The Guardfather (Cloud/SM) (Lv. 3)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Cloud, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Cloud

Cloud friend Admin

(Disclaimer: No actual Darknuts appear within this dungeon.)

Julius was in his office, reading over an up-and-coming Guardsman (who was really a Guardswoman), and was even being considered for a promotion to the Knights of Hyrule, up until she had directly. and I quote, "disobeyed instructions from her commanding officer". Now this was interesting.

He hadn't... always, let's say, been the most obedient of the bunch. Sure, he hadn't always followed direct orders, especially when he knew a way that often would let more people survive, but it had already been so long since he had been a fresh recruit. And, while he was never really a recruit anyways, it was still something that they would call him, often to simply tease him.

Then, he ordered the woman's commanding officer into his office, and ordered her to bring Bell in immediately. He wanted to know just what had happened. And he wanted to hear it from Threshrow.
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Active Member vet

Nervous hands shifted the sallet resting on the girl's head. There was nothing in particular wrong with it- it set on her scalp well, just as she was accustomed to. In this moment, however, it had to be straight- it had to be right. She could not afford any errors now.

It was only a handful of moments Bell was approached by her commanding officer and pulled out of her patrol. Initially, she worried something was amiss, for her commander to disrupt her daily tasks to pull her aside. She couldn't have heard better words than what they told her, though. Captain Julius Surgate personally requested for her to come to his office. Captain! Julius! Surgate!

She hadn't the faintest idea what he could want with her, but just the thought left her in a state of bliss. After all, Captain Julius was the epitome of all that was good in the Guard. He was just, yet fair; righteous, yet hardworking; unwavering, yet kind; powerful, yet content. He diligently worked for the good of the people of Castle Town- of all of Hyrule,- and cared little about his personal achievements in the matter. He was Bell's role model, and everything she strives to become. While she had never met him in person, she knew well of his accomplishments, his skills- in her younger days, she would often find herself reading his public reports, or the reports others had made involving him that detailed his various exploits. She would hear stories from guardsmen about missions they had conducted at his side, and this only furthered his image of him.

Truthfully, mixed in that joy was a bubbling pit of anxiety. Nervousness at meeting her hero, but also at the fact that she could not live up to his expectations- the worst thing would be for her to meet him, only to be cast aside with a disappointed sigh or shrug.

Before Bell could agonize more, her commander called out to her.

"Threshrow! We're here. This is Captain Julius Surgate's office." Bell quickly returned to reality. "Y-yes sir!" She replied, standing in place nervously before choking out, "A-Am I to enter, sir?"

The commander sighed. "Lost your manners, Threshrow?" She approached the door and gave it a firm knock. Upon receiving the affirmative, she opened the door, calling out to Bell, "After you, Threshrow."

It was like the gates of heaven were peering open, and the goddesses' holy light was shining directly upon Bell. It was blinding, in a cognitive sense. The girl knew standing around would serve little point- and would likely result in a harsher reprimand by her superior. Thus, she took a few paces into the office entryway to face Julius. She couldn't mess this up.

Standing to attention, Bell called out to the captain, "Belladonna Threshrow, reporting for duty, sir!"
  3. Cloud

Cloud friend Admin

"At ease, Threshrow," Julius said, not even bothering to look up at her. It was more effort than it was worth, really. Instead, he invited her to take a seat, still too busy with reports to give her any actual notice. "This will take a while," Julius said, still writing down all that had transpired throughout Starsend.

Eventually, he finished, and introduced himself. "I'm Captain Julius Surgate. My father served before I did-- fourteen years of distinguished service, what with being there literally as Ganon emerge from the portal to the Sacred Realm, as he calls it, while also being the majority land owner in Kakariko, bless its people now. He was what amounts to basically a legend, albeit a very real and factual one. A shame, then, that he likely died while Kakariko was being sieged by Ganon."

He let quiet fill the room as he walked over to a window, looking wistfully at it. "But that is neither here nor there. Tell me, Threshrow-- it said you'd directly disobeyed an officer-- a Knight of Hyrule-- over something as small as a... plant, I believe it was? Now, why would you do something like that?"

His Backshift Cape was still as regal in appearance as the day he had first obtained it. Its royal blue hue an golden crest of the Royal Family was still as lively as ever. He'd suspected that the Great Fairy had enchanted it a bit more than usual, causing it to never decay or look like it hadn't been put to extraordinary use. "So, let me hear it. Why would you disobey a direct order?"