Water Purification

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Magnere, May 16, 2016.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Name: Water Purification (Since Purify was already taken.)
    PWC: Wisdom
    Field(s): Water, Zora, Heal?, Enchant?

Function: The user touches water that has somehow become dirty, polluted, or otherwise unclean, and after focusing their willpower and magical energy into the water, can slowly purify it. Small glasses or bottles take almost no time at all, but larger pools of water can take quite some time, ranging from several minutes, to perhaps an hour. Huge lakes could take weeks, if not longer. The time it takes to clean the water is always proportional to the amount of water, and how unclean the water is. Multiple casters can work together to speed up the process, if needed.

If a corpse, or something else similar, is in the water somewhere polluting it, this spell can not clean the water forever. It will slowly revert back to its polluted state unless the offending object is removed. This spell will only give you a general location of the most polluted areas, which may or may not be where the polluting object is located, depending on water currents and/or other circumstances.

This spell does not make the water any different than normal water, asides from the fact that it is perfectly clean and healthy to drink. This clean water can then be affected by other treasures, such as being enchanted with other spells such as Rejuvenation or Fairy Fountain, and spells like Water Control only helps speed up the process immensely.

----------------------------------

It is a very simple spell, but as I was looking through the library, I saw treasures that made water healing, but there was nothing that cleaned water at all. Because we all want to drink healing water, that tastes like rotten bodies and filth. I have absolutely no idea how much it should cost, but I doubt it should cost too much.

If there is any issues with the spell, or how I worded anything, or even perhaps a better name that you can think of, just let me know. I'm more than willing to work things through to make sure everything is okay and works right.
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
  3. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    There quite a few seed effects that have other treasures. Like Pegasus Boots or Eyebeams. I don't see why it still can't become a treasure. Admittedly I didn't see this before hand.
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Pure Water exists now. The effect and its limitations are simpler. That way, it's more clear what the spell can and cannot do.

It still has the same end result as what you described, though.

Admittedly I forgot about this suggestion before I made Pure Water.