[SOLO] Teacher of Battle Magic

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Blonde Panther, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Yasmin hummed, shielding her eyes from the sun, as she crossed the plaza on her way home. She had bought something for Agnes at the market, a lean outfit that could fade into the background but also sacrificed little in the way of aesthetics. Functional, and fashionable! Agnes was easy to buy presents for. Hannah, on the other hand… Hannah was a mage-y kind of person, and Yasmin’s own magic was sorely limited. She had no idea what to buy for her eldest.

Normally, Yasmin was alert, but lost in thought, she bumped into someone who was uncannily silent in his gait. “Oi!” she called, more in shock than in indignation, “Watch it! Fragile cargo!”

“My apologies,” said the victim of her outburst, a tall man with white hair and red eyes, clutching a few thick books to his slender chest. “I must hurry- I have preparations to make before class, you see.”

“Class?” Yasmin said, “A grown man like you?” He looked to be around the same age as her.

“I’m not a student,” the man explained, opening one of the books and pulling out a card. “I teach. Maybe this can explain in more detail- I really must be off.” He nodded towards her in acknowledgement, and then hurried off.

Yasmin turned the card around to see the man’s name and station. “Teacher of… huh…” And that’s when it hit her. This might just solve her dilemma.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks later, Hannah tossed her bag on a table and started to take out her books. Her classmates looked at her warily- this was a second-year class, and they didn’t recognise her from the first year, obviously. Yasmin had forged papers indicating Hannah had met the requirements for this course so that she could enrol, but they couldn’t modify the memories of the other students. Well, Hannah thought, whatever. She could still make herself loved or feared regardless of how well-known she was now.

From the door on the other end of the classroom, a tall, slender man with white hair and red eyes walked in calmly, just like Yasmin had said he would. He put his books on his desk slowly, in a calculating manner that Hannah could tell was on purpose- just slow enough to buy the class time to settle down, but not so slow as to make him look old and weak.

He turned around to the class, which by now had sat down and awaited instructions. “Welcome, class. I am Professor Sirius Longfellow, and for the coming year, I will be your teacher of Battle Magic.”

Yasmin Shahnaz: -100 Rupees.
    Blonde Panther’s account: +Racial License {Sheikah}.