Moving on and New Beginnings

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by darklink28, Oct 10, 2013.

1. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Hello everyone at Hyrule Castle!

First and foremost, I want to say what a wonderful community this is and how much I have enjoyed being apart of it. For the last six months, I have poured my soul into writing for the main page of the site and trying to help Hyrule Castle grow and be the best it can be. I created a twitter from scratch for the site and promoted the hell out of us. I have written exactly 20,961 words here in my news stories and features. Not everything I have done is something that you can quantify though; I did a lot of research on forum software and brought Xenforo to Bitoko. While he was hesitant at first, he really fell in love with the software, and, that is how we have it here today. I spent a lot of time networking and making contents, and even got press credentials for the website. I was the only writer for the site for the majority of my time here, which made things incredibly difficult -- I didn't get to do everything I wanted to because I had to prioritized, but I loved doing it. I love the opportunity Hyrule Castle has given me, and will always be grateful. I was given the chance to build a brand from scratch, a lot of it experimental, and will always feel blessed to have had that opportunity.

I also want to thank every single person who has ever taken their time to read my articles. I had so much fun writing them, and although so time consuming, I loved doing it. Again, 21,000 words! 120 full pages worth on Microsoft Word.

With that being said, it is time to move on. This is not just because of a change in administration; this is actually something that has been in the works for almost a week now. I have been given a special and unique opportunity to write for Zelda Universe as a News Correspondent, and it is an opportunity I simply cannot pass up. That being said, if you have enjoyed my work, I will post there under the name "Morgan." I reached out to their head editor a little over a week ago to see if they were looking for anyone, and I was extended an offer early this week. I accepted. There are a lot of reasons for this, but primarily, it's the chance to reach more people with my writing, something I truly take pride and joy in.

While moving on is always sad, and I have so much fondness for this community, it's time for a new beginning for me. I will still stop by time to time though!

I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart, truly, and thank you for your support these last months. It's been a crazy ride, and even somewhat exhausting for me, but I have truly enjoyed it and have poured every inch of myself into Hyrule Castle. I love you all and I wish Guy all the luck in the world as he leads Hyrule Castle into a new era.

-Morgan
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Sad to see everyone go at once :aww: but this is indeed an opporturnity you shouldn't miss out on!

I wish you good luck and a good time over at ZU!
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

:tpr:

Admittedly, I'm envious you actually got a writing position at ZU. Godspeed!

And, of course, thanks for all that wishful luck.~
  4. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Was there some coup I missed :tpr: ?

In all seriousness though, great job with the news and good luck with your... well, news.
  5. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Everyone, thank you for the kind words. I have poured my soul, time, and energy into this site the last six months and don't regret it at all. It was hard deleting all of my work for the site, but was something that was going to be done regardless of Toko's change.

Fort the sake of transparency, this is my timeline of events. Raz, it's actually a huge coincidence that Toko and all are stepping down at the same time as me; actually, I was kind of 'let go' before he even stepped down.

10/2: I applied for a position with Zelda Universe.

10/6: I was offered a writing position with Zelda Universe and accepted. I was merely waiting for it all to become "official" and have my staff access and such go through to make the announcement, and it just did the day before yesterday.

10/6: Dustin/Toko let me go, as he decided to re-purpose the main site for RP blogs and the like and not post Zelda news anymore. There wasn't any place for me.

Even before that though, I was planning on leaving, either starting a brand new site or hoping I got the position with ZU; I was just mum about it. There was a total communication breakdown with the staff here, and then once my private messages were spied on, that was the last straw for me.

Anyhow, I'm not speaking ill of anyone; it's just the way it all went down. This was going to happen regardless of who was admin or who wasn't. I'll still pop by and may even try RPing here if I have the time.

Love you guys.
    Double_r111 likes this.
  6. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

I will miss you, and I'm glad you got a position in the Zelda Universe... place...
    :O I HAVE HAD A RATHER CURIOUS IDEA THANKS TO YOU :O
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE.
    YOU WILL BE MISSED.