[SOLO] Stray Fairies in the Plaza Fountain

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Blonde Panther, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Kiran's feet resonated uncomfortably loudly on the pavement as he ran across Castle Town. Once again, he had lost Lowen somewhere- that rabbit just pandered off whenever it liked! He couldn't call out, either- the entire town was asleep, and he didn't want to draw attention to himself by waking anyone up.

A stiff wind came up, rustling something nearby. Kiran jolted, not knowing the sound bushes made when rustled by wind, but was assured when he ran his hand over the source of the noise and concluded that it wasn't harmful. However, as he did so, he suddenly heard a high-pitched squeal. "Please help me," it said, "I've gotten separated from my friends!"

Kiran hesitated. If he helped this person or creature, or whatever it was, Lowen would gain even more on him. But how could he feasibly leave a lost soul to their fate? He swallowed. "Do you think you might know where they are?" he asked, extending his hands towards it. Immediately, he felt a certain warmth wash over him.

"We came from a fountain," the squeaky voice said, "So maybe they've fled to one to wait for me! Do you know a fountain in town?"

...he did, actually. He might not have been able to see, but he knew what running water sounded like. There was a big fountain at the plaza, near Hyrule Castle Town's shopping district. "I think I do. Follow me!"

He found the fountain on hearing alone, the late hour making the trip a lot easier by keeping him from bumping into people. Within a few minutes, he heard the loudly running water of the plaza fountain, and the creature he had been leading squealed loudly. "Yes! There they are!" The warmth left him momentarily, and Kiran assumed the critter had rejoined its friends. He turned around, wondering how far off-track he had gone in finding Lowen and if maybe the rabbit was hiding under the bushes.

Then, he heard a woman's sigh behind him and turned around. "Thank you, child," a woman's voice said. "I know it must have been hard for you to decide to help me, instead of looking for your friend. I will reward you." For a moment, nothing happened, but then the voice resonated again. "I believe you were looking for this." Kiran hesitantly extended his arms, although he became more greedy when he felt a pluck of Lowen's fur. Lowen! It was really the rabbit, there was no mistaking it! This woman gave him back!

"T-thank you!" he said, but no response came. Apparently, the woman had already left. What had that been all about? ...hey. Wait a second. "What's that you have there, Lowen?" He felt something uncanny on the ear of the rabbit and untied it. A silk ribbon? He might have to ask Garvan about it. It was probably innocent- a little present from the woman at most, but he did want to know.

Kiran Pacem: -100 Rupees.
    Blonde Panther's account: +Racial License {Great Fairy}.