother. After all of that - and all of this even - it was perhaps worth looking a little ugly for a while. It sucked, hard, that one of the main assets she earned a living off currently sat bruised and bloody, but she figured she had just about enough rupees to tide her through the coming rough period. A shame that assurance did nothing about the sting though, one worse than her open wounds as she noted through a hazy vision how many eligible males had now closed their wallets. Pride was a tricky beast.

Restraining a sigh and trying her best to smile, a shaky hand trembled up her forehead at the sodden locks of hair: red for more than one reason. In a futile effort to look more charming she attempted to fix it all, combing out the dregs of Din-knows-what with sore fingers.

"You both did well. Really well." She spoke out meanwhile, a syllable dropping here and there to the scorch of her throat. "I never could have done that alone. And I'm sure it's not just me who is grateful so you should both consider yourselves proud."

The Gerudo paused to cast Erick and Yuku a warm smile. After a split second it cracked, pink, stained teeth glinting through as she added with a playfully fretful expression, "I don't think I'll be going on another voyage of any kind for a while though." It was meant to be another laugh but more coughing arrived instead.
  9. Electronic Ink

Yuku nodded seriously as she took back the tank and hugged it close. She may not have been as worse for wear as Datura, but the Tadzora whined in unhappiness as they looked at the oddly coloured Zora blood on the torn part of her dress, as well as her scraped arms from trying to dolphin jump back on the boat.
    "Next time I'm swimming all by myself,"
    She took a fistful of her dress and started wringing it out, making a face as the water was tinted an ugly colour with Octorok squidge. "I feel like I have to burn this dress."
    The Tadzora made noises of agreement and she looked at them.
    "The heck do you know? You're in a tank, you can't smell it,"
    They stopped abruptly and Yuku laughed. So cute.

She looked around, wondering where her bag had been left. She'd lost her glasses at some stage during that wild mess, and the strained headache that squinting brought was starting to bother her. Had she brought her spare pair? She hoped so. It was a pain in the neck, losing a set, especially with how much it cost to have spectacles made. Stupid eyesight.

Scooting over in her rear- it may have been undignified but she doubted her legs would find the courage to hold her for a few hours- she located her bag. It was tangled in a mess of other belongings by the rail- they must have slid when the boat tipped- and she dug through and came up plus one pair of glasses, although the arms were wonky and it sat funny on her nose. Aw, it drove her nuts when the glasses were crooked. Maybe she ought to attach them to a chain on her dress or something. Never lose them again. Trying to twist the hinges straight again, she scooted back over to the others.
    "I just realised I never got your names," she said warmly.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  10. monkeyislandfan1

Hearing Datura's joke, and felling a bit concerned for her when she coughed, Erick chuckled a bit. "Yeah same here, I'm just glad that monster's gone, and sorry again for putting you in the possession of saving me I really am grateful for that, if there's any way I can repay you please let me know." Erick did feel proud, even though he had no actual combat training, with the help of two others they had defeated a gigantic squid monster, something he never would have dreamed he could do as he is now. When Yuku came back to the group and asked for their names he was a bit confused... more as to why she's scooting on the deck but still, didn't he just give his and Datura's names a few minuets ago, but he decided to just give his name again, a lot had happened recently so everyone's brains could be a bit scrambled. Seeing that the both of them were on the floor, and because he was tired of standing, Erick sat down as well. "Okay my name is Erick, and again, it's nice to meet you." He extended his hand for a hand shake. "You have some nice kids, I don't think I caught your name though?"
  11. Sinistrari

"And mine is Datura." The Gerudo chimed in, as much as a splintered and peeling throat could allow her to 'chime'.

The forced weak smile became a genuine warmth, glowing with camaraderie, as her eyes focused on the Zoran mother embracing her children. For the timid young woman Datura had originally marked her down as she sure had some guts and the determination to back it up. But then again, doesn't every mother when it comes to their kids?

Her chest tickled only to twist, feeling the bitter pang of a scar only a parent who'd neglected their own offspring could understand. Even if she were to one day put her neck on the line and return to Remei she doubted the wound would ever truly heal; let alone that poor girls' own. No matter how many strangers she jumped at the chance to rescue, some parts of your past couldn't just be simply forgotten.

But maybe that's what it had been. Maybe that's why Datura had tried so hard.

A mist of sombre reflection glazed over the Gerudo's eyes. Her smile faultered and for once she was actually grateful to the next bloodied fit of coughs that promptly arrived to rattle both her bones and thoughts.
  12. Electronic Ink

"I'm Yuku," she said warmly.
    Yuku frowned, rubbing circles on the Gerudo's back.
    "Are you okay?" she said, then mentally kicked herself. "Of course you're not. Sorry. Dumb question. Do you think you will heal? Is there anything I can do to help? And I'm rambling. Sorry. I'll shut up now,"
    She hugged her tank, rocking slightly from side to side. What was she supposed to do now?

Leaning against what was left of a bench, she shut her eyes, taking off her glasses and hanging them off the neckline of her dress. "I could sleep for a century," she laughed lightly. She may have been exaggerating, but not by much, she reckoned. She felt dead as a doornail. A rusty doornail.

I will never eat Octorok again, she promised herself.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  13. monkeyislandfan1

Erick was still a little worried about Datura so he decided to call for help. "Hey is anyone here a doctor, our friend here is coughing up some blood and is injured, if anyone can help with that it would be appreciated." Erick thought of where to go next when they arrive at Mido, but after deciding exhaustion started to kick in. "Hey Yuku, Datura, After we get to Mido, I plan on going to Castle Town five days from now, so if you want to meet up there in a week we can, you don't have to *Yawn* to answer, just giving you an idea. Anyway I thank that Yuku has the right idea, sleeping sounds pretty good right now so I'm gonna..." He was out.

A Hylian man wearing a purple mask walked by and put a cape and a note in his bag before going below deck.

*Backshift Cape unknowable obtained*
    *30 rupees acquired*
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  14. Sinistrari

"Yuku." The Gerudo repeated, tongue nursing the name with apparent concentration. It was a name she was determined to remember, just like that of the young lad next to her.

She smiled warmly back at the Zora, grateful for such charitable compassion as she rubbed her back in worried circles and prodded her with anxious rambling. It was cute. She should have expected as much from such a kind-hearted woman but still, Datura wasn't used to so easily befriending those of her own sex: especially not without competition lurking under their every shared word. It made a very pleasant change. They'd meet again for sure, whether through the fate of the Goddesses or through sheer, brute will.

It became obvious at that moment that Datura wasn't the only one prey to fatigue. Yuku looked more than close enough to drop-dead exhausted and about to pass out at any second, while Erick already had! Within mere moments of their brave deeds the heroes had collapsed like sleeping babes. And the Gerudo? She was more than willing to follow their example.

At Erick's earlier cry for help a doctor - apparently, he looked just like a smart-ass kid - had untangled himself from the rest of the wounded to come to Datura's side. The Kokiri looked over the woman with tut-tut and shook his head disapprovingly, readjusting his massive spectacles before ordering too simple but buff looking men to carefully carry her away to his temporary medical bay.

Usually she would've kissed goodbye to any man in her company, young or old. But her appearance was grotesque and her stench even worse. Yet greater than the fear of her disgusting aura brutally awakening Erick through burning nostrils, she hesitated more on the 'what-ifs' of leaving bloody stains behind on his cheek. Rather than a sweet, warm gesture the whole thing would instead be anything but. Such thoughts caused her to pout with unhappy resignation and after a nod of her head allowed the two capable strangers to heft her up and away on a make-do stretcher. The transition wasn't without its ordeals, her joints and all their screaming muscles scarcely recognizing her demands for more movement. She struggled - almost crawled really - onto the stretcher, leaving a trail of goo and blood and sweat in her wake. And whether it was from the floor through the desperate fumbling of her hands and knees, or whether it was already on the stretcher, or even if one of the strangers had snook it into her grasp, when the Gerudo awoke next she'd notice a kinstone piece slipped into one fist.

Yet as she was carried away, Datura's stare, clouding in dark smudges with sleep, lingered on her two new friends: her heavy eyelids already fallen by the time the masked Hylian dropped his wares in Erick's possession. A content smile melted away her fatigue. She had never spoken it out loud but she had nonetheless promised to meet them both again in the future.

- The End -