The Most Successful Thing You Have Done in a Zelda Game

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Fcgfyv, May 31, 2013.

1. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I think the most successful thing I've done is playing through Master Quest getting the least amount of items as possible (as I have played through 100%, so I knew where everything was). Meaning that I got no heart containers or pieces of heart, so I went through with only 3 hearts. Any item that wasn't required to proceed through the game, I did not get, which includes magic, empty bottles, deku nuts, etc. Surprisingly, I made it through without the Hylian Shield, after multiple attempts at rolling my way between and around the falling boulders on Death Mountain. Although I must admit, fighting Stalfos was very hard, as Adult Link never had a shield and one hit from them deals more than three hearts of damage. And I never collected dungeon maps, compasses, or bought anything in a store (except for the sword and shield at the beginning of the game).

What have you guys done?
  2. Beckett

Beckett New Member new

Wow, that must have been tremendously difficult to execute! Anyways, I think the most successful thing I've ever done in a Zelda game is simply beat the game. Sure it sounds simple and generic, but I feel that it's one of the most successful things I've ever accomplished.
  3. Fcgfyv

It was! I would usually spend hours on parts of dungeons, so it would take me a day or two for each dungeon. The final battle took about a week. :XD:

Is there a specific game that you are proud of, or is it for every game?
  4. Beckett

Beckett New Member new

Holy-- That's insane! And I thought Master Quest by itself was hard enough. :omg:

Hmmmm, not really, no. It's pretty much just every game. =)
  5. Fcgfyv

Yeah, but I had already beaten Master Quest many times before, so I decided I'd do a challenge.

Which games have you beaten?
  6. Beckett

Beckett New Member new

Ah, that makes sense. A very unique challenge at that. ;)

Hmmmm... OoT, PH, ST, SS, and TP. I'm still working on LA and MM. ^^
  7. spark

spark New Member new

I'm one of those people who has a hard time beating a game at all. So I consider it an accomplishment if I get to the end in the first place. (I'm not much of a gamer though, the Zelda games are on a TINY little list of games I've played.)
  8. Fcgfyv

Is there any particular game that you feel proud of beating that trumps the other games?
  9. spark

spark New Member new

Ocarina of Time, I think. I did the fricking Water Temple entirely on my own when it first came out. (So the harder version than the 3DS version) And I've beaten the entire thing on the 3DS by myself. (I had help with one boss when I played the original.

If I ever beat Link To The Past entirely on my own I'll be pretty proud of that too. I can't even count the number of times I've gotten stuck at the stupid Moldorm. That thing has to have bounced me off and/or killed me like a thousand times at this point.
  10. Fcgfyv

[​IMG]
  11. Clank

Clank Can we please kill the overuse of AJAX? reg

Beat the Cave of Ordeals
  12. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Finally beating the Windwaker after 5 years. Actually finishing video games is one hell of an accomplishment for me. :haa:
  13. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Finding a way around the swordless Link glitch after version 1.0 and 1.1a. All of the extra stuff that came with that, riding Epona with weapons, soaring over Lake Hylia and Gerudo Valley...it was awesome. And the select screen glitching I did in LA, SO cool! I beat the game with only 2 instruments! And of course the Fierce Deity anywhere glitch, epic.
  14. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Beating the original LoZ. Amazing experience.
  15. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Immersing myself so much in OoT this one time that I spent a solid week after just pacing, my imagination going wild.
  16. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    Actually taking the time to finish a Zelda game 100%

I surely don't have time for that
  17. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Also 100% SS in both regular mode and Hero Mode. That was an ordeal, but, only game I was ever inclined to do so.
  18. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Allow me to open my musty tome of bragging rights, for which I have sacrificed countless hours of my life.

I've beat every canonical "The Legend of Zelda" game, including...
    - Link's Crossbow Training
    - Both the GameCube and Wii versions of Twilight Princess
    - Both Link's Awakening and Link's Awakening DX
    - All three system different versions of Ocarina of Time (including two versions of Master Quest)
    - Both GameCube and Wii U versions of The Wind Waker
    - Both the "normal mode" and the Hero Mode in both The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword

I've attained 100% Completion in The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword (in Hero Mode). I'm currently working on doing so in The Wind Waker HD (in Hero Mode) as well.

I've accomplished a three-heart, no-optional-items playhtough of both Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time 3D.

I completed the infamous Nintendo Gallery in The Wind Waker, before it became significantly easier in the HD remake. I've beaten the Savage Labyrinth in The Wind Waker (in Hero Mode), and the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess. I'm still trying to beat the latter in my three-heart challenge, no-optional run, but usually die somewhere around the 40th floor.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Bitoko likes this.
  19. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

I'm not really sure it's all that much of an achievement, but writing up the Spirit Dungeon in Ocarina of Time as if it were narrated by Link inside a novel was... Very exhausting, tiring, and engaging, but I felt this great sense of accomplishment once it was finished.
    I'm just waiting for U5 to post the complete narration for reviews :P.
    Other than that, probably beating the Anju and Kafei quest for the first time was the most satisfying.
    SAKON IS SATAN.
  20. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I'm adding onto my list of worthless bragging rights. :yomp: I have now:
    - Beaten the original The Legend of Zelda with three hearts. I went swordless until the first 8 levels were beaten.
    - Achieved 100% completion in The Wind Waker HD.
    - Beaten The Wind Waker HD on Hero Mode with three-hearts and no optional items.
    - Achieved 100% completion inA Link Between Worlds.
    - Beaten A Link Between Worlds on Hero Mode with three-hearts and no optional items.

What a waste of time. :haa: