Skold Fallius: The Burn-out armorer

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Razgriz, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Name: Skold Fallius

Race: Goron

Place of Origin: Nabooru Resident

PWC: 3/3/2

Treasures: Stone Skin
    Goron Punch
    Lvl. 3 Outfitter

Rupees: 0

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 620 lbs.

Equipment: Armour-smith's tools, well-made steel armour, two steel maces, set of throwing knives, common clothing, pipe with phosphorus, sulfur and lithium.

Appearance: Skold is an odd looking Goron, likely due in part to his "hobbies"; his skin is far more metallic than most other Gorons having a little over half of it a shiny black similar to opaque obsidian with streaks of bright blue and red running through it. He is about as tall as the average Goron, but a little thinner, as he lacks the normal stone deposits in most Gorons. But makes up for this with slightly more muscle, due to his choice of careers. His face is almost unremarkable having a few soft features for a Goron and usually displaying a calm, indifferent expression regardless of what he's doing or where he is.

Personality: His personality hasn't changed too much since he left his family, he's still very much indifferent to the cosmic battle between good and evil and while he will act to help those he likes, its actually very hard to tell what he thinks of you. His quiet nature helps this little and he answers questions very bluntly, or if you've annoyed him, in an obtuse metaphor or odd riddle. He makes almost no effort to make or hold any sort of conversation. Many think him short sighted as Skold doesn't have any savings or safety net to fall back on; has no plans, at least to anyone's knowledge and often spends exorbitant sums of rupees on impulsive buys or supporting his addiction. Indeed his personality reflects one that has been chewed up and spit out by society; with his one hold on sanity ironically pulling him farther from reality.

Residence: Small room in above another smith's forge in HCT

Pet: none, that would be too much commitment for nothing

Background: Born as the youngest child in the powerful Fallius family, he was brought up as any other well-off Goron would be: taught languages, science, manners, music and the like. However he also realized very quickly that as the youngest he would be left none of the estate once his parents passed and thus began using hard drugs like sulfur, phosphorus, lithium and others from a young age. Slowly, he began to use the drugs more frequently and more intensely until not only had he built up a large tolerance to them, but was also on the verge of burning out.

On the eve of his 19th birthday he overheard his parents planning to send him to the military; he then decided the time had come to leave, that night he simply walked out of what he once called home, never to return. Skold had little of value on him and not much of a way to survive; but he did have one thing that noone could take from him, the blood of the ancient blade-smith.

Using that reputation he managed to find an apprentice position under a respected smith in HCT who was willing to use the boy's name to sell more gear. After learning the basics of metalworking, Skold made one final spiteful choice against his family; he choose to specialize in armour, not the blades their ancestor had become legendary for. Eventually, even though he has become known as an burnt-out addict, and is still technically an apprentice, his armour has made something of a reputation for itself in HCT for its quality and the name associated with it. In fact, many are willing to pay top rupee for his finest pieces.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I like how his addictions impacted his appearance. It's a nice touch. The other Gorons must recognize and shun him for his obvious overuse of hard drugs, ya? You must be looking forward to writing the affects of drugs on the Goron psyche, as well as his fellows ostracising him and his boss breathing down his neck.

As for your note on Materials; the ability to mix them together is of the main bonuses of the Craftsman profession. However, as Guy said, if NPCs are allowed to mix materials it would undermine the profession, and therefore it is not allowed. So, yes; there is a rule about that.

If you're interested in improving the sheet, you should consider proof-reading it of grammatical errors.
    Please bear in mind that "Armorer" is one of the alternate names of the "Crafting, General" profession, and if you mean for him to have the "Crafting, Specific" profession you should prolly call it something different.

Hmmm... the issue here is the whole "Goron noble families living in manors in Nabooro" thing. While they do live in comfort, when put alongside their brethren in the HCT slums, I don't know if putting them on the level of aristocrats is quite right. I'm leaving the call to Toko; he's a lot better about setting stuff than I am. Toko, you have the floor.
  3. Razgriz

Alright, I'll change the "armourer" to "armour-smith" and proof-read.

As for the manor, I'll change it if I have to but if its ok I'm leaving it as is.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I'm sorry Raz, but this doesn't fit in with the setting. Gorons in this setting are not the type to have Nobility or super sophisticated things such as estates and politics, philosophy, etc... Gorons are more tribal, and they don't really have classes of citizenship. They see one another as brothers and the like. This character would fit more as a Hylian than a Goron.

You may ask, "well what about the Patriarchs and Elders and the like?" Thats a good question, and the answer for it is that they are considered the leadership of the Gorons much like a chief and the shaman would in a native american society.

I'm sorry but this character does not fit. As it stands, it is denied.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

It looks good now. However, I'd ask one more minor alteration. Instead of the word "noble", can you change it to something like "high standing" or "well off" or something else that means a similar thing? I know what you are trying to mean by it, however it haves certain connotations of things that are not quite fitting. I think I remember saying they could be wealthy just not nobles. After that, its good for me. I'll leave it up to Quill to finish this off since he started it.
  6. Razgriz

The last alterations have been made
  7. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Well, like I said earlier, I like this. The whole Goro-drug thing sounds interesting to RP, and I know that you've got a good RP lined up for him. Thanks for your patience with that, by the way. I wasn't mad, don't worry XD

Alright, this looks good. Consider this...

Accepted
  8. Razgriz

Lvl. 3 armorer was changed to Lvl. 3 Blacksmith, to account for the change in rules.