PF(Novice) Thread - Burnt Offerings

Discussion in 'Sandbox Role Plays' started by Chi, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Rael shrugged when Jacob turned around to the other man, and followed Sylisa to the next game.

"I won't be able to keep up with you if you keep running around, you know." He said with a friendly smile.
  2. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

Tara and the children tried their best to get their dragons to move, some having far better luck then others. Tara noticeably got her dragon to move about 15 feet before he refused to listen to her and even turned back and walked a few inches. Most of the kids seem to be having similar trouble but the man with the red dragon seems to having an extremely easy time of it, having gotten the dragon nearly to the finish line.

"Hm? Name's Daverin, wadya want?"

You find your ways towards the beach, the sun hanging lazily in the morning sky. It seems to be an archery range with a few people trying to fire arrows at two boards shaped in a silhouette of a horse with large bat-like wings and serpentine tail bucking. It's a copper to play, you get to fire two shots to try and hit the bullseye using the longbows provided.

( You do not take a range penalty, but if you are not proficient with a longbow, you will take a -4 penalty to hit)
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Name's Jacob. Susan's boy. Ma mother passed 'bout a week ago an' told me ta find ya. Somethin' 'bout a promise and a group o' Goblins." Jacob digs around in his pocket before pulling out a piece of parchment that was folded up. He offers it to Daverin. "Also told me ta give ya this."
  4. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Syl flips a coin to the man and picks up the longbow, looking at it awkwardly. She'd used a bow before, sure, but never one this large. Still she was up for the challenge, she notched an arrow, took a stance and lined up the shot.

Rolls: 19+3(ranged attack)-4(non-proficiency)=18
    13+3-4=12
  5. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    1. 9 + 3 = 11
    2. 16 + 3 = 19
    3. 18 +3 = 21

Tara's lizard seemed to be cooperating quite well, until it turned itself around. Clearly this lizard didn't want to win the race. She kept urging it to go forwards, she couldn't let herself lose. Mainly because kids were playing, and it would be embarrassing if they all beat her.
  6. Squishy

After paying the game's owner a copperpiece, Rael picked up the longbow, and tested it's weight in his hands, before notching an arrow and taking aim at the target.

14+4-4= 14
    13+4-4= 13
  7. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

No matter how hard you try, you only get the lizard to move forward 5 more feet, as several others cross the finish line, the winner going to a young boy who had chosen the green lizard.

Rael lands both of his shots in the two outermost rings of the target circle in the silhouette, as Syl lands one of her shots just on the rim of the innermost circle and her second sadly goes off and hit in the outermost ring. Syl got a small butterfly shaped cookie for her close call.

Daverin raises an eyebrow before unfolding the piece of paper and staring at it. "See me after the festival's over boy, I got something I've got to give ya."
  8. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    "Darn blue 'dragon'! Your supposed to be lucky!" She says jokingly. She stands up and hands the 'dragon' back the the game owner. "I wonder where the rest of the group went?" She asked herself.
  9. Razgriz

Syl glares menacingly at the target for a few seconds, as if promising to beat it later.

Nibbling her cookie, Syl turns to Rael and says "Food next? or did you want to try another game?"
  10. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Tara notices Syl and Rael over at a game that looked like an archery range. "That looks like fun." She says to herself as she walks over there. "Hey guys." She waves at them and lays down a copper piece to play.

(-1 copper piece)
    1. 4 + 1- 4 = 1
    2. 16 + 1 - 4 = 13
  11. Squishy

"Hmm, well, we can simply head over to the next game and get some food on our way if you want to?" Rael said, absentmindedly twisting his hairpin.

As Tara approached them, he waved back.

"Or we can wait for our companion to finish, if she wants to join us."
  12. Razgriz

"Hmmm... Ok" mused Syl, nibbling on a cookie and watching Tara shoot.

"What's with the butterflies though?"
  13. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Yes sir." Jacob nods slightly before looking around to find his companions. He walks over to see Tara trying her luck at archery and Rael and Sly talking near by. A small chuckle leaves Jacob as he notices Tara trying to use the bow. "It's kinda funny noticin' tha small things about someone usin' a bow. Then again I was trained wit one hard."