The Road to the Capital [Regular RP]

Discussion in 'Completed RPs' started by Blonde Panther, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The Road to the Capital
    Cast
    - Lawrence Everett, level 10 Lord, Swords {C}. (Yours Truly)
    - Lilithe Sarangerel, level 10/1 Dark Knight, Magic + Dark Magic {C}, Swords {E}. ([v])
    - Jacob Temple, level 10 Lord, Axes {C}. (Ultra5)
    - Blake Ferrinson, level 10 Thief, Swords {C}. (Double_r111)
    Discussion

“Lawrence, do you really have to go?”

The ruler of Everett stopped putting on his mantle, turning around to see his ten years younger sister. She’d recently recovered from a nasty flu, and she stood in front of him clutching a healing staff with two hands, her hair dishevelled and her dress clearly put on in a rush.

Behind him stood their middle sibling, with one hand on her shoulder, looking up at him as well. Raymond was a lot less upset than Leanne- if anything, he was more nervous.

Lawrence smiled and bent his knees slightly to get on eye level with his sister. “Yes, Leah. Prince Chrom hasn’t sent the summon yet, but Ylisstol is pretty far from here. The bigger my head start, the more quickly we can get the meeting underway, and the sooner we can undertake action. That could save Ylisse.” He reached towards her with one hand and ran it through her hair, smoothing it out a little. “So as you can see, yes, I really have to go.”

Patting his sister on the head, he stood straight to look at Raymond. “Ray, I entrust Everett to you while I’m gone. Don’t take any military decisions, but other than that it’s up to you to keep things running smoothly here. Got it?”

“Yes, sir,” Raymond replied, nodding. “Travel safely.”

“I always do.” He tapped his brother’s face, as he always did, and put his mantle over his shoulders. “I won’t take long, I promise. I don’t think I’ll be gone for longer than three weeks.”

“Write if that changes,” Raymond said, to which Lawrence nodded.

“I will.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“My lord, be careful.” He snapped out of his daydream and followed his retainer’s pointing finger, immediately jerking on the reins to avoid an enormous branch on their path. It was not so large Guinevere wouldn’t have been able to clear it with a simple jump, but it was safer to go around. “Are you concerned about Everett?”

“A little,” Lawrence replied. “It’s the first time I’ve left Ray to his own devices.” Not to mention that when he himself had been left to take care of Everett alone, his father had died… he didn’t expect history to repeat itself, but it was an unsettling memory.

“Lord Raymond is a clever man, my lord,” the Great Knight said. “I am certain that he will manage until your return. For now, please focus on the road.”

“That’s probably a good idea. Manoeuvring in a forest with a horse is hard enough as is.” Lawrence smiled, patting Guinevere on the neck. “Thank you, Leonard.”

The two riders continued on their way, until they reached a clearing in the woods. “How are we doing on time?” Lawrence asked, dismounting. “I think we can afford to rest a spell.” Guinevere whinnied, as to voice her agreement. “Shush, you.”
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Status report soldier?" Jacob says as he finishes putting on and buckling his armor looking in the mirror. A House Temple soldier salutes and clears his throat.

"Lord Temple. There has been no official summons for you as of yet, but we have revived conformation of Prince Chrom's failure in Plegia. Commander Leslie has gathered her things and is waiting for you in the Keep courtyard."

"Thank ya sergeant. Hand me ma hammer would ya?" Jacob says holding out a hand to the soldier.

Looking to Jacob's hammer on the wall grimacing at the thought of trying to lift Lord Temple's massive hammer that he wields rather easily. "Um...yessir. Also a Mr. Blake is waiting for you with Commander Leslie." The soldier grunts as he lifts Jacob's hammer the few inches to get it off it's stand on the wall. He nearly drops it as gravity starts acting on the hammer again.

Jacob chuckles grabbing the hammer with the hand he had held out. "Alright. Thanks fer tha status update. Dismissed." The soldier salutes again and returns to his post as Jacob walks out of his room.

Leslie stands fully clad in her heavy armor towering over the smaller figure of Jacob's guest, Blake. Forming a crisp salute as Jacob approaches Leslie stands rigid. Jacob waves her at ease smiling his hammer laying across his right shoulder. "Howdy Commander. Blake. Takin' ya ta Ylisstol yeah? Ready ta go?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three walk through a patch of forest not saying much of anything. Not many creatures are about in forest and Jacob and Leslie are uneasy. "I ain't got a good feelin' 'bout this." Jacob whispers to Leslie.

Leslie nods walking ahead of Jacob and Blake. After a little while she holds out her lance in front of Jacob stopping him. She readies her lance and shield. Jacob narrows his eyes readying his hammer. Through the trees he can see a clearing up a head with two people and two horses in it. Leslie looks to Jacob who nods to her. With her weapons ready the General walks out into the clearing ready to charge should the unknown people wish harm on her lord.
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Blake watched the whole thing unfold wordlessly, and assessed the situation. There was no way he was going to charge up there like they did. Furthermore, he wasn't wearing his cloak. So no camouflage for him. Granted, it wasn't dark anyways so his cloak wouldn't hide him the same way it would in the thick of night. It wasn't all bad though, this was a forest after all. The trees would create cover for him. Although they were in the clearing, so there wouldn't be any hiding once he showed himself. However, he could hide in the trees, attacking and then returning back to the forest before they got a chance to retaliate. Then he remembered the horses. There was no way he'd outrun someone on a horse to reach the trees. Even if he was in a profession known for its agility.

Blake came to a decision. He'd wait for Leslie to begin her attack. In the chaos of the fighting he'd make an escape to the trees, only intervening if the need arose. After all, the general and her lord were warriors as powerful as any. No, more powerful than most warriors even. They could probably handle this with ease. He decided he'd only intervene if a good chance arose. Satisfied with himself that he had a plan of action, Blake ran silently into the maze of trees, watching the spectacle that was about to unfold, and waiting until he could play his part.
  4. [v]

[v] Member new

It had been a while the dark mistress entered Ylisse, and it appeared that her Plegian identity was not found out just yet. There was that only one time when she arrived the border that the situation forced her into a skirmish. If Lilithe's sense of direction was not too bad, Yllistol shouldn't be too far from there. Nothing was there to stop her to learn whatever resided in such huge city.

...and that's actually the way I want this situation to be. thought Lilithe. She turned the black horse around to see a scenery of forest around cluelessly. It was not a bad forest scene, but it was not what she was looking for, a road. For some reason, a while ago, her rental horse just decided to get coward seeing a baby fox and carried herself, the rider, into a wood for almost a mile. Now, both of them ended up in this forest. What she could do now was to rely on the sunlight to guide her way, she hoped her sense wouldn't betray her when she needed it most.

Grima seemed to grant her wish, as his follower suddenly heard the sound of walking horses. She carefully turned to the direction and spotted two people on horseback. The one that caught her attention at first sight was the one with dark blue hair. He decorated his body with a dark red armor as well as a cape of the same color. With those luxurious outfit, Lilithe couldn't help assuming this man came from some rich family. Noble or not, she prepared herself for the worst scenario.

The lady knight tried to calm herself down, she already learned some 'anima' spell to defend herself. Her saber was by her side too. If those people were to harass her, her spells were there to counter them.

Would anima spell can be used to form a shield as well? It should... Tightening the rein a bit, thinking. Then again, what kind of element should I focus here?
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Lawrence froze amidst his endeavours to pin Guinevere's reins in such a way she wouldn't step into them, as he heard heavy footsteps from... somewhere. Leonard had heard it too, and had brought his hand to his sword, although he had not yet removed it from its sheath. Lawrence followed his retainer's gaze to see an enormous suit of armor approaching them, with several weapons drawn and as impossible to read as any person with a closed helmet was.

Leonard's eyes flitted around the clearing, and he quickly pulled his hand off his horse's reins to unsheathe his blade. "My lord," he said, with urgence, "I fear we've been surrounded."

"What?" Lawrence didn't see anyone else, but he wasn't as trained as the Great Knight was in these things. "May Naga curse them if they intend to assassinate me..."

"With respect, my lord, if 'they' did I believe they would have sent someone with a better capability of stealth." Leonard shook his head. "Aren't those the colors of House Temple?" Lawrence looked back at the suit of armor that was slowly advancing in their direction. Red and green... yes, they were.

Knights of House Temple were not easily overpowered and robbed of their armor, so unless someone had decided to parody the noble house's colors, that meant he should be safe if he made his identity known. Finishing the pinning of Guinevere's reins, he stepped away from her and raised his hand towards the armor. "Stay your arm!" he called, "I am Lawrence of House Everett, to the southeast!"

As Lawrence called out to the knight, both horses called out themselves- and as Leonard turned his attention in the same direction as they did, he spotted a young woman seated on a black horse, with a sword hanging from her waist. He pointed his own sword in her direction, not so much as a threat but as a notice- he was armed and ready to defend himself or his liege. "That would go for you too, miss," he said, loud enough for her to hear but not loud enough to drown out his lord. "Stay your blade."
  6. [v]

[v] Member new

The man talked to her once, with his blade unsheathed. As much as she thought it was no fair, but the raven-haired lady knew the man was a tad far from where she stood, and that he didn't mean harm with such gesture. It also appeared that there were others, aside from these two men, around here as well. She didn't really notice about them.

Lilithe, while keeping silent, obeyed what she was asked by leaving her saber well sheathed. In fact, it didn't really matter whether her sword was sheathed or not, she could attack without it, not to mention she was much more specialized with magic. She did it just to avoid battle, in a hope that she will get someone to tell her which direction Ylisstol located.

She patted the horse to calm it down a bit, as she had no desire for another round of riding panic steed.

As she waited, the maiden took time examined the gentlemen. The red armored one already introduced himself, a bit excessively to her liking. He was a noble as she predicted, and was probably one with high ego too. Now, she just waited to see what kind of people were going to show themselves, hopefully not bandits.
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Lord Everett?" Jacob walks into the clearing hammer still ready in his hands. "Well sumbitch it is. Howdy Lord Everett. Sir Leonard." Jacob nods to the lord and his retainer. "Sentinel stand down." Sentinel lowers her lance and turns towards the horsewoman.

Jacob walks forward towards Lawrence a smile on his face. "How long's it been? Sorry 'bout Sentinel. Big hunk o' iron ain't trustin' o' anyone, but follows orders ta tha letter." Patting Lawrence rather hard on the shoulder Jacob looks around the woods and shouts. "'Ey! Blake! Ya can come out now!"

Sentinel nods to Lawrence and Leonard before walking over to the horsewoman. Jacob turns to Sentinel and the horsewoman. Satisfied that there wasn't any apparent danger Jacob speaks his rather loud normal volume. "Now Sentinel no sense scarin' 'er yeah? 'Scuse me ma'am. What's yer name?"
  8. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Blake saw the whole thing unfold before his eyes. The knight who the Sentinel was about to attack shouted to her "Stay your arm! I am Lawrence of House Everett, to the southeast!"

Another royal house, huh? This could be interesting. Now obviously he had no reason to fear them, they weren't hostile, but Blake would keep a close eye on them anyways. Knowledge of the royal houses of Ylisse could be beneficial in the future, once his contract with Jacob was up.

"'Ey! Blake! Ya can come out now!" Jacob called, as if it were necessary. Still, no use complaining and getting on his bad side. Blake didn't like getting on the bad sides of his employers, and with an employer as important as Lord Temple, this was especially true.

Blake walked out from the sea of trees surrounding him and appeared wordlessly in the clearing. The two knights, now known to him as house Everett, had turned out to be friendly. Or at least, non-hostile. But the other horsewoman who Jacob approached clearly wasn't a part of House Everett.
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The armor, by the apparent name of Sentinel, stood down as Lord Jacob of House Temple appeared from behind to trees and stepped into the clearing. "Lord Temple," Lawrence said as he lowered his arm, "And I thought horses were inconvenient in the woods. What makes you and your guard, in your heavy armor, travel through here? Are you on your way to Ylisstol as well?"

Meanwhile, Leonard lowered his own sword as the woman didn't seem about to draw hers. There was no need to appear more hostile than he absolutely had to. He turned to Blake, frowning. Of course, who House Temple employed was House Temple's affair- Lord Lawrence had no right to interfere in it, so a mere knight in his service certainly didn't. However, something didn't feel right... Blake alone didn't explain the eyes he had felt in his back.

Lord Temple had requested the woman's name, so neither Leonard nor Lawrence -who had successfully kept his legs from buckling under Lord Temple's pat, albeit barely- felt the need to press the question. She'd answer when she was ready. However, Lawrence, too, started to become vaguely aware of the feeling that he was being watched by more people than the ones in the clearing, and he walked over to Guinevere, putting a hand on her neck.

He only now realized he could have made a terrible mistake- if a bunch of highwaymen scared her off, he'd have a problem on his hands. He had no idea how to track down a horse in a forest.
  10. [v]

[v] Member new

Please guide me, lord Grima...

Lilithe, while not appearing scared by these men, she was actually panic inside. They seemed to know each other for some level, one noble for one or two butlers, or knight? She was the only woman here, with five male strangers, not to mention that one was way taller than two meters. One flicking of that finger would be enough to end her life. She couldn't help imagining of a scenario where the valiants ganged up to harass a single woman. They were also noble, they had power, these people could do anything they want with her. If they were cruel enough, they may lend her to their underlings to enjoy. The worst one would be that they silence her to rot in this forest, and only Grima knew what happened to her. How violent.

Okay, calm down...and think.

The witch knight braked her train of thought before it went too far, in case that was not too far already. She still stayed quiet, but began to collected what she got from the conversation just now. The blue hair noble seemed to be heading to Ylisstol, as he asked the other noble if he was the same, and it seemed to be so. He had two men with him, one was a man with shoulder length blonde hair, the other was the person in full armor, the way he walked to her with his weapon scared her even more. The blonde man was called Blake, and this armor freak was called Sentinel, that much she learned...

Lilithe bowed a little to the man first talked to her, and that stopped the scary armor stand to get closer. She took another deep breath before she recalled her courage to speak normally, she still couldn't look back into the man's eye though.

"Thank you for your concern, sire." The first sentence finally came out. "I ...seem to got lost from the way to Ylisstol. If possible, I'd like to ask your guidance to point me the right direction."

That...was difficult enough, she thought, just before she remembered she missed to tell her name.

"My name isn't important, but you may call me 'Lilithe' if you must..." She bowed her head one last time to the audiences, she hoped it was a correct self-introduction.
  11. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob nods accepting the woman's name. "Howdy Lilithe. Lord Jacob Temple of House Temple at yer service. In fact I am headin' ta Ylisstol maself." Smiling still he stops patting Lawrence on the shoulder. "Sorry 'bout that Lord Everett. Don't know ma own strength sometimes. Sentinel! Scout ahead!" Pointing his hammer into the woods Jacob commands his guard.

With a nod Sentinel walks back into the woods as Jacob walks over to Lilithe hammer resting on his shoulder again. "Don't worry mi'lady. Ya got the leader o' tha House Temple Knights an' one o' ma best fighters protectin' ya. Ain't nothin' gonna be a problem fer us." Slamming his hammer head into the ground Jacob laughs. "Blake. May take a little more time ta get ta Ylisstol. I hope that ain't gonna be too much a problem fer ya friend."
  12. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"Blake. May take a little more time ta get ta Ylisstol. I hope that ain't gonna be too much a problem fer ya friend." Jacob informed Blake. It was fine by him. He didn't really need to be there anyways. He was just traveling there because Jacob was. Of course, the rest of the group didn't know that. "That will be fine" Blake replied to Jacob. He didn't really care when they arrived, as long as he stayed safe.

Blake realized that he hadn't introduced himself yet. "I'm Blake by the way" he introduced himself. "I suppose you could say I'm a friend to Lord Temple here." He motioned towards Jacob.

Blake was starting to feel rather suspicious about the whole situation as well. It did feel as if they were being watched. Blake wasn't sure by who, but he definitely felt it. As a thief, he had grown attuned to knowing when he was noticed.

"I think I'm going to check out the forest a bit while you guys chat here" Blake told the group. "It's probably nothing, but something feels kind of off to me right now."
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    "Lady Lilithe." Lawrence made a slight bow as the woman introduced herself in an accent he didn't recognize. She seemed to be uncomfortable around the men, which was an understandable reaction from a lone woman who'd been caught in a forest clearing- for all she knew, they were bandits, or worse. "You may have heard this just now, but I am Lawrence Everett."

He straightened himself, gesturing towards the black-haired Great Knight next to him. "This is my attendant, Leonard. I think I can safely speak for both us and House Temple's representatives if I say we mean you no harm. We've merely chosen this road on our own way to Ylisstol." He paused so she could let it all sink in, and then nodded towards Lord Temple. "I agree with Lord Temple- if you similarly have no ill intentions towards us, there is no reason why we could not escort you to the capital."

With the introductions out of the way, Lawrence realized that he and Leonard were not the only ones feeling the presence of more people than just them. Apparently, House Temple's approach was to send their men out to scout for them- however, Sentinel and Blake went their separate ways. Lawrence didn't know how capable they were, but when Leonard came over to hand him Guinevere's reins, he told him: "Stay close. I don't want to have anyone singled out when--"

"LAWRENCE!" Leonard suddenly let go of the reins of both Lawrence's horse and his own, lunging forward and drawing his sword in the same motion. Lawrence, seeing nothing but the blade of a sword approach him rapidly, threw his upper body back to avoid. Just in time, too, as Leonard's blade collided with that of a massive axe. The Great Knight pressed on and cut through the axe's owner.

With a loud and raspy groan, the axe-wielder fell to the ground, his eyes losing their red glow and his body disintegrating into dark, purple smoke. "A Risen," Leonard said, "So the rumors were true."

"The dead have roused from their graves and attack travellers- Lord Temple!" Lawrence turned around to face his fellow noble. "You must recall your men! We're surrounded!" As he spoke, he unsheathed his Armourslayer, gripping the hilt with two hands as he witnessed Leonard mounting his own horse. Guinevere could probably be left alone- if Leonard's attack from before hadn't sent her running off, then a battle proceeding at normal pace wouldn't either. She HAD been a warhorse in the past, after all.

"Lady Lilithe," Lawrence said, turning to the mysterious woman once more, "If you are capable of defending yourself, please do so, but stay close to us. I'd rather not see you wounded while under my care."

The Risen (open)
    Most of the Risen are hidden amongst the trees around the clearing. This enemy list does not count the Risen Leonard cut down in this post.
    Lv 5 Archer x5, positioned in the canopy of the trees closest to the group
    Lv 10 Barbarian x2
    Lv 10 Soldier x1
    Lv 10 Mage x1
    Lv 10/1 Sage x1
  14. [v]

[v] Member new

Okay, these people were not , for being nobles. They really invited her to join their group, which made her a bit nervous about whether she take their offer, or not. However, to rescue her from such situation, the risen showed up. Weapons were at their hands within a very short time, Lawrence Everett also warned her to stay near.

"I will, please be careful." Lilithe slowly climbed down from the steed, and then hid behind the blue noble. She unsheathed her saber, but was not in a stance to fight. In fact, the witch didn't even know what 'stance' meant in a circle of close battle. She may need to learn it in a near future.

For now, surviving was her first priority.
  15. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob's expression goes from jovial fun to deathly serious the instant Leonard cut down the risen. Removing his hammer hard from the ground Jacob scans the surrounds before bellowing, "Blake! Sentinel! Get your asses back here! NOW!"

Two arrows rip from the trees aimed for Jacob. Catching Jacob from behind the arrows bounce harmlessly off Jacob's thick armor. Drawing Jacob's attention the lord turns to the trees and fires a bolt of lightning from Mjolnir into the trees. "Shit!" Holding his hammer at the ready Jacob continues firing off bolts of lightning into the trees at the slightest rustling of the leaves. "Come on ya bastards!"

While Jacob's attention was focused on the Archers a Barbarian charges from behind Jacob. Embedding an axe into a gap in Jacob's armor the Risen laughs an unhollowed laugh. "Guh. That hurt a bit." A little blood leaks from Jacob's side as he swings Mjolnir barely missing the Risen Barbarian's head. Jumping back the barbarian's axe gets removed forcefully from Jacob.
  16. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Blake was in the woods when the attack started. "Damn" he muttered under his breath. He should have been more careful in his watch! How did he miss them?!

It didn't matter anymore. Now was the time for action. Blake assessed the situation. He was already in the forest, and although he wouldn't hide as well without his cloak, he could remain hidden here better than in the clearing, where he'd be wide open to attack. Blake chose to ignore Jacob's call for him for this reason. Here, he was the hunter. He'd have a much greater chance of winning to their reanimated foes in the forest than he would on the field.

Suddenly he heard two blasts of a deep booming noise. Bolts from Jacob's axe it seemed. He'd need to be sure not to end up on the recieving end of that. If Jacob mistook him for a risen in here, things would get dangerous. Sure he was slow and lumbering, but he was powerful. Incredibly so. Blake followed to the spot where he heard the sound. A risen archer lay dead, blackened from the burns of being hit by lighting. Another one however, was nearby, and still shooting out at them. Blake pulled out his daggers and ran for his foe. The archer continued to shoot arrows out from the trees, then turned towards Blake. Unfortunately he turned too late. Blake was already upon him. He stabbed the zombielike being with his daggers, making sure to aim for the weaker of the two spots he hit with the flesh rending dagger Talon.
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    With Lilithe hiding behind him, Lawrence knew his mobility for the offensive would be limited. Fortunately, there were plenty of people around to take an offensive role in the battle, so he could afford to focus on protecting the woman behind him- even as he came to the awkward realization that she was ever so slightly taller than him.

Lord Temple had wasted no time firing lightning from the head of his hammer at where he thought the enemies would be located, but Blake and Sentinel took their time finding their way back to the group despite their master's booming voice having had to have been audible far outside the clearing. The representatives of House Everett were less aggressive in their fighting, preferring to let the enemies come to them so as not to become swarmed by an ambush if they ran in.

While Leonard had taken his throwing lance off of his saddle and now cantered along the perimeter of the clearing, both drawing bowfire and trying to find the perfect position to skewer any Archer, Lawrence heard groaning and loud footsteps behind him. "Forgive me," he muttered to Lilithe as he stuck out one arm, turning around while continuing to push her behind him so that he was between her and the second axe-wielding Risen of the day, which had thought to attack them from behind.

Lawrence was no Leonard, so instead of assuming he could smash through the enemy's weapon, he chose to be the quicker attacker. Diving forward a pace's length with his sword on his left side, he brought the blade up and to the right, in the direction where he had kept the enemy. It knocked the Risen off balance, and a second strike, directed at the ribs, sent it to the ground, where Lawrence leapt towards it and drove his sword tip-first into where the heart was supposed to be.

Much like the one from before, its body disintegrated until nothing was left but a wisp of purple smoke. Even as the lord of Everett stepped back, though, he thought he saw something move between the trees. "Lord Temple!" He shouted, fearing the worst for his heavily armored companion, "Be careful!"

Enemy List (open)
    For the sake of clarity and so that we all know at the same time when the battle is over, I'd appreciate it if everyone who kills one Risen or more in his post could include an updated version of the enemy list. In this one, I've accounted for what I believe Double and U5 established as killed in their posts.

Lv 5 Archer x4, positioned in the canopy of the trees closest to the group
    Lv 10 Barbarian x1
    Lv 10 Soldier x1
    Lv 10 Mage x1
    Lv 10/1 Sage x1
  18. [v]

[v] Member new

Lilithe was surprised to realize of how these people were so experienced with combat, not to say 'against the risen'. These moving corpses were clearly more powerful than ordinary human, given that they had more strength and were not aware of getting tired. Still, these people handled them like they were country bandits. The witch knight thought she was lucky she met them, or she would already be a goner if she was by herself when the risen appeared.

Thinking aside, the dark mistress carefully climbed down from the black horse, as she anticipated that this timid one would be scared of the battle even more than herself. She didn't want to be carried away to a more dangerous area. Finally, with Lord Evertt's protection, she landed safely. Lilithe unsheathed her slim sword while glancing at surrounding to see if she was targeted by any foe. She was aware that she was being protected, but like what Lawrence said earlier, she couldn't only expect the help from others and did it by herself. Also, for being so pessimistic, the damsel knew one of the risen was going to get through his guarding.

There. One of the axe risen was charging toward herself, brutally and speedily. As her leg was shivering due to fear, Lilithe was a little slow in dodging. She made a sidestep but was still in its attack range, it swung its weapon aside to hit her. The dark knight repelled it with a sword but that was only one time, she was hit again by a following claw attack. A piece of metal gauntlet was knocked off as she guarded with that, a part of her sleeve was also torn, with some blood spill. Lilithe herself fell to the ground, while she whispered a chanting.

A needle of underground water jetted from below the barbarian risen and made a hole at its bottom.

...and I was aiming at the heart. To make sure its second death, the witch knight stood up and pierced at its forehead to stop the growling. She pulled back her weapon as she panted and was about to returned to the lord's defense. There are still other--

That was when she found an arrow in her thigh, the left one, and didn't have time to wince. As she fell down, her eyes locked with the sniping risen's in the tree. She grabbed her leg where it was hit, it was terrified to see her leg pierced through by this wooden thing. Her blood was not pouring out much yet, she doubted she should take it out. In fact, would she even have time to do that?

Enemy (open)
    Lilithe is down as she loses her balance, the injury isn't actually too bad.

Lv 10 Soldier x1
    Lv 10 Mage x1
    Lv 10/1 Sage x1
  19. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Blood dripping from his armor Jacob tries to go after the barbarian, but something catches his eye. Another Risen charging from the brush and tree cover of the forest. Not as unusual as the armor it wore. Rusted and dented from disrepair, but it bore the colors and crest. This Risen was a House Temple Soldier.

Jacob locks his attention to the Soldier. Although he is slow Jacob manages to dodge the lance and bring his hammer down missing the Risen, but instead hitting the lance's hilt shattering it. Smiling Jacob swings his hammer around again hitting the Risen in the side. Breaking bone sounds as the Risen falls to the ground moaning and wailing. One curb stomp from the Armor Knight Lord was enough to finish the Risen it dissolving into nothing.

"Why tha hell was one o' ma troops one o' these things? I ain't lost any troops ta these bas-" Jacob gets cut off with a fireball to the back knocking him forward his cape catching on fire. Roaring in pain Jacob manages to tear the cape off bits of armor and the undersuit scorched and melted to Jacob's back. "Sonuva bitch!"

Enemies (open)
    Jacob has taken down the Soldier, but took a good bit of damage from the Mage.

Lv 10 Mage x1
    Lv 10/1 Sage x1
  20. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

A barbarian charged Blake, but he dodged its attack easily. The barbarian was slow with his axe, exactly the kind of foe who Blake could avoid easily. Before the brute realized what was going on Blake got behind him and stabbed him with his daggers. Before he could rest however Blake heard footsteps approaching and began to turn around. Unfortunately, he was too late. He felt a sharp pain on his side and felt the blood trickle down. A risen soldier had gotten him good. Blake ran. Normally he was quite confident of his abilities, however he knew his limits, and taking on a lance armed soldier in one on one combat was past that limit.

Blake couldn't run forever, especially with his injury. He noticed a tree with particularly low lying branches. He could probably climb it rather easily. Blake began to climb it, however the soldier gave chase. He hurried up the branches, quick to get out of reach of the soldier's lance.

The risen soldier put a foot on the tree branch, as if he were testing it. It made a deep grunt, and began trying to climb, having decided it seemed safe. The soldier climbed a few creaking branches, however, a few branches up there was a louder creak, followed by a large cracking noise. The branch had broken under the combined weight of the risen and its armor. The risen landed on the ground, and Blake, moving with all the speed one would expect of a thief jumped from the tree, daggers out, and landed on him, plunging the daggers into its back. The risen died immediately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.