One and the Same [Sinistrari & Cataphractoi]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Sinistrari, May 6, 2016.

1. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

Datura [Sinistrari]
    Abigail [Cataphractoi]

---​

One rupee…?” Datura repeated incredulously. Somewhere along its travels the distraught exclamation had lost its intended volume, dropping out of her painted lips as nothing but limp air. Her brow puckered and in one last stab of hope she pressed, “That’s it?”

“Sorry, lass. But I don’t see aught in it. Seems like some sorta child’s toy or carvin’ if ya ask me.”

Well yes, I agree with that. But that doesn’t mean you should! Restraining a very fierce pout, the Gerudo instead leaned forwards onto the shopkeeper’s stall. With tightened, squeezed shoulders the neckline of her top plummeted and she smiled with teasing mirth over her perfectly framed assets: an effective technique in her experience.

“That’s really it…?” The Gerudo insisted, low and smooth and exotic. Her golden stare practically melted under the fiery rims of her lowered eyelashes. It wouldn’t do to wiggle her frame like a teenager but she could afford a little bit of impatience if it was performed in the right, subtle ways. “Really?”

“A-a-aye…! ‘Tis all you get!” The well ripened buffoon flustered.

Taking the bait the Gerudo leaned even closer, feeling the rustic, wooden stall groan under her weight while the rest of its contents softly chimed. She was practically a breath away from the stranger’s face now and the innocent act had long been dropped. In full, devious glory her vibrant grin shone through her veil. “Are you sure about that?” Datura whispered with a Keaton’s silent laughter, slowly breaking eye contact and allowing her Aroma Ring to sink in for the full effect she desired. Abandoning the Kinstone half to the stall’s surface, the Gerudo busied one hand and its fingers to lightly tickle and glide its way up the man’s sweaty chest, finding his stubbly neck and then his jaw where she pretended to wipe off a smudge of something. “Who knows? If you feel a little more generous you could find yourself with even more than just a child’s toy…”

“I’m m-m-m-married-…!!!” The poor foul choked, practically incinerating himself.

“And?” Datura cooed. With a soft tousle of loose, red waves she perked her head to one side and looked up with him a raised brow.

“I-I-I have a-…a child!”

“Oh! What a coincidence. So do I!” She laughed.

“Two even!”

“Really?” She gasped in play. “Impressive.” With a little, crafty purr she took a steady, firm hold of his collar and pulled him towards her within biting distance.

“G-g-g-osh woman, PLEASE!!!”

And then the stall broke.

Flimsy as the structure had been – but thoroughly embarrassing nonetheless – the whole table burst under her weight in an abrupt rupture of splinters and a raucous chaos of tacky household items. Far more than it had ever looked neatly stacked up, the contents spilled through the cobbled streets of Hyrule Castle taking her Red Rupee Kinstone Piece with it!

Caught in the act, red-handed and flustered with a rosy bloom of her cheeks, Datura still stood with her arse poked out at one end of the imaginary stall and her hands all over the shopkeeper at the other as she watched her strange little gem of a treasure roll away before her. Not quite able to collect herself just yet, all she could manage was a soft, round “Oh.”
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  2. Cataphractoi

Cataphractoi Nanase is rebooting reg

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    The cobbler gave Abigail a knowing look as she walked in.

She flushed slightly, but she had long given up on coming up with reasons for needing yet another replacement pair of shoes. He seemed to be of the opinion she liked to trade them for shiny things while drunk, but she was fairly certain that her acquisition of jewelry was unrelated to her constant loss of shoes. Still...at this rate she may as well just retire from the Guard and become the drunken jewelry vendor of Castle Town.

"The, ah, usual, please," she requested with no small hint of embarrassment. It sounded as if she was ordering a drink, but that was just what got her into this mess. The cobbler never seemed to lack her style of shoes, and she really suspected he, at the very least, made another new pair every time she bought one. Or had a stock of them somewhere. How else would he always have them in her size? He stepped into the back room and, as always, returned with the exact kind of shoes she had lost last night.

"What've you got fer me this time?" he asked smugly. She sighed and reached into her pocket for the peridot ring she'd somehow acquired- wait, what is this? Along with the ring emerged a little, red semi circle emblazoned with half a rupee. A kinstone? Had she come into possession of that last night, as well? Shaking her head, she put the stone back into her pocket and traded the ring for shoes. Whether they were of the same value, she had no idea, however she had no use for the ring and little need for additional rupees, given how much time she spent in the field.

As she stepped outside, she considered swapping her boots out for the new shoes, simply for comfort, but the walk home really wasn't that long. She was still thinking of it when the sound of splintering wood reached her ears, and she whipped her head around immediately, combat instincts kicking in. What am I expecting to do about it anyway? she thought. Cast spells using a shoe as my focus?

A combination giggle-snort escaped her as she laid eyes upon the source. How had that even happened? A story was there, she was sure of it. She stepped closer to take a look at the scene, which mostly seemed to consist of cheap wares strewn about and mixed in with broken wood. The road was busy, but apparently the merchant's goods were so worthless that people were simply walking right on by.

Odd. That does not fit in with the rest of the items.

In the exact center of the road was a trinket which stood out from everything around it. For that matter, it may have simply been something someone had dropped. She picked it up for a closer look, realizing with a start that it was a match for the kinstone she already had. No one seemed to be looking for it, but she supposed if anyone ask she could simply share whatever came of merging them...

Shoes pressed to her ribs with her elbows, she retrieved her own stone and slotted them together.
  3. Sinistrari

"OH! Wait, that's mi-!"

"No missy, you aint going anywhere now!"

Datura flinched and with a reflexive start scarcely dodged the shopkeeper's riled grasp. Clawed fingers swiped at thin air. An overbearing weight creaked and then toppled, with a feral roar preceding another raucous crash. The shopkeeper was down and wounded, spilling yet more stock in a wider splash of greater chaos as he landed in its tacky waters face-first.

A startled gasp dropped the Gerudo’s jaw and a small, desperately stifled small laugh swiftly followed at the spectacle as she performed a hardly elegant backwards stumble; her thinly slippered feet scarcely managing to traverse the mess underfoot. More than just a few pointy-edged objects made her feel the true pain of fashion but in the grand scheme of the present such discomforts were but trifling things! Datura twirled and in one lithe lunge grabbed the thief of her tiny treasure by the wrist.

“RUN!” She exclaimed in a hot, excited hiss.

Whether the unsuspecting Sheikah wanted to or not, Abigail was yanked along with the Gerudo in a blazing trail of an escape around swerving corners and through cluttered alleyways. A little dramatic? Perhaps. Yet if any woman knew the strengths of a vendetta it was this one. She’d been hunted far more times than she cared to count because of one matter or another that someone wanted to settle with her, and out of all the times they’d actually caught her none of them had been pretty. It was easier, and far healthier for both her already light purse and very valuable body, to just flee.

After a few minutes of accelerated heartbeats, Datura abruptly swung towards the ridiculously narrowest gap yet, pushing her unfortunate companion in first before squeezing in after her only to halt stationary right in the middle. It wasn’t usually the sort of…compact distance she usually asserted with women when she first met them, but her golden eyes were far too busy flashing at the opening to their sharp left for any pursuing predators to pay it much mind.
  4. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Hm. No apparent reaction. This warrants further observation. Abigail turned the stone over in her hands a few times, at one point attempting to split it in two and reunite it, but the two halves were now completely fused. She failed to even locate a hint of a seam. It was like there'd never even been two objects at all!

She was still mulling the question over when, suddenly, she was being dragged along at a full sprint.

Someone clearly wasn't thinking things through! Abigail could only run so fast, so she had to be slowing the other person down. So completely flabbergasted was she that she failed to even react beyond attempting to stay on her feet. Casting on the move was possible as long as she had a focus, and either a shoe or the stone would certainly suffice! But the thought didn't even occur to her, because she was too busy wondering what the hell was going on. Technically what was going on in her head might be considered complaining, but it was closer to a length string of invective only a scholar could produce.

She let out an ungraceful yelp when her...kidnapper?...abruptly changed direction into an alleyway. Her first thought was that this was a very tight squeeze. Between her own dimensions and- oh.

Abigail was no longer complaining.

Pressed between the wall and a very well-toned woman she'd never seen in her life, Abigail found herself speechless for an entirely different reason. You see, the woman opposite her was short, but not as short as Abigail, and that lent itself to certain...geometries.

Oh, to hell with beating around the bush. There was a large Gerudo bosom pressed against her face.

"I...you...goodness. Abigail. I am Abigail, that is. Name? Yours? Curses. My words have deserted me..."
  5. Sinistrari

'Abigail'? Who- oh. Oooooh. The thief!

The thrilling heat of the moment had at last faded. With her own safety assured and the only sound that of pulsing heartbeats, when a voice called out from her bosom it delicately summoned forth a look of perplexed surprise. Datura inclined her head and with a hard, rounded purse of her lips felt her eyes widen. Well this was slightly awkward. Not as awkward as she thought it would be, but slightly strange nonetheless.

But isn't this one effective way to trap a thief! The bewilderment swiftly melted and in its place bubbled up a most devious, chiming laugh. Under the teasing narrow of her golden eyes her cheeks crinkled with a smirk. She won't be going anywhere for a little while then!

"So she has a name." Datura purred. She made no efforts whatsoever to adjust herself in this very compact, heated situation. On the contrary she actually shifted to increase the pressure and truly lock the young woman away from any sort of escape. But now she looked properly...the one called Abigail had the most spectacular of eyes for a Hylian. Most peculiar. And almost exotic. She admired them in her own jealous, little way though her own molten gold was by no means dull.

"You have a little something of mine." She continued with a growing predatory smile.
  6. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Abigail blinked rapidly, her analytical mind taking over for a moment.

"You are not familiar with Kinstones, I assume. The second fragment belonged to you, then? Your worries are unfounded, as the effects of a fused stone affect both owners. I cannot return your half, however, as the two are now one, and, moreover, they have become entirely useless. We each will receive a boon in due time instead," she explained, her face heating up more and more as she spoke. Damn this woman! She was so close that simply speaking was giving Abigail an...intimate knowledge of her assets. And her scent.

Logically, she should now ask the unnamed woman to give her space to demonstrate with the Kinstone. The other half of her mind demanded she stall, instead. If this woman was content to press their bodies together, who was Abigail to argue? Granted, that approach might leave her with something of an itch. Last night had hardly ended as planned, after all.

No, the logical part of her mind was correct, as usual.

"If you would be so kind as to provide me with the space to do so, I would be delighted to show you."
  7. Sinistrari

Should she risk it? It wasn't like Datura didn't know that trick. The instant she allowed some breathing room was possibly the very second she slipped right through the bars.

The Gerudo's lips parted and then pressed, her thoughts leaving an obvious trail across her expression as she weighed out the options and her first impressions of her new acquaintance. To take her seriously? ...Or not? She had certainly spoken with the confident air only a knowledgeable scholar could achieve but then again, it could just be a bluff. An elaborate, well executed bluff, but a bluff nonetheless.

At the end of the day though, was a tacky red shard even worth this much fuss? But it was still mine and I hadn't even traded it yet.

After some reluctance, and a withheld huff, Datura snaked her way out of the gap. She'd reached the conclusion that it couldn't have possibly have been that precious - especially for something broken. Yet, all things aside, she was incredibly curious and looked very suitably expectant as she turned and looked back at Abigail. She'd set her free and now demanded adequate payment.

"Datura." The Gerudo introduced with a charm of a smile. She extended a jingling, embellished hand towards Abigail to aid her own exit if needed or even simply desired.
  8. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Abigail breathed a sigh of relief as Datura pulled away. Perhaps now it would be a little less difficult to think with her head. She was a bit amused that Datura seemed to think of her as such a flight risk- nothing bigger than a Deku was getting outrun by Abigail. Oh, sure, she might have delayed the woman with magic, but if she were going to do that, she wouldn't have waited until now!

She accepted Datura's hand and squeezed out of the alley, then raised the Kinstone up and into Datura's line of sight. First she ran a finger across the space where the seam should be, then she simply smashed the silly little thing against the nearest wall. It came away intact, and without a single scratch upon its surface.

"As you can see, the stone is now virtually indestructible. Kinstones bear some sort of enchantment which permanently fuses them when united, and they have value only before fusion. Due to the difficulty in finding matching pieces, as well as their being relatively common amongst adventuring circles, they have little value even then, of course." Abigail shrugged, then offered the spent stone to Datura. If she wanted it so badly, well, it wasn't as if Abigail needed it any longer. "You may take the completed item if that is your wish, but we may as well simply discard it. I know not what effect it has had on us, admittedly, but I expect we shall discover that within a few hours."
  9. Sinistrari

Value is a very objective opinion.” Datura challenged, far more artful tease to her tone than any sort of taunting conflict. “It doesn’t take much to make it rise or fall if you know the right words for the right people.”

She laughed and accepted the coin with scrutinising eyes. Silent marvel widened them and she appeared impressed; if not also still a little suspicious. One couldn’t help but debate the possibility that her own shard had simply been slyly exchanged for a replicated whole. Honestly though it didn’t matter either way.

At that point the Gerudo’s attention drifted to take in Abigail’s overall appearance: from her generally small figure and dazzling silver hair. She appeared to hold herself like anyone with a healthy dollop of self-confidence and-…also possessed an air not quite that different from those who served righteously in the Royal Guard.

Ah.

Interest piqued, an admittedly excited, slight smile pulled at Datura’s tense lips: suddenly firmed and alerted by her suspicions. She curled the merged Kinstone into a soft, possessive fist while a little voice at the back of her mind started searching their surroundings for effective, quick retreats – just in case. Though if she could help it, Datura would like to stay in Abigail's company for as long as possible. The most dangerous of flames always held the greatest warmth.

“Are you part of the guard, perhaps?” The Gerudo inquired very directly with a perk of one eyebrow.
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  10. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Datura seemed to be eyeing her with suspicion, but Abigail returned her gaze steadily. It wasn't her problem if the other woman chose not to believe her, after all. She seemed slippery enough to recognize a con when she saw one, though, and Abigail suspected she also knew enough to rule out the possibility of one.

"I suppose the membership of the Guard is hardly a secret, so it is no trouble at all to answer in the affirmative." That said, Abigail's eyes narrowed. The question was...odd. She had never been outright asked such a thing before. She wasn't even on duty at the moment. "You must be quite familiar with the Guard to hazard such conjecture, however, and I must in turn inquire as to why that is."

Hm. Not how Abigail had expected this day to go. Interrogation was never one of her duties, for that matter. She was trained for it, but not experienced in it, and so it was difficult to separate herself from the situation or the subject of her questioning. The very, very attractive subject. Who is most likely a decade your senior, Abigail. Stop that.

She failed to stop that. She did succeed in maintaining eye contact. That was something, at least.
  11. Sinistrari

"Familiar?" The Gerudo repeated.

As the word rolled across her tongue like fingertips over silk, she smiled. The dimples deepened and she laughed, eyebrows cocking as she half-sighed, half-moaned in sultry reminiscence to add, "Very. Though some more than others. I am prone to favouritism." A confession with which Datura admitted no shame.

Golden eyes slid across Abigail's features in a prying glance once more: scrutinising again but suspicious for a different reason this time. With a chime and jingle her head cocked to one side and the smile grew enough to crinkle her eyes. Was her gut correct about that too? Perhaps the only true way to discover the truth was to be just as direct as mere moments ago. It couldn't possibly go too wrong right, right? Besides, Datura liked to experiment. A spice in her life never did any harm. Well. She wasn't dead yet anyway.

Without warning, sleek, soft fingers reached out and lightly grasped the Sheikah by her chin. Laughter danced in the Gerudo's stare as she lowered her voice to lean in a whisper, tickling warm breath across the acquaintance's skin. "As for why that is: are you sure you'd like to know?"

A slap to the face? A kiss on the cheek? A hot blush? Or some disgusted petrification? Datura was silently placing her bets.
  12. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Wait- did she just...? How many members of the Guard could she possibly be sleeping with?

It would seem that is was a non-zero number, at the very least. That...that was a major breach in security. A single woman seducing multiple members of the elite unit dedicated to the Royal Family!? Goddesses. She could walk right into the castle with nothing more than a couple pecks on the cheek. Abigail hoped her colleagues in the 'home guard' section were disciplined enough to keep their love lives and jobs separate, but optimism was rarely a desirable trait in her line of work.

On the other hand, Abigail was not one of those stationed in Castle Town. Perhaps the others weren't either. It's not like field agents had any authority over the home guard, nor access to the castle outside of meetings with her superiors. Given her leeway in hiring outside help for missions, little she did was really even classified.

Abigail, stop preemptively justifying sleeping with a major security- her hand is on my face her fingers are so smooth oh no.

Datura got the blush she was looking for. Given Abigail's practically albino skin, it was a very obvious blush. Her breath caught in her throat and her eyes widened slightly at the contact, and she was suddenly very aware that she had spent last night alone.

In the comfort of her own mind, Abigail began reciting every curse word in her very extensive vocabulary.
  13. Sinistrari

Ah. Warmth flourished against Datura's fingertips and it became increasingly tough to restrain an eager, devious laugh. So she was correct: again. How fun! Mirth danced in her golden stare. Her pearly teeth glimmered between her plump, red lips. Whatever should I do with this one?

So many possibilities. So many more temptations. To do or not? This or that? The Sheikah felt all sorts of vulnerable at the mercy of the assured Gerudo's wiles, and as a result it felt like such a terrible waste to do nothing at all with this opportunity. That aside, Datura feared if she allowed Abigail to so much as breath again she'd lose any chance at all. Now that would be very disappointing. So she stayed there, besides the woman's ear, paused with erratic thought. Who knows how many seconds crawled by in heated anticipation, but neither of the women seemed in a rush to break the silence.

"Well then," Datura at long last whispered in a feathered giggle. "I'll take that as a yes."

In a cascading shift of thick, red waves, the Gerudo withdrew but didn't release her latest victim. Her hand had slid from Abigail's chin only to instead swiftly snake down to her hand and entwine their fingers. She turned and then tugged. A lowered glide of her long eyelashes later, Datura had lassoed the Sheikah with charming, sultry smirk cast over her shoulder.

"Let's go." She ordered. And with that the duo were on the move again, Datura all the while unable to hold back a slightly terrified but nonetheless darkly amused fear of: imagine if Remei knew.

In truth however Datura had no lewd intentions as of yet. Instead the Gerudo was actually more delighted that she had firmly secured herself a female companion, which was a terribly rare occurrence for someone like herself. Most of her own sex kept their distance, whether because of envy, fear, or just out of pure loathing. As a result some shopping was now in order! Perhaps Abigail could advise her on a new outfit or even join her for some cake. Either way, one thing was for sure and that was that Datura now knew the guard lady's weakness and held no qualms about exploiting it for her own desires.
  14. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    "Wha-" Abigail cried out as Datura yanked on her arm. She stumbled for a moment before regaining her balance, barely holding on to her new shoes in the process. Truthfully, at this point she had no idea what was even happening. She wasn't sure she wanted to know just yet. Imagination was a wonderful thing.

Datura's stature translated to a long gait, leaving Abigail struggling just to keep up. That might have been on purpose. It made it harder for her to concentrate and amplified the feeling of being dragged along. After a moment of acclimation, though, she began to regain her senses and take stock of their surroundings.

Surprisingly enough, they didn't seem to be leaving the market area so much as they were going further inside of it, towards the bigger and more well established shops. Was she getting kidnapped for a shopping trip? It sounded preposterous, but what other option was there? The market district was firmly placed right on top of the old gardens. There weren't many entrances as a result, and it was a general rule that the further in one got, the more prestigious the merchants one would find, since it was easier to place the temporary stalls and carpet shops where they could be removed with minimal effort when the time came.

So...apparently she was going shopping with Datura. For some reason. Hopefully she didn't think Abigail was sitting on a wealth of rupees because, hah, she would be in for a surprise there. Although she supposed she could just replicate clothing designs if she wanted to. There was an interesting thought.
  15. Sinistrari

Okay. Enough rushing. That was more than a sufficient amount of physical exertion for one day.

Datura relaxed her entwined grip on the Sheikah only to link their arms instead and throw her one last, charming smile as they passed into what was debatably the most high-class tailor shop in Castle Town. Assured by the warmth of the female companion at her side, the Gerudo didn't at all seem to mind the glares and gossips of the obnoxious noble wives huddled in the aisles and in the corners like overdressed vermin. The dancer had long since attempted to adopt a don’t-see-don’t-care attitude to such venom but actually having a ‘friend’ along for the ride proved to be a more genuine comfort.

Datura’s chest glowed with confidence and she strode through the shop with the pride of a queen. Every now and then she’d pause to fondle the rich fabrics with her ever so ‘dirty’ and ‘whorish’ hands. But it was only after a few minutes of entering the establishment that the Gerudo paused and then inclined her head and lowered voice to Abigail.

“How many rupees do you have?” She questioned boldly. There was something devious and daring glimmering in her golden stare but the plot wasn’t quite ready to be hatched yet.
  16. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Abigail breathed a sigh of relief when Datura finally slowed her pace, only to do a double take moments later as she saw what shop the other woman had in mind. Her wallet would not survive this place. For that matter, she wasn't sure her wallet would currently survive purchasing a single sock from this place. Especially not after all the booze she'd purchased the night before!

To that end, she tried not to look at the clothing. It was silly and she knew it; it wasn't as if ignoring it would make it cease to exist. Instead she noticed the other shoppers staring. At Datura, Abigail, or the pair of them she wasn't sure, but at least that problem was easily remedied. Datura might choose to ignore them, but Abigail sent her best murderous glare at anyone she caught looking and noticed with satisfaction that most fled, looked away, or at least shut right the hell up. Coddled nobles were so easy to deal with.

Distractions aside, she certainly saw Datura's query coming, and in answer she simply opened her wallet with a blank look on her face. The scattered selection of green and blue rupees, while sufficient in a middle class store, marked her as a relative pauper in this particular establishment. Really, she had no idea what Datura had expected. Abigail's casual clothing was relatively nice, but it was handmade from store bought materials, which was far cheaper than buying an equivalent outfit at a store. That wasn't necessarily obvious, but the cheap pair of shoes pinned by her elbow since they had met should have been a sign.

Besides, they'd met at the spot where stalls gave way to middle class stores! Really, it was Datura's fault for assuming.
  17. Sinistrari

Indeed, she should have expected as much but the truth of the matter didn't lighten the disappointment on Datura's face. One was allowed to hope! Yet she supposed all dreams must come to an end and if you asked for too much sometimes you got nothing as a result. Surely just having Abigail along for the ride should suffice... right?

The Gerudo restrained a small huff and bit down on one lip to restrain its smothering sigh. Her pretty captive didn't have much at all to her name but in saying that at the very least she did have something. Though not an end it was a start. Perhaps combined with her own wealth they would have sufficient funds, or maybe...just maybe…

Not quite. You're daring, Datura, but to try and pull off a crime with a guard in one arm would just be plain foolish.

Golden eyes lingered on the young woman’s striking, albino features. Occasionally it was easy to forget her composed, educated speech from earlier after witnessing her so flustered much more often. As much as the Gerudo would’ve liked to play with her prey this one wouldn’t be easy: not in comparison to some of her colleagues. She couldn’t so easily act on her impulses this time. A tricky opponent for sure. A sharp-toothed, pearly smile broke through her reverie.

“Then let’s do this instead: an investment.” The exotic beauty practically chimed, soon finding her spirits again. All the cogs of her thoughts had neatly slotted into place and as a result a new flash of an idea relit her eyes.

Snuggling up against one side of the Sheikah, the Gerudo leaned in and purred, “Is there anything here you would like? Anything at all?” With jingle she motioned one hand around their surroundings, though her stare never once lifted from her companion. “Name it.”

She’d want something else in return, of course: though no longer anything from here. But that side of the deal would be better served AFTER Abigail received her end of the transaction.
  18. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    "I see no reason I should patronize this establishment given my capability to..." Abigail began, trailing off as she registered Datura's proximity and the look on her face, both of which triggered a bit of blushing. Hm. Perhaps she would just have to humor her. Shaking her head to clear it, she glanced around at the assorted fine clothing surrounding them, unsure as to what she might even use. Her handmade bags were sturdier than the showy accessories in here, and given her tendency to, ah, misplace shoes, she glossed over those entirely.

Lingerie would be as subtle as a warhammer to the face. Hats weren't her thing. Any gloves sold here would never survive her usage of them. The dresses and tops were nice, but maybe a bit too nice for her typical night out. Her eyes passed over a shelf of knick-knacks and gadgets, and her mind filed the design of one away for later use. She suspected it was a makeshift Hawkeye or a magnification device for jewelers, with multiple magnifying lenses that could be toggled in and out with individual switches. Worthless to her, but maybe with the right materials she could enhance-

I shall have to retrace this line of thought at a more appropriate moment, she thought, refocusing. Maybe she could simply select something to humor Datura, rather than something she actually needed? Or a piece of jewelry she might later be able to enchant? A ring, then. No, too suggestive. The symbolism attached to gifted rings was far too great to make it a casual purchase. Then...a bracelet would do nicely, yes. That in mind, she moved to peruse the jewelry selection, dragging Datura along (insomuch as she could force Datura to do anything).

The materials were unimportant. She could make use of whatever she had on hand, so aesthetics were a more relevant concern. After a few moments she spotted a bracelet that matched her typical look- it was a link bracelet, the components of which were made of some non-precious silvery material. Mounted upon each link was a small fairy, with a body of golden-hued topaz and actual silver wings. Between the cheap, small stones and the minimal use of real silver, it was on the low end of the store's price range, which Datura was sure to appreciate.

Or was Abigail pitching in on her own gift? She was unclear on that count, but decided to go along with it either way.

"This bracelet would be an excellent match for my embroidered robes. Given that they are my most utilized attire, I feel that keeping them in mind is prudent, after all."

(Sorry this took so long! I had a hard time deciding how Abigail should act here.)
  19. Sinistrari

(No worries! To be fair I'm making pretty much all of this up on the spot too!)

It was almost as entertaining making guesses as to what Abigail's choice would be than to see her debate over the options herself. Datura's insistent offer appeared to have put the Sheikah in quite a predicament! From here to there and then all the way back again, the Gerudo watched as her piercing red eyes scrutinised their surroundings: a toothy smirk growing upon the dancer's lips all the while. It was difficult to understand why she hesitated so - there were countless things Datura wanted - but it was nonetheless amusing to witness. She could happily just stand there and stare at her expressions all day. But alas, all good things must come to an end.

"This bracelet would be an excellent match for my embroidered robes." Abigail at last spoke up. "Given that they are my most utilized attire, I feel that keeping them in mind is prudent, after all."

Interest piqued by the item which had endured all the hardships of Abigail's ruthless judgement, the Gerudo almost instantly looked towards the subject of her decision with a flutter of suddenly squashed excitement. A bracelet? That's it? And by the looks of things it was highly likely that it was the cheapest item in the whole store! Was that all her new companion thought of Datura's gratitude? Or did Abigail still suspect that her own savings were still needed? Nonetheless it was a disappointment.

"Well...if that's what you really want." Datura solemnly replied, a slight huff of a sigh swiftly pursing her lips.

Contrary to her often evident greed, this Gerudo got just as excited about obtaining wealth as she did about spending it whenever possible; and there loads of other pieces in here that she was sure would match Abigail much better. But oh well. A girl wants what a girl wants. There was nothing for it but to admit defeat and quickly reassert her natural cheer. "Hhm. I can't say much without having seen your robes myself but it is a pretty little bracelet regardless."

She nodded surely to herself as if to make her own words ring true, then, without another wasted moment, the Gerudo quickly secured the shopkeeper and made the necessary transactions. In a few heartbeats the bracelet was hers with a fresh, ripe opportunity ready for the taking.

For instead of simply passing Abigail the gift, Datura instead softly raised one of the woman's hands in her own. Like a finely fitted glove the Gerudo's tanned fingertips slid on the bracelet in soft caresses: all warmth and lingering touch. And then? Of course it wasn't over. As if she were a prince, she lifted the mage's pale knuckles to her lips and-! ...? ...Suddenly changed her target to peck the bracelet instead.

"There." She proudly announced, victory charming a smile and dimples to curls across her face. Laughter practically blazed in her golden irises as she eagerly awaited her desired reaction. "Now you're mine. And you promise never to take it off, don't you?"
  20. Cataphractoi

3DS Friend Code:
    3368-2140-7105
    Datura seemed somewhat disappointed by Abigail's choice, but she couldn't figure out why. Did she think her choice of gifts lacked in extravagance? She had spoken the truth in regards to its practicality. Its gold and silver coloration would match nicely with the gold embroidering of her robes. Strange.

So caught up in this mystery was she that it wasn't until Datura lifted her hand that she returned to reality and realized the purchase had been made. Her eyes flashed up to Datura's face with a start as the bracelet crossed her fingers, and she blushed as Datura leaned in to kiss it. Goddesses, this woman is skilled at seduction, she thought absently. Warning alarms continued to go off in the back of her mind, but they were a distant concern and largely forgotten by the rest of her.

"Insomuch as I am able, I see no reason to remove it," she managed, clearly flustered. "I confess I shall be required to eventually, however, if I am to properly enchant it." Scanning Datura's face for signs of disappointment, she hastened to add, "I assure you that after I do, I will have even less reason to remove it, of course."