Spectral fist

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Name: Spectral fist.

P/W/C Type: W and P?

Appearance: A purple aura around the hand.

Description of Function: The user focusses a punch on a target, their fist bursting into a purple aura. While not doing any more damage than normal, this ability makes the fist go right through anything non-living as if it didn’t exist. No damage is done to the object it goes through, but it does nothing to stop the attack. Only up to the wrist can pass through anything, and if beyond that is attempted to be used, it causes immense pain to the caster, their flesh and bone in their arm taking the brunt of the attack.

Limitations: Unarmed only. Causes a lot of strain on the user’s hand.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'm thinking that there must be something missing from this description. All I'm getting from this is "the caster can make his punches phase out so they don't do any damage," which doesn't make sense.
  3. Tsubori

Better? My bad on that.
  4. Quill

It sounds like the point of this treasure is to punch something protected by armor. It's a good idea, but there's already something for that in the Library.

^ Spark Smash.
  5. Tsubori

Huh. If spark smash works on things like walls, I'll cede this. Also, does it help that you could say.... Grab someone's neck through a wall and smack their head on it?
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Unlikely--you said yourself that the caster will suffer severe pain if the hand passes through anything past the wrist, and thus even if you have a wall thin enough to allow that, the person would have to be right up against the wall to be within grabbing range, and then you wouldn't have enough leverage or momentum to really hurt them by yanking their face at the wall.
  7. Tsubori

Good point.
  8. Quill

It would have to be a relatively thin wall, given that the treasure's example is armor, but w/e. Moving this to the Unaccepted.
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I'm just going to leave this here.
  10. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

Perhaps add an augment that extends the aura further up the arm to allow with use through walls. As I think there is a treasure that lets you see through walls. Though I might be wrong on that. If there isn't one, that could be made too.

Edit: Maybe even add a full body augment that makes it a major treasure. I'd say full body would be useful for thief types with the eternal augment alongside it.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017