[Solo] Grocery Shopping

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by WillowtheWhisp, Nov 25, 2013.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Boris looked at the daunting marketplace, unsure of where to begin, or if he should even be here in the first place. It was a vast gathering, bustling with life, and so busy in fact that he was afraid he might get lost. But he had to stay brave. Gathering his courage, he pushed into the crowd, making his way towards the stall. He'd never been there before, but the directions he'd been given were decent enough. After about a half an hour of pushing and heaving, he finally reached his destination.

He was both happy and sad to see the business scrub. This was going to be rather embarrassing, as most deku had already learned to spit out deku nuts by his age, if not far earlier. Shuffling up awkwardly to the empty stall, he coughed awkwardly.

"Hello? My name is Boris, and I need to buy some things... And some help."

The scrub opened sleepy eyes, raising an eyebrow. "If you have rupees, and I can provide either."

Boris pulled out a sack of the small gems, all that he had at the moment. He did not make much, especially since he tended to not charge for his services. Well, hopefully it would be worth it.

"Well... I'd like to purchase a bag of Ember Seeds, one of Magic Beans... and some help with uhm, producing deku nuts." He practically whispered out that last part. The large business scrub was up in a flurry, moving faster than Boris thought possible. Two bags magically found their way in front of Boris' face, and lasty a Deku Nut with strange engravings upon it.

"Money first."

Boris held the sac out nervously, but the scrub snatched it from his hands before he could have second thoughts. Peering into the dark bag with a discerning eye, he grunted with apparent satisfaction, before ramming the deku nut into Boris' snout.

The poor scrub fell back in surprise, landing upon his rear. He clawed at his snout, trying to remove the blasted seed, but the more he struggled, the more it seemed to lodge itself in its throat. He flailed about at the discomfort of having a foreign object stuck down his mouth tube. Finally, though, the pain ended, and he swallowed hard, the nut finally leaving him in peace.

And strangely enough, he knew that he could now produce Deku Nuts. He did not know why, or how, but he could. Must be magic. He thought in wonder, in awe of whatever strange workings had been used on him. Collecting his new belongings, he muttered his thanks, before leaving the odd salesman to his curious shop.

(65 rupees spent on an Ember Seed Supply, a Magic Bean Supply, and a Deku Nut Supply. This puts Boris at 0 Rupees)
    Guy likes this.