Tarvos Novesium

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Premium Chaos, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Honor:
    Regular

Name:
    Tarvos Novesium

Race:
    Hylian

Place of Origin:
    Refugee of the Eastern Caves

P/W/C:
    Power: ***
    Wisdom: *
    Courage: ****

Treasures:
    Sense
    Spin Attack
    Command Melody
    40 Rupees

Height:
    6'3"

Weight:
    227 pounds

Equipment:
    Tarvos is equipped with some light armor for minimum protection to maximize his speed and reflexes. Strapped to his back is a fancy axe that has saved his life more times than he would like to reveal. The blade itself is steel with razor sharp edges on both sides. The business end of the blade is much larger and has a simple curved blade. The blade is painted gold as it leads into the hilt. The back of the blade is also curvy but it curves back out leading into a barb like point. The black hilt of the axe gets skinnier as it reaches the middle but then grows in thickness as it reaches the bottom. The hilt has several gold bands that allow for increased grip. The bottom of the axe has a small blade that is more for utility than combat.

His secondary weapon is a fancy bow. It is made of a yew tree and is encrusted in some gold giving it a very noble presence. There are three rubies in the gold at the top, bottom, and center. His quiver is mostly blue with gold trim around the top and bottom.

Many wonder why a lone rebel has such glorious weapons on him. How could he afford something so frivolous at a time like this. His means of obtaining said weapons are unimportant and something he readily avoids. But delving into his personality you can tell that he is still hurting from certain monetary aspects in his past. These gold encrusted weapons are a symbol of the status that he once had attained but was just as quickly stolen away from him.

Appearance:
    In his younger years Tarvos was known to swoon many a lady into his bed with his charm and good looks. In his older age the same can be said just on a drastically smaller scale. His skin is showing quite a bit of age. A few wrinkles appear around his eyes and and on his forehead. Regardless his blue eyes still pierce the hearts of many, adding to his charisma. His hair has a redish brown coloration and parts in the middle of his forehead and tucked behind his ears falling to about shoulder length. He has a broad handsome nose, and a thick goatee ruffly half an inch in thickness.

His clothing is fairly normal compared to the rest of the realm. Modest khakii colored pants that fit into his brown boots. He has thick leather armor strapped around his legs just bellow the knee.

When not equipped for battle he wears a deep V neck collared shirt. The collar pops up as if he was wearing a cape. The blue collared shirt is tucked into his pants.

When a battle is raging Tarvos puts on a layer of thin leather armor to not impede movement. Around his waist his has a thick leather belt which is used for protection more-so than holding up his pantaloons. His last bit of protection is at his shoulders. Two steal shoulder pads after way too many scrapes on his shoulders.

Personality:
    Very altruistic especially for his friends and teammates and is willing to eat an axe to the face if it means saving them. He often jokes about his age despite looking much younger, he supposes that baby face as a teenager finally paid dividends. Nobody would say that Tarvos is particularly humorous but he does try. Typically his jokes are too dry for people to even tell they are jokes.

He often reads and has gained quite a bit of knowledge on a plethora of subject matters(most of which are utterly useless). This lead to great success but also gave him a greed for knowledge, power, and monetary wealth.

His likes include: stoking his beard as he thinks, axes, his pupils, his teammates, alcohol, money, and women.

His dislikes include: men that look like women, women that look like men, jailbait that look like women, liars, Ganon, and monsters

Residence:
    None

Pet:
    None

Backstory:
    Tarvos was raised in Ruto born in 20 B.G. His parents weren't too prevalent in town or in his life. He was always curious as to how things worked and was more obsessed with his studies than with anything that was happening with his parents. At the young age of 18 he began a career as a merchant and the knowledge that he had procured under his hours of studies lead him to be quite successful if not just a bit naive.

At around twenty his fortune was swindled away by a business associate and he was left downtrodden and alone. After becoming estranged from his family during his successes he knew he couldn't go back to them so he instead wondered the streets living as a tramp in the back alleys. He had lost all faith in humanity in the next few years and became very cold and skeptical.

A few years latter as Ganon's armies took Southern Hyrule Tarvos was in a panic. He had never received any formal training in combat, always seeing himself as more of a scholar. And his skepticism left him alone without any protection. The basic human will to survive is the only thing that got him safely to the Eastern Caves. He didn't know where to go so he just followed the crowd, not like he had many options regardless.

There were constant battles and hardships for him over the years. Being with all the Warrior Gerudo and guards from Ruto he quickly picked up the art of combat through observation alone. He would watch the battles from a distance and learn how to fight, accumulating muscle mass along the way. He didn't quite care to protect the Eastern Cave he more or less was worried about protecting himself in a worst case scenario.

After years of seeing this bloodshed that these men and women were doing just to keep him, and everyone else alive he realized that maybe he was wrong and people can be good, albeit only under the worst circumstances. Tarvos from that point on decides to become a freedom fighter, intent on liberating the Southern continent.

He gained bonds over several years of fighting for survival and formed a team of trusted allies(one of them being Sec, cameo ftw) and pupils. in 15 A.G. he and his team were part of the assault to retake Ruto. After winning back his home and losing a few allies he knew what he had to do. After the celebrations he disappeared into the night. Two years have passed since that day and many a tale have been told of a nameless hero selflessly saving those in adversity.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

For the most part, Premium Chaos, this sounds good. Your math checks out. which is always a plus. There are, however, a few things that I am wondering about.

First, you say that his axe is made of silver. According to Wikipedia, silver is a very soft, malleable metal. I'm not sure if that would make for a very good weapon.

Second, Tarvos has all this fancy, uber rich stuff (gold bands, jewel-encrusted bow, silver axe, gold trim, etc.). He's a refugee living in Southern Hyrule as a freedom fighter- I'm not really sure where all those riches are coming from.

Thoughts?
  3. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

They are more aesthetics than anything. I am giving the appearance as looking Silver in color. I would assume it would still be steel it just is fairly shiny. But why does it matter this is Hyrule Castle where the stories are made up and the physics doesn't matter. :haa: But in all seriousness I'll just change it to steel. :)

Although I feel it is best left to the reader to wonder where the wealth is coming from, I would have eventually explained it. His young adulthood was fairly poor refugee all that jazz you mentioned. But for the last few years he has been traveling the world. There are millions of ways he could have come across it. He could have found it, he could have peeled it off some monsters cold dead hands, it could have been a gift out of gratitude. His character was obviously very mad about losing all his money at a young age so the finer things in life would obviously mean much to him. That's why his weapons look the way they do as some sort of a status symbol. I feel the how isn't necessary to add, but I'll add in the why and make it more purposely ambiguous like I intended originally.

Thank you :)