RP in Castle Town

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by monkeyislandfan1, Sep 7, 2016.

1. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

Hey I've been wanting to start a new RP while I wait for the threads I'm in to make a new post, and was wanting the next one to be in Castle town, I'm wondering if anyone wants to join me?
  2. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

I'll join. Not like I've got much of anything going on here at the moment.

So what were you thinking of?
  3. monkeyislandfan1

Well for my character I was going to have him get a apartment or something where he would go to rest after a adventure, a weapon to defend himself, maybe meet some new people and get an idea as to where he can find some clues about his parents, I'm open for anything else happening in addition.
  4. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

So, uh, why not have him buy, for example, a piece of land, on which to build a house? Or go the cheaper route and have him find lodging in an inn?

I'm having a difficult time trying to think of apartment complexes in any sort of fantasy setting, so forgive me if I'm a bit flustered.
  5. monkeyislandfan1

yeah when i posted that I realized after i got to bed that 'apartment' sounded kind of dumb in a fantasy setting, so instead just get a room at a inn since he doesn't have much money.
  6. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Monkey, I think you're missing the point of what KoG is saying. While getting a living space (either renting a room at a tavern constantly or what have you) could be the reward of an RP, it would take some real creativity to make looking for a place to live into an enjoyable RP.

That being said, I'm looking for an RP now, so if you've come up with a plan or even an outline, I may join (if it's alright with you of course).
  7. monkeyislandfan1

Okay yeah I see now, after some thought I came up with something, he gets the deed to his parents house but before he dose he needs to catch a thief that has been steeling from the town recently, he's given some info about when the thefts happen and then has to figure out the rest. With this RP I think I'd want it to be limited to 3 or 4 people, if anyone has any other ideas let me know.
  8. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Hm. A thief, eh? Sounds like a plan to me. Sign Callad up.
  9. monkeyislandfan1

Alright I'm going to start this RP tomorrow around noon I will accept at most 4 more people, so if you want in post here before 12 PM to let me know.
  10. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

I'm still in, Ven seems to be the best fit here so I'll be using her. Unless there are any complaints?
  11. monkeyislandfan1

Nah that's fine I don't have any complaints with what characters are used.
  12. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

I'm still in. Sir Callad Bolge is ready to face any challenge.
  13. monkeyislandfan1

Alright there's going to be a bit of an extension on the deadline, I have somewhere I need to go to today and it'll take me maybe 1 to 2 hours to get back so if anyone else wants in now's your chance, I'll start a thread after I get back.
  14. monkeyislandfan1

15. monkeyislandfan1

Hey before anyone posts, can you give me a bit of time to ask a moderator if i could make a new thread with a much better name for it?
  16. monkeyislandfan1

17. monkeyislandfan1

Hey Razgraz, Knight of G said to skip his turn since his character isn't a part of the conversation.