Timber! (Combat RP: Selena + Wolfe)

Discussion in 'Halidom of Ylisse' started by Lightascetic, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Selena had embarked from the capital early yesterday evening, travelling late into the night. With some of Calderon's finest in her ranks, she was journeying to Lawrence Everett's side, in order to assist him in the crucial msision of returning their sworn sovereign Chrom's sister. In an attempt to spiral the land into a senseless war, their opposing nation, Plegia, had kidnapped her. Entrusting herself and Lawrence with the task, Chrom has ordered them to organise a small skirmish to attempt a rescue without causing a full-scale battle.

I wish he'd allowed me to ride with him... Serena considered again, perhaps for the hundredth time. For every ten strides of her horse, she worried for Lawrence's safety. She knew he had at least one healer with him, but...

"My lady, we should rest." Broken from her reverie, Serena turned to Helen, her leading Mage Knight; a refined lady with long, blonde locks that flowed around her like a halo. The look of concern in Helen's eyes shifted Serena's decision.

"Agreed." As soon as the word left her mouth, she felt her eyes sting with weariness. Rubbing one of them absently, she produced the map Robyn had bestowed upon her. "Rootvale is only a league away, we shall make for it." With her troop bolstered by the promise of recuperation from their almost relentless march, Serena spurred her mount into a half gallop towards their destination.

With the afternoon sun high, but gentle above her, Serena arrived at the gate of Rootvale. The plain itself was surrounded by an expansive ring of woodland, but the most impressive display of nature lay within the village's pristeen white walls. As she peered above them, she smiled faintly at the enormous tree that towered above all else. With a wealth of vibrant, green leaves crowning it, the rich, brown-barked giant stood majestically in the center of Rootvale. Stray leaves drifted beautifully from its many branches, dancing lazily on the winds before Serena and her troop.

She made no effort to conceal herself; turning up at a remote village with an entourage of royal soldiers was a bit of a give-away. After stationing their steeds (which completely filled the tiny stables), Serena dismissed her troops to the inn. She took just a moment to appreciate the tree before her, the exertion from such rigorous travel fading in the presence of a brief calm.
  2. [v]

[v] Member new

"Rootvale, now I know why they called you Rootvale."

The lancer commented as soon as he arrived the village. The huge tree, the closest one he would name it Yggdrasil like in novels, stood before him like a welcome sign. The bland man found a place to seat nearby before he took out a paper from his pocket, and read the content inside.

It was a record of his mission detail, as it told him he needed to go find the requester of this before he can begin his mission. Strangely, the task this time didn't go much into detail, it only guide him to Rootvale. The rest might be able to hear from the guy, Wolfe thought may be it was a confidential information.

It was at that time the the blind lancer heard sounds from horseshoes. He didn't turn his head right away, but he waited until they came in his sniper sight.

"Look at that..."

At the entrance, the two noble ladies easily triumphed the hugeness of the tree by getting all of his attention. One of them appeared to be Ylissian noble lady, who possessed a fine brown hair, she also had some aura to tell of her high status. The other, the blondie knight, seemed to be the lady's bodyguard. There were others but they weren't worth mentioning for the ex-sniper.

Wolfe wondered what those people were doing in such a remote village. However, not for long after they went into the inn, the brunette returned outside, it seemed she just came out to have a good look at the tree. Although the blondie with curl hair was more of his type, it wouldn't be waste to get to know the lady type too. He decided to start up a conversation.

"You're amazed with the size of this trunk as well, am I correct?" said Wolfe, his eye looked up at the tree as well. "A thousand year or so for this one, I'd assume."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.