Salutation

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by KingunderDeathMountain, Jul 27, 2017.

1. KingunderDeathMountain

KingunderDeathMountain King of Melted Stone new

*Bows respectfully*

Greetings and Salutations, denezeins of Hyrule. I hope I'm not intruding, but I was looking around the internet looking for a good RPing forum and stumbled on this little gem. You certainly have a community of good and creative writers here, and I hope I can make some small contribution and make an enjoyable experience for both you and myself.

While you might not have any reason to believe me until you see a sample of my work, I do consider myself a good RPer with several years of experience and a lifelong fan of the Legend of Zelda franchise. However, I do have one question since the guide to library and some of the other posts I read to prepare for signing up seeem to convey contrary information. For my first character, is it required that I take one of the pre-fabricated backgrounds for my race, or is it only highly recommended with some room for tweaking? I only ask because the answer is going affect which of my two character ideas I'll be starting off with.

-Thank you for your time,
    KingunderDeathMountain
  2. AsheKryssaean

AsheKryssaean Senior Amateur new

Rupees:
    40 (Patience) 5 (Feru) 5 (Alicia) 5 (Owl) 0 (Oryn)
    Welcome, I hope you stay for a while ^_^ Things can be slow sometimes but that's true of any place, I suppose. I am not any kind of admin or mod myself so I can't really answer your question... Truth be told I'm still pretty new here myself. At least that's how I perceive things, my few months here compared to others years.

Anyway, what I can offer you is a warm welcome, my innane chatter, and if you need someone to RP with just let me know. I have not been around as much as I used to be so my posting may be pretty slow but my love for both Zelda and RP is enduring. I'll be around :3
  3. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Greetings, and welcome to Hyrule Castle! I look forwards to seeing what you write!

And on your question, they are more or less examples. Easy places for newbies to make characters, if they think they will struggle. If you feel like you are perfectly capable of writing a character on your own, without using one of the prefabricated backgrounds, go for it. I personally started with one of the backgrounds, but I'm aware that not everybody did. Just remember to be have fun, and enjoy writing good characters. That's all that matters! Hope you have a pleasant day!