The Caged Crow (U5, Quill, UD, and Double)

Discussion in 'Great Sea' started by Ultra5, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Harry wakes up in the inn room he had rented the night before. Yawning he gets out of the bed still wearing the suit from yesterday. "Hm. Good sleep, but time for adventure. Loft, wake up. Today we set out for adventure on the high seas. I'll be going down to the ship to make sure it is ready." Without waiting for a reply Harry quickly walks out of the rented room and down to the main room of the inn. Harry places the fees for the room on the counter and walks out of the inn without speaking to anyone.

Outside the sun is starting to come up and the area is misty. Harry strolls through the town of Impa on his way to the docks. He waves to everyone he sees along the way. Harry reaches the dock and finds his ship the Verloc. "Hm. Looks good from here, but I should look inside to make sure." Harry says to himself while boarding his ship.

Harry looks around the ship, inspecting every small thing he sees. "There should be a captain's quarters somewhere on here. May as well go look at it and fix it the way I like it." Harry says nodding his head to himself. Harry walks up to a room with a sign reading, 'Captain's Quarters' over the door. Harry turns the door knob and pushes the door open with his cane. Inside there is a very large and very nice bed, a nice looking couch and a desk with a note and some maps on it.

Harry grabs the note and reads it:
    'New captain must make ship look nice
    supplies loaded
    everything in top shape
    wonder who new captain is
    Hylian most likely'

The words look to be quickly written down. "Hm. Reminder note maybe? Eh. I'll return it later. Bed looks soft though." Harry looks at the bed before jumping onto it.

As Harry hits the bed a Rito wearing a dark brown tunic jumps up from under the covers of the bed. "Squawk!" Harry rocks himself back up and looks at the startled Rito. "Hello there. Are you the cap...wait, no that's me. Who are you?" Harry asks ready to pull out his cane sword if he needed to. Harry's Spectacles of Agony show that the Rito is completely unarmored.

The Rito stared blankly her red eyes not moving from Harry. Harry stares back waiting for the Rito to say something. Finally the Rito clears her throat and says, "I-I'm Mac. The ship's engineer. You are the new captain, yes?" Harry smiles and releases his grip in his cane sword.

"Indeed I am my good woman. I am Harry Massey. I have recently purchased this fine ship. I do have two questions for you though. One is that your note on the table? If so I don't mean to be rude, but you may want to take some penmanship lessons. Second why are you sleeping in my quarters?"

Mac says nothing while getting out of the bed and grabbing her note. "Sorry Captain. It won't happen again. I'll just go to my own quarters now if that is alright." The Rito nods and walks out of the room. Harry shrugs and returns to the top deck to wait for Loft.
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan rose from his bed in the inn, and paid for his stay. It had only been a brief time since he had come to Impa looking for a teacher. Still... this new town hadn't exactly graced him with one. In the end the blade he had crafted beforehand hadn't gone as an offering to one or anything of the sort.

So for now, he wandered the place, feeling somewhat down and even a little empty despite the hustle and bustle around him. What would he do now...? He couldn't go back like this. He hadn't gained any skill at all.

He held his heavy head up, trudging on. He had caught sight of strange looking boat... He drifted nearer to it, holding no real designs, only approaching it unconsciously. Hmm... where was this headed...? Curiosity drove him closer and closer.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

((UD, your signature is absolutely amazing. Just saying.))

Loft floated in between great bubbles of colour and texture, sliding across a glassy blue eye and bouncing off of a yellow and pink cake. He laughed, digging his hands into it, revelling in its spongey surface, and was just lifting up some of the delicious dessert when it shimmered out of being. Loft stared at it, wondering where it had gone. In fact, the entire world of flickering lights and insubstantial surfaces was fading, and he could feel the soft, warm bedsheets underneath him tug as he twisted against them, longing for the dream to stay. He had almost had the cake, it was right there... he wanted it to come back, but something loud was keeping him from resuming his fantasy.

"Loft, wake up." It was a voice, a male voice- Marcus' voice? No, Marcus wouldn't tell him to wake up. He'd kick him. The thought made his mental self grin. It had only happened once, but he'd never let Marcus forget it. For a non-fighting, specially trained magical Healer, he had a wicked left foot. "Today we set out for adventure on the high seas," the voice continued. No, it definitely wasn't Marcus. Who was it then? Barry? Harry? No, Larry- that was it.

"No," Loft mumbled as the door slammed shut, "don't want to get up...." Silence met his pronouncement, and Loft muttered incomprehensibly as he snuggled back into his pillow, trying to fall back asleep. Unfortunately, this was one of those times when sleep was simply unattainable. The present reality refused to take the back-seat to his mind's fantasies, and so Loft was quite unable to drift off into a realm of his own conjuration. After a few minutes of growing frustration, Loft growled and hopped out of bed. "Stupid boat, stupid Larry, stupid seas-" he stopped. Seas?

Loft's scowl changed instantly into an excited smile. That's right, he was sailing off into the sunset, off to explore the Eastern Sea! How could he stay in bed with such a super fun trip right in front of him? All thoughts of his dream left in his bed, Loft grabbed his stuff and skipped out of the room.

Loft retraced his path back to the ship as best he could. After a couple of wrong turns, an accidental trip into an apothecary, and an unfortunate trip over someone's cat, Loft arrived at the boat. Or was it a ship? Loft really didn't know the difference, but the ship would get angry if he didn't call it by the right name, so he made a mental cartoon of himself asking Larry about it as soon as possible.

There was someone standing by the ship, staring at it. "Excuse me," Loft said brightly, coming closer, "is this a boat or a ship?"
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Dustin's eyes flew open. Why was the room so bright? He put a hand to his head groggily. The stupid sun couldn't let him sleep for five more minutes? Then he stopped. He was doing something today, but what was it...? Of course! Today was the day he was going to return to the Eastern Sea! Dustin jumped to his feet. He put on some clothes and threw his art supplies into his bag. He left some money on the bed for the owner of the inn, then walked down the stairs and exit the building.

Walking in the direction of the docks, he noticed something different from the norm. There was a good sized, Red ship docked. An odd sight to say the least. Approaching the ship, he noticed two people standing by it. A goron, and a Hylian. He approached the two from behind.

"Is this a boat or a ship?" The Hylian asked the Goron. "I believe it is a ship." Dustin answered even though the question wasn't directed at him. "Would either of you know the owner of this ship?" Dustin asked curiously. "Oh, by the way, my name's Dustin Bruht. And you are?" he asked both of them, extending a hand.
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Harry strolls out onto the deck and notices the people gathered at his ship. Harry's Spectacles of Agony show him all the people's weak points and armored points. Harry nods in satisfaction before calling out. "Good morning. This is your captain, Harry Massey, speaking. Hello and thank you for sailing with me today. Loft if you would please take these fine gentlemen's things to their rooms?"

Harry walks down the ramp and shakes the hands of the Goron and the Rito. "I am Harry Massey and this is my ship, the Verloc. Where shall you two fine gentlemen be heading this fine day?" Harry smiles the entire time he is talking.
  6. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan looked up from the ship as he was joined by a few others, one of whom seemed to not entirely be there in the head. At the more level-headed one's question, he responded as the apparent captain emerged from the ship he remarked dryly, "Well, I guess there's your answer."

He turned to the man on deck for his next answer, but he did announce it loudly enough for the others to hear. "I'm Garvan, a blacksmith." He paused before he continued. What was he to say? He was drifting right now. He'd come to Impa, now what?

He sighed as the gentle sea breeze caressed his rocky face. "Well, I can't really say I'm going to anywhere right now." He closed his eyes and considered for a moment, though. If they were to voyage out there... who knew? Maybe he'd find something that'd make him a better blacksmith. He certainly had nothing to lose... "If the offer's still open, though, I'd be willing to come and make stuff that you need."
  7. Quill

"Loft, if you would please take these fine gentlemen's things to their rooms?"

The words... they were floating through the air around him... floating... Harry's words popped off around his head like miniature fireworks, sending glittering sparkles raining down on Loft's head. Loft giggled. Pretty lights. He wanted to say something too, and make more pretty lights!

"Blibble." The funny little word blibbed out of his mouth, boinged off of the dock, and burst against Harry's face. Loft giggled again. "Blibblty bibble bob!" They bubbled out of his boisterous blubber, blibbitying up the Goron's back and bursting against his head. Loft shrieked with laughter. The sounds split through the air in front of him, multi-coloured and dazzling, slicing through the sea air and sending the salty molecules sizzling to the ground.

Take their things to their rooms. The words floated up into his mind, blipping loudly and interrupting his game. Aww.

Loft's eyes surveyed the Goron and the... the... bird thingy. One bag each, but they didn't seem to want to let go of them. Loft pursed his lips. How was he supposed to take their bags to their rooms, if they didn't give him their bags? Honestly, the rudeness of some people!

Then Loft nodded his head wisely. He knew what to do in this situation. When someone's not doing something that you need them to do, there was a simple way to fix the problem. Loft's fingers slipped into a wooden organ hanging from his belt. Something hard slipped into his hand.

"Deku Nut to the face!" Loft screeched, and threw it down on the ground. He closed his eyes as a burst of extremely bright light flooded the area, and he heard the shouts from his companions. He opened his eyes, grabbed the two bags from their slackened grips, and ran up the boat's ramp, giggling madly.

He wasn't sure which rooms were theirs, but he could guess. He walked down some stairs, and found a tiny room with a small hole in the center of the floor. This would be the Goron's room. He threw one of the bags into it. He kept walking down the hallway, and found another tiny room full of brooms and cloths. This was the pigeon’s room. He threw the other bag into it. He turned, opened a door, and found a really nice bed with a small window, looking out over endless blue stuff.

"This is my room!" He said happily. He threw himself onto the bed, and set his pack carefully on the other pillow. "I wonder if I should go back to Larry...." He yawned, and snuggled under the blankets. "Maybe later...."
  8. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

What? Why was the Hylian aboard the ship saying to take their bags? "I'm sorry! I think you mis-" He began to shout back to the Hylian, but before he got the chance the other Hylian screamed "Deku nut to the face!" Dustin had a moment to be startled before he froze before the light. When he regained his vision, he noticed that his bag was gone.

Did they take his bag?! Dustin couldn't believe it! Normally he was pretty relaxed, but he had all of his art supplies in that bag. "Well, I guess we don't have much of a choice on the matter, do we?" Dustin said to the Goron as he began walking towards the ship. How had he gotten caught up in this? Ah well, he was going to the Eastern Sea anyways. It could be fun.
  9. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Harry holds his hand extended for a hand shake as the Deku Nut goes off. Harry stands completely still hand still extended. Harry blinks a few times and shakes his head. Looking around Harry continues talking like nothing ever happened. "Well anywhere sounds like a fine place to sail to. Come let's see where Loft put your bags. I'm sure that at least one of your bags will be in a closet or something." Harry chuckles as he leads Dustin and Garvan onto the ship to the cabins.

Harry opens the closet door and sees a bag sitting there. "I was joking about that, but he does that anyways. Never going to get good ratings like this." Harry grabs the bag and looks for anyway to tell who's it is. "Ah...this must be...Dustin's bag maybe? Eh. I hope so. Follow me please Dustin." Harry leads Dustin to a very nice room with a bed and a desk and a wardrobe. "This will be Dustin's room." Harry sets the bag onto the bed. "If you have any questions or concerns Mr. Dustin please feel free to approach me with them. Now I'll find where Loft put your bag Mr. Garvan and show you to your room. Why did I tell Loft to get the bags again?"

Harry found the bag in the restroom. "...yeeeaaaaahhh. Moving on." Harry grabs the bag and leads Garvan to another room that looks exactly like Dustin's room. Harry places the bag on the bed and smiles. "If there is anything that you need Mr. Garvan please feel free to ask." Harry walks out of Garvan's room looking for Loft. "Loft?! Where are you? Where in Nayru's name is that boy?"
  10. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan made a rather angry sound, a sort of slight growl when the flash blinded him and his bag was taken. The stuff in there was dangerous, for crying out loud, stuffing it some random chamber after shaking it up was not a good idea.

He imagined, for a vivid second, the little imp accidentally shaking out a bomb, which would go off in his face. He quickly shook these thoughts away.

Well... this was really going to be quite the tale to tell, if nothing else. Garvan had just made a spur-of-the moment decision, and then ended up on board a boat with one person who was terribly pushy and another who seemed rather... chaotic at best.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead. He felt as though that gesture would become common soon enough. At least the Rito he'd met seemed friendly enough...
  11. Quill

"Mm?" Loft's eyes cracked open. Did someone call him? "Hello?" He asked groggily. The room was empty. Nobody was there. Loft shrugged, and burrowed deeper into his pillow. "Back to sleep...."
  12. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Dustin was getting annoyed. His art supplies was very important to him, and these people would just take it and throw it so carelessly?! He took a deep breath. It wasn't all bad. Dustin was going to the Eastern Sea too. This was just a slight change of plans. Okay. He was calm now. Harry stopped. "This will be Dustin's room." He said. Dustin entered his room and looked around. It was somewhat bare, but it could work.

Dustin checked the dresser. It was empty. Next, Dustin quickly rummaged through the bag. All his stuff seemed to be in place. He sighed. Well, there wasn't much else to do on this ship. Dustin pulled out a brush and his paper, and laid them out in front of him, and began the rhythmic strokes on the paper. Suddenly the boat rocked, causing him to jerk his hand to the side. Dustin let out a curse, and crumpled the piece of paper. It looked like this would be a long ride.
  13. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Where'd that kid run off to. Maybe Mac knows. I hope so I really need to...ooooohh shiny." Harry kneels down to pick up a silver necklace that is in the shape of the Triforce. "Now why would someone leave such a pretty necklace like this..."

Harry couldn't finish his sentence before Mac walks up to him and says, "Everything is ready...where did you find that captain?" Mac eyes the necklace in Harry's hand.

Harry looks down at the necklace then back up to Mac. "You don't have to call me captain. My name's Harry. I don't remember if I have introduced myself earlier. At any rate I found this necklace right here actually. Is it yours?" Harry offers Mac the necklace. "Even if it isn't, you are the only female on the ship currently, so a gift I guess."

"Y-yes. It was my mother's. She gave it to me when I left Dragon Roost Island years ago. Thank you cap...Harry." Mac bows. Harry smiles and grabs Mac's shoulder.

"Well I'm glad that I found it then. Very sentimental of a gift I see. Oh right I was looking for you Mac." Harry starts digging in his pocket for a moment.

"Y-you have? Why?" Harry pulls out a rather well drawn picture of Loft he had drawn in case the kid went missing. Harry hands the picture to Mac.

"Haven't seen this kid have you? I can't seem to find him and he doesn't need to be left alone for extended periods of time." Mac shakes her head no as Harry takes back the picture. "Well would you mind helping me look?"

"Not at all cap...er...Harry." Harry and Mac search the rooms of the ship finding Loft asleep in one of the rooms. Harry smiles as he creeps silently forward to the bed.

When Harry reaches the bed he yells as loud as he can, "Goooooooood morning Loft! It's time to set sail!" Mac snickers at the door as Harry yells.
  14. Quill

Loft screamed, falling out of bed and struggling with the sheets twisted around his body. He flailed his arms, and withdrew a small brown nut from the sturdy organ still hanging from his waist. He closed his eyes and smashed it against the ground. He heard the sharp crack! and saw the light even from behind his eyelids, and once the blinding light had subsided he cracked his lids open.

"Larry!" He gasped. "How could you?" He struggled in the white sheets, trying and failing to throw them off of him. He glanced up at the doorway, and saw Pigeon-dude from earlier. "You too, Pigeon-man?" His breath caught. His gaze was fixed on the figure in the doorway, who was most definitely not Pigeon-man.

Her face was a delicately carved chunk of marble, lovably molded and smashed by a skilled crafstman. Her dull-red eyes clashed furiously with her beak, which was coloured as if the very sunset itself had thrown up all over it. Her shimmering silver hair shone as if someone had taken the essence of moonlight and grated chunks of it into her fine threads. Contrasting the beauty of the heavens, her tunic resembled the dried mud of the earth, and Loft's breath caught at the thoughtfulness of her choice of dress. Her over-long pants furthered the image, its deep blue fabric trailing haphazardly over the floor like the waters of a destructive tsunami.

"Ahhh," Loft mumbled, his tongue twisted in all sorts of directions, "uhmm, uhh," he scrambled over to the girl, and nervously patted down his hair. "Uhm." He licked his lips, trying desperately to think. Think, Loft, think! "Uh."

Loft pounded his chest with his fists. "Me Loft!"
  15. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan laid out his belongings before him to sort them out and make sure everything was there, before a strident, familiar sounding voice sounded out. Two of them, as a matter of fact, as he found himself seeking out the disruption.

He turned into the room in time to be welcomed by the ever-so-inspiring sight of a half-conscious Loft, his future crewmate, he supposed, pounding his chest like an ape. The goron chuckled slightly.

"Well, nice to meet you too, jungle boy."
  16. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Mac's eyes widen as she sees the Deku Nut in the boy's hand. She quickly covers her face with her wings and closes her eyes. Harry on the other hand has his eyes still wide open. After the flash Mac lowered her wings in time to see Loft trying to fix his hair and speak. "Uhm. Uh. Me Loft!"

Mac gave a very obvious 'what the hell' look before turning to Harry. "Captain. If you have no more tasks for me I shall be going to the bridge to get us sailing."

Harry nods and turns to the direction he thinks Mac is in, but instead he faces the wall next to the door. "Ah. Yes. We do need to get this adventure started right? Go ahead Mac. I will be there momentarily."

Mac looks confused for a few moments before she nods and walks past the Goron. "Excuse me sir." Mac walks away and talks to herself after she thinks she is out of earshot, "Well this captain seems...different. I hope he knows what he is doing."

Harry then turns facing the wardrobe thinking he is facing Loft. "Okay now that I found you Loft, I need you to stay with me okay? Good. Well let's get to the bridge." Harry turns around and walks strait into the wall he was talking to. Harry falls to the floor and sits up his vision returning to him. "Hm? Who put this wall here? No matter." Harry stands up and dusts himself off. "To the bridge then. Also Mr. Garvan you may want to return to your room. Although you are free to look around the ship if you want to, but I'd ask Mac if you want to get to the lower parts of the ship. I hope you enjoy the voyage."
  17. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "A voyage... without a destination, huh?" Garvan mumbled softly, slowly dragging himself onto the deck. As he stared into the horizon it occurred to him that he and this ship were somewhat alike. Nothing too fancy, no real goal in mind... Just the great boundless ocean ahead of them.

For the first time, doubt began to cross his mind. Would this really help him in any way...? It wasn't as though he could expect a forge on a ship, and they didn't even know where they were going. And the crew...

He shook his head. He couldn't go back empty-handed, at least.
  18. Quill

Light and sound worked in instantaneous harmony to rend the night in two. The ship rocked to and fro, and Loft struggled to keep his footing on the wooden boards of the deck. A rolling barrel knocked him off his feet, and he scrambled on all fours towards the door leading below deck. The water and wind were not at all fun to play in, as he had thought. They attacked him, pulling his hair and smacking him every which way. He was completely powerless before them, and he was terrified at the absolute lack of control he possessed. He flung himself through the door and slammed it shut behind him. He breathed a sigh of relief and slid down the door, resting on the floor. As a child feels an inherent unwavering safety in its mother's arms, so too did Loft find comfort from the opaque wooden walls of the hallway.

Loft sat there shivering for a minute, listening to the trashing and creaking of the waylaid ship. His breath quickened and his pulse raced at the thought of the storm outside, and he jumped to his feet. He had to see, he had to know what was happening. There was no way he was going back outside, but his room had a window. He ran down the hallway, dancing around the disgorged contents of the open linen closet. He had gotten used to his room in the last couple of days, and it was refreshing to see it in a state of wild disorder.

He leaned up close to the glass window, trying to see. The ship lurched and his face slammed into it. The window was fine, but the same couldn't be said about his face. Sensitively rubbing his smarting sniffer, he carefully leaned his head against the window. After all, if it was already touching the window a lurch wouldn't do anything. The water whipped as the wind wailed, lightening streaked through the dark skies and were immediately followed by the sounds of the air itself being smashed into bits. A smile stretched across Loft's face as he witnessed the sheer, uncontrollable power of the storm. Here was something that could not be limited or restrained by mortal man, something that tossed their ship around like Loft tossed packets of cow dung.

Loft needed a better view. This tiny window just wasn't enough. Beside, he had to crouch uncomfortably to see anything good, and that was getting old fast. He grabbed a blanket from the bed and raced off towards the lounge, where he knew a couch rested right beside a large window. He snuggled into it and looked out into the night. The destructive chaos of the outside world, separated from him by an impenetrable shield of solid glass, resonated with the reality of his inner mind. Loft relaxed into the safe arms of the couch and watched the storm run its course.
  19. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

A crash of thunder jolted Dustin awake. He got up from his bed, fully awake from the sound of the crashes, and made his way to the window to see the extent of the storm. It was huge! Dustin had never seen anything like it. The sky was dark, but lightning would occasionally light the sky, followed by huge crashes of thunder. The rolling clouds, and huge waves rocking the ship were, surprisingly quite beautiful. Dustin made a mental note to try painting a storm sometime, but was interrupted by a sudden rock of the ship, which knocked him onto the floor.

Dustin attempted to get up, but was knocked right back down by another lurch of the ship. This sudden movement had caused his paints to fly out of his bag, and land with a thud, breaking and spilling paint all over the cabin floor. "No!" Dustin shouted out loud, but the damage had already been done. "Those were the best paints available in Dragonroost too." Dustin said to himself, still sprawled across the floor, completely and utterly defeated.
  20. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan grimaced silently, turning an inquisitive, almost bitter glare to the mighty, crashing seas and stormy, looming clouds. Ever since he left home it had been nothing but bad weather. And now they were actually going on a voyage in this... it was already bad luck to sail with such conditions and the turbulence forced even his stony, sturdy body to move to its whims, pitching the ship (and by extension, him) this way and that.

He stumbled back, lurching against the wily wind to get back in. Perhaps, indeed, this was a bad idea, he chided himself as he managed to get himself back in the (relative) safety of the ship. As though on cue, unbridled, deafening thunder sounded shortly after he did so. Garvan muttered something darkly, noting that mother nature was never known for her subtlety.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.