Replaying Link's Awakening

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by darklink28, Sep 18, 2013.

1. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I'm replaying Link's Awakening for the first time in years, and I'm realizing...man, this game is kind of like the original "Majora's Mask" in a way...at least, in terms of story. It's a much more personal journey, takes place outside of Hyrule, kind of dark themes, etc. It's really quite a beautiful game. I never played the DX version, as I had it when it came out on the original Gameboy. It really is something special. Everyone says that Majora's story is what set it apart, but I feel so many people forgot about LA. I think the NPC's are memorable, there's a really good trading sidequest which gives you an awesome reward (you can use it to get the boomerang). It has 8 dungeons and is a pretty complete game. It retains the sense of adventure from ALttP. It's kind of sad at the end too. The idea for back then was pretty unique, as far as the story goes. Especially in the Zelda series.

This year is actually the game's 20th anniversary. I'm replaying this, then going onto the Oracle games...eventually. lol.
    Bitoko likes this.