Well, son, it's Tantari Desert {Sunwell}

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Guy, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

After pouring another swig of cool water down her gullet, Sienna passed the Bottomless Bottle over to Guy, then activated her Shadow Orb to again gain relief from the ferocious desert sun above. Even with her protective Dodongo Scales and the shade of this orb of darkness provided, it was hot. Maybe she just wasn't used to desert life. Or maybe it was the fact she insisted on wearing several layers of dark, heavy-as-fuck armor.

Guy took a swig himself, sighing with relief. Any wise man would travel Tantari Desert by night and rest by day, but the intrepid trio of Julius, Guy and Sienna were a peculiar bunch. All three had several measures to protect from the desert's daytime heat, but two had virtually nothing to save them from the ferocious dry cold that would bear into them at night. Their first night in this wasteland--last night--was a harsh one, even wrapped in blankets and surrounded by several roaring campfires. As a being who could light his entire body on fire at will, Guy didn't particularly mind either way. Water still tasted nice, though, regardless if his body was living obsidian or flaming magma. A soft chuckle escaped his snout, "What a pity it must be, to be made of wood or flesh."

Sienna's voice immediately snapped, "I will end you," before forcefully prying the bottle from her brother's hand and taking another gulp. She callously tossed the bottle towards Julius--not even caring if its endless contents spilled out onto the sand. As the water sprinkled, it audibly sizzled--so insanely hot was the ground beneath them.

Amused with her reaction, Guy prodded just a little bit more, "Come on Sienna, we were born in the desert. Surely this can't be--" He abruptly propelled away from her, skidding across the sand--narrowly dodging her fist as it slammed into nothing but hot air in its wake. Guy quickly changed the subject--even he didn't want to pry the ball of murder-slaughter that was his sister. "Anyway, it does seem several tiers hotter today than the day before." He shot a slight glance towards Sienna, just to make sure she wasn't going to cleave his head off anymore, before continuing. "I wonder if that means we have left Tantari and slipped into Sunwell? Even the sun seems a bit bigger, now." He was walking ahead of the other two now, showing off in his typical obnoxious way as he walked backward to face both of them.

Sienna sighed, disinterested in this conversation, and again took shade under the veil of her Shadow Orb. As far as she knew these things had limited juice, and even she didn't want to waste it all at once.

(Will has given permission to have an alternate entrance to Sunwell Fragment: 'The entrance is in Tantari Desert but it is a gradual transition, and you might not realize it until it's too late.')
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius sighed as he watched the siblings' antics. Of course, he didn't particularly care for the heat either -- even with his Dodongo Hide, he still felt... rather toasty. Perhaps he problem was much the same as Sienna's, but even still he gestured towards Guy for the water. "It was an excellent idea to bring one of these. I wish I had known about them sooner... Do you think, perhaps, that Alice or Gustav might know where to get one?"

He knew neither of his other companions cared much for small talk, but caught the bottle as it flew from Sienna's hand at him. If they some how dropped it... They wouldn't meet their end from any monster or beast; no, they would perish like many other adventurers. Simple dehydration. Julius couldn't be sure about how Deku Scrubs perspirated, but he knew himself to be a sweaty mess. His twice-leather tunic clung to his skin from the sweat, and it did not feel... good.

He wanted to shed his second skin, as he had come to call it, but he knew just how bad of an idea that would be. The ground below them was burning hot -- if not for their protection against its heat, he had no doubt that it might very well cook them alive in their skins.

He continued sipping from the water as his shield rattled against his back. He was starting to regret bringing it -- the thing was constantly wearing him down, but with what he now wore on his forearm, he was easily just as strong as Sienna, even if she might not be ready to admit it. He idly looked over at the mass of steel and wood, whom had activated her Shadow Orb, as he knew them to be known. He had been given a few explanations about the way the items worked -- that they might possess a limited charge, and that they might be drained of energy while in direct sunlight.

Sunlight... Julius looked up at the orb above them. It was sweltering by now, but it was no matter to any of them. He simply hoped that, were the gems to be drained of whatever energy they held, they would also be able to find a way to restore their power, without the aid of a mage or wizard or whatever they called themselves these days. "The portal was supposed to be in the Eastern Caves... But out here? Well..." Julius looked around himself. The further they went, the less it looked like the Tantari he knew from his youth. However, with all that had happened since then, he could not be sure that it would look the same.

Endless dunes stretched before the group; they were in a sea of sands, and they might not find their way out of this place, if they had in fact wound up within the strange dimension already.

"Fuck it. Guy, turn your crystal on as well." He had told them both that they possessed a limited charge, but it wasn't a certainty. Whatever happened, he supposed, would happen. "If we're in Sunwell already, then I'd rather die in the shade. Stay close, since the shade overlaps." He continued to keep a stern watch around them, with Guy no doubt having his eyes to the front. Sienna was likely concerned with guarding their rear, so he thought it might be best to--

An arrow suddenly whizzed by them, its archer unapparent in their surroundings. "Stop here! You two -- defend my body," he said, as he 'went ghost' as he had explained to the brother and sister. Essentially, he cast an illusion, rather similar to what Guy had become able to do. But, with the lack of shadows around... It was useless, frankly, in their current surroundings. As his illusion appeared, he traveled quickly over the horizon -- he did not need to breathe. He had no weight. It was... Well, if he could stay in this state, he would not mind.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy laughed softly, "I'm sure one of them does. Actually, I wouldn't mind picking up a second." He rubbed his obsidian chin, a slight smirk in his voice, "I have an idea for how a second one could be put to great use. I'll find Alice with you, after this is over. Although Gustav tends to be more, uh... amicable... Alice seems the one to have weird or magical trinkets. That is more or less her specialty, I think."

Sienna grumbled in mild annoyance, before drawing herself closer to that Hylian bastard. These stupid Shadow Orbs overlapped, and the heat would be easier if they were closer in proximity. Still, she was not keen on getting all cozy with a colossal tool like him.

"We heard different rumors, I guess," Guy replied, "I heard the portal was out here in the desert somewhere. I guess we will find it sooner or later... but it does definitely seem to be supernaturally bright... Maybe the desert is playing tricks on my mind, or I've been spending too much time in the shadows."

An obsidian eyebrow cocked. Guy was warm, but not so much so he felt the need to activate his orb. Nonetheless, he complied--only for the telltall sound and flash of an arrow to shoot right between them, glance off Sienna's spaulder, and stab into the sand behind her. Guy nodded at Julius reluctantly--guarding something was hardly his forté--but Sienna obviously had other plans.

As the captain's diseased body went limp and collapsed behind Guy and his Mirror Shield, Sienna ripped out a Bombchu from some crevice in her armor and set it carefully on the ground. Guy glanced at her with wide eyes--"When did you."

"Gustav," she grunted. There was almost a grin in her voice. Instead of letting it fly loose, she snapped her Magnet Boots onto its face and soared at dizzying speeds across the surface of sand. Her glaive stabbed forward, piercing hot air as she searched for a target. If there was indeed something hiding in these sands, she was going to give it an explosive, lethal greeting--whether that Hylian jackass pointed it out to her or not.
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius was going faster than he would have been able to in his physical form than he should have been able to otherwise. He felt free and good, yet his eyes wandered.

Specifically, his eyes wandered upon the form of Sienna, going at nearly breakneck speeds over the desert sands. What the fuck, he thought to himself, seeing the strangeness of the situation as plain as though it might have been day, in the seemingly endless desert that surrounded them. He floated over to the slightly faster Sienna, wondering what kind of strange technique she had come upon, to allow her to move so swiftly in the sands.

"...Hunh." Julius grunted as he neared Sienna, seeing the Deku sister mounted upon an apparent live fucking Bombchu. "That is... a rather creative use for the mechanical rodents, I must admit. I applaud you," Julius spoke, floating alongside her as they sought out whatever had fired that stray arrow -- or was it maybe a bolt? -- that could have very easily spelt death for one of them. He cast his eyes left and right, up and down, all along the desert dunes. It was difficult to tell where anything was, as it all looked nearly the same. Maybe the shooter had camouflaged themselves... It would be easy to do in a place like this.

However, as they continued into the wastes, Julius -- Sienna too, most likely -- noticed something... strange, in the dunes. It was an irregular, rectangular shape. Hard to see from a distance, but assuming you knew where to look, quite easy to spot.

"Do you see that?" He gestured to the area where the structure was. It made sense to Julius now -- it was constructed of something similar to sandstone, and blended in with its surroundings naturally. "I'm going back, to go get Guy and my body. Don't get in over your head. We still don't know anything about where we are."
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Between the woosh of hot wind and the buzz of the Bombchu beneath her, Sienna could barely even hear the man's ghost. It was a freaky experience to be talking to someone's ghost as their diseased corpse lay behind, even for her. Nonetheless, they both searched across the dunes, before they both noticed the sandstone structure at about the same time.

Sandstone. 'Fragile,' was the first thought to Sienna's mind. As she zoomed closer, it became difficult to tell if it was truly sandstone or simply something that resembled it. Although she hated the thought of relying on Guy or much less this guy, she gave a slight nod and grunt of confirmation. If they truly were in the dimension known as Sunwell Fragment, there could be something truly horrible awaiting her. Other dimensions always seemed to have the nastiest, freakiest of things.

She grinned.

The structure was short and covered in sand--very well camouflaged. If the sun hadn't been glinting off the sandstone just right, it would have been practically invisible. A head could be seen poking through a tiny window--but all Sienna could make out a greenish-brown color. Was that a Gerudo? A Bulbin? She didn't have time to decide--she was coming in on it too fast.

The face shot out a projectile with the tell-tale twang of a crossbow bolt. Sienna had no time to dodge, but was lucky enough to be zooming towards the structure at an angle at high speed. The arrow whizzed against her mask, slashing across her cheek and hitting the back of her helmet, flinging it off into the open wind. The impact was enough for Sienna to topple off her Bombchu, cursing in annoyance at the fact they hit her--and at the fact she had been de-helmed before the fight even began. Damn cowards and their damn bows.

As Sienna toppled into the sand, a ferocious explosion tore into the structure. Several shrieking voices could be heard within as clouds of sand exploded into the air. It would have been wise for Sienna to recover her helmet, or wait for the others--..."Damnit," Sienna whispered. The sand of cloud was enveloping her as well. With a hiss of annoyance, she dove back and grabbed her helmet. She wasn't intent on waiting long. Either they were getting here in the next five seconds, or she was diving into that structure with blades swinging.

Meanwhile, Guy had been guarding behind his shield with no more arrows headed his way. Julius' body sprung back to life in almost the exact moment Guy noticed an explosion of sand nearly a hundred feet away. "Julius, damn your big ass being too heavy for me to carry. Let's go!" He abruptly shot forward, propelling over the dunes on the frictionless skid of his Hover Boots. Less reckless than his sister, he at least was careful enough to keep his Mirror Shield covering his face and chest as he sped forward.
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    The great thing about Julius' current situation, was that even though he moved quickly as a ghost, he wasn't necessarily as slow in his armor as one might think. No, slightly before being assigned to this outing, Julius had obtained a rather mystical pair of footwear; moreso than the socks that already graced his feet, at least. To some, they were known as Pegasus Boots.

All he had to do to activate its effects were to simply jog in place for a few moments. As Guy zoomed off ahead of him, no doubt using Propel, and then allowing his Hover Boots to allow him to skate effortlessly on the desert sands, Julius abruptly began sprinting at speeds almost unthinkable to many. He was going so fast, in fact, that he thought he might tumble over and break his neck or something.

Needless to say, he caught up to Guy in a remarkable amount of time. With legs almost as long as the Deku's entire body, combined with boots that made him faster than all but the fastest of Hylians, it was a no-brainer that he'd at least match the pace of the Deku thief.

"I can't say much about the situation, but that explosion was the Bombchu, I would wager. I'm not sure what else may be around, but there's a... I want to say sandstone structure, naturally camouflaged into the sands. We can't be sure how many others there are, so just be careful, alright?" In between all of his huffing and puffing, he had somehow managed to relay all of this to Guy. He knew he wouldn't have to give him some kind of step-by-step plan of attack; no, he was sure that he knew if his sister were there, then there might not be anything left to take care of by the time they got there.

Which just so happened to be as she leapt up, Cleaver in hand, ready to seemingly destroy the structure and all its residents.
  7. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Dindamnit. Did everyone get some kind of special trinket they didn't tell me about?!" Guy's eyes narrowed at the man, obviously jealous and annoyed with the fact that he went from having the fastest overland speed of all three of them to the slowest--all in a minute's time. What is Hyrule coming to?

Shaking off that feeling, Guy answered the second question, "I'm fine if Sienna wants to get herself killed, but I value my life more than that. You don't need to tell me to be careful, Julius." Looking ahead, the cloud of dust rang with the sound of metal clashing against metal. Guy and Julius burst into it, and of course Sienna was already mid-battle. Guy could tell the bombchu must have blown a huge hole open in the structure, but it was still mostly in tact.

Drawing his sword, Guy pushed towards the opening with Julius in tow. Inside, clouds of sand obstructed their sight, but it was obvious at least four different Hylian-sized figures were closing in around a smaller one... who, of course, was wielding a sword several times her size. Guy heard the sound of a crossbow loading, but most of the figures seemed to be wielding swords or scimitars.

Just when he was about to act, a roar exploded from Sienna's body as a sudden pulse shot out in all directions around her. The sand cleared away instantly, revealing Sienna's body, her Death Cleaver dripping with blood. Around her, four lightly armored Gerudo flinched backwards from the sudden blast--and a fifth Gerudo on the ground, clutching a gigantic gash through her abdomen.

Guy's eyes instantly located the one among them not wielding a sword, but a crossbow--with a bolt freshly notched and rising from her hip. With less than a second to act, Guy shot forward with a second propel, tackling into the archer and sending her bolt impotently into the ceiling. He wrestled to take his blade to her throat.

That left three standing Gerudo, all of whom just noticed the two intruders enter. One uneasily tried to parry off Sienna, while a second rushed towards Julius, and the third dashed towards the wrestling Deku Scrub--only to abruptly get a Deku Nut spat in her face.
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Fuck," Julius shouted, audibly. He knew they could reason with these Gerudo -- but not with Sienna present. He didn't know what to do. Well, they had made the first blow -- and they couldn't even be sure they were truly Gerudo anyways. If they were in Sunwell -- which they very well might not be -- then they could be certain of nothing.

Regardless, they had very real killing intent behind their attacks on them. Julius drew his blade in almost an instant, reflecting the beams of light off its surface, and inadvertently blinded the one charging towards him -- just long enough for him to counter her charge with a Spin Attack, ending the attack -- and the Gerudo's life -- quite quickly. Julius didn't pay enough attention to what happened, as he was already off to aid Guy in his fight.

He knew how the small Deku fought -- his mobility was his real advantage; not his strength or defense, as was the case with himself and Sienna. He brought his sword to another of the Gerudo's bodies -- only to shift into a Helm Splitter in the middle of his charge. Thankfully, with the roof being... well, decimated, it made his task all the more easier -- he leapt into the air, bringing his blade down, harder, faster, and with more force than he thought himself capable of. He noticed that he hadn't actually jumped as high as he usually did with this technique, either; it was strange, like... Well, like gravity had somehow grown in strength.

The Gerudo's head nearly dropping to the floor, however, only stood as a testament that it hadn't affected the strength of his technique.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Julius and Sienna were holding back the rest, leaving Guy to focus on bringing his blade to this damn woman's throat--only for her to gradually overpower him, and turn the sword back towards his own face. D-Damnit... If she was a Hylian woman, I could've... As a last-ditch effort, the Deku Scrub pulled on one his last resorts. His strength faltered for a moment as he concentrated on the spell, before abruptly blasting a ball of Fire out of his face and right into hers. A shriek of pain exploded from the woman's burnt lips as her hands instinctively moved to cover her face--giving Guy just enough of an opening to jab his blade through her neck with a grotesque, bleeding squirt.

The first Gerudo had nearly but cleaved in half. The second had been torn asunder by a spin attack. The third had been decapitated. And now the fourth had a sword sticking out of her neck. Despite it all, the three warriors responsible for all this barely even had a scratch on them.

With fresh blood dripping off his bare face, Guy scowled at the last woman standing. He scoffed, "Your friend just had to shoot that bolt, didn't she?" With a sigh, he dropped his shoulders, pulled out his blood-oozing sword, stood upright, and began to polish his blade. There was only one left, and she was visibly trembling. He didn't particularly enjoy killing people--especially women--but couldn't exactly attempt to make amends after his damn sister slaughtered one of them in cold blood.

Meanwhile, Sienna just pulled up her mask and glared up into the last woman's eyes. Guy didn't need to look to see the grotesque, brutal bloodlust in his sister's eyes. Her voice was colder and darker than a cloudy midnight deep in the frozen wastes of Snowhead as she said three simple words, "Drop. Your. Weapon."

The Gerudo hesitated, biting her lip... but her need to survive outweighed her desire for revenge. Her scimitar clanged impotently to the floor--and as soon as it did, Sienna shot it away from the woman's feet with a quick pulse. She too dropped her own weapon, cracked her knuckles, then walked calmly up to the woman. A twisted grin grew in her voice as she gleefully imagined all the horrid, unspeakable things she could do to this hapless victim. How much would it hurt? What sounds would she make? What would her insides look like~? She wanted this to be a personal and intimate experience, but she could feel that damn Hylian's eyes on her back. With a mildly annoyed tone, she spoke--without her eyes leaving the target. "It would be wise to... interrogate our prisoner... wouldn't it, captain?"
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius warily eyed Sienna. Was she going to kill the lone survivor? It was difficult to say, but Julius certainly expected it.

Perhaps that's why he was so stunned, then, that she suggested interrogation instead of slaughter. Nevertheless, he still felt the need for information. "That would be the best course of action." He spoke in an authoritative voice, like he was ordering a Guardsman to accomplish a task. He made certain to make eye contact with the woman. It made it easier to project his will onto her; interrogation, after all, was something he wasn't exactly inexperienced at doing. "Now, you're going to tell me how you got here, how many of you there are, and what you know about this place."

He took his helmet off, revealing his... rather grotesque looking face. "If you cooperate, it'll all be well-and-good, and you won't have to end up like your friends there."

Silence.

Julius drew his blade again, the crimson still running parallel to the brilliant silver of his blade. A look crossed the woman's face. While he hadn't killed quite as many as Sienna, she knew the man was still an apparently formidable opponent. She opened her mouth.

"We... wandered here, from the desert. I think we're still in the desert, but after we got separated from the king, I.."

Julius interrupted her immediately. "Wait, you said something about the King? And you're a fucking Gerudo?" A look of shock was evident on his face, though it wasn't fear; it was more like bewilderment at the situation. "Tell me more about this 'king'." The disbelief was evident in his voice. The Gerudo hadn't had a king in... well, not since he was a boy, at least; possibly even before that.

"Yes, our king. He returned to us some time ago; he wanted to reclaim the desert, what was ours, from Ganon and his clutches. We... Well, we started crossing the desert, and eventually, we wound up getting splintered by these... things. They're hard to describe -- like giant worms littered across the wastes. They would plow through our ranks almost deliberately, like they were trying to separate us from one another with a purpose," she muttered under her breath, "but I still think they were just fucking worms."

"...Worms. Tell me about them." He continued staring into her eyes.

"Giants made from fire. They.. Nothing like them exists in the Tantari, as far as anyone in the group was aware." Fear was gripping her voice. This was good.

"Alright. We're going to be exploring this... wherever we are. You're going to be coming with us, until we manage to find this 'king' you're talking about." He eyed Sienna. "This means no killing her under any circumstance. It does not matter what happens or what she tries. She's more useful to us as a captive than for whatever other wishes you might have for her, if this 'king' really did somehow wind up in here with us." He said the word king with a large amount of sarcasm each time it left his lips. "Either way, we need to get moving." He still had the flask of water, he realized, and took several long sips out of it, before handing it back to Guy. "We might die if we keep wasting time like this."
  11. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna's eyes narrowed at the Hylian. This is what she gets for doing him a favor, she supposed. Whatever. Sooner or later she was going to maim the women, and Sienna supposed she could wait until then. In the mean time, she covered her gear, placed two new scimitars with sheathes around her torso.

Guy meanwhile was watching the woman speak, his arms crossed in mock disdain for her. Interrogation was something he was rarely forced to do, so was rather relieved Julius was fine with spearheading it. He was surprised Sienna was even willing to let them take a prisoner, much less suggest they interrogate it. Maybe she was sharpening up after all? Probably not--there must have been some other motive.

If Guy had an eyebrow, one would have been raised at the mention of a king. He was a bit glad when Julius was surprised as well. This woman was obviously lying--that man had been dead or missing for decades. Even if the three of them somehow managed to wander into Sunwell, Guy highly doubted this was where the Gerudo King ended up. Surely with an army that size, he would have been able to get out somehow. However, this woman seemed rather young. If her story was to be believed, then she would have been born after the king disappeared... What would that even mean?

This was too suspicious. Something about her story was false, but he wasn't sure what piece didn't fit the puzzle. Just when he was about to suggest pushing her harder, Sienna abruptly forced a crossbow into his arms--along with a small quiver of bolts. It was from the woman he was forced to slay. He sighed--was this Sienna's way of rewarding him for his kill, or was it just because she herself did not enjoy crossbows? He couldn't be sure. Although the weapon had a bit of damage from the sand, it seemed in useable condition... Could sell for a decent amount with a bit of polish.

Sienna kicked a corpse, then spat in disgust at the one who was still alive. "You want it alive, then you keep it on its leash. Let's get going."

"Wait," Guy held up a hand, then kicked aside a few layers of sand to reveal a trapdoor. His eyes narrowed, turning towards the woman with obvious suspicion. "Friends of yours? Weapons? Stash?"

She blurted out suddenly, "Just provisions! Water and food... and a place to sleep." Her head whipped away in violent defiance, "You didn't ask about it!"

Sienna immediately looked towards the captain with crossed arms a look of disapproval--as if he hadn't properly potty-trained his damn dog.

Guy sighed slightly, then looked towards Julius, "You're right about advancing onward. We should at least check downstairs, though... Maybe cool down a bit, get a bit of food. I mean, you're still a Hylian, right? I assume you get hungry, and don't just eat for fun like we do." He shrugged, somewhat disinterested, "I don't mind either way. And Sienna--well, you know the only thing she wants I guess."
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "I'd prefer we keep moving, but... you're right. Let's go down and take the food, at least."

He lifted open the hatch, and was more than surprised at what he saw. "This is... fucking crazy." He dropped down the door, and was surprised at the lack of gravity. "What in Din's name," Julius muttered in amazement at the experience. It was like floating in nothing. There were clods of dirt, sand, rock -- crates and barrels. Abruptly, he got out of the hole as soon as he could.

"You," he narrowed his eyes at the Gerudo. "What the fuck is going on down there."

"What--" Surprise was in her voice as Julius struck her with his gauntlet.

"Answer me." He locked eyes with her again.

"I don't know what you're--" He twisted her arm behind her back instantly, threatening to pop her shoulder out of its socket, and piloted her towards the door.

"What. The fuck. Is going on down there?" He threw her into the trapdoor. While someone would have expected to hear the faint thud of her body hitting the ground, it never came. He leapt into the hole next, unafraid of anything the Gerudo could possibly do to him.

"I.." She was speechless.

"You what? Didn't know about this?" Anger was evident in his voice. "Whatever. Get out of here." He took her by her arm again, pushing her out of the cache. He swam through the space, and looked at one of the crates. He would need to pry it open to get to its contents... but it looked absolutely ancient. Whatever was inside could not have possibly been of use to him, or his companions.

He appeared outside of the storage room some time later. "It's all shit. Ancient, worthless." He eyed the Gerudo again. "This place was already here, wasn't it? You didn't say anything about it because you didn't even know it was fucking there."

Silence confirmed his answer.

"That's what I thought." He turned his companions. "In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm assuming that gravity is somehow -- in whatever way -- tied to the presence of light here. It's why I couldn't go so high when I tried that Helm Splitter earlier, and I think why we've been having such a hard time handling mobility here." He looked at Sienna. "It's going to be a nightmare moving in all this armor if it gets brighter. We need to keep our orbs on from now on -- regardless of whether or not they run out of juice. Whatever happens will happen." He looked at the Gerudo once again, fear evident in her eyes, before picking up his helmet and knocking the sand out of it. "Come on. We've got shit to do." With that, the group set out into the desert once again, in search of... anything, really; something to point them in a direction. Maybe they would run into this fabled 'king', or maybe another one of these foxholes.

What was important, though, was that Julius had no idea as to how long they could feasibly expect to survive here any more.
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Sienna laughed coldly, "Should've broken a bone, at least. Fucking pansy."

Ignoring her, Guy himself investigated the phenomenon--and was force to come to the same conclusion as Julius. "It's oddly comfortable there. Sort of makes me wish this entire place was dark." His face grimaced slightly, "Dark. Night never comes around here, does it?"

The Gerudo twisted her head away uneasily. Making sure the woman couldn't see, Sienna shot the captain a knowing look--something along the lines of 'Don't worry asshole I'm not going to break your toy.' The tiny titan stomped up to the prisonered, and clutched her by the throat, forcing her neck down until it was craning up painfully into Sienna's own face. The mask was lifted, and Sienna bore down into her eyes with utter malice and contempt. Not fake. Not acting. She let the pile of flesh feel how much she was holding back, how hungry she was to rip out every last one of her ribs one-by-one while delicately making sure her grotesque greasy face could still draw breath. "HYRULEAN, BITCH." A Megamouth Mask was abruptly shoved over her face, amplifying the angered whisper so much it seemed demonic, "Do. You. Fucking. Speak. It."

"I-... I-..." The Gerudo squirmed uneasily, as if to push herself away from Sienna--only to feel her entire body thrown into the ground with a sudden smack.

Sienna's boot pinned the back of her head, smearing her face painfully hard into the gritty, sandy dirt that covered the floor. "NIGHT," her voice boomed so loud even Guy was forced to cover his ears, "HAVE YOU SEEN IT."

"N... No!" She sputtered out the word pathetically, making it obvious she was barely able to speak with that boot crushing her face.

Sienna kicked the woman aside, and placed her normal mask back over her face. She once again gave Julius a look, as if expecting him to be grateful the mammal was still intact.

Guy cleared his throat, and glanced off, "Well. That answers another question. I get the impression she hasn't been here very long... Or her memory has been altered... Or time flows differently here... Or she's lying about other things as well." He glanced at the woman once more--seeing her trembling slightly, sweating, and obviously trying very hard to keep her bearing. She at least was not lying about never seeing night, here. At least she seemed to be getting the message that deceiving them was a terrible, terrible idea. He stepped outside, looking up towards the sky. It definitely seemed brighter than it was yesterday, and although he previously thought it was fatigue, his body did feel... heavier.

He glanced behind him towards the other two, "I have less to carry than either of you. I never seen to get hot anymore, really... I'll save my Shadow Orb for now, in case we need a backup. You two should overlap both of yours for now, I suppose."

Sienna grimaced uneasily, but nonetheless obliged. These two bastards had gotten too comfortable with ordering her around. Activating her orb and surrounding herself in darkness, she glanced towards Julius again, then back towards Guy. "Give me some of your damn rope."

A minute later, the Gerudo's hands were bound in front of her, and the rope lead from her wrists along a leash of rope, which Sienna handed towards Julius. "Anyway, you fucks, we're heading in the same direction. I don't want us to go in fucking circles. Guy, the sun has stayed in the same place, hasn't it?"

"Y-...yeah, now that you mention it," he admitted.

"It's our compass," she dropped the words, plainly, before stomping off in the same direction as the sun. Guy shrugged in compliance--as he had no better ideas. The four of them ended up walking in a line, with Sienna and Julius in the darkest and deepest region, and Guy or the Gerudo on the less-veiled flanks.
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Alright," Julius spoke. He stayed close to Sienna -- he wasn't prepared to let one of those 'worms', or whatever the hell she'd been talking about, to surprise them. However, they had no idea -- no clues, no intelligence -- of where to go from here. They knew there were structures already here; maybe they could find more of them?

Either way, one thing was certain: they had a very long, boring, and exhausting walk in front of them. Whatever happened was of little importance to Julius -- so long as no one died, whether from hunger or dehydration, he wasn't concerned much. They could all go on for... quite a long while, should it be necessary, and none of them really felt heat any more, thanks to whatever protection from heat they possessed. However, it most certainly was going to be boring. They needed something -- anything, really -- to talk about, while they wandered this increasingly shitty place. He could rant about whatever he wanted to, really, but what was something they all enjoyed, or at least could talk about in some capacity? Arms and armor, he figured.

Guy still wasn't wearing a fucking shirt, but he could forgive the Deku Scrub, since he seemed to be made out of... obsidian. "Well, at least Sienna has one thing right," he spoke loud and clear over the desert. "You're fucking retarded for not wearing some kind of chest protection." He gave a small laugh at his own joke. "But, really, I'm thinking of opening some kind of weapons shop soon. My skills have been improving," he looked towards Sienna, now. "I think we could manage this, assuming you were willing to sell whatever armors and raiment you made. Gustav could probably run it, determine prices and all that, and do the taxes and all the other boring stuff. Better sales people than either of us at least, right?" He could hardly figure that Sienna was enjoying this conversation.

"Well, at least you've still got that Cleaver on you -- I should touch up on it, some time. I could probably improve some of your other weapons, too-- are you planning on keeping those scimitars? They looked pretty beat up. I can't imagine you enjoy using shitty weapons." He neglected to mention that she had two other weapons that functioned almost exactly the same as those scimitars. Did she just want to be a walking arsenal of unending pain and wrath?

Well, it was Sienna he was talking to. Knowing her, that was probably the case. "Well... if either of you can think of a way you'd like me to improve your weapons once we get out of here, you may as well start talking. We have nothing better to do anyways."
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Hey." Guy began to make a point about his chest not being stupid, but somewhat fell back on it. He shrugged a bit, "Maybe it's idiotic of me, but the only time I died I happened to be wearing a chestpiece. Also somehow being made of fucking obsidian makes me feel as though I don't need as much armor as fleshbags like you and that Gerudo over there." A quiet chuckle came out of his face.

"Shut up, Guy," Sienna grumbled in mild annoyance. Not that she minded being able to vomit sword-limb spiders, but being living armor had been a fantasy of hers for a while. In truth, their sibling travels seemed to be long walks of silence and general gritty depression and mild hatred for the entire world. Maybe that's just how Sienna saw it. She wasn't sure if that was the case--not if she really cared. Still, the old walk-and-talk was not often her thing. Her following words were a bit hesitant, though she mostly just sounded disinterested. "I do... make armor at times. It is... calming."

Guy shrugged, "I've seen her break down armor for scraps, then make a better suit out of it, then break that down, and--well, you know where I'm going with this. Sometimes I swear it's the only thing she does other than walk around and kill things. She doesn't even... sleep much."

"At all," Sienna hissed quietly, "If I can help it." Being helpless like that--unconscious, unaware--it was the only time Sienna truly felt vulnerable. Exposed. There's no doubt there were multiple bounties on her head, and she was sure she must have thwarted at least one assassination attempt through insomnia. At least one. Speaking of paranoia, she glanced to one side towards the Gerudo. Good. Still imprisoned.

"Anyway... That seems like it would be right up Gustav's alley. Whenever I find scrapped weapons, I often turn them into him for a decent profit." He shrugged slightly, "I'm sure he could give even more for the high-quality stuff I've seen you make, Julius. Despite what Sienna says, that sword is badass."

"Make me a greataxe next. Big." Sienna interjected abruptly, "That stupid cane Guy has--use that as the handle. Make the blade out of Goron Iron so it doesn't break. Use a thunder gem, too. And compaction seeds."

Guy's brow raised slightly, "Use... a different cane. I enjoy the one I have, thanks." Still, he was almost surprised Sienna actually spoke several sentences in succession. It was about a weapon, though, so it wasn't too shocking. It was directly related to her favorite conversation topic: inflicting pain. He sighed softly, "I'm accustomed to my sword and knives being made of steel. If you have any recommendations, though, I'd be all ears. Maybe you could incorporate different elemental gems into different knives? I'm not sure how many different materials you could use."
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Greataxe, big, with a 'stupid cane' for its haft and a Goron Iron head. Got it," he replied, with some amount of sarcasm. However, already he was coming up with designs in his mind. How could he preserve the magic in the staff, and affix and ax head to that? It would be a difficult thing to do for sure, but that wasn't a bad thing. "And a Thunder Gem as well..." Of course, he was keeping track of the compaction seeds, too.

He looked towards Guy, have realizing he asked a question. "Different gems to different knives? Sure, I could do that... I could also mix and match gems, so that you can... overlap? the enchantments. Something along those lines, at least. From all of the research I've conducted, it's been tried in the past -- but no one's really been able to do it, so... It looks like I'll be the first, when I try it out." He knew that certain magical materials -- like the blade he himself wielded -- had a sort of... resonance, with others. In the case of Mirror Silver, it was more that it actively rejected sources of magic, which meant that Julius was, so far, unable to imbue it with any gems and some other materials as well.

"Of course, I'm sure you'd like them to be much the same as your current knives, correct? Maybe you could let me see Justice some time, as well. Probably after you see how those knives turn out. Of course, since they're just knives, I'll hold off on using some of the more exotic materials." He wasn't going to name names -- there was no reason for Sienna to find out about Splinter Crystals right now. "Skyward Silver would probably be a good start for Justice..." Again, already coming up with an compiling ideas of what he could make the next incarnation of that sword look like. It was an almost mystical thing, crafting; he enjoyed it, but he had never seen a reason to progress beyond what he had known then and there before these past months.

Well, it seemed that he finally had a purpose in doing so, now. Of course, with so many weapon designs spiraling around in his head, he was hardly paying attention to where he was going, or what else he was doing -- all that was happening, to him, was a long, boring desert walk. The Shadow Orbs did their job, as well as his Dodongo Hide armour underneath his Zora Mail.

Perhaps, then, one of his less preoccupied companions spotted the strange glimmer far into the distance. It was miles away -- so small that it seemed like an ant -- but on the broadside of a dune possibly a hundred miles or more away from them, there was a definite shape of glimmering sand moving all around. It was a strange, almost hypnotizing thing; something that Julius was unaware of.
  17. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy smirked slightly--or at least as much as a Deku Scrub could do so. It felt a bit strange, but pleasant, to hear someone else refer to his sword by that name. "I believe I've heard of Skyward Silver... That would indeed certainly be a good start. I could give you exact weight and dimensions, and tell you a bit more about the blade's balance, but..." Drawing his blade with a smooth sound, Guy extended its tip upward, peering upon its surface. Though he himself was skilled enough to regularly sharpen Justice, the blade was noticeably thinner than when he had it last crafted. It was a good, loyal sword--and he had certainly put it through its paces. It was about time to let it be reborn, he thought, after this was all over... assuming they even made it back to Hyrule. As he looked upon his blade, however, he noticed something glinting behind it--far in the distance, at least a mile. An oasis? An illusion? The blinding sun seems liable to play tricks on wandering eyes, at least in his experience.

His eyes turned towards their prisoner, only to see all the color drained from her face--eyes fixed forward towards that same glint. "Damnit," Guy mumbled underbreath. His hand instinctively dug into his pouch, before he remembered, "Shit... I forgot I lost my Hawkeye. But you two, look at that." His blade outstretched into the distance, pointing direction towards the glint.

"It doesn't look like much, but--" He glared again at the Gerudo, "--It's one of those giant flaming worms, isn't it?"

"N--" The woman began, before immediately feeling Sienna's fist smash into her stomach, forcing her to gag hard and buckle forward. As if that wasn't enough, Sienna's steel gauntlet backhanded forcefully across the woman's face--sending several droplets of blood sizzling onto the sand below.

"Consider that a fucking courtesy," Sienna growled. "I could have broken in your damn skull." It was probably true. Definitely true if Sienna used a Warlock Punch. Regardless, it was obvious to Sienna the girl must have been lying. As far as Sienna cared, the Gerudo didn't even hesitate to spit out exactly what she wanted her captors to hear. At this point the woman probably would do anything to kill or assault her captors, even at her own peril. Maybe she even thought she could get away in the chaos of a battle with one of those damn things.

Looking towards Julius, Guy said warily, "It is... definitely approaching us, very quickly. That much I can tell. It's either an illusion, or something truly monstrous. I see no other possibility."
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius eyed the thing in the distance. His vision wasn't what it once was-- not by any means-- but even he could make out the monstrosity as it strode towards them. Plans started racing through his head; they couldn't take it in direct combat, no matter what any of them thought; even Sienna, with all her might, strength, rage, and agony probably would not be able to fell this goliath.

"We need to find cover," the old Guardsman started, looking through his Lens of Truth at the nearby dunes. The monster that was headed towards them was by no means an illusion, but Julius wasn't sure about what might be hidden amongst the desert dunes otherwise.

Close to the crest of one of the dunes near the valley there were almost in now was an old, dilapidated tower -- built out of the same not-quite-sandstone material they had encountered when they had taken their prisoner. Julius watched with cautious eyes as the worm continued to close in their position at a remarkable pace. "I think I know just the place." He threw the Lens to Guy, just so he could see their destination easier. He wondered, idly, if Sienna could even hold his delicate magical tool without grinding it to dust in her grasp. Well, it didn't matter; she could just follow them anyways.

He grabbed the Gerudo by her body and hefted her onto his shoulder, before beginning to run in place once more -- and launching off at ridiculous speeds yet again. He cleared another half a mile, and continued the same motions each time -- it was far, far less tiring than running normally, and much quicker for that matter, too. It was almost like he wasn't wearing his armor!

He neared his destination and narrowed his eyes, still watching the worm grow nearer, closer, and bigger. What had been glistening behind it, they could tell now, was that the worm was hot enough to actually turn the sand into glass. As it traveled. Julius' jaw would have dropped, were it not for the impending doom of the situation; they need to hide, and fast, because there was absolutely no way they were going to be able to take it on in combat. He looked up at Guy, who was already at the top of the tower. Almost without words, he caught the Lens of Truth as it sailed down from the apex of the structure. Hastily, he climbed up to the top, with the Gerudo in tow.

He threw the Lens back down to Sienna, and then looked back at the worm. They had enough time, now -- but they could see something of its actual size, now. It was massive; awe-inspiring, fearsome, frightful and intimidating. As it swam through the sand -- which rapidly transformed into molten glass around it -- bursts, long gouts of fire, escaped through its black, glistening... Julius could only assume that it was some kind of armor, but he couldn't be sure. Above all else, he surely did not want to find out.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy caught the Lens, peering through it--expecting to see some illusion Julius hadn't mentioned. He could see more clearly through the heat that boiled up from the sounds around them--and through that there seemed to be a tower, unfortunately not far off from the direction the worm was heading. Was that really their best plan? It was difficult to tell from this distance, but it seemed as though that monster would have little difficulty ripping down--or melting down--a tower if it strongly desired to do so.

Before he realized it, Guy felt his black body plucked up and --"Fuck, Sienna, those spaulders are sharp!"

"Shut up, you're stone. Can't hurt that much" With her brother over one shoulder, Sienna slapped down a Bombchu beneath her and hopped on. Her balance wasn't the best, but the Magnet Boots kept her feet securely in place. In an instant, the pair were buzzing along loudly behind Julius. In the back of her mind, she wondered if the explosive mechanism beneath her could even support both her weight and her brother's. Worst case scenario, it would rupture, explode, and injure or maim Guy. She had a Bombproof Ring, after all...

"Still can't believe you're fucking faster than me," Guy grumbled.

"I said shut up," Sienna barked. The little bastard could still practically fly and walk on walls and all sorts of crazy shit, yet he was angry two people with more muscle in their legs than in his entire body could travel faster than him. She began to fantasize about what might happen if she just threw the man's body right in front of her... wondering if it would be a gory spectacle for the Bombchu to blast it apart. As she fantasized, something occurred to her suddenly. That Hylian was veering off away from the worm. What the hell? Was he running away? What a bitch!

"Damnit Sienna, even you can't fight that thing," Guy hissed, "Either follow Julius or drop me."

The woman sneered. Maybe she couldn't kill it like this. The damn thing could probably melt any weapon she currently owned... But one day, when she had better gear, and was even stronger, she promised she would return to rip out its entrails--or its children's entrails. Something's entrails.

As Sienna finally adjusted her course, Guy finally let out a sigh of relief. Glancing over his shoulder, he could see the tower closing in fast. He clambered onto his sister's shoulders, and made a mighty Roc-empowered leap off of her, double-jumped, and finally propelled high onto the side of the tower, catching himself on its side thanks to his wall-walking technique. He quickly scampered up towards the top, jetting up with a second propel and double-jump, before landing acrobatically at the top. From this perch 100 years up, he eyed the monster as it closed in--disturbingly close now. As Julius ascended the spiral staircase that lined the outside of the tower, Guy dropped the lens towards him.

A few seconds later, Sienna--who was the last one onto the tower--caught the lens. She glanced up at Julius with an annoyed expression of, 'The fuck am I supposed to do with this?' Nonetheless she shoved it between a slit of her armor, and begin climbing...

On her second lap around the tower, Sienna saw it. It was crashing through the sand like a gigantic bullet through air. It must have been a hundred feet across, and so long she couldn't even sprint across its length without losing her breath. The entire world seemed to shake as it rumbled towards them. She felt the heat strike her face from an insane distance away--it had to be at least a mile. Numerous circular rows of teeth clamped and breathed the hot desert air. A dozen infernos spiraled down its back, blasting out flames as if exhaling them--as if it was so insanely hot and vile inside that any air which entered left as fire. Of the countless ferocious creatures Sienna had seen in her long and violent life, this... this outdid them all.

She wanted to slay it with every fiber of her being. Perhaps the only thing she wanted to do more was turn into a Subrosian just so she could ride it into battle. As it raced near--perhaps not even a hundred meters away and gaining fast--she felt something not unlike fear, or perhaps more accurately, reverence. She had grown so accustomed to the sensation death would take her any second that she forgot what it felt like to stare your own demise in the face. The worm adjusted its course towards the tower, and in that moment Sienna realized she likely would not make it out alive. Goddamn if this wasn't the most glorious way to die she had ever even considered.

Nonetheless, she was going to survive--such was her resolution. Sienna raced up the stairs, leaping up two steps at once, and stomping so hard the stairs were crumbling behind her. The entire world seemed to tremble as the worm abruptly twisted its path around the tower, encircling it... at this rate it was going to smash into it, or squeeze it, or maybe eat the whole damn structure whole...

As adrenaline pumped through Guy's veins, he heard what he swore was his sister's disturbingly-deep voice squeal in excitement. A shudder ran down his spine, but he quickly forced himself to recompose, "Get your asses up here! There's a hatch!" The obsidian scrub kicked open a wooden trapdoor leading into darkness. It was a long shot, but it seemed they had literally no where else to run.
  20. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    His first reaction towards Sienna's glance was to be sarcastic. Don't trip, he'd say, or... Or... Fuck. That thing was coming on fast at him now; at the whole structure, with himself, Guy, and Sienna included. Guy yelled something about a hatch as Sienna let out a... Was that a moan? Disgusted, yet filled with the adrenaline that usually came with a life-or-death situation, he began to pull himself up the stairs as quickly as he could. Soon, he reached the top, and as soon as Sienna was up there as well, he eyed the serpent a final time, before burying himself in the darkness of the hatch.

"Christ, it's dark in here," Julius whispered as he attempted to look around the place. Again, that same familiar sensation of floating. Only this time, he was still in his body. Of course. He couldn't be dead -- could he? Maybe that worm swept the tower up in its gaping maw and...

No, that wouldn't do. He was sure that he was still alive. Still breathing, at any rate. He touched an experimental finger to his neck. His heart still beat. They must have done something right, to escape that monstrosity.

He paused for a moment. He still couldn't see. He wasn't sure if either of the others could, either. Summoning all the willpower in his body, he snapped his fingers. This, he knew, could produce one of three possible effects- first, summon a Keese. This one would be useless. Second, was will Lexi to strike. Similarly useless. Third -- and this was what he was hoping would happen -- a spark would appear on his fingertip, and he could see.

He started counting the seconds, silently praying.

One.
    Two.
    Three.

A dim, yet warm light shined through his shut eyelids. He slowly floated down from the constant freefall he had been experiencing. Gravity was... tenuous, at best, still. It was, however, better than nothing. He looked around, before his gaze fell upon a... Was that a metallic head? He wondered. Could it just be a helmet? No, it was too... articulate, he thought, to provide any sort of protection. While he wasn't an expert at creating armor like Sienna, he still knew a whole lot of things about it.

Slowly, he walked -- floated, really -- over to the metallic thing. It wasn't empty. There was no space for your head to go; which meant, of course, that you couldn't wear it, and that it wasn't a helmet. He ran his eyes over its features, as it slowly floated down to the ground. With his free hand, he cradled the object, bringing its face to his.

"What are you?" Julius idly mumbled.

Suddenly, the machine sprang to life. Whirring and buzzing sounded from the mechanical -- electrical? -- contraption, as its eyes sparked to life.

"BRZZT." An extra loud buzz came from its mouth. "Unit GR-50... Zero... Zppt. Bzzrt. This unit is operating at one-one hundredth capacity, brrzt. Major repairs necessary!" Its eyes finally came upon Julius, and likely the Deku Scrubs who accompanied him, as well. "Unknown forms detected, rpzt." Its eyes scanned over his entire body slowly, taking in its features. "Armored individual closely resembles creators' forms."

Julius raised his eyes at that. Did it mean Sienna, or himself? No, if it meant Sienna, it would have referred to Guy as well... Hm. Julius opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the unit's voice.

"Other armored form: inconcl- zzrt, bzzt." Whirring sounded from the head again. "Third anomaly: form detected. Accessing data..."

"Do either of you have any idea as to what the hell this thing is?" Julius asked his companions. It was a long shot, but...