Pure Metals

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Cloud, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Credits to Genzo and myself.

These metals cannot be combined with anything else, except via Master Ore. They, however, can be combined with each other.

Crimsonine
    Basically, physically strike a metal with this material, and it gets too hot too hold-- even through Dodongo Hide. (Actually, probably not through Dodongo Hide. Maybe?)
    Azurine
    What you're supposed to do with this material is basically 'taunt' your opponent with it. Has the potential to be very OP, but if you overstressed on how mad your opponents were getting, the staff (Guy, Squish, and myself) would hit you with a 'lolno'.

Taunt to increase cutting power.
    Aquanine
    Basically, a forcefield surrounds the weapon and then violently explodes. Think like, five bombs (half a powder keg in force) force. It effects everyone except the user.

We're posting this thread as a way to get more involved with the community, so please read and respond to what I've posted.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. AsheKryssaean

AsheKryssaean Senior Amateur new

Rupees:
    40 (Patience) 5 (Feru) 5 (Alicia) 5 (Owl) 0 (Oryn)
    Well a weapon of crimsonine will murder targets in metal armor I imagine. Cook them alive in their own suits... brutal. Could armor be made of crimsonine? Or aquanine? Pretty effective as armor materials. Azurine is a little odd to me. Seems like it would also have less applications than the other two. I do like them all and would fear any opponent coming at me with this stuff.
  3. Doc Genz

Doc Genz frozen again Moderator

3DS Friend Code:
    4081-5508-8152
    The enemy's armor is not a weapon so the armor will not heat up. We're looking at the difference between weapons and armor being different as in weaponsmith /outfitter, as different as night and day in this case. These are also very brief explanations of what they are, and I informed cloud that we should probably make full sheets before we asked for approval of any kind.

In which case, making armor out of these metals used for martial weaponry is also not allowed. At least if you used them for armor they would not exhibit any effects. I would also say that because of the usability of the forcefield on the aquanine, it maybe wouldn't be as strong as five entire bombs when it unraveled itself in a blast. Or maybe it would? Making the metals powerful is pretty important still because we are stacking restrictions and price onto them, and trying to make them desirable. I myself would probably cap the finisher blast around three full bombs, but if Cloud doesn't think so I will let him overrule me, since we're designing these with equal say.

Finally I will mention that Crimsonine probably shouldn't work through Dodongo Hide, or force a weapon out of the hand of someone who used Gripskin to craft their weapon. It would hurt like hell but the Gripskin would allow someone with high mental strength/fortitude to maintain a handle on the weapon. A Goron for example would maintain grip pretty easily using Gripskin. I'd like anyone with alternate suggestions on use for weapons to speak up, because like I mentioned this will not be used in other types of crafting.
    Cloud likes this.