Starsend Canon Timer

Discussion in 'Small Updates' started by WillowtheWhisp, Apr 28, 2016.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that the timer for canon has begun on Starsend, as Squishy, Blonde Panther and Clooby have completed the first Starsend thread! Therefore, any others that would like to compete for HC canon for Starsend completion, will need to complete their thread within three weeks! Good luck!

As a side-note, I will be doing a write-up for each of the bosses in the current three dungeons, whenever each has had a thread chosen for canon. The purpose of these is to give a little more information on these mysterious entities, and to give a general idea of the sort of thinking that goes into the themes and ideas with each dungeon. Moreover, it gives me a chance to incorporate some of the ideas written by those who wrote the canon thread. As Moonshadow has been complete for some time, I have included the write-up for Panopticon below. Once the timer is up for Starsend, look out for the Askoval write-up!

-----

Why do I exist? Shadows should not have form or will. And yet here I am, facing my other self. I feel his warmth on the skin of my hands, and I am overwhelmed by a strange sensation. I cannot place it, not while the concept of sensation remains still such a mystery. Is this happiness or sadness I feel? Elation or remorse? These words come unbidden to my mind. I have no reservoir upon which to draw. My entire being is contained within but a few minutes alone. I look down, and in the monochrome that is my world, I see color for the first time.

Twisting, angry red. Crimson ribbons dribble through my fingers, coiling my fingertips sensually. I gasp as the color penetrates skin, darting across veins like tree roots. My mind settles upon pleasure for this one, and it feels right. As his very essence grasps my heart, colors dance in my vision, a kaleidoscope of pure bliss. Those strange, nebulous feelings solidify with definite form in my mind: this is happiness, this is fulfillment. In the dark recesses of my thoughts, pressed back against my skull by wave after wave of ecstasy, I tell myself that these aren’t my feelings. They are his, and what I feel is only an imitation. But it doesn’t matter, does it? It’s no less real for me.

And then the color is gone, and the shades of grey return. No vibrant blues and yellows dancing just out of sight, no breeze to kiss my skin. I double over in pain: I know this now, too. This cold, unfeeling pit, like a gnawing and insatiable hunger. I tear at my stomach with long nails, drawing wet blood, but I see no red. Where has the color gone? I look at his corpse hungrily, and descend upon the carrion. I need more.

I must have more.

-Panopticon,
    Cloud likes this.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Soooo the timer is up, so congrats to Cloobz/BP/Squish! Just one left to go! I'll try to hurry it up...

Write-up to follow sometime later. :tpr:
    Squishy likes this.