Sand, Sand, and Giant Deathworms [Sunwell]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Cataphractoi, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Cataphractoi

Cataphractoi Nanase is rebooting reg

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Tessa glanced back at the worm, which seemed busy devouring the tower still. That was nice. Hopefully it wouldn't, ah, notice they were no longer in it? She still couldn't think of any way to kill the stupid thing. Their best bet was probably to just avoid it until they figured out how to close the portals.

Got it. Just, uh, maybe don't use the violin anymore? The words were silent, sent directly to Spaghet's mind. It wasn't an ability Tessa used often, but she really didn't feel like talking and sprinting at the same time. She changed directions, angling her path towards the indicated dunes even as she prayed to the Goddesses that worm hadn't heard Spaghet's yelling.

That would only be a temporary measure, though. A ditch was basically the last place to hide from a giant, burrowing worm. Then again...hiding way above ground hadn't been terribly helpful either. Running seemed to be working, though. Maybe they could just keeping doing that? Forever? Not the best plan, but better than nothing.

As she crested each dune, Tessa used her boots to just slide down the other side for added speed, and then...didn't spot the hole in time, skidded over the top for a moment, and fell, bouncing off the far wall before plummeting to the ground. She landed hard on her butt, jolting her just enough to forestall any attempts at talking for a few moments as she recovered. Sand cascaded down after her, covering her in a light coating of earth.

"Ow...no one saw that right? No, everyone saw that. Usually a safe assumption. Now where are we?" Tessa stood, addressing the question as much to Wiki as to herself as she examined their surroundings. It wasn't just a hole- they seemed to be in a ruined sub-basement, or perhaps a ground level room which had been buried in sand. A portion of the roof had evidently collapsed, judging by the pile of sand around the hole, mixed in with broken fragments of stone. The room they were in was empty, making it difficult to tell what sort of structure the building had once been.

"Don't suppose you've already checked the place out and no exactly what it is?"
  2. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

“I told you not to bring any deadweight,” Wiki hissed at Spaghet whilst glaring at Tessa. Augh, Hylians. They made situations just so much more unbearable. She shook her head, not as a response to Tessa’s question but because she was just so disgusted at the situation. She snapped her fingers at Spaghet. “Did you at least make yourself useful and bring what I asked?”

Spaghet sighed as he began to make his way towards Wiki. He glanced at Tessa apologetically as he fumbled around in his pocket. Wiki kept her eyes on him as he walked, ignoring the Hylian entirely. She wanted nothing to do with her, at least not yet.

“Why do you always have to be so abrasive?” Spaghet sighed, finally fishing out what he was looking for. In his claw was a small box. He opened it just as he reached Wiki, the Deku quick to investigate what was in his hand. She put her hands on her hips as she looked up at him.

“Well?!” She said, expecting something. The moblin sighed, taking out one of the earings in the box. He began to maneuver the Scrub’s leaves around, looking for a piece of bark as he did so.

“Miss Smith, this is Wikitoria Levett, Wiki, this is—“

“And Wiki is the only thing you will be addressing me by,” the Scrub hissed, not out of the pain of the earring’s sharp point going into her bark but because Spaghet dared to use her full name. What a pain. She really did hate it, why did he have to bring it up?

“If I had it my way, you wouldn’t be here, you pale little fleshling,” Wiki spat. Spaghet finally finished punching in the other earring. He wasn’t kind when he had shoved in the needle, and frankly he wasn’t trying to be.

“Wiki, please,” Spaghet sighed. He was happy she wasn’t at risk of catching on fire from the stray ember from a giant worm. However, he wasn’t excited about the prospect of having her spout her xenophobic rhetoric at a perfectly fine woman. Especially since this person had just saved him. “Could you be decent for once?” He glanced over towards Tessa, a pleading look in his eye. “Please don’t mind her, she really is a rather…” Looking down at his companion, he frankly couldn’t find a way to describe her in a favorable light. At least not now, after… well, all of that (and what she had been putting him through lately).

“I’ll tolerate her, for now,” Wiki grumbled. “Smith was it? I don’t care what your first name is. After this is over, don’t ever talk to me or my courtier ever again. And you—“ she glared at Spaghet, her new earrings clinking against her bark slightly. “Don’t you dare get any ideas. At all. None.” Spaghet’s lip immediately curled in disgust.

“… the only idea I have is to get out of here,” he snapped. He glanced towards Tessa again. “Miss Tessa, thank you again for saving me,” His shoulders slumped slightly, now feeling the adrenaline from the previous encounter begin to drain from his body. “Please ignore my client. I mean that in all meanings of the word. She’s really not supposed to be here…” Frankly, he thought none of them were supposed to be here, but that was beside the point.