[SOLO][SUMMER EVENT] Veterinarian's Visit

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Blonde Panther, May 29, 2014.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Veterinarian's Visit
    Metadata (open)
    Character: Autumn
    Treasure: Combat Companion
    Balance before transaction: 76 Rupees.
    Cost: 65 Rupees.
    Balance after transaction: 11 Rupees.
    I'm not sure how I would do this under normal circumstances, so I'm taking advantage of the Summer Event to get Autumn's Wolfos patched up into a Combat Companion.

Wolfos tugged on the makeshift leash unhappily, its teeth dangerously close to ripping the leather in half. Autumn caught on when the beast growled at the material and bent down, giving it a slap on its head. "Stop doing that," she said, "We'll catch too much eye if you start running around freely. We'll get rid of it when we get back to the Woods, I promise."

She straightened her back out, taking a deep breath as she walked through the crowds. She wasn't used to large groups of people, let alone noisy ones. Normally, she wouldn't even venture outside the Lost Woods, but she had overheard travellers talking about the Festival of Mortal Hands, during which an enormous range of merchants and artisans came to town to offer their services; amongst which veterinarians giving free check-ups on unusual pets. As Wolfos limped along next to her, Autumn realised that a wild specimen might be more than the vets bargained for, but if she didn't get his limp looked at and fixed right now, she might never get another opportunity.

She finally found a quieter part of the market, where a young man with a large bird just took a jar of supposedly medicine from a stall owner and walked off. Assuming this stall owner to be a vet of sorts, Autumn walked up to him and cleared her throat. "I, um..." she began. This was not easy. She wasn't at home, so most of her confidence was gone. "I have a dog in need of medical attention."

"Let's have a look at 'im," the vet said, clearing some space on his stall. "Put 'im up." Autumn did as asked, picking up the heavy canine and putting him on the stall. He barely fit into the cleared space, and the vet's eyes widened. "My, my. That's a mighty big dog you have there, lass. What seems to be wrong with him?"

"His leg," Autumn said, holding on to Wolfos's leash with one hand and picking up his bad leg with the other. "He's been limping for a while now."

"For how long exactly?" The vet took the leg from her, feeling it carefully and frowning. He didn't wait for Autumn's response. "This is... This feels like a normal fracture, except it's grown back together in all the wrong ways. How long did you say he's been limping?"

"As..." Autumn sputtered. "As long as I've known him..."

"Well!" the vet said, huffing a little. "This won't do! How is he for ingesting magical or chemical substances?" He dove behind his stall, soon coming back up with a jar filled with a strange red liquid in one hand and a small hammer in the other. "Hold him down for a second. This shouldn't be hard to fix." Autumn once more did as requested, although with an ominous premonition- which was proven correct as the vet brought the hammer down hard on Wolfos' bad leg. The beast yelped loudly, drowning out the sickening cracking sound Autumn would have heard otherwise.

"What are you doing?!"

"Breaking his leg again so that it can regrow properly. Here, boy." He set the jar to Wolfos's muzzle and forced it to drink down the contents. After the first gulp or so, the beast calmed down considerably, and he downed the jar without too much trouble. Setting his tools back behind the stall, he then picked up the leg again and felt it. "See? Much better." Autumn hurried to feel as well. It... did feel better. When she let go and Wolfos set it down, he seemed less pained, too. He didn't bend through his knee to deal with the pain, and wagged his tail.

"It'll take him a few days, a week or so at most, to learn how to use it again. Just keep him walking, and he should be fine." The vet smiled as Wolfos jumped off the stall, landing normally and without falling forwards. "Check-up is free. Gonna charge you some for the Red Potion though." Autumn absently forked over the rupees he asked for -she'd taken them from the people from whom she'd heard about the festival in the first place, so she didn't really care- as she looked at Wolfos. He was jumping around and generally testing his leg, and refused to calm down even as she walked away from the stall.

A few days to learn to use that leg again? More like a few seconds...