The Deceptions of Dance (Regular, Open, Plegia)

Discussion in 'Discussion Threads' started by Lightascetic, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Plegians are often viewed by Ylisseans as untrustworthy and shrewd. There are those that would take offense to this, but also those who wear the badge with pride. Such people are the 'Plegian Performance Platoon': a band of bards, dancers and other performers that, although successful in their trade, use their skills in order to execute underhanded schemes to further line their pockets with gold. Despite their large size, they remain truly elusive when they wish not to be found. For every person that has fallen victim to their deceptions, there is another who finds their antics to be a priceless form of entertainment. They have yet to come across someone who has successfully thwarted their operation... Who will it take to dispense justice to this immoral band of performers?

-----------------------------

Hi guys! So, I've devised a scenario that'll (hopefully) be fairly easy for anybody to get involved in. The location is undecided as of yet, but I was thinking of creating a hideout for the PPP, which will perhaps become besieged by the group. I also considered having Hannah, my harp-playing mute, be bait by offering to join them, which the group could then follow in order to locate said hideout.

I am happy for characters to have witnessed their most recent performance, be attempting to track them down themselves, or having been a victim of their trickery in the past. Anything you can come up with, basically! I'm not terribly picky, but would like to keep the group to a maximum of 4. Exceptions could be made!

1. Hannah Ivalyn
    2. Ariel
    3. Emilia Grimaldi
    4. Noah Garod
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    People using the art of entertainment as cover for a criminal syndicate? I have a Dark Mage who would be beyond insulted at the knowledge. To Reclaim the Past should be finished and graded soon, so Ariel should be slightly above level 3 with I should hope roughly a D in Dark Magic.
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Ooh this sounds nice c: I've got Emilia free, she's a Plegian thief, so maybe she wants to track them down to eliminate competiton or something?
  4. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Both added: welcome aboard! =)
  5. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Just in case anyone has need of a tactician, Noah is open since Past will be ending soon.
  6. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

And if you require a mercenary, Alaine's open.
  7. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Noah's in!

I'd take your character G, but isn't she in Ylisse? I don't think there's any border crossing at the moment... =(
  8. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Hello guys!!

So, after getting an 'a-ok' for your participation in the RP, I've drafted up an opening for it which you can find here:

http://forums.hyrulecastle.org/index.php?threads/the-deceptions-of-dance-combat-rp.2415/
    (Sorry, I've forgot how to do the fancy hyperlink!)

If you just get your characters into the town for the time-being, that would be great! They can head for the inn if you'd like, but I'm going to have the Plegian Performance Platoon catch their attention pretty soon. Any questions, just PM me! =)
  9. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Whoo!

(The hyperlink thing is [ url = (link here) ] some fancy text here [ / url ], minus all the spaces of course :P)
  10. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Hello partakers!!

So, UD asked for some clarification on the next step of the story, so...

Basically, Hannah is going to convince Melley that she wants to join the Platoon (which will be easy once Melley can confirm Hannah used to be The Merry Maven: a musical prodigy that was practically a star.) The song she is going to play Melley is a song that she played regularly at her performances.

When Melley decides to bring her in, she'll de-activate the rest of the traps that were set in the room and beyond, allowing you three to get through pretty easily. From there you can follow in.

What I'm planning to do is for Hannah to be amongst them, and for them to say something which really gets on Hannah's nerves, provoking her to attack. Either that, or one of your characters can react and attack, and Hannah will follow suit. I want Hannah to knock one of the female members into an adjacent room, where she'll fight her one on one.

I hope that's clearer: sorry if I jumped too far ahead of myself! If you have any more questions, just PM me =)

Light
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.