Personify in Landscape the Quintessential Essence of Depression

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Guy, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"...Huh." Guy sighed, crossing his arms, and looking around the infinite abyss that surrounded them. This dimension, this fragment--whatever it was--was beyond the description he heard just minutes before. He shuddered slightly, announcing to the men beside him, "Even the air feels... not even stagnant, but empty. It was as if a goddess decided to personify in landscape the very essence of depression.”

Tent found himself not looking at the landscape, but staring uneasily at Guy. The man’s new obsidian form was so ominously dark—and so similar to the surrounding abyss--that he appeared as little more than a glowing pair of eyes floating above a barely visible pair of trousers. He had yet to ask the man what happened, and Guy had yet to explain it. First he was wood, then he was stone, then he was lava, and now he’s some black crystalline structure. What in Din’s name was wrong with his friend’s physiology. It took considerable effort for him to pry his eyes away from the living enigma, and gaze back into the endlessly mirrored surface of glinting silver.

The ripples of the three adventurers’ legs echoed out together. Far off in the distance, one could see the solitary ripples steadily breaking apart a motionless fluid that seemed so incredibly still Tent would have sworn nothing disturbed them for as long as he had been alive.

Tent calmly raised a gauntlet, lighting it aflame to provide a glimmer of light beneath the dim moonlight. Even to his eyes, this fire seemed somehow dimmer than usual… as if even it was being swallowed in this darkness.

Guy’s body glinted visibly off the crackle of fire, illuminating his jet black form to the others. He nodded at Tent as if to thank him for the added light, then turned up towards Julius. “Even with my nightvision, I can’t see anything for miles… Do you still have that Dowsing Rod the one Hylian bastard gave you?”

Uncrossing his arms, Guy waded quietly through the ankle-deep water in a seemingly random direction. “Without the aid of something like that, we could wander this world for eternity. No sunlight. No food. And according to the bastard, that tower is our only means out of here.”

Mid-stride, Guy slipped a silver flask out of his pouch—a Bottomless Bottle--and took a quick sip of endless wine. There was a slight smile in his voice as he added, “At least we have plenty to drink.” When Navina popped up she would inevitably chastise them for drinking on the job--all the more reason to get a few swigs in. She really missed her calling--she would have made an excellent schoolmarm, Guy thought.

Tent chuckled softly at his drinking buddy, before walking up beside him with an open palm—a palm soon filled with a flask. “Even if none of our Dowsing Rods work, I’m sure Din will guide us." He took a little sip, "Our quest is a noble one.” Reaching upward, Tent offered the flask to Julius.

Meanwhile, a certain insane little black-and-yellow striped Picori had beecome an unwitting, sleeping stowaway in Guy's pouch.
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius accepted the flask from Tent, feeling the warmth of the wine spread through his body. He had taken one sip, and then a few more. There was no telling what might be in here -- he knew he had to stay aware of what was going on around him, especially in some place so alien, but it was... cold. Almost as if the inky blackness of the space surrounding them was leaching the warmth from their bodies.

He didn't want to stick around to see what would happen, because even with the White Hide he wore, he still felt a sense of dread and despair.

"Thanks. We need to stay warm. I'm not sure that either of you have noticed, since you're..." He gestured at their forms. "Obsidian and wood, but this place is almost like it's leaching the heat from our bodies. Anyways, the rod... rods." He pulled the branches from his pouch, and looked into the sky. Black. Almost, at least -- a sliver of light peaked through the darkened skies, obscured by clouds the color of coal. The entire place was... unsettling wasn't the word for it. Unnatural.

"The rods," Julius spoke, reminding himself of their mission here. What even was their mission here?

Then it struck him. They really had no possible leads here. "I," he began, stuttering for a few moments, looking at the rod. "I hate to admit this, but I think we might be stuck without a lead for some time. As I recall, when I was handed these rods, they spoke of it needing to be a literal, concrete object... and not something as abstract as what we seek here."

Julius stowed the rod away, looking at his two compatriots. "Well, I suppose there's no reason for us to not keep moving. Stay on the look out -- we can never be too sure of what we might find here."
  3. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

"Yes, you really never know."

Navina dropped the bundle of cloth unceremoniously down onto the ground. Within a moment it was easy to tell that there was something living and possibly rabid amassed in the black fabric. But no, a moment later the Deku Scrub flipped back her hood. Wiki looked absolutely haggard and it was easy to see that she wasn't in her usual good mood. (( :kermit: ))

"H-HEY, HEY," she screamed before taking a moment to look around the room. She took inventory of who she could see and then noticed the flask. "Oh shit, it's Captain Balls-In-Hand, sharing in some more corruption of the body mind and soul I see? Y'know, not just talking about the shit that's stinking out of your mouthbreathing behind your helmet. And look, it's the Deku who thinks the that any of the Goddesses give a SHIT about Deku Scrubs. Stop kidding yourself bucko. And--" She glared at .. okay that was. She wasn't going to make assumptions about this one right now because what.

"I figured since you wouldn't arrest him, you wouldn't mind her tagging along either," Navina said and shrugged. For someone who absolutely hated criminals she seemed smug about finding this one. Wiki looked back between Navina and who she assumed was Guy. But who knew if it was just another Deku with absolutely no sense of hair aesthetics or fashion sense.

"Either fucking way, I have an alibi, I've been... y'know what I have an alibi let's just put it at that, okay? Alright? Alright, moving on," Wiki said, giving absolutely no one else time to speak. Why would she? "Listen you bitch, how dare you pick me up and hoist me around like that?! I should of had the cuckold put a restraining order on you, you disgusting little cretin. But he's a nice guy, won't even fucking turn you down properly." Navina was going to scream, she was going to do something, but before she could, Wiki grabbed onto her hand and began to wave it around with her own. "Yeah, yeah, hey, HEY! Look at 'Miss Navina' blushing like a fuckin' twelve year old." Navina whipped back her hand and Wiki crossed her arms. Victory. Her obvious social conquest calmed her down a bit and she looked back at who... okay no she was tired of assuming.

"Okay who is this, is this the less impressive Denzrita?" Wiki said. She twitched. Her Pictobox. "I mean, uh, less... impressive because, y'know, marginally impressive." If she had teeth...
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

This place could have been serene, could have been calming, especially with all the twisted chaos going on in Guy's life lately. But no. Not only was holier-than-thou still here, but she someone managed to tag along the ravenous pile of living garbage that is Wikitoria Levett. For a man who stupidly risked his life on practically a daily occasion, even he couldn't believe she was not only still alive but here of all places. Why the fuck was she even here. He didn't even make eye contact with the sopping-wet pile of Deku Scrub, but there was a mocking smirk in his tone. "I know you adore me, Wiki, but really I wouldn't have pegged you for a stalker." Nah, he would not have been surprised in the least. Still, no one here seemed to be her type--except maybe Navina? They were both batshit insane, in their own ways. Crazy attracts crazy, regardless of the flavor.

"Buzz!" There came a tiny voice from Guy's hip, causing the man to jump in sudden alarm--then immediately face palm as he realized who it was and why he was there. A tiny acorn-sized head with two little black antannae popped out of his Adventure Pouch. Buzzari announced in a cheerful tone, "I recognize these voices! Wiki, Julius, Tent, of course Guy, and... mm... Who would you bee, Miss Gerudo Lady?"

"No." Guy's hand immediately plucked the delusion Picori out of his satchel and tossed him into the air--only for him to hover there innocently. He stomped towards Julius, ripped the flask out of his hand, and abruptly begin pouring it down his face while continuing to walk away from the living obscenities that were now stuck with him in this desolate and lonesome land. Even Sienna would have been better than this shitstorm. At least she would probably have killed the others by now. He didn't even want to explain to that bitch he had another sister. "Fuck," he gasped for air, only to swig again, "Fuck no."

With wide eyes, Tent shifted uncomfortably at the accusations of Wiki, and the anger of his friend Guy. He ended up moving towards Julius, glancing at him only with a look of unease, as if trying to ask what he thought to do in this suddenly tense situation. What would Din have him do? Perhaps it was best to let this situation work out itself... for now.

Meanwhile, Buzzari was bumblebusy buzzing towards Navina curiously, as if trying to get a better look at her hidden face. His voice wasp excited and chipper as ever, "By the way, I would be Buzzari the Bee! Buzz. It is a pleasure meeting you, ma'am!"
  5. Saria

"Hey, HEY!" Wiki shouted, closing her eyes and breaking into a rant. She might not have even noticed that Guy was gone. "I adore you as much as you adore your better half. Speaking of, why did you bring him to such a dangerous pla--" Definitely did not notice. "Hey. HEY, I am talkin' to you. Do NOT run away from me. I have about twenty wooden.. Sto...There are bones-made-out-of-something I've to pick with you and I'm choosing to ignore a lot of 'em. So GET BACK HERE!" The Deku shouted as she stormed off after him.

Now that she found this loser she wasn't letting him out of her sights until she had her Pictobox yet. Besides, Wiki wanted to minimize her time with Guy as much as possible. The thought crossed her mind that there was some truth to Guy's words in that she always tended to want things (or people, or places, or power, or PICTOBOXES) she couldn't have until she grew tired of them. Quickly. Unless they refused to give her what she wanted or put up a reistance that she couldn't fight back against. Like being punched in the face. The Denzrita family was becoming .. problematic. Navina let the two criminals wander off before looking back at the small .. bee(?) who addressed her. She blinked, confused for a moment on who this was and their relation to .. Everyone but her. She pursed her lips and looked up at the people who she was currently with. Through her visor she saw two people she lacked information on and one she had enough to make a judgement call on. Slowly she unpursed her lips, not realizing she had been biting them slightly. Anger? Anxiety? Not anything she needed to focus on.

First she needed to address.. She couldn't see them very well to be honest. Judgement would be made on their actions.

"I'm Navina. Why were you in there?" Navina attempted to squint at the creature to get a better look, but honestly she was leaning towards just listening. She needed more information. Right? ... Part of her absolutely believed that Guy had kidnapped this .. Person.

She took out her pen and paper. She was going to try to keep a record of what people said for her sake. She .. hadn't thought of doing it before. In fact she had retrieved said pen and paper from her new side satchel that she had been given as a gift recently. It the small bag was just big enough for a small notebook and the pouch wouldn't flip up if she tied it right on her armor. She could quit that habit of having a small pencil tucked away somewhere under her plate in a dangerous spot. Her plate. Honestly, she had felt like abandoning the heavy armor for more reasons than one lately ..

She glared at Julius. And then Tent. And then back to the person she most wanted to hear from... But she was prepared to take notes on them all if they sloke

Wiki .. Wiki was tired. Really tired. For a multiude of reasons. She had been dealing with a lot recently, mostly the fact she had wound up in the mountains, and then.. here with all of the people she had been trying to avoid for the past couple of months. She was also tired because she was speaking incredibly fast as well as doing her best to catch up.

"Guy, come on. Come on!! Listen you punched me in the face and destroyed one of my greatest assets. That means you have to listen to me for at least .. Like a minute. Just hear me out! Come on! And don't do that jumping thing Din or Nayru or .. Whatever the patron God of this land is I.. I think it's a goat. Whatever who cares literally no one should care the only thing you should care about is me, talking to you! And you paying attention to me. That would be great. Because--" she paused. For a split second there was absolute hesitation in her voice. She wasn't afraid to apologize to get her way, but.. well, she felt like she was past the point of apology with Guy. Eh. She could try anyways. Can't catch enough fish for dinner if you dont use enough bait.

"-- listen listen I'm.. I'm sorry. For .. Okay I'm counting around five or so major things and some minor annoyances that might have been inconvenient but... Come on man. You're.. Uh.. Okay at this point I can't really call you a fellow Scrub. What.. Okay uh. Wow uh." Denzritas. She needed to butter Guy up before she asked for it, but she also needed to know something about her beloved camera. Now.

"... Take any pictures with that Pictobox you kept fro-- for me?"
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy had been wading through ankle-deep water in a beeline away from everyone, only for the person he least wanted to follow him do so, ranting and raving on about something he was did not care to hear. It was Wiki. Who would want to hear anything she had to say, Guy wondered. He immediately pitied that person, then whipped around with a sneer on his face as soon as she mentioned a Pictobox. "Yours? Pictobox?" Pausing for a moment, he added, "I probably still have something like that. I honestly forgot about it if I did."

He assumed she was either blaming him for a crime he didn't commit, or one he forgot about committing. It took him a second to remember exactly what had transpired when they last met. Oh, right, he and Tent were drinking... then Wiki popped up out of nowhere and 'cured' his drunken state with some stupid spell. As Guy recalled, that was part of his motivation to get infinite wine in his pocket--so he could get wasted next time Wiki showed up, black out, and hopefully forget she even came up. Guy slowly raised an eyebrow at her, "Last time we met, how wasted was I? I mean I steal rather often--" He glanced at Navina, who was out of earshot and talking with a bee, "--but I don't know why I would have bothered taking your Pictobox, Wiki. Honestly. This rings no bells for me."

"Nice to meet you, Navina! Buzz!" Buzzari tilted his head slightly at the woman, a curious smile on his face. She certainly seemed distracted by something, but he wasp not sure what that could bee. Instead, he answered her question cheerfully, "Oh, he is my friend Guy! He likes to pretend to bee irritable quite often, but that is okay! He must live a stressful life, buzz... always getting into danger, even more than Buzzari! (That is me!)"

"Oh, he was napping when I found him earlier, so I decided to nap too! His pouch seemed really cozy, so I buzzed in there to curl up. Buzz. He has many things--many big things in that pouch." Buzzari's little hands went up into the air, as if too emphasize the bigness of these items. "I think it must bee some kind of special, magic bag!"

"Anyway!" His tiny smiled face turned away from Navina, and for the first time his eyes wandered over everyone else. Tent he knew, Julius he was sure he met once. The other two arguing over there always like to fight--it must be fun for them, thought Buzzari. His eyes took in the gorgeous night sky, then the flowing water that seemed to stretch forever. This was truly a majestic place, unlike any his eyes had ever beeheld. He exclaimed in a tiny cheerful voice to no one in particular, "This place is beeutiful! ...Where is it?"

Meanwhile, Tent glanced towards Julius, then shuffled off a short distance from the two arguing Scrubs and whatever Navina and Buzzari were doing. He at least was here to settle a massive plight, as he believed Din desired him to do. At the moment, the captain himself seemed most willing to help him achieve that goal. Wordlessly, Tent pulled out the Dowsing Rod he had been given back in Hyrule, while gesturing that Julius should do the same. Grasping it with both hands, he tried intently to concentrate. In his mind's eye, he focused on a structure... a beast... something... the anomaly the warriors were here to vanquish...

...Nothing seemed to happen. Maybe he simply couldn't concentrate due to everyone else talking. Maybe he was not specific enough with his focus. Perhaps someone duped him into taking a worthless stick. Regardless, he failed to feel anything from the implement in his hands, and the disappointed look on his face reflected that. Nonetheless, he clasped the device tighter, and tried again.
  7. Saria

Wiki's body froze up. Every part of her tensed. How could Guy not remember? The fact that he had no recollection of the event injured her pride moreso than the actual punch did. No, he had to remember. Wiki would not accept that she was forgotten. She refused to accept it. Her hands began to shake as she clenched and unclenched her fists, her breathing speeding up and rapidly increasing in intensity. There was no word short of fury that could describe the sort of anger she felt.

"Can't... remember...?" she said, her voice trembling out of anger. She turned away from Guy, waiting a silent moment before erupting into a kicking, screaming mess. She punched the air and kicked up the liquid that she had been stuck standing in for the past who-knew-how-long. She whipped back around towards Guy after her quick temper tantrum. There was no mistaking the rage on her face.

"Y-You're disgusting," Wiki spat, her voice continuing to rise in volume as she spoke. "You break a beautiful woman's snout and steal her Pictobox without even a shred of fuckin' remorse, then claim not to remember it?! The fuck is wrong with you?!" She threw her arms up into the air before kicking up some of the liquid towards Guy. The man was on the top of her list now. If she ever managed to escape this place the other scrub was in for a seven part saga of Breeze Whispered stories starring him and his favorite picori, read to him during the hours of 2am and 6am every day for the rest of his life. Or until Wiki got bored. So probably about a week or so.

The Gerudo listened intently and did her best to write down everything that the bug was saying. She couldn't get everything, but she tried her best. Navina's attention only wavered to look towards the source of the screams before she whipped her focus back to Buzzari. So this .. person and Guy were friends? Possibly co-conspirators. She also wondered what was in Guy's Adventure Pouch that wasn't actually his. If given the chance, she would absolutely take the opportunity to empty it.

"... That is a very good question," Navina said as she finished writing down her last thought, looking over towards Julius and Tent. The captain seemed to know more about their mission than her, but he looked busy with Guy's other companion. Of course, she didn't care about that, instead opting to move over towards the pair, hoping that the bee (?) would follow.

She looked down at the Deku Scrub who was attempting to use the stick-apparatus that had been given to them. Navina hadn't bothered to pull it out of the side of her belt, but seeing the scrub's attempt tempted her to try as well. Instead, she stared at Tent before directing her attention towards Julius.

"Can you explain to ... 'Buzzari' where we are?" Navina asked the captain. She was unwilling to do so because if she did so the Gerudo would reveal how little she actually knew about their new locale.
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius merely shrugged at the numerous, rather pointed accusations of him and his character as he drank from the bottomless bottle. He was cold. He was sure that that was something everyone else understood. But, more than he was cold, he was nearly positive that they wouldn't return from this mission. Even if they managed to survive whatever monstrosities surely rested here... Well, he wasn't sure how their entire posse would manage to get back.

He wasn't much surprised at the strife between Guy and Wiki, either; however, he hadn't seen Wiki in almost... How long had it been? Some incredible amount of time, he was sure of that much. The city that sat on the clouds and the gigantic beast they took down... and Guy having gained what was, by this point, his nearly trademarked whizzing and whirring around. Either way, their strife was nothing new to him, and he merely decided to have some side conversation with one of the three people he actually considered to be friends -- none of which, unsurprisingly, included his subordinate or Wikitoria Levitt.

He watched as Tent grasped the Dowsing Rod again. He knew his efforts wouldn't work -- they didn't have enough of a concrete image, or something along those lines -- but he was willing to acquiesce when Tent requested he do the same.

He grasped the red-coloured staff in his hands, thinking of... there had to be a moon in this place, surely; so, he thought of that. He wasn't exactly concerned with whether or not the magical devices worked; they were given to him to be an aide on this decidedly suicidal mission anyways.

He was unsurprised when the staff simply pulled up, pointing to the cloud-covered sky.

He looked to Tent. "They work, at least." He spat into the murky pools, as if to accentuate his statement and general attitude towards being sent on something like this, only to have two almost decidedly awful people show up along the way. "I think we need to keep moving, though, and leave the others to settle whatever problems they have between themselves, however. We're wasting time, and," he shivered unwillingly, reinforcing his next statement, "I keep getting fucking colder."

Then, the smart-mouthed, smart-ass, better-than-you-even-if-I-do-nothing Gerudo garbage can decided to open her lips. It was clear to him immediately that she knew nothing of the assignment; something he wasn't surprised of. He wasn't even sure how she had found out about any of this. It wasn't exactly publicized knowledge.

"Well, Buzzari, if I can bee frank with you for a moment..." He shifted his gaze from the ever-cheerful bee-buddy to Navina. "We are currently on a mission with the operating parameters of destroying this area. It is not contained within Hyrule proper; it is, instead, a fragment of reality left behind by some power. This mission is currently regarded as suicide by those involved in conducting the paperwork, which is why our task force was supposed to be minimal, and only include highly-fit, highly-able people." He gestured to Tent, and flicked his gaze towards Guy. He made no regard to anyone else. "You," he began; it was unclear as to whether he was referring to Buzzari (whose company he usually enjoyed) or Navina (whose company he always detested), "are an anomaly on this operation, and will likely be a factor as to why exactly we failed to secure the objective. Besides that, we are in unknown lands accomplishing a mission we don't even know how to accomplish."

He turned back to Tent. "I'm ready to get a move on whenever you are."
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Buzzari smiled eagerly as Julius began to speak, as they seemed to bee speaking the same language. Still, his head tilted slightly in a curious sort of fashion--as if to suggest he wasn't completely understanding what the man was saying. Still, he offered, "S-sorry, I'll try not to get in the way! ...Buzz." With that said, he proceeded to buzz over and land on Tent's head, at chest-height to Julius, arguably in the way. He seemed to still bee in a chipper mood, however.

Tent sighed, nodded towards Julius, and began to shuffle off. His hand nearest the man lifted into the air, quietly lighting ablaze to provide the three of them with warmth and light. Trying to use Buzzari's energy to keep his spirits up, Tent begin to slowly wade through the water. At the moment, it didn't really concern him whether or not the others followed. Frankly there was nowhere for any of them to go anyway, and he already had a Commshell for Guy and Julius. Having no direction in which to go, he simply pushed forward, "I suppose if we just keep walking straight... we may one day find something. It is at least better than standing still. We will be able to survive for a while--and maybe pull through if it be DIn's will."

Throughout this entire conversation between two guards, a bee, and a mage, Guy and Wiki had been busy bickering back and forth in the background with their warbling Deku voices. Guy himself couldn't get over how utterly intolerable Wiki had become, so much so he couldn't put it into words. Even her choice of 'disgusting' did not do it justice. With a groan of annoyance, he shoved his hand into his pouch and began searching around--presumably while Wiki continued ranting and/or insulting him. He ended up pulling out a puzzle bux, a bottle, a toothpick--oh that was Buzzari's weapon--and other trinkets before finally grasping something very box-shaped and fist-sized. He heaved it out, tossed it at Wiki with little regard whether or not she caught it--and even less regard whether or not it was actually hers.

Hopefully that would keep her occupied for a moment, as Guy himself bailed on interfacing with her, and instead scurried back over to Tent. He silently handed a certain the little black spear he found in his Pouch, mumbling, "Next time, warn me... Buzzari."

"Buzz! Thank you, Mr. Guy!" Buzzari happily took his little stinger, cuddling it. He added cheerfully, albeit with a hint of remorse, "I will bee more careful next time." He wasp fairly certain this was a dangerous place, not for someone like him--Julius wasp quite clear about that. Honeystly, though, Buzzari was a little bit excited he accidentally tagged along. It would bee an adventure!

Guy responded with a slight nod, glanced away into the distance, and sighed. This could have been a nice, melancholy place, but... not everything can go as expected, he supposed. Maybe Buzzari will help keep everyone cheerful. Maybe Navina will have some ridiculous insight only a naysayer high-horse like her could have. Maybe Wiki will trip and kill herself. There was hope things could turn out for the better, at least. Maybe. Probably not. He groaned.

(All my posts feel like clusterfucks lately. :kermit: )
  10. Saria

Navina felt slightly offended as the pair walked off without her. How intolerable. Plus, Julius was being absolutely horrible to the small man. A factor to why they failed? How rude. She placed her things back into their proper storage pouches and followed along. Besides, getting further away from Wiki and Guy wasn't a bad thing.

Wiki herself couldn't get over how utterly intolerable Guy had become, for many reasons, so many so she couldn't put them into words. She groaned and rolled her eyes. He used to be fun. Now he was just... a bump on a log. She glanced over at him. Maybe he was always a bump on a log and she was just more tolerable of people back then. And probably more tolerable even if she didn't want to admit it. If she was prompted to why she had becoming more of an intolerable bitch, she of course would remark that they were wrong, and two she would continue on to say that she had continued to waver more and more on her stance on whether she wanted to take over the world or purge it and the indecision was probably stressing her. She shrugged. Either way, Wiki was glad to be in possession of her Picto-box again and the fact that Guy seemed not to care much about it gave her hope that he hadn't snapped any pictures. This event and revelation had put her in an overwhelmingly better mood, although considering her natural disposition and the company she was stuck with, it still wasn't saying much.

She looked up, distracted in her own success, and realized she was being left behind. No. That would not happen. And of course, because someone dared to ignore her, she needed to speak her mind. Right now. But then she looked around - she was accompanied by a literal flying pest, a race traitor, a man who would drink Din's piss, a shriveled prune who had his head far up his ass and a woman who managed to worm her way up the same orifice with him. Wiki gripped at her face and groaned before sprinting off to catch up with the group. She swung her attention towards Guy when she managed to catch up, groaned slightly, and then realized she would probably have to use fewer words on this bunch. Navina wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and Wiki assumed Guy's asshole demeanor was just him coping with various incompetencies. One of those incompetencies probably was a lack of quick wit if he was from the same branch as his sister. She looked at Tent - any man who believed what he believed was bound to be as dull as they come - and then to Buzzari. She didn't feel the need to comment more on Buzzari's comprehension level. She looked up at Julius. He was a Hylian, so regardless of how smart he thought he was, he was bound to be dumber than the average scrub. Well, in her opinion anyways. After a few moments too long of silence, Wiki groaned.

"A-Are you guys going to just ... wander around?! Seriously?!" Wiki said. She couldn't stand the fact she hadn't been asked for advice yet. One, she was Wikitoria Levett, two... she... also might have been stuck here for a few days. And couldn't find the way out. But she had found other things that she didn't want to talk about. She didn't make maps in her obnoxiously huge journal, she just wrote down her thoughts, and she didn't have the best mental map of this place, but she was pretty sure she wasn't going to forget what that thing was. Or where approximate she could find it. "Wow, and here was I thinking the group I came in with was dense. And they're dead." To be fair, anyone who would allow Wiki to come with them without any reservations probably deserved their untimely deaths.

"Why not, wow, here's a thought, ask the person who you found here?! It might be that she was actually on her way to go accomplish something and was so rudely interrupted by an unleashed bitch." Navina immediately stopped in her tracks and shot a glare back at Wiki. "Oh, sorry. 'Off the leash female canine mating stock'." Navina slowly unsheathed her short sword and the Deku Scrub cackled. Wiki probably needed their help more than they needed hers. But they didn't need to know that.

An air of arrogance was still very important in times of desperation.
  11. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius continued to openly ignore anything and everything Wiki and Guy had to say to one another for a long while, still focused on what his arthropod-associated Minish companion was saying. Or rather, his tone -- at the very least.

"I actually didn't mean any of that towards you," the Guardsman spoke at the thumb-sized straggler. He didn't really care about whether the bee came or didn't; it's not like he had any real impacts on anything except morale, anyways. "But there are certain other people who... just shouldn't have shown up."

Julius left it at that, for the time being, as Guy approached the group. Wiki was shouting some nonsense behind them -- if she had been in here for apparent days (not that there was much to measure time by, anyways), then how the hell was she still alive? Frankly, he was already cold -- even with this Din-forsaken White Wolfos hide -- so she must have been freezing. What had she ate? Did Deku Scrubs even eat? Could they? There were many questions to him -- all of which he decided, promptly, didn't actually matter.

What mattered, to Julius at least, was moving and perhaps figuring something out, instead of producing an unncecessary amount of infighting for the group. They, frankly, had no idea what might even be in here, and yet they chose to waste time and energy by being irresponsible, selfish idiots to one another. He turned to face Wiki.

"Can you and Guy please stop behaving like children for three minutes? We," he motioned to himself and Tent, "are currently trying to figure something out about this Goddess-forsaken hellscape, so that we can accomplish what we came here to do and fucking leave." He stood, looking at Wiki for only a moment, before continuing. "By being here, all you're doing is being a nuisance," he spat at the . . . rather incredibly racist creature. For a race made up of plants, her sheer bravado in their superiority was rather impressive. "I brought Tent and Guy along because I know that they can listen, deduce things on their own, and above all else, are actually competent fighters. If I thought that there were actually zero chance of returning from this place alive-- believe me, by all means, Wikitoria Levitt-- if I thought that, I would have found you, and dragged you in here." He stopped, looking at the others.

It didn't matter any more. None of this mattered any more.
  12. Guy

Guy Admin admin

A tiny smile was sent towards Julius. But, to bee frank, Buzzari wasp a little startled by all the shouting. Wow. Such yell. So scare. Much concern. He buzzed down a little bit lower, finding Mr. Tent's ear--or at least where he assumed a Deku Scrub ear to be located. With a whisper, he offered, "Why must everybody bee so angry?"

Tent gave a slight shrug, and glanced towards the others. Guy had stopped yelling himself--maybe he had just grown tired of it, or had maybe it was because Wiki had stopped yelling at him in particular. Instead, Julius had begun. Navina was drawing her sword. Tent simply sighed. There was an obvious source to all this, and he unfortunately knew her well enough that she wouldn't shut up by any normal means. It seemed to spring up wherever Wiki went. There was an obvious solution here, though he did not want to admit it--not even to himself.

He did, however, see Guy move towards Navina's side, in a symbollic way that made it obvious who was siding with. The jet-black Deku Scrub slowly drew his blade, following Navina's lead. Well, if the guard and one of his better friends was going to lead the way... maybe this would be for the better... maybe they could just knock her out.

With that thought in mind, Tent wadded through the water towards Navina's opposite side. His hand visibly caught fire, magical flames dancing upon his fingertips, as he, Guy, and presumably Navina all silently stared down the most obnoxious Deku Scrub any of them had ever met.

A tiny little voice squeaked out, "...G-Golly! ...buzz... Hi've never seen you all so angry!" Clearly, Buzzari had little idea what exactly wasp going on--but that should hardly bee surprising.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  13. Saria

Navina twitched. She hoped that she just misheard Julius, since he was far away. What a rude man. He was just so disrespectful. He treated his actually uniformed comrade colleague with such disdain that Navina didn't even want to try to have a better opinion of him. A man was only a measure in his team with depending upon how well he managed around the colleagues he hated, even if that management meant dealing with... intense personalities. Navina had every right to be here as him - as long as she didn't try to arrest or outright anyone she was fine. But no one said anything about self defense...

Wikitoria put up her finger before she began to speak, first, she was going to point out Julius's horrible mispronunciation of her name. She didn't care, of course, of course, she just wanted to correct him. But then she noticed Guy pulled out his sword as well as Navina. From what she had gathered about the Gerudo, she wasn't the type who could go beyond the threat of murder. Guy on the other hand.. And then of course there was the fact that the dumber of the two Dekus had just set his hand on fire. Wiki really regretted not having a fire resistant tunic. She always regretted it. She will always regret it.

".. Listen, the fact you think I can't figure things out on my own offends me, truly," Wiki said, backing up slightly whilst sticking her hands in her pockets. She did her best to look unperturbed, but she was rushing to think through her quickly thinning options. "I know how bargaining works, shit, I'm a Deku Scrub." She shot a glare at Guy and Tent, the reality of her dying not getting in the way of her next jab. "We tend to make our own offers first and not let someone else lead the way." There was a slight sense of contemptuousness emanating off of her words that she probably couldn't hide even if she wanted to. Scrubs taking orders from lesser races. Disgusting.

"I've been wandering around for awhile and I don't see much, I didn't see much, it's fucking barren," Wiki began to speak quicker than normal. Had she been wandering around for days? Time for Wiki was probably too slow or too fast depending on her mood (usually too slow) and the fact she couldn't control it or track it with a sun right now made her not care about it in the slightest. Maybe it was only hours that she had perceived as days. Either way, it was completely irrelevant.

"But I found a few bodies, and then a found one interesting body that might be your.. shit, guardsmate? Whatever," Wiki stepped back slightly again. "Either way, when I say interesting mutilation, I mean interesting mutilation. Craftsmanship work. I enjoyed this particular floating gore aesthetic." She was referring to a body that looked like it had been run over by something and sliced. ((Of course, no translucent waters appeared and no train tracks became visible because why would wiki have a moment of clarity when she was busy admiring a dead hylian :') )) The scrub had only seen intact bodies before, and this one she took particular note of... before getting bored of his lack of loot and then realizing there were better things to look for. But shit, why would that be interesting? She was talking to Guy, Julius, Navina, Tent, and Julius. Not Sienna, who might not kill her with the idea she could kill something else. Would Buzzari care? Was Buzzari a variable in this?!

"... So when I say that, if there is some sort of beast or great evil or whatever thing to slay, I could show you the body and then get out of your hairs, leaves, and disgraces for leaves."

Wiki stopped, realizing an insult had just slipped out of her mouth and she took a quick look at Guy again. She had a feeling that he had the same trait that she liked about his sister: the ability to murder someone and not feel guilty about it. But Navina was still holding up her sword...

"... and might I also remind you that she brought me here?! It's really not my fault that you're getting a healthy dose of bluntness in a time where you might not be up to handling it." Never her fault. No, definitely not, Wiki absolutely didn't happen to catch a glimmer of red on the horizon and begin to move towards it. No, no of course not.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius sighed, disgruntled from Wiki's very presence. It was... mystifying, in a way. She was the absolute worst of any beings he had come across before. Hell, he wouldn't have been surprised if Ganon himself was more personable than Wiki was.

He put a face to his helmet, doing what he would have done if not for his visor getting in the way. "Alright, let's..." He took a look around. It looked like they were all about to absolutely murder Wiki, which, he admitted to himself, even he had a problem with. "Alright. Let's take a step back. We need to focus on what's actually going on here." He wasn't sure if he could manage to actually persuade them of anything, but he would be damned if he didn't at least try.

"We need to, first of all, focus on clearing our mission objective. Guy, Tent. You two remember what that was. Leave Wiki alone; she's not worth the waste of effort. We need to..." He trailed off, looking around the group. The sky was the still same nondescript gray... mess. The scenery was depressing. Colorless. Irritating.

No wonder everyone was so on edge.

"Alright," he said, regaining his focus. "We need to get a move on if we're actually going to find out anything about this place." He turned towards the group once more. "Navina, please stow your blade; Tent, don't waste flames like that. We might need them later." He turned towards Wiki. As far as he knew... Guy hadn't drawn a weapon yet. As far as he knew, hell, Wiki probably didn't even have a weapon. "Alright. Buzzari, sing a song if you have to."

He studied the Deku Scrub in front of him. She was... Absolutely disgusting, sickening to his very core of being, to say the least. But she had information. "Wiki, you said you knew where... a body, was it, happened to be? Would you mind leading us there, then? Free to go afterwards, assuming you can find your way back to the portal, of course." It was better than wandering around, entirely aimlessly, for... Nayru could only know how long. He turned to address the others of his group.

"Tent, Buzzari. I want you up there with Wiki, if you think you can handle it. Guy... I want you as an advance scout. You're the fastest of all of us here, and the best that can immediately notify us about distant dangers. Reach me over the CommShell if you need to; either way, keep it handy. Navina... Stay with me, and we'll tail behind Tent, Wiki, and Buzzari, in case anything tries to come from that direction."

Assuming the group could be... even mildly cohesive, then they might actually have a decent chance of surviving through it all. But, like all good things, that small glimmer of hope would, doubtlessly, eventually turn into nothing but a speck of Keese shit upon the rafters. At least, that was what Julius was expecting to happen, at any rate.
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As Wiki spoke, Guy twitched slightly--if only because the woman's phrase of 'interesting mutilation' was disturbingly reminiscent of his own sister. While Wiki was a blatant liar, this time she may actually have decent information--and there was some tiny, incredibly low probability that she could lead him to something interesting in this place. For that reason, and the fact everyone was watching him, Guy mentally decided he would not outright kill Wiki. There were two guardsman and a religious nutjob here, after all, and he would have to tolerate their presence as well. However, he could probably still get away with maiming her. Considering the difference between his combat expertise and hers--and his knowledge of Deku anatomy--Guy was certain he could easily put the woman to an inch of her life without killing her--if he really wanted. He had seen Sienna do it plenty of times, after all.

Tent himself ignored most of what Wiki said--it was best to tune her out, he thought, if such a thing was possible. When Julius began to suggest not murdering Wiki, Tent was the first to put down his weapons, extinguishing his fists. He nonetheless still believed knocking her unconscious was the best course of action. It would help retain the morale of the others, and also prevent Guy or perhaps Navina from doing something more violent. If Wiki was unconscious, Navina or Julius would be able to carry her over-shoulder without much encumbrance, or so he assumed. Still, he was not so apt to announce this plan aloud... Maybe if things grew worse, he would revisit it..

By the time the captain had finished formulating his plan, Guy was already gone--his jet-black body faintly visible far ahead, well out of earshot from the nutjob, the crazy bitch, the other bitch, the delusional twerp, and the douche. Good riddance, he thought.

With a bit of reluctance--for several reasons--Tent nodded towards Julius, "I can agree to this formation." It seemed he had little choice anyway, knowing he would not be able to catch up with Guy. Turning towards Wiki, Tent asked in a polite tone, "Do you remember in which direction you found the corpses? If this place is as vacant as you say... it might be good to start wherever there is something of substance."

Meanwhile, a certain small fellow wasp already obeediently on the second verse of 'Ode to the Buzzing Bees,' as written by Buzzari the Bee! (That is he!) Thankfully for everyone around him, their normal conversing tone easily talked over his wee bee singing voice.
  16. Saria

“You—“ Wiki snapped, pointing her finger directly at Buzzari. “You are gonna stop it with the singing, and if I hear another pun there’s gonna bee blood. Yours, specifically.” She glared at everyone, everyone within eyesight (and Guy too, at least in his general direction). Taking her time to point at each and every one of them.

She inhaled sharply when she glared at Tent, finally stopping on him and putting her finger down. She was happy that Guy had stormed off, in all honesty. She couldn’t stand the man. His companion was a bit more tolerable, but something about him always made her a bit uneasy.. Who knew what it was.

“So, do anything remotely indecent lately, Tent?” she mocked. If she had lips they surely would be smirking. “You always seem so innocent. Well, asides from the intoxication. Not sure if you’ll be able to handle the sight of this.” She started to laugh as she walked off in the direction of the body. If someone were to try to harm her from her snapping at Buzzari it would be their loss of information, no bark off her back.

Navina glared at Julius from behind her visor before sheathing her blade. She let out a guttural sound of agreement as Wiki walked off. She would follow Julius’s orders – for now. Before anyone had a chance to object, she whistled loudly, a dark shadow rising from the waters below next to Julius. Four large fingers found their way onto Julius’s legs, and then half way up his body, jumping at his waist. If the beast had a tongue, it surely would be panting. It was friendly for a Floormaster, almost too friendly.

The Gerudo cocked a brow. She was surprised her summon had worked, given the overall nature of the place. Regardless, she was happy to have the beast nearby. It usually was an asset, or at the very least a distraction.

Eventually, the group surely would come upon the body of the sliced guard. The low ranking soldier certainly would be a sign of something else arriving on the scene, but that was still to be seen.