To Reclaim the Past

Discussion in 'Completed RPs' started by UnnamedDude, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Noah did not appreciate the vigor with which their enemies assaulted them. As the others came to Wolfe's aid, the two fighting bandits came closer, running into a house, though it seemed the one who had the misfortune of going berserk was running out of energy. Still... he did not intend to let anyone die here. "That's enough of that," he muttered angrily as the lone bandit he'd been left with kept trying to approach him. He clapped his hands together and as he pulled them apart electricity arced between his fingers. Ancient symbols floated before him, and as he took aim, a circle of runes encompassed his arm. "O roar of heaven, become my spear... Out of my way!"

He fired, and the lightning shot forth with far more force than he anticipated; the bandit he'd focused on was thrown to the ground on impact. Noah had not managed to take enough control of it; when it became this way it was rare for him to be able to branch off streams. However, that small victory was broken when the wall he'd erected abruptly fell to pieces. The door crashed open and revealed three rather angry looking goons. Not good. There were too many of them and not enough combat-worthy among the tactician's party. Ariel was fairly clearly drained from her last mighty cast, and Wolfe was still recuperating from his near-death experience. A straight-up fight was out of the question...

"In there!" he called, drawing his sword and pointing to another nearby dwelling. "We'll use the door as a bottleneck! Wolfe, grab Ariel! Emilia, help them out!" As he did so, he took a pouch out and threw it to them. "Vulneraries!" He turned to find the newcomers drawing closer. "I'll be right after you. Hurry!"

Among these three, he had little doubt that he was superior to any single one of them; the problem being that they were not alone, and he had just used a considerable amount of magic.

One of them noticed his hesitation and barked a laugh. "And just who do you think you are, boy?"

He gave an icy glare. "I am the last of this village. And you're not welcome here."

There was a moment of anger before the charge. Very well, then. No more words. Noah had to keep in mind that he wasn't fighting to win, here; he was fighting for time. As soon as the others were clear he'd just have to pull back...

One swung high; Noah ducked. Another approached from the side and he jumped back. The last went with an overhead swing which Noah managed to see coming and sidestep, so it caught his vest but left him with minimal injury. He was aware he was slowly being pushed back, though, trying to keep an eye on three distinct targets, and trying to ensure that they wouldn't simply pass him... One in particular looked hungry to get at more vulnerable targets, he thought, but he was cut off by a blade that he had to parry and back away from. This time, Noah cut a broad swath in response, which didn't connect but left a nice opening for an enemy sword... which he knew, saw coming and immediately placed his own blade where the incoming weapon headed, to the result of a loud clash. Maybe if he could keep creating intentional openings, and blocking them, he could keep them preoccupied long enough for the rest of the group to make it...

Enemies (open)
    Level 3 Fighter: Inside the house, where his status is unknown. Berserk is starting to wear off.

Level 2 Myrmidon: Injured but not dead. Inside the house, attempting to escape.

Level 4 Mercenary: Circling Noah.

Level 6 Myrmidon: Just attacked Noah. Looking for an opening.

Level 5 Barbarian: Tricky, looking for a way to get past Noah and at the others.
  2. [v]

[v] Member new

Really, when he didn't expect a help from anyone, it sure came a lot and it turned out he was still alive. The lancer looked at the dead swordsman who died easily by the hands of those girls, he felt ashamed for being even weaker than this dead man. Now he had to feel inferior talking with these life saviors.

If only I can use a bow... Wolfe cursed his fortune once again.

As there was no time to be disappointed, or even time to say 'thanks', the lancer caught the tossed bottle of medicine and drank it before pouring some onto his injured leg. He firmly stood up again, picking up his dropped weapon, and assisted the dancing mage as instructed. One thing he noted in mind was that the shorty, Noah, had a tendency to keep his nosing eyes on everyone, probably both friend and foe.

As he approached the house, Wolfe was surprised by an escaping bandit who jumped out from a window. Though his immediate reaction was jabbing the man to keep him off. It hit his shoulder, and effectively slowed him down. The lancer then jabbed again at the man's head, showing no mercy. "Sorry, but just exhausted my luck just while ago, it would be risk to keep you alive."

"Let's give him a hand." The ex-soldier pointed Ariel at Noah who was holding off several bandits by himself, and said. "No matter how much of a rule-breaker you guys are, this is still a difficult fight. I'll cover you."

Enemy (open)
    Level 3 Fighter: Inside the house, where his status is unknown. Berserk is starting to wear off.

Level 5 Barbarian: Tricky, looking for a way to get past Noah and at the others.
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"Alright, alright, hurry up!" Emilia did her best to herd the other two into the house, the sooner they were out of the fight, the better. The man Wolfe had stabbed landed on the ground with a loud thud. That was one enemy less to worry about. But that left the question as to where his companion had wandered off to...

They found the answer inside the house, hiding behind a stack of crates whimpering softly to himself. The berserker poison had worked off, and it had left the man exhausted. When he spotted them he rose, trying to aim his weapon at them, but he was shaking badly and barely had the power to raise his arm.

"Pitiful." Emilia said, kicking the man's weapon out of his hand. She grabbed his hands, wrestled them against the crates, took out her dagger once more and slammed it down through his hands, pinning the bandit to the crates. The dagger gave off its trademark flash of light upon impact, and the man cried out in pain and fear.

"I doubt he'll be of any trouble right now. Feel free to finish him. I'll go help Shorty there."

Emilia glanced over her shoulder at Noah. He had commanded them to run, but there was no way he'd be able to keep those bandits off their backs AND survive the fight. Not on his own, at least. She ran back outside with her remaining weapon, joining Noah.

"Need a little help?"

Enemies (open)
    Level 3 Fighter: Pinned to the crates, too exhausted to prove much of a thread. You might want to knock him out.

4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    With Wolfe's support, Ariel managed to make her way into the house where they would apparently bottleneck the enemies. Once the lancer let go of her so he could take a literal stab at the bandit who ambushed them, she collapsed to her knees. Overdoing it with anima magic had never had these consequences, but the longer she stayed conscious, the more nauseous she became. Using her tome to tap herself on the forehead lightly, she shook her head and tried to get to her feet as Wolfe told her to give Noah a hand.

Key word being 'tried'. She failed miserably, succeeding only in wobbling for a few seconds before having to catch her fall again, and covered her mouth with one hand as she fought back the urge to vomit. Successfully doing so, she started rummaging through Noah's pouch of vulneraries, grabbing one and taking a swig from it. While it helped her head and stomach settle, her legs still felt weak and she could barely lift her tome, let alone cast from it.

"I'm sorry," she said to Wolfe, "I'm exhausted... I can't fight now."

Enemy List (open)

5. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Noah's mouth twitched downwards very, very slightly at Emilia's presence, as though it were more of an intrusion than a reinforcement. Was it truly that difficult to stick to a plan?

"Why are you here?" he asked coldly, never once taking icy eyes off of the enemies before him. "You know this is their home territory; you shouldn't have left those two. They're injured."

"Rrgh, never mind," he growled as the impatient axe-wielder made a run for their allies beyond them. Noah sprung forward, his own weapon already swinging, and forcing the sprinter to stop. It failed to hit him, but it did halt his advance.

At any rate... if the others were truly insistent on fighting out here, he thought it best to switch to the offensive. He needed to end this quickly so they had time to recuperate and prepare for their ambush.

He rushed the one who'd attempted to pass them, feinting left to draw out a block... before ignoring him and assaulting one of the swordsmen. He was, however, fleet-footed enough to avoid a clean hit; where Noah aimed for the head to give him a concussion, he found only a good hit in the neck. It did manage to unbalance him, which the tactician did not put to waste; he lunged in for another attack as his enemy reeled, and this time hit with a dead-on thrust to the solar plexus, leaving him out of breath. Noah switched to the dagger and finished him with one final slice, leaving him exhausted and poisoned. He paid for this victory with a retaliatory slash from his companion sword-wielder, leaving a nasty gash in the upper arm.

With a slight grunt of pain, Noah winced and backed away, taking a cursory glance at the wound. It wasn't life-threatening, and thankfully his vambrace had protected the vicinity of his wrist, but it was still painful enough to prevent him from using it fully. Hopefully the others had used the opportunity he'd given them to take out the one he'd feinted.

Enemies (open)
    Level 4 Mercenary: Just attacked Noah, ready to attack again.

Level 5 Barbarian: Faked out for a second, open for attack.
  6. [v]

[v] Member new

"That relieved me, actually." replied Wolfe as he pulled the girl's arm up, wrapping it over the back of his neck. "To think that I'll have a change to return you a favor, I'm still fortunate."

His single eye focused at the girl a bit, just to make certain she was still conscious, before he kept moving to the destined location. His leg was still bleeding a bit but it was healing up. With a normal pace, they were heading to Noah, as well as Emilia who were quick to aid the man.

The lancer said as he panted. "It's my turn to protect you, just stay still until you get better."

His sniper eye saw when the enemies ganged up against Noah, it also read further how the bandit swordsman was going to continue attacking. The man was about to turnaround with his sword, and was dashing forward. It was at that opening that Wolfe threw his spear with his armed hand. The thrown weapon hit the targeted bandit at his arm but didn't go deep enough to cripple it, though that much was required to get his attention.

The bandit swordsman turned to him and Ariel, who appeared defenseless among the rest of the party. Wolfe picked up a nearby sword of a dead bandit, and pointed that to the approaching enemy. The bandit pulled the spear out of his arm and winced a bit, but still looked angry.

"Oh-oh." Wolfe turned to Noah and Emilia, saying. ",would be nice to have one of you here."

For some reason, after that near death situation, he didn't fear of dying that much anymore.

enemy (open)

Level 4 Mercenary: Turned to Wolfe and Ariel instead, arm injured.

Level 5 Barbarian: Faked out for a second, open for attack.
  7. Squishy

"Aww. I had expected you to be a little happier to see me." Emilia said with a pout, which quickly turned into a grin as she hacked at the bandit that attacked Noah, making him stumble backwards.

"The other one is... well let's say he's stuck. He won't bother us anymore."

Right as she was about to say something about the hit Noah had taken to his wrist, a lance flew past her ear, embedding itself in one of the bandits' arm. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to do much as he pulled it right out again and tossed it aside, before advancing on Wolfe and Ariel. Could no one here hold their own against some bandits?

Emilia let out a shout of frustration, making a lunging move at the bandit. As expected, he raised his weapon to block her, and she used the opportunity to dive through his legs, slash at his ankles and grab for the dropped lance.

"Keep your junk with you!" She shouted, as she tossed the lance back at the one-eyed man. Then she turned to the now limping bandit, a mocking smile on her face. Without so much as a word, she slit his throat and let him stumble into the dirt.

"Now, what to do with the last one?"

Enemies (open)

Level 5 Barbarian: Closing in for another attack.
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    To Ariel's enormous relief, Wolfe didn't get mad at her for being unable to continue the fight. To her confusion, he seemed to be grateful that she couldn't cast a single spell anymore. Helping her up, he carried her to where Noah and Emilia were fighting. Ariel wanted to protest, to say that with him injured and her little more than a dead weight, they'd only risk getting killed, but she didn't have the strength to.

"This wouldn't have happened if I'd had my old spells," she muttered under her breath, regretting more than ever that she'd let the cook mess her up. She had tried many times to use her old fire spells, thunder spells, and wind spells, but never once had they responded to her. This was unusual, of course- Dark Mages were not locked out of the powers of nature. The cook could work Fire Magic- that was how he cooked.

She was rudely pulled from her pondering as Emilia threw Wolfe's lance back at them, with her customary complete lack of courtesy. Ariel frowned, but decided to chalk it up to the stress of the battle.
  9. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Noah grew more agitated by the minute. Of course. Of course Wolfe found it necessary to bring a wounded woman to the midst of the vicious melee. Of course he had to get in the frantic mix despite still being injured himself. No plan survives contact with the enemy, indeed.

He sheathed his sword and traded it in for his dagger. As he did so, he grumbled some unheard profanity to himself. The last bandit circled, but despite the bleeding, lagging arm, Noah's glare suppressed any urges he felt to attack. Any rational plan he had to deal with his foe was entirely lost in his frustration, yet he never looked so feral and ready to kill. The tactician stepped toward to meet his enemy, and so did the axe-wielder.

"Stupid..." he muttered aloud, twisting his body to avoid a heavy swing.

"Reckless..." he continued, moving forward, slicing upwards and leaving a long wound along the side of the bandit's neck.

"Fools!" He finished, stepping forward further to give a final slice along the back of the bandit and kicking him down. As his foe fell, Noah turned to his allies. He had attempted to hold it in, but he simply couldn't anymore, especially with the adrenaline running. The tirade was coming.

"Do your lives mean that little to you?! We didn't need to confront them out here! We could've slowed them down with those doors, minimized the risk! And you two," he went on, addressing Wolfe and Ariel, "Why did you even think of fighting in that state?! One of you can barely stand, and the other is still wounded! You could've been killed! Or knowing these scumbags, worse!"

He slowly stopped and growled something incomprehensible. There was no use in scolding them. He supposed that he'd have tried the same in their place. Instead he grabbed and dragged a still-living, concussed thug into the house with the first, who had been pinned down quite literally.

"All right. You two. You two are going to tell me what I want to know, or you're going to meet a fate too terrible for even Grima to speak of."

"And why-- why should we do that?" asked the dagger-held bandit in between gasps of pain.

Noah's hand sparked murderously. "Oh, I can make reasons. Start talking."

Despite the slurred speech of the concussed thug and the grunts of agony of the pinned one, he managed to extract some information out of them in this manner. There thankfully weren't many more of them, the remainder having left to investigate as predicted. After getting this intel, Noah proceeded to bind the former and bash the latter unconscious to keep them quiet. He then sighed, having burnt himself out from his earlier anger.

"All right. We'll fight from here. How is everyone feeling? Do we have any vulneraries left?" He pointed to his own injured arm. "I still need something to deal with this."
  10. [v]

[v] Member new

"I'd question you the same at first when you fired off your magic show, rookie." replied Wolfe, as he was not either happy about this whole situation. It supposed to be just a casual patrol at first, and he felt it was a bit off of how these bandits want them dead without nothing. Bandits were bandits, but there was always a way to negotiate, and that was too late now. "And remember, you're not my commander, don't think that we'll react to your great plan as if we're your pawns."

Actually, he somehow thought it might be better if he didn't meet these people. He might be well undetected alone in sand.

The spearman rested while the tactician interrogated the bandits, he searched the fallen bodies and got some medicines and antidotes, then just took just what he needed. He gave one to Ariel who appeared to need it most, then tossed one to Emilia even though he didn't think she need it, just to return a favor. "Already feel like I owe you a lot, thanks."

"So," He started talking to the dancer girl just to kill time and to forget the pain. "You mentioned about your old spells, what was that about?"

"Here." Wolfe said when Noah asked for vulneraries, as well as checking their condition, before handing over the bottle. He didn't say a word about his condition, as it already looked not so good. Even though it was healing up, he felt tired already. "What info did you get?"
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Thank you..." Ariel took the medicine from Wolfe and, without considering that someone else might need it and without regard for the horrifically bitter taste, downed the whole container within a few gulps. She then realized she should probably answer his question. It wasn't too terribly embarrassing to talk about anyway- it wasn't HER fault her colleague didn't have his hex ingredients in order.

"Freak accident," she said, "It's a long story. Suffice to say I grew up learning the Magic of Truth, using the basic elements of nature. But, well... I volunteered to be the test subject for a friend's experimental hex and he messed up. I've tried to use my Anima spells, but none of them want to function anymore so I'm limited to, well..." she waved her tome weakly. "I used to be more useful than this, honest. It's... just the first time I've had to use Dark Magic on people and I haven't figured out how to dose the power in the casts yet... it's very different." She then put a hand on her forehead, shaking her head. "At least I haven't had a blackout though, so that's good I guess."

She then turned to Noah. "On that note, Noah. I'll be okay, but I really need some time to regain my strength. I might not be able to cast my spells when the next wave comes, but maybe I could help out in other ways if I can rest a bit first."
  12. Squishy

So the shorty did have a bit of a mean streak. A small smile crept over Emilia's lips as Noah dealt with the two bandits. Perhaps she could stick around a little longer after this, the man might even be useful to her. At the very least she know had an idea of which buttons to push to get a reaction out of the man.

She caught the vulnerary that came her way, shook the bottle a little and looked at its contents, before setting it down on a crate.

"I don't need this."

Emilia had sustained some bruises, cuts and wounds, but nothing too serious. As long as she could stand on her own legs and hold a weapon, she wouldn't drink the potion. She did not want to show any weakness to these people, even if some of them would have called it reckless.

"Anyway, seeing as we're sort of having a break, I suggest we put up some traps. Trust me, they're great for keeping unwanted guests out." She said, walking over to the door. She knelt down and started working on a small, simple trap with a piece of string and a throwing knife.

It wouldn't do much, but it would slow their assailants down.
  13. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Fine," Noah muttered tiredly in response the lancer's own remarks, "I apologize. It was... ungraceful. But I stand by what I said, and it was intended to be for your good rather than mine." The tactician massaged his temples and reassured himself that this day would end soon enough. Then he continued, taking a dose of the bitter vulnerary as he did so.

"That aside... it seems as though there are only around half a dozen of them left. They're going to be wary after this, and it seems their leader is among them. He was evidently chosen for strength as much as for anything else, so he might be a problem. On the other hand, defeating him early might demoralize the others. Assuming we can pull that off," he muttered. Though no one save the dark mage seemed forthcoming with any injuries, Noah could tell that the battle had worn them down a bit. It wasn't lethal on its own, but with another wave coming it could prove very problematic. He was glad that they'd have a few minutes of rest. The calm before the storm, as it were.

He took stock of their surroundings. The room they were in would likely be the main battlefield; it was close to the door, had two open windows and there were many crates and barrels in the back. There also were stairs, which he went up to check. A scarcely-decorated upper level greeted him. A few chairs, a table, bookcases... it also held a hole in the wall, so it wouldn't be much protection. How to use all this to his advantage...

"We're going to cheat," he said matter-of-factly as he descended the staircase. "There's a good open space up top. If you'll feel strong enough to drag and drop things from there, the weight alone can be an immense help," he said to Ariel. To Wolfe; "We can make a barricade of those crates, too. We can arrange them so that your spear can go through holes in the wall of boxes while their broader weapons can't." And finally, he addressed Emilia. "And we can get the jump on them by firing through those windows. Does that sound like a plan?"
  14. [v]

[v] Member new

"That...sounds like a lot of work." Wolfe commented, while thinking about the possibility. It could be managed if there was time, meaning they will have to be quick with making decision. He wonder how strong of a barricade can they build, it could probably hold numbers of attacks, but would it worth? It was true that his spear could attack the other side, but once the trick is used once, the bandits will notice and be more careful about it. That was all for his limiting attack. He had to make sure that his first strike kill one of the enemies, to lessen workload of others. Then, he will have to rely on other members to win this. "...but could be managed, somehow. What is your opinion, ladies?"
  15. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    While Noah did Tactician things, Ariel exhaled and leaned back, trying to just not exert herself. She listened to his instructions and his assessment of the area. Apparently, she was to help out in non-magical means by dropping heavy things from the second floor onto the heads of their foes. That meant they had to hope there were no archers or mages amongst the enemy that could pick her off from a distance... although she was pretty confident in her ability to resist magic, an arrow in her shoulder would put her out of commission pretty easily.

Still, her mind was clearing up a little and she was aware of the time pressure, so she nodded quickly. "I'll get up there as quickly as possible. Warn me if they've got ranged options, though." When she got to her feet, she noted to her satisfaction that she didn't wobble anymore. "Just a few seconds."
  16. Squishy

"We don't have many other options, do we? I can sling some knives through the window, but I'm warning you; we might not get as lucky as before. The poison will make the victim simply attack whoever is closest to them at the moment."

The rest of plan seemed good enough, especially considering it was their only option. They had to make do with whatever was inside the house, and pray the bandits were starting to get as exhausted as they were.

"I'll help you get these up." Emilia said to Ariel. She started picking up the furniture she could carry on her own, and headed towards the stairs, passing Noah.

"Say, Mister Tactics," she started. "Once they're in sight, I can pick off those at the back of the group, but when my knives run out I'll be useless on long range. Think you can cover me while I meet them heads-on?"

It was a reckless plan, but if it worked, it might cause enough chaos amongst their enemies to scatter them. If Noah could keep most of the bandits away from her, she might have a chance to strike directly at their leader, or at least take out a large part of the group.
  17. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Noah nodded. "I'll give you what support I can." The plan seemed to be set, and with surprising cohesion they got to work. He arranged some boxes to form a crude wall, and then setting smaller crates behind large ones to help with stability. Eventually they were more or less finished, and used the remaining few minutes to catch their breath. Noah checked the window to see some men approaching and gestured to get in position.

From the look of it, there were three men leading with assorted weapons. In the middle was an imposing man of considerable build and strange, needlessly elaborate feathery headdress, and in the back were two men hefting bows. Unfortunately, both of them had notched arrows, signifying to the tactician that they were ready and looking. They saw their fallen comrades, but the leader kept them from going. Noah realized how stupid a decision it was to leave them lying around, and cursed inwardly. If they weren't suspicious before they surely were now. Still... he needed to wait until they were close enough for Ariel to strike, as well... he began weaving incantations. Wait... wait...

They got as close as he thought possible without detecting the party. Noah nodded and let loose a vicious blast of lightning, targeting the two archers. One had been inspecting a building on the other side of the street and took the brunt of the blast. The other had managed to dive and escaped with little more than singed hair. The close-range weapon users turned, two of them rushing in the general direction of the building, another whirling round to see what was happening. The leader did nothing, but he glared and observed.

Twenty seconds. Noah felt as though they had twenty seconds, maybe less, to wreak havoc and run wild. After that their foes would surely be able to compose themselves and counterattack.

Enemies (open)

Charten, Level 14 Mercenary: Taking in the din of battle.
    Level 6 Barbarian: Rushing the house.
    Level 4 Myrmidon: Close to Barbarian buddy, running.
    Level 7 Fighter: Trying to understand the situation.
    Level 5 Archer: Shocked in the literal manner.
    Level 3 Archer: Shocked in a metaphorical manner, has hit the dirt so as to not get killed.
  18. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Thank you," Ariel said as Emilia dragged some things upstairs. She hadn't expected the help, but she was genuinely grateful for it- dragging heavy things up a stairwell was a little too taxing. She wasn't exactly a battle-hardened axeman, after all, and her fragile dancer-mage body could push things but not carry them.

While the others set up shop, Ariel focused on getting some of her strength back. By the time everyone took to their positions according to Noah's plan, she flexed her fingers, feeling something more than blood flow through them- maybe there was a cast or two to be gotten out of her in case of emergency, after all. As the bandits approached, she looked around for relatively light objects to start her assault with. "Ohey," she muttered, "Books!" Walking over, she grabbed the first, thick-spined tome she found. A dictionary, eh?

"It's as good a start as any to get some literacy going in those beasts," she decided, grabbing a few more volumes from the bookcase and heading back over to the edge, slinging the first one towards the crowd without really aiming.

She nailed the closest bandit who had been running towards the house with an axe over his shoulder. She doubted the damage was sufficient to take him out, but the impact certainly made him stagger. His companions seemed to hesitate for a split second, but then simply continued their approach. Ariel's second throw missed, but with her third, she managed to hit the archer that Noah had already struck as well, knocking him out. "Literacy 1," she said, pumping her fist in victory, "Banditry 0!" She turned around, looking for her next projectile. Soon, they would be too close for the books to make any difference.
    Enemies (open)
    Level 6 Barbarian: Rushing the house, a bit dizzy from the impact of the dictionary.
    Level 4 Myrmidon: Close to Barbarian buddy, running.
    Level 3 Archer: Shocked in a metaphorical manner, has hit the dirt so as to not get killed.
  19. [v]

[v] Member new

Waiting behind the barricade, Wolfe noticed of the arriving foe. He didn't see how many there had, however, it seemed to be around five of them or less from the footsteps. Trying to calm himself down, he looked through the hole to see if something was coming his way, just to find that nothing can be seen the tiny space. He began to feel irritated of how limited of vision he had for this, but still kept his hand ready nevertheless. In order to not be found out easily, the hold was made so that no one can see his position from front view, and so his attack would his his target from aside.

The was until the lancer heard a striking from the other side that let him know the enemy had arrived. He tightened his grip and stared at the hole until he saw a shadow. An attacker from the other side tried to destroy this weak barricade by axing it. His attack landed once, and it needed only a few more slams to achieve.

Not a chance.

His sniper quickly locked at his target when he came into range, and smashed for a second time. As vague as it was, Wolfe made sure the target was not armored and that his head was left unprotected. His weapon, an axe, was brought down and was not going to come in his way. His movement, for some reason, was slacking as though his balance had been hindered. He was not sure.

The ex-sniper quickly took a step forward as thrusting out his spear. The attack went through the barricade hole and perfectly hit the destined position. It was only a small lance tip that embedded into the man head, though that was more than enough to kill someone.

Wolfe quickly retrieved his weapon, however, it was not quick enough as he had eye-contacted with someone who came to the dead's aid. He lunged out a next attack, but the new target had already been cautioned and got away.

Tch...now I have to change my position. The lancer retreated from the near fallen barricade and hid inside the house.

Enemy (open)

Level 4 Myrmidon: Close to his dead Barbarian buddy, and has spotted Wolfe.
  20. Squishy

Emilia had perched on the windowsill on the top floor of the building, eyeing the bandits while they approached the house. Wolfe and Emilia had already succeeded in taking one of them out, and had attracted the attention of a second one. Which left three others on the battlefield, since the myrmidon was too close to their barricade to use her throwing knives on. If she did, the chance was too big he would smash right through their wall of crates, leaving the way open for his companions.

Instead she focused on the fighter, the archer could be a possible target too, but she had no idea what would happen if he were to start firing arrows in all directions and their boss was just out of reach.

Emilia pulled her arm back, aimed, and flung the knife right into the bandit's shoulder. It took only a few seconds for the poison to take effect, after which the man started swinging his weapon around wildly. That would keep them busy while she moved on to the next part of the plan.

She looked over to Noah.

"I'm ready to jump in. Just say when."

Enemies (open)

Level 4 Myrmidon: Close to his dead Barbarian buddy, and has spotted Wolfe. Approaching Emilia's trap by the door?
    Level 7 Fighter: Berserk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.