The NaNoWriMo Support Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by WillowtheWhisp, Nov 1, 2013.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Doing NaNo this year? Come to this thread to talk about it with others, both with those who are, and aren't. If you aren't, then come here to cheer on your friends, and watch their progress through this entire month.

Positive comments are highly encouraged, both on progress and on content. If you're participating, feel free to attach your NaNo here so that your friends can read it and go through the journey with you. If sharing your word count, but not your story, is more your thing, feel free to link to your NaNo page in this thread. Good luck everyone!

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/willowthewhisp/novels/ashes-to-ashes-379727
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Aw yeah. Timezones are weird so I dunno about you but November 1 officially rolled around here 10 hours ago when I was asleep, but as soon as I get out of my shower I'm getting started on this.

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/blonde-panther/novels/fire-emblem-dragon-prisoner

I know it's not the most original thing, but anyone who's played a Fire Emblem game knows the story and characters are often the strongest points of those games. Since learning is done largely by imitation I figured it could be good for my writing to try and emulate it. Also imitation is the highest form of flattery.
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Also dang it Willow. Talk about a strong start. I'm having trouble keeping up with you there.
  4. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Oh, BP, I started at midnight of Thursday night/Friday morning. I got my quota done for the day because I didn't think I'd have time that day to do it, but I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be, when I finally got a bit of time to myself XD

Also, trying to store up words so I can take Thanksgiving and the day before, off XD
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Yeah... I slept in too far on Friday. Should have used those nine hours to write, I could have been at 5k there.
  6. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Also, you're at 4.4 already, so you're already like a day ahead in word count, too XD
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I WILL NOT BE A DAY AHEAD IN THE WORD COUNT UNTIL I HIT 5k

I took some time to set up an FE music playlist to listen to while I write though. How you know a game series has good OST: You make a playlist of your favourite songs out of it and it ends up being 3,3 hours long.
  8. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Holy hell, BP, 14k words! Good job! I'll be breaking that 10k barrier, myself, tonight :D
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    It's your fault! I got competitive when you got like 3k on the first day and now I'm obsessed with keeping an average of 2k a day! It's 2011 all over again!
  10. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Lol, I'm glad that got you fired up! I've gotta do something to keep up >:)
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    In fairness I'm struggling to keep the 2k going... damn college. But I'll be damned if I let my word count die!
  12. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I know that feeling. I'm going to one of the in-person write-ins tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. Do you have any in-person events over in the Netherlands?
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Yeah, in Drimmelen, several hours away and in the North where the mentality is completely different from in the South. (Don't ask. Just trust me on this one.) North-Brabant my ass.

I WISH I had in-person write-ins around here. I'm gonna hope that with weekend, discipline, and pure willpower I can do what company would do for others.
  14. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Wow, that's pretty far :< But yeah, I think that will do just fine. You could always tune into the marathon stream on Saturday, though?
  15. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Perhaps. My school week is over now, and I know when my most productive writing hours are- between 7 and 9 in the morning, when my Inner Editor is still asleep. I'll get up early tomorrow and see if I can hit 25k early. (If I can, that would be RIDICULOUS. I'd be ahead of where I was with Wolfing Out at November 8th, although not by much.)

Also, in non-word count related news, as it turns out NaNoWriMo was on the Dutch radio earlier today? Impressive for an entirely donation-fuelled event started in America which focuses on the not-very-popular art of writing. Hopefully it's inspired some people to take part, donate, or just advertise it. Heavens know, maybe I'll get a write-in in Brabant next year!

EDIT: 25k? Where am I with my head? Don't scare Travis like that- let's try and breach 20k first, BP.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  16. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Great job breaking 20k, BP! :D Now you can go for that early 25k, too >:]
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    > Listening to a selection of FE music, playlist playing in random order
    > Finishing up an argument leading up to a battle
    > About to cut away to the other group, leaving the battle for next time
    > Playlist cuts to Monstrosity
    > I think my playlist is trying to tell me something. ._.
  18. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Great, now you have me listening to it on repeat, and also overcome with the urge to play Awakening.
  19. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
  20. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Yeah, that sounds about right. And congrats on getting 25k :D