What a pleasant ferry ride (Open to all)

Discussion in 'Great Sea' started by monkeyislandfan1, Mar 23, 2016.

1. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

Erick walked to the deck to see if he could find a place to sit for the trip, as he entered the area he saw that the ship had a good amount of people already on board, at least 20 by his count and that wasn't counting the crew offering drinks. This ferry takes people of any race to all kinds of places, from Mido to Dragon Roost, from Windfall to Koholint, below deck there's a complementary food court that is available and free rooms for people who are waiting for their stop, there are also deluxe rooms that needs to be paid for up front it can be before or during the ride.

"Wow this is more people then I thought," he thought, "Jack really got me a high quality boat here I neeed to thank him next time we meet. Sould I talk to someone? They all look busy talking to each other, so I should probably sit at one of the tables and look out at sea." He walked to one of the empty tables, sat down, and looked at the ocean. "Man the ocean sure looks nice today." he said to himself.
  2. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

Aah, that bitter salty air: perfect.

A sigh released itself from between two plump, red lips, lifting their veil with the breeze that stole its soft hush away. Anything but soft. Far from kind. Yet still, like a stern stepmother who was part of your family nonetheless, Daruta’s teeth gleamed a small, open smile and offered her neck to the cold whippings. Chin raised high, eyes raised higher, the Gerudo leaned fearlessly onto the ferry’s railing to embrace Farore’s wind in all its glory. Hah. So refreshing. I guess I missed this.

Her dimples deepened and she almost laughed at herself. After all of that, for the sea to still have its charms was almost a miracle. I suppose I am still pirate somewhere. A smirk.

The blazing redhead licked her lips then pursed them, closing her vibrant eyes as the gales howled through her ears to chiming jingles of all her little golden bells. Those sisters better not come anywhere near this vessel though. A ferry such as this seems ripe enough for a picking, though a risk of hit and miss. A flash open of one eye, and the sly thing was gliding around her company with amused scrutiny. But a merchant ship would be much more tempting. She assured herself with a subtle nod.

Though…speaking of which…there were some here who looked like they held a few pretty rupees up for taking. Some were just spoiled noble brats on self-indulgent adventures. Others looked a little lost and fresh, like they’d just stepped outside for the first time: Like that slim, naïve teen and his cute little Nayru pin. Others were retired old farts with little time to spare but enough life savings to make it worth it.

Time for a little performance? Why in Din’s name not.

With swift, decided grace, Datura pushed herself away from the ferry’s barrier and spun towards the centre of the deck. Yep. It’d do. A good enough space and heck, just look at that weather! It wasn’t every day that she got to flaunt her assets underneath a sky like that.

Flexing and stretching, the Gerudo strode with obvious purpose towards her invisible mark. There was no time to reapply lipstick or even perfume, but the whiff of her Aroma Ring (camouflaged amongst a multitude of similar pieces upon her slender, tanned fingers), caught enough glancing looks that she was sure to build up a crowd in no time. A sly wink or two later and she was there, in the midst of it all.

And the start?

A few taps of her toes. A light quick succession of claps. The rattle of gold at her hips. The jingle of bells at her wrists. Quicker. Harder. Stronger. Thump thump thump. Chime chime chime. Rattle, jingle, pow. Then the voice, smooth and foreign gliding up her throat like warm satin to hum openly through her mouth’s billowing veil. It had begun with little warning, Datura’s impromptu song and dance of fantasy Gerudo valleys.

Fabric swirled and bloomed below her waist. Loose, deep rich red hair swanned around her gliding form. She was all dark skin and snaking limbs, curling and curving through the harsh gales of the ocean breeze with the gold of both her gleaming eyes and shimmering jewellery catching every ray of relentless sunshine. And all the while her thick accent sung out loud and on beat with the natural, purposeful rhythms of her body and their tiny instruments.

Where a stare could be found Datura caught them. She answered with open smiles and devious eyes. A little more flirtatious. A bit more fun. If they looked at her strange she didn’t care, but instead grinned wider and brighter.

And so it begins. Should I mark out my first prey?
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. monkeyislandfan1

As Erick looked out at the ocean he began to think about where to go after he reached Mido. "Okay so after I get to Mido one thing I could do is look for some part time work to get a bit of extra money, a store or food place could be some options, or I could look for someone who's going to explore, but I might need to find myself a weapon first... wait why didn't get a weapon or some training for that?! That's so obvious too dang-it now I... wait what's that smell?" As Erick started to realize just how much he hadn't thought this situation through he smelled something that seemed to be coming from behind him.

"Whatever it is it smells nice enough that it doesn't seem that important right now," he continued to think. "I'll just get this weapon situation sorted out later. Now let's see, what else do i need to take care of? Making some new friends is a good idea, but I suck at that. I'm too shy to talk to anyone who's with someone else, maybe someone will come to me I hope I can talk to them. So let's see, anything else? Well lodging will be something I need to take care of, I might be able to find a hotel somewhere in Mido so... okay now I hear rattling what's going on?" As he looked behind him he saw Datura as she preformed and suddenly the smell made sense to him. "Oh a performer! I didn't know there was one on the boat, she must be where that sent was coming from, some kind of perfume I bet. I'm surprised I didn't smell it earlier with the wind and everything. Well I'll let everyone enjoy her performance and just watch the sea some more, maybe I'll see a dolphin, that would be neat." Erick then continued to look out at the ocean, listening and smelling the combination of smells and sounds coming from the sea and Datura.
  4. Electronic Ink

Electronic Ink local zora vet

Yuku breathed deeply, sitting on a bench with her Tadzora on her lap. It had been far too long since she had breathed the sweet scent of salt water, and a part of her wanted to leap overboard and just frolick amongst the waves and fish. That was a silly part though, and not very bright, so she ignored it and rolled the tank with her tiny children in it over, listening to the trio giggle as they swam to stay right-way-up. She smiled warmly, fixing her glasses. So beautiful. So hard to care for. She huffed as she felt her mind once again sliding from happy thoughts back to that crushing question that she tried to ignore as much as possible; where was the next meal? How would she find the rupees to feed and eventually clothe her children?

She was distracted from this train of thought by a whiff of a scent even more enticing than the ocean breeze. She tuned, standing and tucking her tank under one arm and following the smell to find a beautiful woman dancing, the movements of her body hypnotic and smooth. Yuku suppressed the urge to start criticising herself compared to this woman, reminding herself that she had laid three eggs. It wasn't her fault if her hips were a little wobbly compared to this exotic beauty. She watched, entranced, amazed by this woman's talent. She stepped closer. She sure did have a lot of jewellery though, and Yuku almost considered trying to steal some of it before tossing out the idea. One, there were too many people. Two, it was difficult to steal something straight off someone's hips. Third, this woman had probably earned every bit of that by dancing. And forth, she was pretty sure this was a Gerudo, and if anyone knew how to find a thief, it was a second thief.

"Excuse me, ma'am," Yuku said politely. "I just wanted I say your dancing is beautiful..."
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Sinistrari

Hold back that ugly frown. Don't let the bitterness bite your smile.

The clear disinterest of little mister nayru-pin belittled her initial pride. He even went as far as to turn his back on her! Ha! Datura would've scoffed out loud and almost did but she could feel the spiteful burn already boiling, so instead she bit her tongue - a wise decision.

Never mind. He was just a kid anyway. Age aside he didn't even appear to have that much wealth to his name. Wasn't worth the angst.

Cooling her emotions, the Gerudo's performance slowly closed. The sultry voice unfolding into long, calm notes. The movements of her shimmering figure resigning itself into ever softer rythms. When at last it all ended, Datura punctuated it well with a swooping well-practised courtesy: all cleavage and very little shy modesty. The rupees rained at her feet, her pride reassembled, but before the slimey men with their fidgeting fingers and undressing eyes could initiate any of their desires, it was a woman who got there first - a Zora at that.

What was at first a sour look - she had just scared off mounds of extra riches - soon dissolved. She was a mother. A wandering and possibly single mother at that.

The searing fire in Datura's golden eyes extinguished at the sight of the tank and its flourishing contents. Her posture corrected. A warm smile graced her lips: rarely reserved for any of her own gender. Anyone who had given birth deserved some extra respect. With a little extra on top to try and compensate for my own failings...

"Not as beautiful as a committed mother." The Gerudo retorted with a playful but earnest crinkle of the cheeks that knew it all.

Before anyone could pinch her earnings, Datura then swiftly collected the rupees into her garter belt purse: a cautious hawkeye keeping watch on it all as she did so. "You all look a little hungry. Do you fancy perhaps-..." A pause. Some deliberation and suspicion, but then again the Zora didn't seem to a guard at all - and Datura had honed a very good nose for that sort.

Her eyelashes fluttered back to the floor and its last green gem. After a breath or two she drew close to the scaled stranger and her unusual tentacles. With the strong whiff of her intoxicating Aroma Ring came the whispering warmth against her ear through painted, red lips. "I don't suppose you fancy...working together for the better of us both?" An eyebrow arched and the Gerudo remained intrusively close, awaiting an answer to her proposal.
  6. Electronic Ink

Yuku might have thought her jaw would hit the deck were she not educated enough to know better. She corrected the unattractive face and smiled instead.
    "Oh, you really think so?" she blushed. She hugged the Tadzora Tank a little closer happily. She tried not to stare too hard at that one rupee left on the floor, discretely reaching out with her foot and trying to grab it with the suckers on the bottoms of her feet. The aroma of the ring was vaguely distracting, and she belatedly realised she was probably extremely obvious to the Gerudo woman, and her scales flushed red.
    "What do you mean, work together?" she asked curiously. She fiddled with a loss thread on her corset, foot tapping the deck and trying not to lose her balance. The tiny Tadzora Maku helpfully bonked loudly into the side of the tank, and Yuku yelped and scrambled before realising the child was perfectly fine. Children had hard heads anyway!
    She finally managed to sucker the rupee and stooped, pulling it off her foot with a pop and holding it out. There was no way that hadn't been noticed, and she cursed her ineptude.
    "I believe this is yours?" she said regretfully, reminding herself that it was only a green rupee. "I'm interested in your proposition..."
  7. Sinistrari

For a flicker of a second Datura sensed a threat. A fellow thief? A preconceived slight of 'hand'? Or just a nice gesture?

The Gerudo languidly stepped out of the Zora's personal bubble and accepted the rupee with a small, still thoughtful smile. One thing was for sure, that had been a tinge of disappointment she'd just caught in her voice. One way or another she had wanted that money, even if it had been just a penny in the grand scheme of things. Datura's lips curled deeper and a spark ignited her stare: perhaps she would accept after all.

"There's a fair bunch of fine and not-so-fine gents aboard this vessel with some heavy wallets in their possession. With a little-..." Her eyes narrowed with devious glee. The thrill of a possible hunt lit a butterfly in her chest - the best feeling. "persuasion. I'm sure we could convince quite a few to donate to a good cause."

Her thick, heavily-accented voice softened to an even lighter volume. Careful to train her attention away from her list of potential victims, she was, nonetheless, already crossing off a variety of approaches and techniques in favour for the most likely successful. "If you give me your word to share the profits then I'll be happy to play the leading role of distraction. If you understand me?" Intensity multiplied but humour still apparent, Datura locked the lady down with a cautious stare: like a kitten that could go wild at any second and pounce. If she turned out to be a danger to her own solo schemes, the Gerudo would need to silence her somehow. But...instincts told her that the Zora needed this as much - if not more - than herself. Yet trust may be an issue.

"I also have a child - a young daughter. If nothing else then believe that. That's the reason why I'm offering a temporary partnership: not just for our sakes but for that of our children."

A deeply tanned, soft hand pressed upon one of Yuku's. "What do you say?"
  8. Electronic Ink

Yuku listened carefully, doubts niggling at her mind like reekfish at a hook-they'd nibble and nibble but never really bite hard enough to be caught. Dumb fish. She hated trying to catch those. Realising she'd wandered off topic, Yuku snapped back to the situation at hand. She wasn't intending to accept the proposition- she was a thief, for sure, but she didn't know how she felt about partner cons. Until the Gerudo mentioned her daughter. Yuku, for the second time, had to mentally prise her jawbone off the deck at this revelation. Resume body criticism; apparently the egg argument was moot. Human children were larger than eggs and this woman was still flawless.

The Zora softened, looking at her triplets warmly.
    "I did not have you pegged as a parent," she said truthfully, her body shyly curving into a C-shape as she spoke. "Is your daughter with you?"She briefly wondered where this woman's daughter was, and a shared sympathy flowed out. The child must have had a father or second guardian to look after her, surely. Yuku envied that privilege. There were times when she felt it wasn't safe to bring her tank with her, but had no-one to trust with her children.
  9. monkeyislandfan1

As Erick heard the performance end and the sound of rupees clattering on the deck, he decided to look at some of his things. He first took out his water damaged book and just turned though the pages, he sometimes does this because he thinks he might find something in the book and its just makes him feel better sometimes. "I could have learned so much from this, instead I just had to have butterfingers that day." he mumbled to himself. After a few minuets he put the book away and pulled out his Lens of Truth and look out at sea with it. "I still haven't had an instance where this worked," He thought "Jack told me that this can see though illusions and protect me from bright flashes of light, but there weren't any illusions on Windfall that i could find, and I never had any instance where there was a flash of light so I guess I just need to wait for the right time to use it. Man where did my parents get this stuff." Erick put the lens back in his bag and closed his eyes as he enjoyed the sun.
  10. Sinistrari

Her new acquaintance’s sharp and sudden surprise rubbed Datura’s ego in all the right places. As much as she tried to disguise it, it showed nonetheless: though more because the Gerudo was searching for it in the first place. It had meant to be a bombchu. Just a little bit of fishing for some praise and admiration if nothing else.

Restraining a fond laugh – as it had also obviously hit the Zora’s esteem hard – her humour faded nonetheless at the question that was always soon to follow: where was the daughter? Rehearsed and overdone, Datura settled upon the same old muted reply of, “Away.” And that was it. No explanations. No fractures in her suddenly rigid expression. She didn’t want to dwell on the wretched ‘relations’ she had left her dearest Remei alone with for so long, nor did she have any inclinations on sharing more of her history: too much pride, shame and guilt had blocked that path firmly years ago.

But let’s not scare her away completely.

Grabbing back onto her initial warm and friendly demeanour, a new smile charmed the Gerudo’s painted lips. “This is a no then? You won’t regret it, will you?” Both ‘brows cocked this time and she took one fluid, chiming step backwards to emphasise the last-chance statement. “I don’t of-”

That noise. She knew that noise.

Datura’s head snapped upwards. The words died in her mouth. Breath stolen her heart plummeted and age-old pirate rhymes came chattering like Bubble’s jaws through her eardrums from within dark memories.

“Get to safety. Now.”

Hastily tearing her wide-eyed stare away from the flock of seagulls overhead, she harpooned the Zora with a killer glare and wasted no time in pushing her firmly away. She was forced into a turn and hounded into the shadows. Thought was given to her tank of babes but there was little time to do it at all softly. “GO! This is no place for a mother and her children. Find a lifeboat if you can.” Quite a few would think her a madwoman and that was easily done with such a brilliant blue sky overhead and no sign of danger in sight, BUT…any experienced enough sailor knew what awaited them.

LEAVE!” She barked with feral fury.

Somewhere a young child began to wail. A Hylian lady dropped her handheld mirror. And all the while? The flock of seagulls above began to swell in their ranks and riots of racket.

A waving hush of frantic gossip covered the boat. They all eyed each other with the panic of a frightened flock of sheep, trying to talk quick enough so they could ignore the curdling of unease in their gut. Fools. Before they could bat another eyelash Datura turned to them all and yelled, “ALERT THE CAPTAIN! NOW! STEER US OUT OF HERE!” Fuck the foxy snake act. You couldn’t seduce what was about to come.

Datura would’ve grabbed the captain by the collar herself, but the ferry had already begun to bump and sway with unsteady, tell-tale rhythm. While most were wise enough to trust their instincts and find a more central piece of deck to vomit all over, one young lad in particular had been too close to the edge: mister Nayru-pin.

The Gerudo grabbed him just in time as the whole vessel rolled to one side, securing a fistful of the back of his shirt and then his whole torso with both arms to pounce back, loose footing and roll across the planks as the sea yawned open into a raging whirlpool.
  11. Electronic Ink

Yuku winced at Datura's suddenly stony look. Owch. Not a topic she was willing to discuss, evidently. She made a mental note; don't ask about the daughter. The response the Gerudo had given was all too familiar to her; it was the same response she gave whenever someone asked about the father of her children.

And that's when suddenly Datura was screeching like a hooked Gyorg in the ocean, whipping her head from side to side.
    "W-what's going o-oof!"
    The Gerudo had shoved her backwards, into a crowd of people. Some kind of fear was spilling over from the woman to her; what was happening? She clung to her tank as her babies made a high-pitched keening noise, a tiny cacophony that only she could hear. She looked up, seagulls swelling, and that immediate fear that they were after her babies struck her. Seagulls had been known to attack Zora in the water, though usually only if the Zora was unconscious. She held her tank so tight she feared she might crack it, hugging it tightly before reaching around with a squid-like head tentacle and taking it, wrapping it tightly and safely in tentacles to free up her arms. Black eyes scanned everything frantically, and it was then that she noticed the slight movement of the water, almost as if it was being sucked away from this side of the boat...

A split second too late Yuku realised what was about to happen, eyes widening almost comically behind her glasses as she turned to flee. It was at that exact moment that the boat heaved heavily to one side and the Zora was thrown off the side, hitting the water with a splash.
  12. monkeyislandfan1

"I suppose I should get myself a room below deck to take a nap I am feeling a bit tired, and as much as I would like to take a nap here in the sun someone might take my stuff and that would... be" his thoughts where interrupted by Datura's sudden outburst, opining his eyes he got up and grabbed his bag as he looked around in front of him before he heard the flock of seagulls from above and looked up to them "What the, seagulls? Hmm I remember hearing someone at Windfall mention something about what it means when a bunch of seagulls flock to one location out at sea, but what was it?" Now he heard what Datura said but he was a bit tired, and his curiosity took over as he continued to investigate. He looked out in front of him again to see something happen to the water, almost like it was swirling. "What the heck?" he said as he started to walk forward to get a closer look, at least he was going to until he was pulled back by his shirt and torso yelling "WHAT THE HECK?!" as the ship turned on it's side.
  13. Sinistrari

Something popped in her shoulder. The side of her head smacked hard. The deck tore down her naked arm, burning and peeling against the rough, splintered planks. There were cries and shouts and splashes too loud and too often to hear her own breath hiss like boiled pressure through the tight vice of her barred teeth. Her skull was full of echoes. Her left arm had fallen limp. For a brief, intoxicated moment the fizzling sway of her vision threatened to leave her there, in a pool of her own red hair and curdling blood, to fall asleep under the cold kiss of ocean spray. Sleep. Succumb. Rest. Breathe, slow and deep, like it’s all just a dream and you don’t have to care anymore.

It was the Hylian kid that saved her: his warmth. The direct contact with another living being was her only anchor to reality, her hand tightening on his shirt in a shaky claw.

It took more willpower and Gerudo pride than she had used in a long time to swallow back the groans of agony and half-choke on her own saliva instead. But time wasn’t waiting for her. Whether she decided to lay there and sleep or get up to fight, the world around her continued to swarm and pool into one giant mess regardless. Blurred eyes saw dark clouds melt overhead. Rain began to pour with the crashing waves. Then at last, to nobody’s relief, the characteristic head piece of purple and skin pink arose with all its glowing eyes: four of them, to be exact.

Datura coughed and spluttered, scowling through the discomfort and all its pains. That was it. They had been sucked in, and once you got in there was only one way to get out. The captain was now useless.

For the first time in years she regretted having never honed her combat skills. Being a pacifist would be of little help here. But what then? These were just citizens, your ordinary folk not soldiers. There was nothing at their disposal but a few strings of rope and lifebuoys. Whatever lifeboats the ferry had were either already gone or just about to depart. And the Zora, did she make it? I can’t see her anywhere.

Datura wondered if she really could do this alone.

“You.” Shaky, hoarse, the scandalously clad Gerudo had to cough and clear her throat before she could manage to growl the next few words at the young Hylian man still in her grasp. “Can you fight?”
  14. Electronic Ink

It took the Zora a good minute to stop flailing and breathe in the water. She just floated for several seconds, heaving the water in and out and feeling it rush out of her gills. A stream of bubbles popped into being as she yelped, scrambling to check the tank was safe. A miniature whirlpool was spinning weakly inside, and the triplets were giggling as they where whisked around in circles. Yuku sighed in relief. Safe.
    Her dress was dragging her down, and she considered shaking it off and swimming out of there. Why had the boat flipped anyway? Was she the only one who went over?
    Plunging back underwater, Yuku searched frantically, locating a Goron boy flailing frantically, terrified bubbles bursting from his lips. She shot downwards, trying to heave him upwards under the arms. Instead, he was dragging her further down. She let out a furious underwater shriek as she kicked her legs so hard they scraped into his rocky skin, finally, slowly moving him upwards. Thank Nayru he was only a young Goron; she would have had no hope with an adult. Yuku managed to push him up to the surface, and he clung to the side of the ferry like a lifebuoy, shivering and wailing. Yuku spun back around, and that was when she finally saw the Big Octo. She let out a shriek of terror, whirling back to the boat. All thoughts of others were forgotten in her petrified leaping upwards, propelled by the water as she tried to reach the railings. She splashed back down heavily, knocking the air out of her. Now her children were chattering anxiously, their view of the outside blocked by their tentacle wrap. They had no idea what was going on. Yuku pushed back to the surface, glancing at the Big Octo, before taking the tank and hurling it as far upwards as she could.

It hit the deck of the boat with such force the metal edges dented, rolling close to Erick before stopping with the whining of terrified baby Zora.
  15. monkeyislandfan1

Erick felt the wind knocked out of him as they slid across the deck along with the pain of a few cuts and bruises, the fall would have been worse if it wasn't for Datura taking most of the damage. "Ow that hurt that really hurt, who pulled me back?" He said out loud as he turned his head to see the person who saved him "The performer?" He thought "Why did she pull me back like that, she could have just pulled me back by the shoulder and... wait the people, I heard them fall overboard! This is bad, if no one helps them they could dro- wait, what caused them to go over? It sounded like they fell from behind where I was... did I just feel rain fall on my head?" Looking up he saw a bunch of rain clouds form overhead "Why is it raining all of a sudden, they just came out of nowhere?! There should have at least been a few clouds or the wind would have started to pick up, this is just... wait seagulls, swirling water, sudden storm... oh no.

Realizing what the cause of all this was, Erick slowly turned his head towards the place he was standing, seeing the Giant Octorok rise from the whirlpool. "A-a Octorok, that was it, that was what they said, of all the things to forget, this is bad, oh dear gods this is really REALLY bad. If that thing isn't dealt with then we're all as good as dead, I don't want to die, please anyone help us I don't want to-" Erick was interrupted from his internal panic attack by Datura, regaining his composure. "Okay right no time to freak out, we need to act." he thought to himself as he turned to face Datura, and he then saw the injuries that she obtained. "Oh my din did she get all of those cuts because she saved me? She must have been the one who was telling everyone to alert the captain too, man I'm an idiot but berating myself can wait right now."

Erick shook his head. "I never used a weapon in my life outside of a knife, however I have read some books on how to use swords, bows and other simple weapons so I think i can handle using a weapon against this thing, and before you say that I should run to a lifeboat and escape let me just say a few things. One, you're pretty injured right now, and you don't sound like you have the same, beautiful voice I heard earlier, so I don't think you stand much of a chance against that Octorok alone right now. Two, I've heard stories about this back on windfall, and everyone said the same thing, If you get stuck in it's whirlpool, the only way out alive is to kill the Octorok so escape is out of the question, and finally. Three, even if I could escape I wouldn't, there are too many lives at stake here and I could never leave them like this even if you weren't injured and there was like twenty of you, so you can tell me to run but I'd still do anything to injure this monster, even if that meant running off of the deck towards it and punching it in one of it's eyes, but I'd prefer not to do that."

Chuckling, Erick stood up and extended a hand to her. "My name is Erick, nice to meet you and thanks for helping me, now please let me help you." Erick helped her up and kept her from falling. "So, whats the plan?" Erick jumped when he suddenly heard the sounds of the Zora babies. Confused, Erick bent down and picked up the bottle looking worried. "Oh no don't worry, everything going to be okay, we'll stop the monster and you'll be back with your parents."
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  16. Sinistrari

Despite everything, Datura laughed. It cut her throat hard and sore yet after such a long-winded, rambling onslaught of determination it was almost the only way she knew how to react: incredulous amusement. But he was here. Still standing and scarcely harmed. The short answer was ‘No’, he couldn’t fight, but that resolute spark in his eyes was far better than nothing. He probably couldn’t bite the hardest but he sure could bark enough.

“You’ve got some balls, kid.” The Gerudo’s teeth gleamed as she latched onto his hand with a wobbly heave and a ho upwards. “I like that.” She winked.

“The name’s Datura. I would usually make it more of a pleasure in becoming my acquaintance, but…” Her eyes crinkled with spirited mirth. They shone bright despite the heavy, pelting rain and its whipping gales. “The weather is just a little bit too horrid for a proper introduction. So you’ll have to excuse my rudeness.

“For now…for now we must take care of other business, and it’s not going to be pretty.”

Naturally her stare drifted to linger upon the beast of all their fears; goosebumps riddling her skin up and down, scarcely clad by the blood-red hair and sodden clothing that stuck hard and thin to her every curve. At this rate she’d freeze to death before she was eaten. A little exercise was in order.

Datura gritted her teeth, and then with a choked howl of agony swiftly twisted and popped her left arm back into its socket. Stinging and screaming the muscles still – to her immense, unspoken relief – flexed with ease. Still a little breathless but with no time to spare whining in a corner she commanded, “We need to aim for the eyes: those are its weak points. As for weapons, grab anything you can get your hands on. A lot has potential to be lethal; you’ll just have to modify it with a few breaks and snaps. The important part is that one of the two ends, at least, is sharp.”

Her heart sunk to the pits of her stomach when she then recognised the tank in Erick’s grasp. Of all the people to fall to the mercy of this ordeal, why the Zoran mother? At the very least her children were safe. Terrified, but safe. Datura accepted the grave responsibility of their new charges with silent, rekindled resolution: this had to end. And quickly.

Without another word the Gerudo sprinted to the nearest edge and tore off one of the lifebuoys – the rope still attached. It was an awkward, fiddly task trying to unravel enough rope for the job but what felt like half an hour in reality had only lasted a few seconds. No moment too early Datura was stood at the ready, one of her hands quickly sliding down her thigh to double-check the presence of her dagger.

Ok. Datura. You’ve got to get this right. We don’t have time to screw this up. For the sake of the kids, you HAVE to get this right.

One breath. Two. Several deep inhales and a pulse that struggled to steady. Then she was off!

She dashed forwards, head first, the wet deck slapping against her slippered feet while the lifebuoy propelled from her grip towards the octorok’s head. For a brief, heart-wrenching moment Datura was sure it’d miss. The gales had changed pace. The timing must’ve been wrong. But by some stroke of luck gifted by the Goddesses themselves, the ring swung and hooked, settling into a secure niche within a tucked-up corner of the sea-beast’s ornate crown.

Datura yanked downwards and then pounced, the creature howling against the pull and bowing just enough that when it bent back up the Gerudo was propelled, spinning with it. A wild, sudden stab of her dagger later and she was stuck to the Big Octo like a giant tic. Her shoulders screaming with aching muscles, knuckles bone-white as she grabbed desperately onto the only thing that kept her from death. She ground and curled the dagger deeper into the thick flesh while the slippery beast howled.

Now. I need to get down to the eyes. Her whole face cracked and splintered with violent determination. It would be more difficult for anyone else to hit the eyes of the Big Octo without now worrying about hitting Datura too, but she was far too set on her goals to see anything but them.
  17. Electronic Ink

Yuku snarled in a mixture of terror and anger. Nayru damn this son of a bitch! If her children were hurt in any way at all...
    She flexed her tentacle fins, pushing backwards and floating on her back. She gently touched her get to the sides of the boat, the sound of breathing while your ears are underwater making this situation seem much calmer. The suckers on the bottoms of her feet struggled to latch onto the greased boat surface. Probably waxed with Fishman fat, she thought bitterly. Of all the times for someone to resent whaling, now was probably the strangest. Something to share with a shell-shock psychologist.

Giving up on the boat, Yuku whirled to the only other object large enough to allow her to reach the boat- the Octorok itself. Nayru almighty. This was a bad trip idea. Kicking off hard, she swam swiftly towards the beast, wrapping around its wet skin and latching on. She started to perilously climb, sliding with every movement as its oily skin worked against her suckers. She reached the top of its tentacles and managed to grab onto he lower ridge of its crown, safe for a second as she heaved in air.

Maybe the corset wasn't appropriate for Octo-fighting...
  18. monkeyislandfan1

Erick watched her relocate her arm back into place with surprise, mentally reminding himself to thank her again later, and listened to how to kill the Octorok. "Okay aim for the eyes, look for something and make sure at least one end sharp, got it!" he thought. He was about to ask her if there was anything else he needed to know before she went off to one of the life boats "Huh guess that's all I needed to know, alright little ones I'm going to put you in my pocket along with my pin now, when you come back out the monster will be gone and, if the stories where right, the storm will too... not sure if you can understand me or not though." Erick put the small bottle in his pocket along with his Nayru pin and looked around for anything to use as a weapon.

After some searching, Erick found some long pieces of wood that had broken off of the boat and some rope, because the wood was thin he wrapped them together for a makeshift spear. As he turned to the monster he saw Datura just as she flung herself towards the Octorok. "...that was the most awesome thing I have ever seen in my life. Okay my turn to attack, I need to make sure this thing hits an eye and Datura doesn't get more hurt then she already is, but the wind's going to throw me off if i don't time this right... wait that's it! If I just wait for the wind to blow in the right direction..."

Erick walks closer to the edge and takes a stance that he read about and practiced back home. "Wait for it..." he waited for the wind to change until he felt the wind blowing on his back. "NOW. HEY DATURA, HEADS UP!" he shouted at the top of his lunges as he threw the sharp sticks at the monster as hard as he could and hoped for the best. He was worried that it wouldn't hit one of its marks or even worse Datura but to his luck it hit the top eye and he heard it roar in pain. "Ha ha yes, I did it! Now for the other... oh." Realizing that he didn't have another one or three weapons to throw he looked around for anything that might work he might have overlooked, after some searching he finally found just one peace of wood that was more the size of a spear and sharp like one too. "Okay this will work, I just have to throw this and, wait is someone else on there?!" Erick noticed Yuku climbing on the top of the Octorok suddenly feeling unsure about his current attack plan. "This makes things a bit more difficult, I don't think I can throw something this time without a higher risk of hitting someone, and Datura looks closer to the eyes then before, so what now... oh. You know I was kinda half joking about that but, man this is gonna suck. Heads up kids I'm about to do something stupid!"

Finding some more rope Erick tied his bag to the bottom of the mast, and taking a deep breath Erick aligned with the Octorok, took a few steps back, and got into a running stance. "Welp, here goes nothing!" He took off, feeling the wind on his back, and slippery deck beneath his feet as he began to wonder if this was the best option, until it was too late and he was already in the air screaming. After a few seconds of uncertainty he miraculously landed below the Octorok's right eye, clinging to the thing with a little of his breath knocked. "Oh kay that did not feel good, but I made it." Looking up he saw the eyes. "Well lets see all my climbing back home pay off." Erick thought as he began to head towards the eyes.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  19. Sinistrari

YES!!! ONE GONE! Nice one, kid!

Valiant glory erupted across Datura’s face. Her golden eyes illuminating with budding moral as the beast reeled and howled against her frame; gunk, oil, rain and now blood running slick down the pounding scales. Her shoulder screamed just as loud as she struggled to hold her death-grip on the dagger through every toss and turn, but there were greater things at stake here than just some flesh wounds. The fight had to go on.

With renewed purpose the Gerudo clawed her way down the Big Octo in urgent speed. Feet slipping and sliding. Her heart pounding in her ears. The breath heaving heavy and hard against her barred teeth. Then she pierced her right foot with brutal force into the already open gore of the burst eye, swung down like a falling pendulum and stabbed wide apart a second glowing, yellow orb. Filth gushed out over hands and the monster’s fury was reborn. It took everything Datura had not to fall face-first into the icy black grasps of the ocean, her body and its limbs instead lodged in every uncomfortable angle and grotesque place imaginable in desperate attempts to keep attached to the slippery sea creature.

But she wasn’t alone. No indeed, before more ideas and pathways could run rampant through her blistering mind, Datura noticed her eager company: both Erick and the Zora from earlier. Relief and then pride took turns in her gut, finding camaraderie especially in the fellow mother’s passionate attempts. A few years younger and it would’ve bought a tear to her eye.

“BURST THAT THIRD ONE!!! I’LL HEAD FOR THE BACK!!!” Her voice snapped and burnt against the howling storm, but Datura forced it on anyway; repeating the message and its strategy with a stubborn vigour that couldn’t go unmissed. Those two were closer to the third one. Instead of wasting time and effort claiming an already secured mark it only made sense to start moving towards the last one.

The ship was getting close – too close. Some travellers had passed out on the decks. Others were still scrambling for their lives and for some ray of logic and hope. A few were screaming and sobbing over the edges at lost loves. It was a disaster unfolding before her very eyes.

Biting back the pain of her wounds, Datura turned her back and began crawling around the Big Octo. The slight ease of footing at the widening of the creature’s lower half, and the thing’s obviously weakening contortions, were comforts quickly missed when she looked up and realised just how high the last eye was. Getting down was one thing but getting up was something else entirely. With just one blade at her disposal and no handholds in sight, the task loomed before her with all the weight of the impossible.

“Shit.”
  20. Electronic Ink

Yuku made a whispery groaning sound of protest and disgust as Octorok blood washed down from above, getting between all her scales and making her suckers lose grip fast. She started trying to climb faster, na ageing to haul herself atop its crown. She glanced at the third eye. It was a lot higher than the others and the only handhold would be the eyelid itself. She crawled over, largely regretting the dress now that it was probably completely destroyed. Oh, well. She had her second dress in her bag anyway- if it hadn't gone overboard too. She pulled out her straight blade from the back of her belt. The Zora was fairly hopeless with it, but she didn't need any fancy moves for what she was about to do.

Yuku stuck her head over the edge of the crown, positioning herself above the third eye. She turned her back to the wind and lifted the blade, plunging it down sharply. It pierced the Octorok's oily skin as if she was splitting rendered fat, and the foul sight made her gag. Like an abseiler, she kicked off backwards and slid down the beast's face, anchored only by the blade. Her weight dragged the weapon down, and with horror she realised that she would pull out the blade entirely at this rate. She clung closer, flippered feet sliding but slowing her fall.

The sword finally slashed straight through the top eyelid and into the Octorok's eye. It let out a trumpeting roar of agony, and almost instinctively Yuku gave it a voice in her head like she often did for fish and birds. Oh, the audacity! Little beastly midgets hurting me!
    She almost missed her cue as the blade, having lost the purchase the Octorok's oily skin had afford it, came loose. With a scream she flailed out and managed to snag the eyelid, swinging back in and hitting the aquatic beast with such force it knocked the wind out of her. She hawked in deep breaths as she scrambled to sheathe her blade; giving up, she grabbed it with one of her arm tentacles and left her hands free to cling to the beast.

She looked at the little Hylian boy and the Gerudo dancer. When this beast went down, she should be alright- she could breathe underwater, after all, and the whirlpool of the sinking beast might be tough to escape but she could manage it. Wait it out until it was weak enough to swim out. But the other two- they weren't Zora. They would drown! How were they planning to get to safety before that happened?

A second furious roar broke her attention away. How about we focus on not dying before we worry about how we're gonna swim away? The Octorok was thrashing, and Yuku screamed in terror as her hand slipped. The eyelid was wet with blood and...whatever that gloopy stuff that poured from the busted eye was. She scrambled back up, every limb she could spare wrapped around the eyelid.