TEAM BLUE: Pokemon RP: Tales from the Belvair Region

Discussion in 'Pokemon RP: Tales from the Belvair Region' started by Chaos James, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Re: Pokemon RP: Tales from the Belvair Region

Mark ran with the group of trainers. Oddly enough, the Lairon had fallen asleep, why Mark couldn't even begin to guess. The Grunt with the Arbok ran in the opposite direction. However, the machoke gave chase. Mark ran with the group. What could he do? He looked back. It was catching up quickly. Mark was desperate for an idea. Then, it came to him. Another of the trainers, a very short man, who looked a few years older than Mark, had suddenly spun around a sent out a Wurmple, giving it some sort of order, one that Mark didn't recognize.

He did however, recognize it when the Caterpie used string shot. He was terrified, but he couldn't just give up. What if the caterpie's string shot wasn't enough to stop it. "Danny!" He shouted, tossing a pokeball into the air. "Use string shot! Try to attack in the same place as that Caterpie does!"

If all went well,the combined string shots of the two caterpillars would hopefully be enough to at least slow down Machoke, if not outright trip it. It was a crazy plan, sure, but there weren't any other options.
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964

Catherine spied the girl from before who had been fleeing the Rockets, who still wasn't slowing down. She wished she could help the two trainers who stayed back with their caterpillar pokemon, but she had no pokemon of her own. Even as she chased the mysterious girl, she looked back over her shoulder to see what they were doing, as it seemed they both launched twin String Shots. She turned her focus back to her front...

Just in time to run smack-dab into a wooden kiosk wagon, knocking it over and spilling produce all around her. She kept going and tripped over it, landing harshly and skinning her hands as she instinctively broke the fall. The merchant who was pushing it threw his hands up in the air, crying forlornly, "My cabbages!"

Catherine managed to stammer, "I-I'm sorry," but the man seemed more busy with picking up his abused goods. She decided to leave him to it to try and catch up with the girl. She got back up and started running again.

As she ran it occurred to her that perhaps the hubbub that had caused might slow down the Rocket grunts... she hoped so, anyway.
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337

Harry rounded a corner and kept running looking over his shoulder for any signs of the Rocket Grunts or the Machoke. Harry looked back in front of him to see one of the trainer girls run into a produce kiosk wagon with mostly cabbages on it. "My cabbages!" Harry ran past the now outraged man trying to pick up his produce with a small smirk.

"Where've I heard that before? Ah well." Harry kept his pase chasing the girl in hopes she was chasing the girl with the Pikachu. Harry had a few things he wanted to ask the Pikachu girl. Suddenly Harry remembered he had MP3 player on and blaring music. '...She should not lock the open door. Run away, run away, run away. Full moon is on the sky and he's not a man anymore...' Harry turned the volume down and stuck an ear piece in. "Didn't know I had this song. Hm."

(Song in post: Full Moon by Sonata Arctica)
  4. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

She had been stopped by an avalanch of produce as a man screamed about his cabbages. The tone and the situation seemed awfully familiar, but she didn't have time to worry about that, and passed through the cabbage as quickly as she could, pushing the cabbage man out of the way, and she trudged her way through the cabbages with an increased pace, before breaking out into a run with little incident passing through the cabbages.

Alyn however, after breaking out into the run, tripped over her own feet, slamming against the ground with full force, scraping up her arms arms and legs. She struggled to push herself off the ground, and forced herself to try and keep moving onwards with the pain, no matter how much it hurt for her to move. Being pampered your whole life made scrapes like this almost unbearable, and truly wimpy people.
  5. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405

Dust and Danny flew bravely from their respective Pokeballs, webbing firing from their mouths as they attempted to trip the charging Machoke. As his legs became trapped, Machoke made a short hop before leaping off the ground, sailing forward through the air, ripping at the webbing biding his legs in the process. Just as he got the rest of the webbing off and prepared to land and crush the puny bug Pokemon, he couldn't help but cover his mouth in a yawn before dozing off, slamming into the ground and bouncing, finally rolling to a stop fast asleep.

While the Machoke was stopped for now, the trainers had to keep running, because the Rocket Grunt didn't seem to want to give in easily. As the last trainer ran around the corner and started down the street with the others, a great tremor and roar could be felt as an Onix ripped around the corner. People in the streets screamed and ran, panic as people made clear of the beast of a Pokemon as the great rock snake started down the road.

"Bury them alive Onix, use Earthquake!"

With those words, Onix slithered forward then swung his tail around and slammed it into the ground as a great fissure opened up in the streets, opening wide as people paniced, finally the ground giving out from under the trainers and sending them into the dark abyss. As the ground snapped back together, the Rocket Grunt grinned and returned his Onix as the police started to pull up.

~~~
    ((Guy, Chi, Unnamed and Will, you will begin posting here. Higan, Double, U5 and Light will continue to post here.))
    ~~~

Your head pounds as you awake. Looking around at your surroundings, it takes some time for your eyes to start getting use to the dark of the cave as you see some of the other trainers from earlier. As you get up, you also notice a young girl, though not the one from earlier. She must of been a bystander to the Rocket Grunt's attack, caught up in the Earthquake like the others.

Once awake and acustomed to the dark, it won't take long for the group to notice the passageway to their left.

Party:
    [​IMG] - Dust - Caterpie - Lv. 5 - 100%
    Potion used
    [​IMG] - Danny - Wurple - Lv. 5 - 100%

Opponents:
    [​IMG]
    Onix - Lv. 37 - 100%
    [​IMG]
    Machoke - Lv. 40 - 95% - Accuracy Down! Speed Down! Speed Down! Asleep!
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Mark wait for the his eyes to adjust to the dark. "Ooh, My head." He mumbled. "What happened?" Mark snapped back to reality and looked around. They were underground. That earthquake must have swallowed them. Then he realized Danny wasn't in his pokeball. Danny? He called looking around. Then he breathed out a sigh of relief. Danny had landed nearby, and seemed unharmed. He returned the caterpillar back to it's ball.

Mark looked around the room. The other people seemed to be waking up. "Well, the best thing to do would probably be to introduce myself to everyone, after all, he might be with them a long time. He had to get to know them. He walked over to the nearest person, a girl who he hadn't met before. She hadn't been part of the group running either. "Hello." He greeted her. "My name is Mark. And who are you? What happened to you?"
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337

Harry slowly raised up rubbing his head. "God my aching...huh? Where 're we?" Harry's vision started to return and become used to the dark as he noticed that Jolty was gone. "Jolty...where ya at Jolty?" Harry looked around before feeling a sharp pain in his neck. "Ow sunvabitch!" Harry reached to the back of his neck and found Jolty sitting in his hand with blood on her face. "Jolty why ya keep doin' that? I get ya c'n use Leech Life. Ya don't have ta..." Harry looked up to see the other people in the cave with him.

Harry nervously smiled and put Jolty back on his shirt. "Um...howdy, I guess. Name's Harry. So...yeah..." Harry fumbled with his MP3 player in his pocket checking if it still worked. It did and started blaring music. 'Steve walks warily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low. Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go. Are you ready, Are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat? Out of the doorway the bullets rip, to the sound of the beat...' Harry quickly turned the volume down. "Sorry 'bout that." Harry put one of the ear pieces in and then stood up and stretched his back. Many loud pops are heard as he does that. Harry heard the kid with the Wurmple say his name was Mark. Harry might need to remember that.

(Song in post: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen)
  8. HiganRetour

HiganRetour New Member new

Varius had something of a groggy feeling as he came to, followed by one of dissatisfaction. He'd wanted to be beat that Team Rocket goon, after their Machoke had fallen asleep. Give him a right just reward for fighting out of trainer league regulations. Varius was stronger than some from his work, which alternated machinery operation and the markedly less tiring systems management. Without their Pokemon, they'd have gotten what they had coming, and legally it'd be self defense.

Instead, here he was, under what he assumed to be rubble. After checking on his goods -- the laptop was good, and Kongo was napping, as always --, he walked past the behemoth with the music, opting instead to check on their newest addition, one girl of slim build and short stature. Not a babe, by his definitions -- jailbait, rather -- but all the same he offered her his hand and helped her up. "Shame you got dragged into this, whatever 'this' is. At any rate," he continued talking not to all present parties, "there seems to be a path forward, over there," he said, pointing towards the opening in the cave. "We really should get moving."

He started to move himself forward, taking with him at first the new girl in his first steps, then on his own. He picked up his backpack and his one friend in Kongo, slung both onto his back, and turned around. He regarded them all, but his eyes were on the new girl. "Oh, and you can call me V. What's your name, kitten?"

He opted out giving his full name since, frankly, the errors and jokes to be made of his name were, ugh, various.
  9. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

Alice had been walking innocently along the street before the brawl caused by the Rocket Grunt had broken out. Her father had asked her to deliver one small bouquet and two parcels of berries to one of their customers who lived further into the city. Unfortunately, the earthquake caused by Onix had happened right beneath her feet. The bouquet and berries were thrown from her arms as she fell into the depths of the earth, yelling until she made contact with the hard ground. Alice kept her eyes closed until the tremors ceased. When all was still, she pushed herself up with one arm, while the other brushed the dust out of her long hair. She wasn't quite sure whether it was a good thing that she had company down here.

The three male trainers all introduced themselves in turn, while the one named V offered his hand to help her up. She cringed slightly at being called 'kitten', but decided V was just being friendly.

"I'm Alice... I was just running an errand, but that's not really important now." She glanced around the gloomy cave as she got to her feet, spotting several piles of rocks, but neither the packages or the flowers. Being trapped underground seemed like a reasonable excuse for not delivering the goods; Alice just hoped her father would believe her. "Were you under attack?" She noticed the bloody Joltik atop Harry's shirt, but he didn't seem terribly concerned.
  10. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405

As the group introduces themselves and realized they were relatively unharmed, it didn't take them long to realize they were in a series of caves. Alice had actually heard of the caves before, from a local trainer who stopped by the shop one day on his way back to town. Apparently the Seabreak Caves had a public entrance out by the mountains and stretched around underground even under Garven City. With this hopeful peice of information, the group had but one choice left, follow the only passageway out of the room they stood in.
  11. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

"Wait, this isn't just a random hole in the ground," Alice stepped towards the only exit they had. She peered around the corner,through the gloom, just able to make out some more passageways off in the distance. "I've got a feeling we've fallen into the Seabreak Caves. Apparently it's a little bit tricky down here, but there is a passageway that leads to the mountains nearby..."

Aware that she had just talked a whole lot to three guys who were practically strangers, Alice went suddenly quiet. "...But I think we should stay together. Can anyone the light way?"
  12. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337

Harry looked around the cave as Alice said they were in the Seabreak Caves. Harry thought for a few moments before not remembering anything he had heard of the caves. "...But I think we should stay together. Can anyone the light way?"

Harry looked down at his bloody Joltik. "I might be able ta help a bit. Hey Jolty. Yer an electric type, c'n ya give us some light?" Jolty stood up on Harry's shirt and tried to use Thunderwave, but it made little less than a dim light for half a second. Jolty then curled up again and started absorbing static off of Harry. "Not enough energy eh? Well at least I ain't gotta construct additional Pylons." Harry chuckled a bit before accidentally hitting the next song button on his MP3 player.

Another song started playing loud enough for everyone to hear, 'Out on the streets I'm stalking the night, I can hear my heavy breathing. Paid for the kill, but it doesn't seem right. Something there I can't believe in. Voices are calling from inside my head, I can hear them, I can hear them. Vanishing memories of things that were said. They can't try to hurt me now. But a shot in the dark. One step away from you. Just a shot in the dark. Always creeping up on you, all right...' Harry turns down the volume a bit. "Huh. Shot in tha Dark. Ironic."

(Song used in post: Shot in the Dark by Ozzy Osbourne)
  13. HiganRetour

Yeah I'm pretty sure no one reads this

"Yeah I don't think that spider thing of yours building up energy is gonna work. It'll just run out again and be tired for it. I say let our eyes adjust. We're gonna be dark at leasta parta the way, anyway, and if we have light for just a part it could ruin our night eyes."

The only light Varius had would be from his laptop, and that wouldn't be all too viable.
  14. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

The trainer named Harry ordered his Joltik to create some light, but not much happened. Suddenly music started blaring through the cave, a few seconds later being turned back down.

" I say let our eyes adjust. We're gonna be dark at leasta parta the way, anyway, and if we have light for just a part it could ruin our night eyes." V suggested.

"I agree with V. Letting our eyes adjust seems to be the best strategy. All I've got for light is this pokedex, and it won't be nearly enough for us to see."

How had this happened? Mark sighed quietly to himself. He had moved here to escape the violent crimes of his own city and now it was back? He made himself smile though. No use being gloomy and demoralizing the group after all.
  15. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    With the information and decisions made, the group of trainers stranded in the cave started on their search for the exit. Walking down the dark passageway, all they could hear was their own footsteps echoing off the walls, at least until a new sound reached their ears. It sounded like running water, perhaps they had fallen into the Garven City sewers after all. When they stepped out of the passageway into the large cavern though, they were shocked at what they saw.

The huge room had rocky ledges, arching ceilings and running water. Waterfalls cascaded over some of the ledges, splashing into rivers that cut through the earth. Of course this made sense to Alice, as natural springs were common in the area, even Harry remembered what he knew of the springs, since they made the local Javas Falls famous as a vacation spot.

Looking around, the group noticed that people had been in the area before, as dim lights hung on the walls, though the spacing was odd. Mark was quick to notice a rope ladder leading up one of the ledges, and he caught a glint of something small and metallic on a ledge in the distance, almost missing it in the dim light. Likewise, Alice noticed a splashing sound nearby, though she wasn't sure if it was just the waterfall or if something was swimming in one of the nearby rivers.
  16. Lightascetic

Lightascetic Member reg

"Ah, much better." Alice contemplated the lighting briefly as the echo of her voice was swallowed by the somewhat calming roar of the waterfalls. Without hesitation she made her way to the nearest body of water, kneeling before it to travel her finger along the steady current. "These must be the underwater springs; you won't find cleaner water for miles." Her father sometimes paid travellers to return bottles of water to the florist; there was nothing flowers enjoyed more than mineral-rich spring water.

At the the very tip of her hearing, Alice noticed an irregular splash. When it continued, she decided it wasn't just the natural flow of the rivers. Making her way closer to the source of the noise brought her to a pool of water, fed by a waterfall which flowed into one of the rivers. Alice peered through the froth of the water, wondering whether something was there...
  17. HiganRetour

V took Alice on her word about the water, bent over to scoop up some water for him and Kongo. He also filled his bottle to the brim; it would be stagnant by the time he got to it, but would still be better than tap or whatever river water he'd stumble upon, it sounded like.

"Sooo....." he said, looking around, "anyone see an exit? I'm noticing no less than zilcho on that..."
  18. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

"There's some sort of passage over there." Mark responded to V, pointing at a rope ladder climbing up the edge of a wall. Mark started to walk ahead, in an attempt to lead the way to the trainers, but before getting anywhere, he stopped. "Huh?" he said quietly to himself. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a metallic glint. What could that be? Whatever it was, it looked important. He made a mental note to self to stay in the front of the group so he could see what it was, and grab it as they passed, if it was valuable of course.
  19. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Hm. Spring eh? One o' tha few reasons anyone knows ma hometown's 'cause o' a spring. Anyways, come on Jolty. Let's clean ya off a bit. Seein' ma blood on ya's a bit creepy." Harry took Jolty off of his shirt and held her in his hand walking down to a small poor of standing water separate from the running water. Harry dipped his entire free hand in the water then rubbed Jolty's face cleaning off the blood.

After all the blood was off Jolty shook a bit before jumping back on to Harry's shirt. Harry wiped his hand on his shirt and said, "There we go. Now I ain't gotta see ma blood whenever I look down at ya." Harry looked over the cavern that he was in. "No we just need a way ou..."

Harry was cut off as Mark answered the V kid, "There's some sort of passage over there." Pointing to a rope ladder. "Welp. What'er we waitin' fer? After yens." Harry was a little surprised he was talking to them as much as he was, but then again his usual thing wouldn't work when he had to talk in order to make it out of the underground. Harry shrugged and walked back up to where the rest of the people were.
  20. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As Mark and Harry looked towards the upper ledge by the rope bridge, Varius and Alice didn't take anytime noticing what was before them. As a blue crocodile leapt out, teeth showing as it tried to clamp down on Varius' waterbottle, Alice was shocked as a shellfish came splashing out of the water towards her, landing on the ground and snapping forward quickly. The air of the sudden situation was only broken by a pink Pokemon floating down the river on his back, laughing slowly at the group.

Wild Pokemon:

[​IMG]
    Totodile - Lv. 4 - 100%
    [​IMG]
    Shellder - Lv. 7 - 100%
    [​IMG]
    Slowpoke - Lv. 4 - 100%