Saving Grace [Kiru + Doc Genz]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Kiru, May 24, 2016.

1. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

Utter silence... Not a single sound whispered in the lingering air of the dark forest. No birds, no insects, not even the wind dared to make a move in the shaded wood. Then, out of the void, a soft tune fell upon the air. It was short, but kept repeating. It was the sound of a the Ocarina. A popular instrument used by many for both entertainment, and to provide help with magical services. The tune continued to get louder and louder as it obviously drew closer. Then, it fell silent. A few seconds passed as it seemed the trees were holding their breath to pass the eerie sound void.

"Ohhh... So, someone is near?" A young, somewhat high pitched voice said to the nothingness around them. It was obviously the voice of a child, and a little girl at that. Then it giggled. "Hehehe... Did my friends find their way out so soon? No, no... That can't be it... I sense..." She fell quiet again. She then finally stepped out into the light from a small patch of sun above the expansive sea of trees. It revealed a rather short Kokiri with pale skin, white hair, and red eyes... She wore all purple, and held a small purple ocarina in her hands. She grinned, staring up at the sky. "I don't know these ones... Do they like games?" She inquired to the silent blue above her. She stared at it for another moment, before her expression grew annoyed. She crossed her arms and looked away. "Ugh, you can be such a bother! It was a simple question. You're so rude!" She said to seemingly no one. She was all alone, but her mind liked to play the illusion of false company.

"Fine! I'll go see if they want to play a game. How does this sound?" The Kokiri stood for a moment, with her eyes closed. Suddenly, the shot open again, looking like an innocent puppy. Her mouth grew small, and it quivered slightly as small tears forced themselves from her eyes. She dropped the Ocarina on the forest floor and clasped both her hands together. She got into a begging position on her knees and pretended to plead to an imaginary accomplice. "Please, you must help me find my friends! We were wandering and then I turned and they were gone! Just like that! Poof! Out of thin- heh, thin air heh heh." She couldn't stop from giggling. Her act was completely interrupted by her strong urge to burst out laughing. "Hee Hee Hee!" She grabbed her stomach to stop herself from falling over in her kneeling position. "Heh, honestly I don't know how people can do that kinda thing with a straight face." She told the air as she calmed herself before standing up. She picked up her ocarina and wiped off the dirt. "Nonetheless, I can keep it up for a while... Until it's too late for my new friends to find out otherwise..." She grinned. The girl then slowly meandered her way back into the wood, until her body faded into the blackness...
    Sinistrari likes this.
  2. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "'Zola 'zola 'zola 'zola
    'rella 'rella 'rella 'rella~" sang a deep, cheery voice.

Tom the Yeti was strolling through the woods on his knuckles. He was coming to Kokiri Forest to find the fabled Deku Wood Smoked Cheddar. Flavored with the Deku Tree's own magical branches, the cheese would be a favored addition to Tom's collection. Something however, was amiss. He wasn't all so deep into the woods when he saw something odd. Tied up and leaning against a tree looked to be a bundle of ropes. He worked his way around to the other side of the trunk to see what it was.

What he found was odd, and potentially disturbing. There was a girl bound in the ropes, wearing a yellow sundress and possibly knocked out. Tom drew in close and found that she was snoring. It looked like she was actually only sleeping. Concerned by the ropes, Tom lifted the bundle up onto his back and started to carry the girl into the woods. If this was a Kokiri, she was probably lost from home and needed to get back. Proud of himself, Tom carried on into the increasingly darkening woods. The wide-eyed Yeti would soon find himself collecting something other than cheese.

It wasn't long until the Yeti singing about cheese would stumble upon an odd string of sounds coming from the thickets. Was that the sound of a flute?
  3. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

The Kokiri found herself slowly playing her ocarina while sitting on a stone about twice her size. Her face was held low as small tears streamed from her eyes. The tune she played was soft, slow, and rather sad. Between her breaths she sobbed silently. Her purple hat was placed on the ground in front of her so her white hair hung over her face to hide the girl's apparent insecure nature.

"Why Glyph? Where oh where did my friends go?" She whispered to herself before slowly putting the ocarina down beside her. She sniffed and rubbed her nose. That's when she heard the clumsy footsteps of a larger creature nearby. Her head perked up, her red eyes displaying a sense of fear. The girl quickly grabbed her hat and Ocarina and hid behind the rock. She crouched and faced the opposite direction, bracing for whatever monster was coming for her.
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  4. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tom hurried over to where he heard the flute noises, entirely curious of what it might be. As soon as he could spot the figure making the sounds, they vanished behind a rock before he could get a good look. Tom scratched his bulbous head with his free arm. There sure was a lot of non-Yeti types around here. It made him curious, but more importantly it made him let his guard down.

Tom hobbled over on one of his knuckles. The other stirring was Kokiri visibly over his shoulder. While his large, imposing form was a bit frightening, he very naively continued forward without considering he might be attacked. Tom arched over, now close to the stone. He placed down the yellow-clad Kokiri right near the stone for the other.

"Hello, creature. I am Tom. I found one of your friends in the forest. I am looking for a special kind of cheese." he responded to the sound, albeit late and his subject behind the stone. He knew she was there, the instrument made that much clear to him.

The other Kokiri began to drool as she shakily started to regain consciousness. Something flickered on her arms, but Tom wasn't paying attention.
  5. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

The girl continued to cover her ears and face the ground, seemingly unaware of the Yeti's sudden appearance in the first place. That's when she felt the ground beside her vibrate, and her crimson colored eyes took a look. There was another Kokiri, one she had never seen before... Her eyes quickly scanned her before looking up at the large shadow that had been cast over the rock.

They widened as she spotted the large figure, and she slowly backed up. "T-Tom?" She whispered quietly. It had a name? She listened to what he had to say, still a terrified expression on her face. All the while she gripped the purple hat tighter and held it over her chest. "You found my friend?" She inquired looking over to the other Kokiri. Definitely no one she had seen before. That's when she noticed something start to flicker on her arm, and that peaked her interest slightly. "Oh..?" She said again, but this time her voice sounded more relaxed. She turned again to the Yeti, as tears started to flow down again.

"P-please mister! You must help me! I was wandering with more of my friends, but we got deeper into the forest an- and." She began to sniffle loudly the Kokiri wiped her eyes. "They're gone! They must have gotten lost!" She looked up at him with needy eyes. Any fear of him seemed to vanish at the thought of her missing companions.
  6. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    Tom's eye brightened up a bit more. He felt like it was a time to be rescuing a good many of these Kokiri creatures. He wanted to calm her down like his own parents used to do for him.

"Tom will make it all okay. I know where the village is, according to the rare cheese map I had. What is your name if Tom might ask?" he assured the hatted Kokiri in front of him.

There was an awkward pause, as they both were thinking about the situation. Something seemed to move in Tom's peripheral vision. The girl in yellow had finally awoken and stood up.

"Nuhhh. . . huh? Where am I? Was all that stuff that happened to me just a dream?" she groaned, considerably moved by what had taken place before she was left bound next to a tree.

Tom turned slightly, still waiting for the other Kokiri's name. But he was also now hypnotized by the unnerving small fires starting about where Eve's arms were supposed to be. If she was treating this as normal, he halfheartedly wanted to ignore it. Whatever odd power she had could be useful in cooking, which he was all about.
  7. Kiru

Kiru New Member new

The Kokiri continued to sniffle as she eyed the Yeti, then he asked the girl for her name. "I-I'm C-Cyn." She whimpered through the tears. However, before she could continue telling the Yeti her situation, the other girl seemed to be stirring. She carefully watched the Kokiri as she stood up, and seemed disorientated. She continued to sniffle, but had calmed down slightly at the sight of her arm. She tilted her head, and then shifted her focus to the girl's face again.

"I- I don't think I know this girl..." Cyn said, her crimson eyes observing her closely. It was true. Despite her act, Cyn had never seen this Kokiri in the forest before. She had no idea why she was alone, and how the Yeti found her in the first place. Most of all, her arm displayed a power she couldn't recognize either. She quickly shook the thought however and continued her act. "Miss..? Y-Your arm..." Cyn put flatly, staring at it intently.
  8. Doc Genz

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    "Oh this?" Eve gestured. "That's a condition I have, pretty recent but trust me it's supposed to be like that." she finished, confirming Tom's suspicions.

The Yeti looked back to the white-haired Kokiri. He didn't know how deep he'd gotten himself, and he spoke up again.

"You can just lead me to where you think they are! I have myself some tricks what can help us find them." his whimsical voice sang. Evelyn looked up at him, then back at Cyn, then back up at him. It wasn't much use looking around at them with a blindfold on, but Eve would rather play it up for dramatic effect. Tom scratched the back of his head. He was also bluffing, since he didn't have much more on him than some wrenches and a Superpusher. The most he'd be able to do was climb trees and break open traps to help search. Eve crookedly yawned.

"I guess the big hairy thing is right." she started, spending no time at all before disrespecting him. "Let's try our luck looking around for these friends of yours. I've been around enough Kokiri lately to fill a barn."